PDA

View Full Version : AC3 Needs To Be Difficult

VEF214
05-26-2012, 03:23 PM
To me, Assassin's Creed has always been plagued by the fact that the combat is just way too easy. The only time I ever felt a need to avoid an enemy to actually plan an attack rather than just running in and slaying everyone was in Assassin's Creed 1, fighting the larger enemies, because you didn't have all of your abilities unlocked early on. So difficulty was created out of sectioning and locking off parts of the player's full power. That's lame, so it needs to be established in some other way. Actual difficulty settings? I'm gonna be setting mine to the hardest one first time through.

The reason I'm going to pre-order AC3 is in fact because of its time period and how that could hopefully directly correlate to gameplay difficulty. Muskets and pistols are far more common in this time period. I'm hoping that this means you can be killed with one shot if you are too clumsy in your dispatching of enemies or too sloppy in your plan of attack. Another point, if there is a group of four British rifleman standing on the corner of a street, I should feel the need to avoid them if they aren't guarding something for example. I should feel their presence as a strong enemy force. (If I target one in melee and kill him, and the other three stand there in melee stances ready to die I'm just gonna cry out of disappointment. I should be receiving three musket shots at my face.) Being a powerful Assassin, I shouldn't feel intimidated, just wary of the fact that the engagement could easily go wrong and endanger me greatly if I'm not at the top of my game during it. They also shouldn't be marked down on my maps as huge red dots. Oh God...why. I guess it's nice not having to use your eyes and just look at icons for some, but to me I'd rather be spending most of my time staring into the environment, not just the mini-map. But basically make the troops of one of the most powerful nations on the planet ... seem like they know a thing or two about fighting?

You can argue that the reason you play Assassin's Creed is for the story and the historical immersion. But to me if the gameplay is so boring and so easy and mindless it breaks my immersion. I don't want to feel like Jesus smiting everyone when playing, and the story certainly isn't given any weight by having a really easy struggle before a new plot point develops. In short, it feels like a relaxing safari ride. In a relaxing manner you take in everything and then you're done, albeit some searching and collection tasks. The enemies feel like they have no real reason to be there. They just provide for "combat" simulations to happen, basically a cool spectacle of various take-down animations. I was faced with some 50+ enemies in Assassin's Creed 1, no problem for me. They didn't have a real reason to be fighting me, and there wasn't a real reason for me to even feel like I was in a fight, it was just to provide me with the means of unlocking an achievement.

In short, make me think about my encounters and actually try to get my adrenaline going during them. It baffles me how people say you're playing the game wrong if you just run in and kill everyone. To me, it's not wrong, just achieving the same means in a shorter amount of time.
_____

tl;dr version: Assassin's Creed combat-wise isn't very hard. It would be nice if we could increase the difficulty and make the encounters/foes a lot more dangerous. Make the enemies seem competent and like real thinking adversaries, and this would lend itself to a better game imo.

Sorry if this topic has been brought up before. :p

freddie_1897
05-26-2012, 03:27 PM
well i'm glad for once someone has brought this up and explained it in detail, i'm sick of the op just being 'because its too easy' good job!

GunnarGunderson
05-26-2012, 03:43 PM
Hopefully getting shot is more deadly than it is in Revelations

Assassin_M
05-26-2012, 03:45 PM
I appreciate your very detailed complain:D
and welcome to the forums;) and like freddie said, alot of people have come here just saying "Assassins creed sucks because its easy"
Good Job and I believe pretty much everyone agrees with you, including me

playassassins1
05-26-2012, 03:48 PM
I think you made a good point, AC's Combat was very easy.but I think the developers stated that the combat will be harder.

And for people that play this game for its story. there should be some sort of option to make combat easier or harder.

Dralight
05-26-2012, 03:55 PM
Hopefully getting shot is more deadly than it is in Revelations

Considering Connor probably won't be wearing armour like Ezio in previous games, I think it will only take a couple of shots to kill you in AC3, which is why it will be important to wait for the enemy to fire then get in close and take them out before they have a chance to reload.

