PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed: tackling idea

craka_jack
05-27-2012, 09:35 PM
Hi Ubisoft,
Personally throughout my time playing Assassin's Creed games i feel like you've tackled a lot of innovative ideas, especially with the frontier in AC3.
However there's always been something I've wanted to do since the introduction of tackling in AC2, and that's tackle guards off of buildings.
I know initially it seems unrealistic, however if they were to be placed say by the pigeons for a leap of faith, or just on a low level building it would be widely more acceptable.
It's not a major change, just something I feel could add a little extra excitement to the series. I think tackling a guard off of a building into a haystack could be a fun and effective method of both killing and escaping from guards.
Any response to this idea would be great,
Thanks,
Jack

SixKeys
05-27-2012, 10:08 PM
I don't see the point and I can foresee it leading into falling off the building yourself most of the time.

blazefp
05-27-2012, 10:14 PM
To start off you already had tackling in AC1, you can grab guards and push them of roofs and you can tackle them of roofs too if they're close enough to the fall. You can easily do that in Castel Sant'Angelo. I get your point but it seems quite unnecessary tbh

naran6142
05-28-2012, 12:14 AM
doing a hook n throw on roof top guards is fun... tho they live most of the time

jzsnyder
05-28-2012, 02:52 AM
Gotta say I really like this idea. As of now, there hasn't been any sort of tackling-into-haystack in the AC franchise, and it seems like a very fresh and satisfying way to end a long chase.

SixKeys
05-28-2012, 03:13 AM
Gotta say I really like this idea. As of now, there hasn't been any sort of tackling-into-haystack in the AC franchise, and it seems like a very fresh and satisfying way to end a long chase.

Why would you, though? I mean, what would it accomplish? Simply tackling a guard isn't going to kill him, especially not if he lands on soft hay. :confused:

naran6142
05-28-2012, 03:44 AM
ezio breaks his fall using guards all the time... except there already on the ground... why not just take them to the ground with you

i dont see the problem with making it possible and just letting the player decide if they want to do it... i could see it making for some cool moments

but to be fair its not like it would make a drastic difference to gameplay

freddie_1897
05-28-2012, 03:55 PM
Why would you, though? I mean, what would it accomplish? Simply tackling a guard isn't going to kill him, especially not if he lands on soft hay. :confused:
if there was a guard in the way on a rooftop while you were trying to get away from someone, instead of killing him and then jumping, or jumping into the hay pile and being caught by him, you could tackle him into the hay pile and assassinate him with hidden blades when your in there.

i personally think it would be neat, but it wouldn't matter that much to me at all if it was in or out