PDA

View Full Version : cheaters already???? Really???

Sphynx69
05-25-2012, 07:21 PM
please please im begging you UBISOFT please dont neglect ghost recon future soldier like other companies do with their games "call of dookie" fix the glitches cheaters are using already. FIX and then bann those cheaters. Im really enjoying GRFS and i would like to be playing this for some time to come BUT i hate cheaters and when cheating happens im out. i love third person witch not many game made. :

PINKFLOYD2011
05-25-2012, 07:39 PM
please please im begging you UBISOFT please dont neglect ghost recon future soldier like other companies do with their games "call of dookie" fix the glitches cheaters are using already. FIX and then bann those cheaters. Im really enjoying GRFS and i would like to be playing this for some time to come BUT i hate cheaters and when cheating happens im out. i love third person witch not many game made. :

Dude they have made it so easy for people who have rapid fire controllers to use them, with gun smith you can pretty much make any weapon single shot!!! And if you have a programable controller like sells, then we are pretty much screwed!!! Here's the link

SSHSpartan
05-25-2012, 07:39 PM
It might be easier if you describe what happened in the game so they know what to look for.

Mr_Shade
05-25-2012, 07:47 PM
Dude they have made it so easy for people who have rapid fire controllers to use them, with gun smith you can pretty much make any weapon single shot!!! And if you have a programable controller like sells, then we are pretty much screwed!!! Here's the link
I have removed the link from your post - since it only helps people who may want to cheat find a way to do so... and may temp people to try them...

For everyones info:

Using modded controllers is against the terms of usage on Xbox - so please report players who you suspect of cheating using the console reporting tool.

The Xbox Live enforcement team will then investigate.

Same applies to PS3 - fill a report on the console and allow their own teams to investigate.

Please do not post names on the forum, since they will be removed.

SonnyDeez9715
05-25-2012, 07:53 PM
THe best way for this to ever happen is for the community to act together and not rely on the devs...Get proof of them cheating and post their names here and report via xbl or psn...

NOTE you should make sure to have concrete evidence before accusing someone

Mr_Shade
05-25-2012, 08:07 PM
THe best way for this to ever happen is for the community to act together and not rely on the devs...Get proof of them cheating and post their names here and report via xbl or psn...

NOTE you should make sure to have concrete evidence before accusing someone
These forums are not for naming and shaming.

Players need to report via the console - that allows the networks enforcement team to trace players - they can make sure that the reporter has played with the person [for example] - it also allows them to join games undetected and monitor them.

Posting names on the forums, will only result in the posts being deleted or the threads locked.

Arctyc_Fox
05-25-2012, 08:18 PM

Players need to report via the console - that allows the networks enforcement team to trace players - they can make sure that the reporter has played with the person [for example] - it also allows them to join games undetected and monitor them.

Posting names on the forums, will only result in the posts being deleted or the threads locked.

This is assuming PSN gives a ****...

SonnyDeez9715
05-25-2012, 08:21 PM
So we cant come to a community forum and warn others of cheaters??? how does that make any sense?? Hence why i put to have concrete evidence!!! One person reporting them to xbl or psn isnt going to do anything..

The whole point of the forums is for the commiunity to share the good and BAD about the game, so why cant we call out cheaters???

Sphynx69
05-25-2012, 08:21 PM
just check out ign they are showing someone cheating. this is not call of dookie lets not let these people ruin another game i enjoy.... PLEASE

Mr_Shade
05-25-2012, 08:24 PM
So we cant come to a community forum and warn others of cheaters??? how does that make any sense?? Hence why i put to have concrete evidence!!! One person reporting them to xbl or psn isnt going to do anything..

The whole point of the forums is for the commiunity to share the good and BAD about the game, so why cant we call out cheaters???
The forums have strict rules on naming and shaming - this is for a reason.

In the past we have had some users attacking legitimate players - and providing fake evidence - so we have a blanket ban, since it comes down to one persons word against another.

Use the console reporting tool - and allow the consoles enforcement teams to take action.

The devs can fix some exploits and issues, such as under the map glitches etc - so please highlight those glitches but they do not need to know the players names on the forums.