@OP I would love for there to be a difficulty setting for AC3, I'd probably play on "normal" difficulty in my first playthrough, then put it up to the hardest difficulty for my second save, that's what I usually do with games that have multiple difficulty settings.

dxsxhxcx
05-26-2012, 04:07 PM
Considering Connor probably won't be wearing armour like Ezio in previous games, I think it will only take a couple of shots to kill you in AC3

we already saw Connor being shot by several soldiers at the same time and using another soldier as a shield to protect himself, but if the same happens and he doesn't have someone to use as a shield and he survive to that, then I don't know what will be able to kill him, at least in that specific situation shots should be deadly or heavily decrease your health to one bar for example, maybe even add some side effect like bleeding where we would lose health from time to time until we find a doctor..

playassassins1
05-26-2012, 04:12 PM
we already saw Connor being shot by several soldiers at the same time and using another soldier as a shield to protect himself, but if the same happens and he doesn't have someone to use as a shield and he survive to that, then I don't know what will be able to kill him, at least in that specific situation shots should be deadly or heavily decrease your health to one bar for example, maybe even add some side effect like bleeding where we would lose health from time to time until we find a doctor..

It would be a pain in the *** to find a doctor in the Frontier:p

Assassin_M
05-26-2012, 04:13 PM
"Rabbit doctor Bunny"
Ehhhh whats up doc ?

dxsxhxcx
05-26-2012, 04:16 PM

in the frontier we should look for a Shaman.. :p

playassassins1
05-26-2012, 04:21 PM
in the frontier we should look for a Shaman.. :p

Could be possible, and it would make AC allot more harder

freddie_1897
05-26-2012, 05:15 PM
Maybe you find natural medicines? Like berries or leaves that have qualities like painkillers. Oh, and don't think I mean medicines that you can carry round, no you have to find them and use them on the spot.

blazefp
05-26-2012, 08:12 PM
While I agree with the OP I must say the example you provided of the three musket shots in your face isn't the best one, you know they had to be manually loaded and that takes a while so I wouldn't be expecting that reaction from the guards. What they could do was 2 of them attack you whit knives/swords/whatever and the one left loads the musket to fire you, that's be really awesome

True_Assassin92
05-26-2012, 08:14 PM
While I agree with the OP I must say the example you provided of the three musket shots in your face isn't the best one, you know they had to be manually loaded and that takes a while so I wouldn't be expecting that reaction from the guards. What they could do was 2 of them attack you whit knives/swords/whatever and the one left loads the musket to fire you, that's be really awesome

I'm not sure, but I do think their muskets are ready to fire. They're already loaded.

Sukramo
05-26-2012, 08:29 PM
Very much so. More guards (Obviously happening), no medicine, hard chases and content that lasts in a good way, making the game fun to keep playing for a long while.

Rewards for doing dungeons and stuff should obviously be there but not the best armor like in the other games. ACR was a joke in this regard, run around and train recruits and BAM.........best armor in the game which you didnt even know existed. What the snap????

VEF214
05-26-2012, 09:39 PM

I think the guards would have loaded firearms as a precaution at all times. It would be really interesting and fun if the A.I. would retreat to a safer position to reload if they missed the first time and then try to kill you at range again, prompting you to dodge another volley so you can get in melee or engage in ranged combat. I'm going to assume though that the Redcoat A.I. is just going to try to succeed where it has seen its five previously mangled allies fail... melee combat. lol

Another thing, would be more realistic if the guards that flee the battle don't just run until they disappear. They could regroup with other sentries or guard formations and either stay there on alert, go back to where the fight last was, etc etc.

