PDA

View Full Version : AC3 has to be as good as, if not better than, AC1 and AC2...

johnnyhayek
05-28-2012, 02:14 PM
I was very disappointed with ACR. ACB was really good and lasted long, but its focus was a war and not assassinations. AC1 and AC2 were amazing. Their atmosphere was very well done. AC3 has to go back to those games, or improve, or I will be very disappointed. The war theme of this game worries me though. What do you think?

SixKeys
05-28-2012, 03:22 PM
The war is just a backdrop in AC3. Connor's main concern is killing Templars no matter which side they're on, whereas in ACB everyone you killed were working for one side.

Assassin_M
05-28-2012, 03:46 PM
You hate the war theme ? Funny..
I dont know If you`v realized, but Assassins Creed I was set during the Crusades..

freddie_1897
05-28-2012, 03:51 PM
fair enough, ive got no problem with people who don't like the war theme, but if AC3 is like AC1, which was, like m said, a war backdrop, then i'm sure it'll be fine.

but we'll have to wait and see

johnnyhayek
05-28-2012, 09:39 PM
When I said war theme, I didn't mean there was a war in the background. The Crusades were a big reason why AC1 was such an amazing game for me.(I know the Crusades were wars, I'm not an idiot :p). What I meant by war theme was that gameplay was too war-like, as in you used bombs and commanded recruits in order to attack the Templars' forces instead of assassinating Templars themselves stealthly. Sorry it was a diction error. In fact, it is because AC1 had such a good war background that you fet like your targets were actually significant. So please M, ma titmaskhar tene marra ;)

UrDeviant1
05-28-2012, 09:42 PM
AC3 will be better than AC1 and AC2. I feel It In my loins.

SaintPerkele
05-28-2012, 09:45 PM
I understand your concern. However, it was stated by the developers (and shown in a gameplay demo) that Connor will not take place in a battle in the traditional way. Instead, his goal is just to assassinate, for example, one officer in particular. As such, war will be present (not as subtle as in AC1, rather like Viana in ACB if you want or Arsuf in AC1), but you're not a soldier. Consider the battles as a sort of dynamyc city maybe.

johnnyhayek
05-28-2012, 09:48 PM
I understand your concern. However, it was stated by the developers (and shown in a gameplay demo) that Connor will not take place in a battle in the traditional way. Instead, his goal is just to assassinate, for example, one officer in particular. As such, war will be present (not as subtle as in AC1, rather like Viana in ACB if you want or Arsuf in AC1), but you're not a soldier. Consider the battles as a sort of dynamyc city maybe.

That would actually be awesome. I like those types of assassinations.

Acrimonious_Nin
05-29-2012, 12:35 AM
AC3 will be better than AC1 and AC2. I feel It In my loins.

Where are the loins? and do you feel them every time you play AC1 and take a risk performing the leap of faith in hopes you land in the hay...AC1 was more like the leap of hopes; not all the time would Altair land in the hay....>_>

Assassin_M
05-29-2012, 12:38 AM
When I said war theme, I didn't mean there was a war in the background. The Crusades were a big reason why AC1 was such an amazing game for me.(I know the Crusades were wars, I'm not an idiot :p). What I meant by war theme was that gameplay was too war-like, as in you used bombs and commanded recruits in order to attack the Templars' forces instead of assassinating Templars themselves stealthly. Sorry it was a diction error. In fact, it is because AC1 had such a good war background that you fet like your targets were actually significant. So please M, ma titmaskhar tene marra ;)
atmaskhar ? That is funny xD
For the record, I wasnt..:p
But now that you`v made your point clearer, I agree with you and that is most likely how AC III will be.

DualFace
05-29-2012, 12:43 AM
The new engine is proof alone how much more advanced ACIII is compared to even the most recent game, ACR. For
anyone who's been given the demo show at the trade shows will tell you real quick how amazing it is. I'm pretty sure the
general public will finally be shown what's been shown behind curtains recently....at E32012

Acrimonious_Nin
05-29-2012, 12:46 AM
laa- shay a waqui'n moutlaq-bale-kouloun-moumkine I speak arabic too :D that translates to ''hi I hope you are enjoying your time here." just for those that can not read :D

DualFace
05-29-2012, 12:48 AM
Stop speaking Arabic, and start speaking Mohawk.

Acrimonious_Nin
05-29-2012, 02:59 AM
I do not think where I live offers mohawk language classes -__- sadly

johnnyhayek
05-29-2012, 07:39 AM
laa- shay a waqui'n moutlaq-bale-kouloun-moumkine I speak arabic too :D that translates to ''hi I hope you are enjoying your time here." just for those that can not read :D
I think whoever's played AC1 and paid attention could notice what those words mean :p

johnnyhayek
05-29-2012, 07:46 AM
atmaskhar ? That is funny xD
For the record, I wasnt..:p
But now that you`v made your point clearer, I agree with you and that is most likely how AC III will be.
I know you weren't. :) I just wanted to see if you understand what I say :p As for AC3, I'm waiting for E3 to convince me. But I know no matter how it turns out in the end, I'm going to play the **** out of it, being a fan since November 13 2007, the launch day of AC1.

