PDA

View Full Version : 2 Questions Regarding Game Saves / Online Save content

Dead-Sync
05-25-2012, 07:02 AM
Hi all,

Have been really enjoying GRFS so far (minus the extreme difficulty to get a party of 6 into a game without "Connection Lost), but aside from that, my question is around the Campaign.

I noticed that when you pick campaign from the menu, you pick a save device (Im on Xbox 360) and then can pick a campaign save, or create a new one. My first question is:

1.) Do CAMPAIGN SAVE GAMES contain data for MISSION PROGRESS only (ie. how many levels you've done) or does it contain data for MISSION PROGRESS, UNLOCKS, and CHALLENGES?

The reason I ask is, if I wanted to make a new save...obviously I would start from the intro level again, but would I also need to re-play and re-earn all of my challenges and SP unlocks? For now I've been simply loading my single save, and doing "replay mission" for now cause that seems to keep all of your unlocks. I'm just curious in case I do want to make a new save file. I hope this makes sense.

Question number 2 is around XBOX LIVE Campaign. I read somewhere that progress only saves for the HOST PLAYER. So, along the same lines:

2.) Do the GUEST PLAYERS (aka. everybody but the host) actually get NOTHING saved to their account? Meaning, if they do a challenge, is that saved for them? How about unlocks? I suppose its ok if it doesn't save checkpoint data (and that makes sense) but it would really suck if I was a guest player, got a tough challenge, and went back to my save and it was incomplete still.

I know my questions are kind of confusing, but I hope someone can answer them! Thanks!

NinjaOnFire
05-25-2012, 07:16 AM
Yes, good questions. will keep this thread bumped as sneaky a way as possible.

Dead-Sync
05-25-2012, 07:57 AM
Yes, good questions. will keep this thread bumped as sneaky a way as possible.

haha thanks

NinjaOnFire
05-25-2012, 10:33 AM
SP is awesome, but I don't want to lose progress, hopefully get answer soon.

Dez1990
05-25-2012, 10:55 AM
I know me and my friend notice that, It seems only host gets the saves for coop not the guest. Reason why I say that is me and him were playing coop he was host, we got to about the 4th mission and he had to get off, so I wanted to start from where we finised and the save wasnt there. I hope they add a patch so it saves to both players.

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
05-25-2012, 12:54 PM
Hi, thank you for your questions I will endevour to get some answers for you.

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
05-25-2012, 04:41 PM
1.) Do CAMPAIGN SAVE GAMES contain data for MISSION PROGRESS only (ie. how many levels you've done) or does it contain data for MISSION PROGRESS, UNLOCKS, and CHALLENGES?

The reason I ask is, if I wanted to make a new save...obviously I would start from the intro level again, but would I also need to re-play and re-earn all of my challenges and SP unlocks? For now I've been simply loading my single save, and doing "replay mission" for now cause that seems to keep all of your unlocks. I'm just curious in case I do want to make a new save file. I hope this makes sense.

Data for Unlocks, challenges, and mission progress are stored in the Xbox Profile.
So if you create another campaign ( whatever the device ), you will still have your unlocks!

Question number 2 is around XBOX LIVE Campaign. I read somewhere that progress only saves for the HOST PLAYER. So, along the same lines:

2.) Do the GUEST PLAYERS (aka. everybody but the host) actually get NOTHING saved to their account? Meaning, if they do a challenge, is that saved for them? How about unlocks? I suppose its ok if it doesn't save checkpoint data (and that makes sense) but it would really suck if I was a guest player, got a tough challenge, and went back to my save and it was incomplete still.

The Challenges will be unlocked even if you are only playing as a client.
So if, for instance, you have finished a map while playing coop, you will get the achievement for this.

MechCobra88
05-25-2012, 05:15 PM

Data for Unlocks, challenges, and mission progress are stored in the Xbox Profile.
So if you create another campaign ( whatever the device ), you will still have your unlocks!

So if, for instance, you have finished a map while playing coop, you will get the achievement for this.

This doesn't seem correct. I played all the way to Mission 07 with an MK14 and then took my Xbox over to a friends house to do a LAN Party. When we setup a Co-op mission through system link (and not connected to the internet) I did not have any of my downloaded weapons (ie MK14) or camo. Maybe your saying all of your data but your Weapons and Camo that you unlock through downloads are still available. Not sure.

Dead-Sync
05-26-2012, 03:36 PM

@Ubi-Mush: Thank you very much! This was super helpful. I haven't confirmed this myself, but what your answer was what I was hoping it would be like. So, good to know, that mean "campaign save slots" are simply new slots for different checkpoints, and that the Unlocks, Challenges, and Mission Progress are on the Xbox Live Profile. Awesome!

Glad to hear that challenges will also properly unlock and save (to your profile) when playing as client. So that means, the only thing that isn't saved is the checkpoint data (as that is saved on the host's campaign slot). Great to know!!! Thanks!

@ Srloin: This may be just a guess, but I'm wondering if it is possible that indeed, downloadable content is saved elsewhere, or, its possible downloadable unlocks may not be playable over LAN. It seems like a similar situation, but a little bit different than the original concern of saving unlocks and progress. However, my guess is that LAN works a bit different when it comes to downloadable weapons.

IgnatiousWang
05-27-2012, 06:29 AM
I went back to another mission for a challenge and now my current mission is gone and if I do the previous mission to the current mission it sends me back to the mission select screen.

Please let me know if you know how to fix. I have the unlock for beating the most current mission but I cannot choose the next mission to progress the storyline anywhere.

TOTALLY FRUSTRATING!

IgnatiousWang
05-27-2012, 06:32 AM
The only thing I can do is start the game completely over. ******ed. Thanks for the excellent programming.

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
05-27-2012, 07:09 PM
I went back to another mission for a challenge and now my current mission is gone and if I do the previous mission to the current mission it sends me back to the mission select screen.

Please let me know if you know how to fix. I have the unlock for beating the most current mission but I cannot choose the next mission to progress the storyline anywhere.

TOTALLY FRUSTRATING!

Hi, which mission are you having issues with? If you encounter technical problems please contact technical support, the link is in my signature.

Dog 0f War
05-27-2012, 09:23 PM
When you restart a new game or file it will not make you do challenges again. You also keep every item unlocked from the campaign missions.
So in other words you can restart and not lose anything. But if you start a new game with the same file you have and have not finished the campaign, it will save over you last file and there for would make you lose where you originally where.
All guns and challenges are saved online, witch means you will always have that, even if you delete your saved file you will still lose nothing except for you saved file of you saved game.

I hope this is the info you are looking for.

One more thing, if you get a challenge you must finish the mission if you want it to stick.

Blasphemous1
06-01-2012, 04:07 PM
This doesn't seem correct. I played all the way to Mission 07 with an MK14 and then took my Xbox over to a friends house to do a LAN Party. When we setup a Co-op mission through system link (and not connected to the internet) I did not have any of my downloaded weapons (ie MK14) or camo. Maybe your saying all of your data but your Weapons and Camo that you unlock through downloads are still available. Not sure.

Because it's not DLC. It's account locked. DRM at it's finest. Without an internet connection and a log-in to the Ubi servers from your account, you DO NOT HAVE the content you purchased.