Grazel69
05-26-2012, 11:06 PM
ow yes you described it so beautifully
This needs to happen ubisoft! otherwise you'll piss off all the rest of the fans that arn't pissed off already, if major stuff like this isn't fixed in AC3 I'll never buy a ubisoft game anymore in my life, unless the game has proven itself through extensive gameplay and you don't slam all your corporate marketing nonsense in it (****ty DLC)

D.I.D.
05-26-2012, 11:16 PM
Yeah I hope it's different too. It would be nice if the game changed with each assassin, to reflect a different individual in the role, and perhaps that's what's happened in AC3's design already.

I hope the balletic killing machine style is made much harder, or perhaps even something you can only do towards the end of that assassin's final game. I really enjoyed the fear factor in patrolled rooms in Arkham City, where the enemies would be increasingly afraid of you as a supernatural legend but you were very much aware of the character's human vulnerability. That's a great balance, and having the protagonist stalk, circle and methodically pick off guards in a tightly defended area were the best combat experiences I've ever had in a third-person action game. The Batman games seem to have taken a chunk of influence from the Assassin's Creed series, so I don't see why Ubisoft can't borrow something in return :)

BBALive
05-27-2012, 01:44 AM
There's always the option of making every enemy as strong as a Janissary. It'd be a pretty lazy way of making the game harder, but it'd work.
Increased bullet damage would be good too.

egriffin09
05-27-2012, 02:40 AM
I think the combat in AC 3 will have more of a free flow element to it like the batman games. But, I guess we will find out more at E3.

Calvarok
05-27-2012, 02:53 AM
Your health doesn't recharge during combat any more, and you don't have medicine. They've stated that taking hits will be a bigger deal than before, but Connor is also faster to make up for it. I think that if you play it right, you'll still be able to get through 6-8 soldiers without taking damage. But this will be harder than before, and require you to use the full extent of the combat system. Anything more, and you'll have a hard time avoiding the gunfire, which will probably shred you quickly.

AdmiralLink
05-27-2012, 10:15 AM
I agree that AC3 should be somewhat difficult game but the difficulty has to be reasonable. An example of an unreasonable difficulty is getting full synchronization by protecting a herald without him getting hit (this is from ACR).

iSoTryHard
05-27-2012, 10:56 AM
if we are talking about diificulty i think before the story starts u should be able to choose easy medium or hard or assassin style
Easy-Beginner Assassin
Med.- Pro Assassin
hard- master Assassin

SixKeys
05-27-2012, 11:44 AM
I agree that AC3 should be somewhat difficult game but the difficulty has to be reasonable. An example of an unreasonable difficulty is getting full synchronization by protecting a herald without him getting hit (this is from ACR).

I didn't find that mission very difficult at all. Just keep throwing caltrop bombs everywhere to make enemies stop in their tracks and have your assassins do your dirty work.

Assassin_M
05-27-2012, 12:00 PM
I didn't find that mission very difficult at all. Just keep throwing caltrop bombs everywhere to make enemies stop in their tracks and have your assassins do your dirty work.
I did exactly this xD

D.I.D.
05-27-2012, 02:15 PM

I think that is reasonable difficulty. In this particular case, it wasn't about how fast you could hit the buttons, but about thinking your way through the problem. Some people beat it with caltrops, others did it by staying close to the herald and using smoke with eagle sense and blade assassinations, and there may have been other techniques too. You just had to think about the tools at your disposal.

Getting 100% should be a reward for the best players. It's not something everyone is going to achieve for simply finishing the game. I suspect that listening to customer feedback was a factor in ACR getting spoiled anyway. There was an outcry after ACB because of, for example, the Courtesan mission where you steal the antidote from the doctor a mission many of us loved cracking at 100% and the infiltration missions to the castle, Lucrezia's palace and machine sites, and then ACR came out with virtually no strategy required. I don't want a pretty game where you just do as you're told and I hope, given your interest in some increase in difficulty, that you don't either. In AC1, AC2 and ACB I felt that I was doing certain things which gave me a significant advantage, things that not everyone would think of doing, and that's where the buzz was. ACR felt flat to me because it was so prescriptive, and I felt as though I was having exactly the same experience as every other person playing the game, rarely feeling a sense of success.