Sphynx69
05-25-2012, 08:28 PM
I have to agree with both Dexikiix and sonnyDeez. Who is to say psn will care they dont on other games thats why i dont play them. why cant we call them out we are looking out for the game and our communtiy of friends????????????

miwhite79
05-25-2012, 08:46 PM
Im not surprised by anyone cheating glitching ,etc anymore. Kind of hard for devs to keep eyes on every player in every room psn dont care even when summit video the player might get banned but his ip address doesnt. Sony owns socom confratation and look at that game. People do cheat out of habit just to tick us legit players off. So i hope we can find away to keepthem out of rooms. Ie vote system or what ever

Bassie52
05-25-2012, 08:46 PM
wow
http://lh5.ggpht.com/a.divine.sticky.personage/SPax6UCddAI/AAAAAAAAAlU/hlCNnR39axg/Lloyd Christmas.jpg

Sphynx69
05-25-2012, 09:00 PM
no hes liar liar not cheater cheater.

asgardianmead
05-25-2012, 10:11 PM
What the heck is going on? Why not let us post cheaters names? To me, this says your going to allow it no matter what we say. I am taking video of the things I have been seeing and if you wont allow it here then i'll take it where it will be seen. You think you gonna let it go but I'm exposing it and you. Remove this, then go to Facebook and remove it, then Twitter.

mob-themonster
05-25-2012, 10:13 PM
they dont care

MikeyLp302
06-01-2012, 08:26 AM
I have been killed a number times by cheaters that somehow get under the maps, and I don't know if this is a glitch from the game or what but there have been times I'll put 50 bullets into players and they somehow don't die,forgot to . I won't name name's because you say not to do that but here is a youtube of a cheater and his friends... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Nqj46N9oo0 Takke a close look at the 103 mark

RedPhoenix2009
06-01-2012, 08:46 AM

Perhaps a name and shame policy should be in place on the forums (given sufficient proof ofc). Where is the logic in protecting cheaters by silencing the legitimate players? Sounds more like the rules are created to allow for a cheating community to exist. Utterly shameful practice. Everybody knows that reporting cheaters does little to curb the practice and the majority reported never get banned - look at the leaderboards in most of the popular games for proof of that.

Zambeezi
06-01-2012, 08:52 AM
Looking at that video they can glitch all they want since they are'nt getting any kills...

meta7155
06-01-2012, 09:31 AM
Players need to report via the console - that allows the networks enforcement team to trace players - they can make sure that the reporter has played with the person [for example] - it also allows them to join games undetected and monitor them..

*lol* you need 150-200 complaints about cheating. So actually NOTHING will happen, the still will be using the programmable controllers. Strangly there are games out there were the programmers can supress these controllers.

xFistsClenchedx
06-01-2012, 10:48 AM
I have been on the receiving end of under the map glitches on Cargo and Mill. I reported them, but suspect nothing will come of it.

Mr_Shade
06-01-2012, 11:53 AM
By all means continue to report glitches such as under the map exploits and abuse of rapid fire pads..

Im just asking that people are not named - the Devs do not need to know the name of a cheater, if it's a glitch or exploit - they can simply fix the game to counteract it.

Post that feedback in the pinned threads.

Naberios
06-03-2012, 07:45 AM
I have removed the link from your post - since it only helps people who may want to cheat find a way to do so... and may temp people to try them...

For everyones info:

Using modded controllers is against the terms of usage on Xbox - so please report players who you suspect of cheating using the console reporting tool.

Same applies to PS3 - fill a report on the console and allow their own teams to investigate.

The only thing Microsoft ever follows up on is if a player has enough complaints about having an offensive gamertag. And if Ubisoft's sole means of identifying and eliminating cheaters and players who take advantage of glitches or modded hardware is by use of the Xbox Live reporting system then that is truly pathetic. The only way that will ever have an effect is if a single player is reported thousands of times (if not more), and that will never happen for a couple of reasons. Most players simply back out of a lobby where the b.s. is happening and never actually report anyone. Either because they don't know how or because it's a sluggish, pain-in-the-*** reporting system. Not too mention it never, ever seems to make a difference.

Don't you think all those cheaters in the CoD games got reported this way? Did it make any difference on the number of cheaters or modded lobbies? No, with a giant capital "N". Nothing changed until Activision and DICE took matters into their own hands to try and help the community. Activision with a more convenient in-game reporting system and DICE by actually monitoring their own game and stats. It hasn't eliminated the issue, but at least it seems to be an attempt to help.

Future Soldier's MP layout is a pain in the *** when trying to identify and report someone. Which again leads to players getting frustrated and simply trying to change lobbies or just giving up on MP completely (all without using the crappy MS interface to try and report someone). I was surprised that I actually like the GR MP, and I'd like it to keep going and get better. But that's not going to happen unless Ubisoft takes an active role in maintaining balanced and fair gameplay instead of passing that responsibility on to Microsoft, who could care less.

