PDA

View Full Version : Dlc

Philip_19961991
05-26-2012, 11:58 AM
I am not sure which Assassins Creed III I want to pre- oder, because of the different content of the diverse editions.

will it be possible to purchase the missing content from the other editions? it would be kind of a pain in the !$ to order every edition....and I really DONT want to do that.

Black_Widow9
05-26-2012, 08:40 PM
Hello and welcome to the Forums :D
It depends on what the content is. Sometimes you can download the extra content if it becomes DLC. This does NOT always happen though and I wouldn't hold out much hope for it. ;)

Philip_19961991
05-26-2012, 10:33 PM
aww...

and thanks for welcoming me!

I was asking because I wanted to buy the Freedom edition http://shop.ubi.com/store/ubiemea/de_DE/pd/ThemeID.8605700/productID.247995500
but it doesnt contain the mission from the special edition ( http://shop.ubi.com/store/ubiemea/de_DE/pd/ThemeID.8605700/productID.247033900/Assassins-Creed-III-Special-Edition.html ) where you get that pistol as extra content.
and as that pistol would be so badass, I would really like to have it :/

Locopells
05-27-2012, 12:10 AM
Usually how it works, is that all content from all editions is included on the disc, and is activated according to what type of code you have. Sometimes you can buy codes to activate the missing stuff afterwards, sometimes you have to get the savegames from someone who already has it.

With ACR, the PC version actually came out close to the same time as the consoles, for once, so the Lost Archive DLC wasn't included on the disc like the Da Vinci Disappearance on ACB, and had to be bought separately. Point is it came with unlocks for a few outfits and an extra mission that had been special edition exclusive at the main release.

ACB, you had to do the thing with the savegames as special edition and preorder bonuses couldn't be bought extra.

AC2, the extra stuff was unlocked free of charge after the severs went down and no-one could play the game for several hours thanks to the DRM.

So in other words, there's no way to tell what they'll do. If AC3 PC version does actually come out on October 30/31 like they're claiming (...) then I imagine it'll be like ACR, with the missing extra stuff unlocked with any DLC that comes along.

Philip_19961991
05-27-2012, 01:08 AM
oh ok, thanks!
and how is that savegame thing working?

AntiChrist7
05-27-2012, 10:13 AM
im pretty sure all the additional content will be made available at some stage, other games do it as well