If I could ask anything of Ubisoft, it would be to make the most of 100% sync, to employ even more skilled mission designers to create situations which look impossible at first but can be defeated with some intelligence. If I could ask anything of players, it would be to resist your ragequit urges and consider the problems; if something looks impossible, remember that the game has been designed and thoroughly playtested and it's likely that there's a relatively neat way to beat it that you've overlooked. If you don't want to do that then you won't get 100% sync, but that doesn't mean the game is broken.

pacmanate
05-27-2012, 02:52 PM
I think in the frontier, wolves should lick your wounds WHEREVER they may be. And yes I agree with the OP, it does seem too easy. However they are making gun shots more deadly (2-3 shots and your dead I think it was), and you cant regain health IN battle. It should be fine :)

thekarlone
05-27-2012, 03:16 PM
Totally disagree. I think the AC difficulty is that has to be.

Jamison_J_B
05-28-2012, 01:37 AM
My only caveat to ACIII being harder is no pain in the arse trophies please! Such as abstergo employee of the month.

BATISTABUS
05-28-2012, 07:12 AM
I completely agree. Back in February, I commented on a poll on the AC Facebook page talking about the "3 Pillars of Gameplay" (combat, stealth, navigation). It might be slightly outdated due to things unveiled to be in AC3, but I'll just go ahead and post it here anyway.

Note that Navigation got 5,840 votes, Combat got 1,593 votes, and Stealth got 788 votes.

"This should be a big red flag for Ubisoft. The words "assassin" and "stealth" go hand in hand, yet it is by far the least favorite pillar among fans. Why is this? I don't think it's because fans don't want to play stealthy (personally, I'd prefer to), but in many cases it is just a waste of time. Why bother blending in with crowds and sitting on benches when you can just fight your way through in a fraction of the time? Mercenaries get in the way of combos, and factions seem to become irrelevant. The concept of social stealth was interesting in the first game, but it needed a bit of work.

In Ezio's story, stealth became more of an after-thought, as it was something that I personally only practiced when trying to get 100% sync. Ezio was always a scrapper anyway, so I can accept this as being part of his character. However, in the next game, the pillar that deserves by far the most attention is stealth. I know there has always been the philosophy that the game should be created so that people can approach an enemy however they see fit, but there NEEDS to be a stronger emphasis on stealth.

The enemies were much harder in Revelations, but it still wasn't enough. You could always call in an arrow storm, or whip out your gun. Hell, you could shoot a gun in a cave, yet a guard 50 feet away wouldn't notice. The only sound enemies seem to respond to were bombs, but that's an entire issue on its own.

If the Assassin's Creed franchise plans on moving towards present times, and doesn't want to become a full on shooter game, stealth needs to be emphasized (see: Metal Gear Solid). In my opinion, Creed has the best open-world navigation that gaming has seen to date. While still somewhat lacking challenge, the combat system is fun and rewarding. Stealth is very limited, and typically a waste of time."

We know so far that Combat has been completely redeveloped, and there have been major additions to Navigation (trees, buildings, etc.). These two categories were already the most successful, and once again seem to be getting the most attention. We know that Connor is a "predator", which does require stalking, but he also appears to be the most aggressive Assassin yet. There's been news that hunting animals will require a lot of patience and stealth to pull off successfully, but it will be very disappointing if this type of gameplay is only seen in side-missions.

I don't doubt that I'll love AC3, but as far as difficulty and stealth go, I'm crossing my fingers but not holding my breath.

AdmiralLink
05-28-2012, 10:31 AM
I think that is reasonable difficulty. In this particular case, it wasn't about how fast you could hit the buttons, but about thinking your way through the problem. Some people beat it with caltrops, others did it by staying close to the herald and using smoke with eagle sense and blade assassinations, and there may have been other techniques too. You just had to think about the tools at your disposal.