And one last point. There are literally THOUSANDS of games on the 360, while Ubisoft has what, around 60 "modern" titles. Maybe only a couple dozen they actually still support. How is it exactly that Ubisoft expects Microsoft to be able to keep up with that? Don't you think it simply makes more functional and social (showing that you actually care about your community) sense? I think most of your customer base does.

Naberios
06-10-2012, 08:57 PM
http://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20120113.419/images/UbiTheme/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Mr_Shade http://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20120113.419/images/UbiTheme/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php?p=8332659#post8332659)

For everyones info:

The only thing Microsoft ever follows up on is if a player has enough complaints about having an offensive gamertag. And if Ubisoft's sole means of identifying and eliminating cheaters and players who take advantage of glitches or modded hardware is by use of the Xbox Live reporting system then that is truly pathetic. The only way that will ever have an effect is if a single player is reported thousands of times (if not more), and that will never happen for a couple of reasons. Most players simply back out of a lobby where the b.s. is happening and never actually report anyone. Either because they don't know how or because it's a sluggish, pain-in-the-*** reporting system. Not too mention it never, ever seems to make a difference.

Don't you think all those cheaters in the CoD games got reported this way? Did it make any difference on the number of cheaters or modded lobbies? No, with a giant capital "N". Nothing changed until Activision and DICE took matters into their own hands to try and help the community. Activision with a more convenient in-game reporting system and DICE by actually monitoring their own game and stats. It hasn't eliminated the issue, but at least it seems to be an attempt to help.

Future Soldier's MP layout is a pain in the *** when trying to identify and report someone. Which again leads to players getting frustrated and simply trying to change lobbies or just giving up on MP completely (all without using the crappy MS interface to try and report someone). I was surprised that I actually like the GR MP, and I'd like it to keep going and get better. But that's not going to happen unless Ubisoft takes an active role in maintaining balanced and fair gameplay instead of passing that responsibility on to Microsoft, who could care less.

And one last point. There are literally THOUSANDS of games on the 360, while Ubisoft has what, around 60 "modern" titles. Maybe only a couple dozen they actually still support. How is it exactly that Ubisoft expects Microsoft to be able to keep up with that? Don't you think it simply makes more functional and social (showing that you actually care about your community) sense? I think most of your customer base does.

Seriously? No response to this what so ever? Please stop being pathetic and don't go the way of EA. Where community support is thrown out the window in favor of some profit matrix.

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
06-10-2012, 09:00 PM
Hi, please be aware we are reporting glitches to the developers and they are investigating them.

xSmackYoMonkeyx
06-10-2012, 09:18 PM
im new to posting in threads becuz i cant really spell the well but i been saying this to my friends for years now y cant they just make deadcated servers like in battle field and like in rainbow six vegas where we have the controll to ban for kick cheaters from are sever ppl to relize this could help the communti alot srry for the bad spelling i just want to say that if u have a hard time reading im srry but i wish i could spell better if u understand me thanks for reading or trying to atlest but yes we need deadcated server problum solved look at Counter strike source or Counter strike 1.6 with deadcated server hackers and cheaters bet ban all the time if we have controll there wont ever be a problums

DIAMOND X25A
06-10-2012, 09:24 PM

For everyones info:

Please dont take this the wrong way but the live team dont do s**t about reports. I am aware its an instant ban if many people report you though (people used to send messages to every one in a game to report their gamer tag so they would get banned and have to change it saving them 800ms points). I recently had all my stuff on my forza store front some how modded/hacked by some guy who decieded to rub it in my face by sending me messages and gifting my own vinyals to me. I had recordings and pictures as proof, I emailed them, posted on their forums and they did NOTHING. Its stupid. The only thing you can acctualy ge baned for is excesive achivement modding. Other than that you can pritty much get away with it.

Oinky12
06-10-2012, 09:25 PM
I tend to get sick of people claiming others are using Mods when they're evidently not. Back in the days of CoD 4 I constantly got accused of having a Modded controller because I could fire semi autos rapidly.

DIAMOND X25A
06-11-2012, 12:11 PM
I tend to get sick of people claiming others are using Mods when they're evidently not. Back in the days of CoD 4 I constantly got accused of having a Modded controller because I could fire semi autos rapidly.