Sukramo
05-29-2012, 08:35 AM
The new engine is proof alone how much more advanced ACIII is compared to even the most recent game, ACR. For
anyone who's been given the demo show at the trade shows will tell you real quick how amazing it is. I'm pretty sure the
general public will finally be shown what's been shown behind curtains recently....at E32012

Graphics mean absolutely nothing if the story is bland/terrible (like in Revelations)

playassassins1
05-29-2012, 09:02 AM
I think whoever's played AC1 and paid attention could notice what those words mean :p

not really. When Claudia (ACB) got recruited, It was said in Arabic and English.

Nothing is true, everything is permitted.

SaintPerkele
05-29-2012, 10:59 AM
Graphics mean absolutely nothing if the story is bland/terrible (like in Revelations)
To be honest, the story of Revelations was much more interesting than the one of Brotherhood.

I agree though, graphics are not the only thing that matters. In AC though, they have a certain importance. Great graphics add to the atmosphere, which is incredibly important in the franchise.

johnnyhayek
05-29-2012, 11:05 AM
not really. When Claudia (ACB) got recruited, It was said in Arabic and English.

Nothing is true, everything is permitted.
You get my point man -.-

playassassins1
05-29-2012, 12:05 PM
You get my point man -.-

Sorry... Got carried away..

johnnyhayek
05-29-2012, 12:14 PM
Sorry... Got carried away..
Nah it's fine. You're right anyways. I forgot about that scene with Claudia. Would have cited it myself if I hadn't. Good work.

phoenix-force411
05-30-2012, 10:28 PM
I don't know, but if you think closely, AC II was mostly about assassinating specific people within most of the 14 Sequences. AC II can be boring, and I'm not saying it's bad, but it has many moments where you're constantly running all over the place. AC II can be judged negatively regardless of the story, just as much as AC. ACB had more content imbedded into the story, but during the middle of the game, the game becomes more linear. Most missions after the 4th sequence I believe, became connected with one another after you finished the most previous mission. The missions became less creative and more boring in general. ACR's balance of the game did not involve the player to simultaneously assassinate someone at the end of a sequence. It went off track of the usual assassinating someone at the end of a sequence, and that I admired. The only negative things in my opinion for ACR was the free-running stability, locking stability, and the lack of smoothing the rough texture of the game.

hrhjtjht
05-31-2012, 08:46 AM
[Spam]

jmk1999
05-31-2012, 06:08 PM
it's a spammer... just ignore them. :nonchalance:

luckyto
05-31-2012, 06:56 PM
Graphics mean nothing. I still love Mario Kart and Super Mario Brothers. Hell, the original Combat is still fun. So is Pong. Gameplay, gameplay, gameplay. If the combat is good this time and not monotonous and the guards AI is pretty solid; then it will be fun.

danielgervide
05-31-2012, 07:04 PM
Where are the loins? and do you feel them every time you play AC1 and take a risk performing the leap of faith in hopes you land in the hay...AC1 was more like the leap of hopes; not all the time would Altair land in the hay....>_>

I'm happy i did not play Asassin's Creed 1, instead i got the improved Director's Cut edition that had not that problem :D

freddie_1897
05-31-2012, 09:05 PM
graphics don't make the game, but if it had minecraft graphics then i would hurt someone

Sarari
05-31-2012, 10:21 PM
So please M, ma titmaskhar tene marra ;) Mat khaf. He won't ;) lol

Acrimonious_Nin
05-31-2012, 11:02 PM
What is this Arabic stuff I am seeing D: does that say ''Nothing is true, Everything is permitted'' Q.Q *cries* Speak American-English please XD I still need to learn Arabic *sighs*

danielgervide
06-01-2012, 12:06 AM
graphics don't make the game, but if it had minecraft graphics then i would hurt someone

legocraft is another thing!

The thing i hate about minecraft is that for a 2012 game it should have better graphics... i think graphics doesn't matter but they should go along the days they are done, and minecraft is way outdated for a 2012 game!

playassassins1
06-01-2012, 12:32 AM
legocraft is another thing!

The thing i hate about minecraft is that for a 2012 game it should have better graphics... i think graphics doesn't matter but they should go along the days they are done, and minecraft is way outdated for a 2012 game!

You can always download mods to make the graphics better.

johnnyhayek
06-02-2012, 12:23 AM
Mat khaf. He won't ;) lol
Aha. Glad some people speak Arabic here.

masterfenix2009
06-02-2012, 12:52 AM
Minecraft graphics are fine. Keeps the game fun. Better graphics can actually make the gameplay worse. Take Saints Row for instance. Everyone whined for SR3 to have better graphics. They got a massive upgrade in graphics but at the sacrifice of clothing layers.

freddie_1897
06-02-2012, 02:13 PM
i think the minecraft graphics are fine for mine craft, but for Assassins creed?

no

MasterAssasin84
06-02-2012, 05:43 PM
Personaly i think AC3 is looking awesome, so far my best edition to the series is AC2 followed closely by Revelations. i am particuarly looking forward to the fresh change of scenery and Connor is just the hero the franchise needs to succeed Ezio Auditore , though he has rather large shoes to fill i fully believe that this game is going to kick *** fact !.