Getting 100% should be a reward for the best players. It's not something everyone is going to achieve for simply finishing the game. I suspect that listening to customer feedback was a factor in ACR getting spoiled anyway. There was an outcry after ACB because of, for example, the Courtesan mission where you steal the antidote from the doctor a mission many of us loved cracking at 100% and the infiltration missions to the castle, Lucrezia's palace and machine sites, and then ACR came out with virtually no strategy required. I don't want a pretty game where you just do as you're told and I hope, given your interest in some increase in difficulty, that you don't either. In AC1, AC2 and ACB I felt that I was doing certain things which gave me a significant advantage, things that not everyone would think of doing, and that's where the buzz was. ACR felt flat to me because it was so prescriptive, and I felt as though I was having exactly the same experience as every other person playing the game, rarely feeling a sense of success.

If I could ask anything of Ubisoft, it would be to make the most of 100% sync, to employ even more skilled mission designers to create situations which look impossible at first but can be defeated with some intelligence. If I could ask anything of players, it would be to resist your ragequit urges and consider the problems; if something looks impossible, remember that the game has been designed and thoroughly playtested and it's likely that there's a relatively neat way to beat it that you've overlooked. If you don't want to do that then you won't get 100% sync, but that doesn't mean the game is broken.

I understand where you are coming from. I guess you have to think about it ... thanks for advice! I think some games lately has gone to simplicity to the point you don't think but react. Come to think of it, I noticed that ACR's Sync is more forgiven than ACB.

pacmanate
05-28-2012, 11:18 AM
I completely agree. Back in February, I commented on a poll on the AC Facebook page talking about the "3 Pillars of Gameplay" (combat, stealth, navigation). It might be slightly outdated due to things unveiled to be in AC3, but I'll just go ahead and post it here anyway.

Note that Navigation got 5,840 votes, Combat got 1,593 votes, and Stealth got 788 votes.

"This should be a big red flag for Ubisoft. The words "assassin" and "stealth" go hand in hand, yet it is by far the least favorite pillar among fans. Why is this? I don't think it's because fans don't want to play stealthy (personally, I'd prefer to), but in many cases it is just a waste of time. Why bother blending in with crowds and sitting on benches when you can just fight your way through in a fraction of the time? Mercenaries get in the way of combos, and factions seem to become irrelevant. The concept of social stealth was interesting in the first game, but it needed a bit of work.

In Ezio's story, stealth became more of an after-thought, as it was something that I personally only practiced when trying to get 100% sync. Ezio was always a scrapper anyway, so I can accept this as being part of his character. However, in the next game, the pillar that deserves by far the most attention is stealth. I know there has always been the philosophy that the game should be created so that people can approach an enemy however they see fit, but there NEEDS to be a stronger emphasis on stealth.

The enemies were much harder in Revelations, but it still wasn't enough. You could always call in an arrow storm, or whip out your gun. Hell, you could shoot a gun in a cave, yet a guard 50 feet away wouldn't notice. The only sound enemies seem to respond to were bombs, but that's an entire issue on its own.

If the Assassin's Creed franchise plans on moving towards present times, and doesn't want to become a full on shooter game, stealth needs to be emphasized (see: Metal Gear Solid). In my opinion, Creed has the best open-world navigation that gaming has seen to date. While still somewhat lacking challenge, the combat system is fun and rewarding. Stealth is very limited, and typically a waste of time."

We know so far that Combat has been completely redeveloped, and there have been major additions to Navigation (trees, buildings, etc.). These two categories were already the most successful, and once again seem to be getting the most attention. We know that Connor is a "predator", which does require stalking, but he also appears to be the most aggressive Assassin yet. There's been news that hunting animals will require a lot of patience and stealth to pull off successfully, but it will be very disappointing if this type of gameplay is only seen in side-missions.

I don't doubt that I'll love AC3, but as far as difficulty and stealth go, I'm crossing my fingers but not holding my breath.

