PDA

View Full Version : Research material. Sources of inspiration for the order of assassins.

DeaconRayne
05-29-2012, 04:50 PM
I'm curious; if I wanted to read more about the history of assassins (as I assume the good people at Ubi did a great deal of research into the matter) what books would be worth my time? I remember an old issue of Game Informer listing a few books.
I was given the below links, but they don't seem to be working any longer. .
My thanks in advance.

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/foru...771035819#9771035819

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/foru...911006006#4911006006

Acrimonious_Nin
05-29-2012, 05:00 PM
Here are some books

Marco Polo's adventure - which touches on the myth and lore of the hashashins of the Levant region in one chapter

Alamut - this author did his homework and made the book a drama/philosophy/ historical novel

The assassins: the holy killers of islam

There is an account of the hashashin through the eyes of the chinese historian which gathered info from the mongol attacks....but I do not know the name of the book and I suspect that there is no translation of the book other than chinese....

There are more books but the ones listed are more solid in there facts.....or close to it at least

DeaconRayne
05-29-2012, 05:20 PM
Yes, Alamut and They last templar both came highly recommended.

DeaconRayne
05-31-2012, 06:19 PM
Are there any other suggestions? I picked up encyclopedia of assassins already. I know, when Assassin's creed first came out, Game Informer did a piece about it where they cited a few books.

freddie_1897
05-31-2012, 09:10 PM
im not too sure of any other books, i've heard of the assassins from Altairs time in a history book somewhere but i can't remember the name. historically the leader told 2 of his assassins to jump off the walls and kill themselves to show their loyalty in front of an enemy, like what happened in AC1, but they actually died IRL

Acrimonious_Nin
05-31-2012, 11:03 PM
^ that was in front of a French King or Captain, but I have the book that says that...The guy was French for a fact that witnessed this...