PDA

View Full Version : If the Founding Fathers of the US were Freemasons...

johnnyhayek
06-03-2012, 09:50 AM
...doesn't that mean they're Templars? So Washington is a Templar, and Connor has no idea about the Assassin-Templar war yet when he's helping him. So basically both British and colonists have Templar leadership. So, I think people worried about the game being all American(one of them is me) shouldn't worry much. I'm sure Corey May will innovate.

dxsxhxcx
06-03-2012, 10:01 AM
be a Freemason the same way as work for Abstergo doesn't automatically make you a Templar, judging by the concept art we saw until now Connor is wearing his Assassin outfit in the ones he appears with GW, so we can assume that he already was an Assassin when he helped GW and was fully aware of the Assassin vs Templar war....

johnnyhayek
06-03-2012, 10:38 AM
be a Freemason the same way as work for Abstergo doesn't automatically make you a Templar, judging by the concept art we saw until now Connor is wearing his Assassin outfit in the ones he appears with GW, so we can assume that he already was an Assassin when he helped GW and was fully aware of the Assassin vs Templar war....
I understand that. But I was reading about Freemasons lately, and Henry Ford was one of them, and he's a Templar. Plus, the Freemasons were in the form of the Knights Templar during the Crusades and their origin goes back to King Solomon's Temple in Jerusalem, where in AC1 they found the Apple. And even if Connor is wearing his Assassin suit, that doesn't mean he knows the full details of both sides of the war. He could have been given the suit and not told what it is, just like when Ezio first put on his. He probably doesn't understand that men like GW try to make it seem like they're liberating the people, when all they want is a New World Order under the "United States".

Assassin_M
06-03-2012, 11:51 AM
I implore you people.stop starting these topics, because they will not be solved by speculation. lets just wait for the game and see..

johnnyhayek
06-03-2012, 12:10 PM
I implore you people.stop starting these topics, because they will not be solved by speculation. lets just wait for the game and see..
I agree with you trust me. But this is just something I wanted to share.
check this out if you want: http://science.howstuffworks.com/dictionary/awards-organizations/freemason.htm

BBALive
06-03-2012, 02:34 PM
...doesn't that mean they're Templars? So Washington is a Templar, and Connor has no idea about the Assassin-Templar war yet when he's helping him. So basically both British and colonists have Templar leadership. So, I think people worried about the game being all American(one of them is me) shouldn't worry much. I'm sure Corey May will innovate.

Freemasons != Templars.

Yes, some Freemasons are also Templars, but that doesn't mean all of them are. The organisations aren't synonymous.

rileypoole1234
06-03-2012, 03:33 PM
The organisations aren't synonymous.

This indeed.

Acrimonious_Nin
06-03-2012, 04:25 PM
Freemasons != Templars.

Yes, some Freemasons are also Templars, but that doesn't mean all of them are. The organisations aren't synonymous.

I like the computer code :p so true lmao

Assassin_M
06-03-2012, 04:39 PM
I like the computer code :p so true lmao
Yeah I dont think all of the readers may understand it xD

smengler
06-04-2012, 02:06 AM
Yeah I dont think all of the readers may understand it xD

You'll probably get this (http://www.hashbangcode.com/blog/string-equals-zero-php-240.html). The idea behind it is kind of funny. It's about how in PHP true equals false.

But on topic, I think that we'll have to wait to find out. There hasn't been enough released in the AC universe to find a conclusion about this.