This was an impressive post!

Dieinthedark
05-28-2012, 11:58 PM
Well just an echo but it's nice to see an explanation. I too agree with you.

Acrimonious_Nin
05-29-2012, 12:38 AM
well at least the leap of faith will be harder due to the fact that you will be aiming into a moving hay pile. IMHO I believe its gonna turn into more of a ''leap of hopes'' kinda of sensation when you try it the first couple o'times.

Assassin_M
05-29-2012, 12:42 AM
well at least the leap of faith will be harder due to the fact that you will be aiming into a moving hay pile. IMHO I believe its gonna turn into more of a ''leap of hopes'' kinda of sensation when you try it the first couple o'times.
Nah.. Faith sounds about right;)
There`ll just be more emphasis this time:cool:

DualFace
05-29-2012, 12:56 AM
What I find annoying is that people are continuously misrepresenting streamlined combat for 'too easy'. It's not going to change.
It's gonna be even more streamlined in ACIII. That much can be seen in the media that's been recently released.

Assassin_M
05-29-2012, 12:59 AM
What I find annoying is that people are continuously misrepresenting streamlined combat for 'too easy'. It's not going to change.
It's gonna be even more streamlined in ACIII. That much can be seen in the media that's been recently released.
I dont know what you`v been reading, but last I checked, some guy at Ubi, I do not remember his name, Alex ? anyways, he said that Combat will be revamped..TOTALLY revamped..
Please excuse my Humor:p

De Filosoof
05-29-2012, 01:51 AM
i love ac's combat system, it's so fluid.

I played a demo of batman: arkham city last night and i thought the combat system was terrible.
What a bore...

please don't make AC3's combat system like the batman games.

rileypoole1234
05-29-2012, 02:15 AM

I played a demo of batman: arkham city last night and i thought the combat system was terrible.
What a bore...

... I thought the combat in Arkham City was fantastic...

It may be time for a difficulty setting or a damage setting in AC3. Maybe you should be able to set it so one hit kills you. The combat shouldn't get harder, only the amount of health taken away by a hit or shot should be changed.

FilipinoNinja67
05-29-2012, 01:38 PM
I agree completely with the OP! This is why I never bought any armor in any of the AC games after my first playthrough of AC 2. (with the addition of a slightly harder difficulty Ezio kept his awesome Assassin Robe look that wasn't hidden behind plates of armor)

I thought Batman combat was amazing. AC should have a new game plus mode...

Edit: @ LightRey

You think you could find that thread I think you started? I think it was called, "AC3 Should Have a New Game Plus", I think.

dxsxhxcx
05-29-2012, 02:08 PM
... I thought the combat in Arkham City was fantastic...

It may be time for a difficulty setting or a damage setting in AC3. Maybe you should be able to set it so one hit kills you. The combat shouldn't get harder, only the amount of health taken away by a hit or shot should be changed.

they also need to change the guards behavior/AI/whatever, there's no point in making them almost 1HKO us when they pass most part of the time just waiting for us to start a killstreak and 1HKO them or their attacks are easily avoided by just keeping the defense button pressed (I miss the guards breaking our defense like they did in AC1)...

look at Batman as an example, the enemies are always attacking us and often break our combos if we don't pay attention to them, I believe this is the kind of thing we need in AC, a difficulty setting like you said and that already was suggested countless times would also be perfect for AC, it would please everyone and add more replay value to the game (if done right)...

did they say in an interview that we'll need to aim before execute a leap of faith?! IMO the leap of faith is fine the way it is (being "automatic"), change that is pointless, they should focus in the combat or maybe other free running tactics that are on what we spend most part of our time...

to be frank, I barely execute leaps of faith, only when I don't want to be seen by guards before an assassination or after I activate the viewpoints, since we don't suffer any kind of penalty for just jumping into a wall on the other side of the road and grab a ledge I prefer to do that since it's faster to hit the ground that way.. :P

D.I.D.
05-29-2012, 07:37 PM

What a bore...