Yep. Had that to. On Mod war 2. The trick to spotting controler modders isnt just how fast they fire but also how rythmic the fireing is. If the gun sounds stuttery and like it doesnt have a very consistant fire rate then its probs not a mod. If however it sounds exactly like a full auto gun every time then it might be.

sluggshot
06-11-2012, 03:14 PM

For everyones info:

Stating that about modded controllers is all well and good, but its been made clear that legally manufactured third party controllers with rapid fire purposelly built in wont result in any negative action by Microsoft. So why should people bother to report anything? Same issue as boosting, its been swept under the carpet. What this game needs is the origninal GRAW multiplayer lobby instead of the current lobby. at least that way hosts could kick players using modded kit from the game and keep things fair.

DIAMOND X25A
06-11-2012, 04:17 PM
Stating that about modded controllers is all well and good, but its been made clear that legally manufactured third party controllers with rapid fire purposelly built in wont result in any negative action by Microsoft. So why should people bother to report anything? Same issue as boosting, its been swept under the carpet. What this game needs is the origninal GRAW multiplayer lobby instead of the current lobby. at least that way hosts could kick players using modded kit from the game and keep things fair.

How ever they could also kick players that were simply anoying them (maybe by beating them/killing them or w.e.) and that would cause the player to lose all their xp.

DatedMoney
06-18-2012, 08:30 PM
What I have experienced people hacking into the game. Im shooting the **** out of them and there not dying. Then whats not really cheating but annoying as hell spawn entry camping. Why cause you spawn on someone theres chance of dying. Then if you spawn at the location you die before you get to the objective. Then players trying use lag switches and just glitching the game make it very unplayable. I got pissed and quit cause of that problem. I just hate how people **** up great games by cheating. If you got cheat you a little spoiled *** ***** and not be playing video games in the first place.

lethalpen
01-18-2013, 09:22 PM
What I have experienced people hacking into the game. Im shooting the **** out of them and there not dying. Then whats not really cheating but annoying as hell spawn entry camping. Why cause you spawn on someone theres chance of dying. Then if you spawn at the location you die before you get to the objective. Then players trying use lag switches and just glitching the game make it very unplayable. I got pissed and quit cause of that problem. I just hate how people **** up great games by cheating. If you got cheat you a little spoiled *** ***** and not be playing video games in the first place.

yeah same here I got really pissed when I was sniped head shot hiding behind a freaking wall

Wantmeaninja
01-19-2013, 11:37 AM
yeah same here I got really pissed when I was sniped head shot hiding behind a freaking wallHonestly, sounds like lag or Exacto ammo to me. The more time you invest in the game the more these things will become apparent. Make sure your ports are open. There's pages and pages of info here on the forum about connection issues. Unfortunately some players just can't seem to rid themselves of rage inducing problems. For me... certain days of the week seem better than others. Not sure why or if it's just my imagination. Monday- Wednesday are great then it's all downhill after that. Best of luck to you.Strange to see these old threads getting reawakened...

PublicVermin
01-20-2013, 02:51 AM
Honestly, sounds like lag or Exacto ammo to me. The more time you invest in the game the more these things will become apparent. Make sure your ports are open. There's pages and pages of info here on the forum about connection issues. Unfortunately some players just can't seem to rid themselves of rage inducing problems. For me... certain days of the week seem better than others. Not sure why or if it's just my imagination. Monday- Wednesday are great then it's all downhill after that. Best of luck to you.Strange to see these old threads getting reawakened...

I honestly don't think newer/part time players realize it's P2P hosting. They think it's dedicated servers, or the player count is higher than it is. There will ALWAYS be lag in our matches, just how much is something you get the feel of.

reaper1032
01-21-2013, 07:30 PM
I remember once when I almost took the disc out of its tray and broke it in half....joined a match in progress on Conflict, Overpass, Ghost team. was nice to see my team's kd was just awful when I joined which can only mean one thing... The score was 600 - 0 and we were getting spawn trapped sooooooo hard.... So hard that they were litterily running intoj our boundaries shooting a couple of people then ditching.. This isn't even the worst part... After being shot 3 times from the same guy from NO WHERE I finally looked at the killcam... And I'm shocked to see he and 2other engineers are glitching under the map... Scoping in and shooting us... IN OUR SPAWN LITERILY THE SECOND WE SPAWN WE GET KILLED BY THESE GLITCHERS!

