PDA

View Full Version : The loading screen

LogiK_462
05-26-2012, 12:29 AM
I've always wondered why you can't kill someone or climb something in the loading screen... It feels kind of empty just running around.
Like in Fifa, where you can shoot at a goal while the game is loading, it whould be a nice touch for Assassin's Creed :)

smengler
05-26-2012, 01:14 AM
I believe in AC3 you will be able to run on a dynamic ground this time. They didn't really explain, other than that the ground will not be flat.

dxsxhxcx
05-26-2012, 01:28 AM
nah... IMO it would be a waste of resources/time in something trivial, they don't even last much anyway (at least not on my PC) so run around a little is more than enough for me... I wouldn't even mind if instead of that "dynamic" loading screen they decided to add just some images in the background while we wait, but I believe they do it that way to make us feel like the animus is taking its time to create the place where we'll play..

AdmiralLink
05-27-2012, 10:46 AM
I think less loading screen would be great. The acceptable loading screen would be after you finish each memory sequence or replaying memories.

SixKeys
05-27-2012, 11:47 AM
Are people seriously so impatient they can't stand to sit still for 10-15 seconds during a loading screen?

Assassin_M
05-27-2012, 11:59 AM
Are people seriously so impatient they can't stand to sit still for 10-15 seconds during a loading screen?
This^

kudos17
05-27-2012, 03:08 PM

Yes.

Really, I just rotated the camera around Altair/Ezio trying to find the coolest angle all those loads. Surely you could entertain yourself just as easily? :p

But I wouldn't mind the loading screen showing some random images/outlines of buildings popping in here and there. Would give it the feel that the Animus is truly building these scenarios, rather than building them in the background and throwing us into a "waiting room" until we get synced in to the memory.

POP1Fan
05-27-2012, 05:19 PM
If anything I would like the Animus to build the environment around, but it would be just a useless gimmick...they should spend time doing usefull thing.

Nader-Abudiix
05-27-2012, 06:10 PM
Yes.

Really, I just rotated the camera around Altair/Ezio trying to find the coolest angle all those loads. Surely you could entertain yourself just as easily? :p

But I wouldn't mind the loading screen showing some random images/outlines of buildings popping in here and there. Would give it the feel that the Animus is truly building these scenarios, rather than building them in the background and throwing us into a "waiting room" until we get synced in to the memory.
haha yeah i do the same thing by rotating around them and sometimes pressing square so i can see how bad *** the hidden blade looks when it comes out xD(dont mind me its something i have been doing since AC1)

OriginalMiles
05-27-2012, 07:21 PM
I like the loading screen to run around, I play the game to climb and MURDER!!!