I can see why it would look bad on first glance, and in fact I remember playing a demo for Arkham Asylum and thinking the same thing. That demo put me off the games, I ended up playing them much later (late last year, and in reverse order!).

It seems very much as though it's just a button-mashing exercise, but it honestly gets much tougher (and more interesting) than that later on. Also, when people talk about Arkham City's combat, they're really talking about two very different approaches. There's the straight hand-to-hand stuff where you're fighting a mob of goons, and then there are the stealthy areas where you have to clear a room of highly skilled guards. Again, these things get even better later in the game, and they're the real meat of why people compare Assassin's Creed's combat system with the Arkham one. You get into swooping down from perches high up in the ceilings to pick off NPCs one by one, smashing through weak materials to grab people walking past on the other side, make use of tunnels and floor grates... there's a lot going on, and the tension is very enjoyable.

danielgervide
05-29-2012, 08:31 PM
I can see why it would look bad on first glance, and in fact I remember playing a demo for Arkham Asylum and thinking the same thing. That demo put me off the games, I ended up playing them much later (late last year, and in reverse order!).

It seems very much as though it's just a button-mashing exercise, but it honestly gets much tougher (and more interesting) than that later on. Also, when people talk about Arkham City's combat, they're really talking about two very different approaches. There's the straight hand-to-hand stuff where you're fighting a mob of goons, and then there are the stealthy areas where you have to clear a room of highly skilled guards. Again, these things get even better later in the game, and they're the real meat of why people compare Assassin's Creed's combat system with the Arkham one. You get into swooping down from perches high up in the ceilings to pick off NPCs one by one, smashing through weak materials to grab people walking past on the other side, make use of tunnels and floor grates... there's a lot going on, and the tension is very enjoyable.

Let's not forget that to add to the tenstion whenever you kill some1 silently joker starts to joke at his own "guards" and they are aware you killed another.... and that they start searching in groups (unlike assassin's creed that they walk by their own) and you can't just use the normal from behind aproach but you need to think about anything else.

In Akaram Asylum i love the part joker puts bombs in the gargoyles and you must do everything from the ground.

In Akaram City i love they can destroy gargoyles and use thermal visions to see you (if you move while they scan).

Also, in Akaram Asylum i thought the combat was just perfect, to be honest, i only played both batman because i read ppl talking about its combat here at this forum. Batman history never trigered me.
Continuing, i couldn't think of anything to get akaram asylum combat better yet, at akaram city it got even better!

I've still not finished Akaram City (wait for new GPU so i can play high graphics without lag) but for sure, ubisoft should have looked into akaram asylum and city before Assassin's Creed 3 (if they didn't). It was SO nice that i wished something similar was used in the assassin's creed series.

masterfenix2009
05-30-2012, 10:44 AM
Nah. The Assassin's Creed difficulty should stay where it is.

TheHumanTowel
05-30-2012, 11:28 AM
At the very least they have to do away with chain killing. Nothing was more immersion breaking than seeing Ezio kill 20 guards one after the other while they all just wait for their turn to get killed.

Assassin_M
05-30-2012, 04:52 PM
I would want nothing more than for the Hand-to-hand combat to be like Arkham City albeit with more realistic moves.
Something like the moves from the ACR E3 trailer with the system of Arkham City..
That would be EPIC..

danielgervide
05-30-2012, 05:06 PM
I would want nothing more than for the Hand-to-hand combat to be like Arkham City albeit with more realistic moves.
Something like the moves from the ACR E3 trailer with the system of Arkham City..
That would be EPIC..

I would say also sword fight should have mechanics sikmilar to arkham city (and everyone knows we don't want those animations, duh!)

Assassin_M
05-30-2012, 05:12 PM
I would say also sword fight should have mechanics sikmilar to arkham city (and everyone knows we don't want those animations, duh!)
Im just sayin`..
No need to be a wise ***.