SolidSage
01-21-2013, 10:56 PM
Cheaters are out there for sure, and they do suck but it's important that we temper our frustrations a little bit in these instances. I can't tell you how many times I have been clipped when I think there was "no way", to later learn things about maps and equipment and guns that clarify it as a legitimate kill.
Levelling up with unlocks in these kind of games is a big area of conflict. Armor Piercing ammo for example WILL kill you through a variety of barriers. The UCAV will hit you with grenades seemingly out of thin air (literally actually ;)) and so on. I mean, the amount of times I was dusted by a Sentry before I could locate it is ridiculous.
Like every MP, map knowledge, game intricacies, and a 'feel' for your connection are what should be considered first. There are matches when I 'know' I have a ping advantage, I feel it, that's when I take full advantage of run'n'gun and spray'n'pray. Other times, when my connection is a disadvantage, I take more methodical action.

The under the map glitch has happened to me at least four times since release. It was never intentional and frankly, it sucks. Early on you could kill from down there. The most recent occassion I could neither kill, kill myself, or maintain aim at the enemy.
Players doing it on purpose suck, but leaving lobbies is easy. Playing with a friend or two makes a huge difference.

I have played in two or three matches where I was sure some hacking was going on. But the game did not play anything close to normal at all. Easy quit out.
Bad lag has shown up as bodies jittering or shaking while shooting them but not 'dying' until a few seconds after emptying clips into them. Again, easy quit out.

You can always identify suspected 'cheater/hackers' to your friends via PM and block or avoid them. It will probably give you more direct benefit than trying to have them chased down and banned. I don't like them either but I won't have their presence dictate my fun or lack thereof, I'll just block them and move on. And hopefully, slowly establish a network of decent Players to hop into matches with.
I haven't seen enough of this activity to think that it seriously damages the MP component overall. Maybe 5% of my matches, tops, are botched by lag switchers and hackers. Other than that, most of the time it's just a Coordinated Party kicking me in the azz or legit host migrations because someone left to do something else.

Spawn Locks do suck but it's part of the challenge. There are good options to escape with the alternate spawn and team mate spawn. I've locked some but when we push a team that far back, I either get a couple of kills to keep them honest then back off so they don't quit out, or I go to pistol/stun gun to give them a firepower advantage and give them the satisfaction of being able to fight their way out of it.
When I come across Spawn Lockers who just want to spend the entire match getting cheap K/D boosts, I make it my mission to give them Karma :)

Good gaming is about encouraging your opponent to want to keep playing with you. Not bleeding all of the fun out of their experience.
Total oppressive domination surely only appeals to those who aren't convinced of their own true skill.

lll zeke lll
01-21-2013, 11:01 PM
I honestly don't think newer/part time players realize it's P2P hosting.

Or sometimes they think that just because they are behind cover that they are completely obscured from enemy view. I've been accused in lobbies of shooting through walls, usually when I've been sniping. I honestly don't know what they saw in their killcam but If I'm in an elevated position and they were crouched behind low cover or they were corner camping and I had a good angle and I saw even the tiniest amount of body in the cross hairs of my 8x or 12x scope - then I'm taking a shot. I'm not gonna waste a round with my bolt action rifle by shooting a wall and foolishly giving away my position. Other times they might not have watched the kill cam when they were a victim of a well executed suppress & flank. All they saw was the guy shooting across from him but never saw they guy flanking & killing from behind.

I'm not denying that there are WTF moments due to glitches, lag or even cheating in this game. I've had my fair share of those, (most recently, opposing players running on top of the tents in Sandstorm and shooting down on us). But there are quite a bit of whiny players too (some of you may have one or two currently in your friends list... some of them may even be you!) that do nothing but blame everyone else for their deaths. I'm more annoyed by them than the glitches simply because I encounter those players more often.

njomach3
01-22-2013, 05:27 PM
%95 of the players I end up playin with are clueless. It's like someone left there xbox running and an infant got ahold of the controller. I get accused of having aimbots and lag switching often. People don't know that live autodetects lagswitching and auto bans them.
And turbo controllers? That's nothing new. Get over it it's hardly an advantage. 99.9% of the time it's just lag.
If we would have gotten a server browser and actual server controls, this game would be more enjoyable for everyone.
But the devs get their feelings hurt when we don't play the game the way they think we should play it.
Look at graw.... Everyone and their mom turned the uav and dumb equipment off. So on this game they force us to use stuff we don't want. To play the game the way they want us to play it. All of the hardcore recon fans playing the game their way (for the past 13 years) was too much for them to take. So they reinvented the series and forced it onto us.

Ok I think I'm off topic and ranting now. Goodbye