PDA

View Full Version : Is there any reason to use....

ViperVenomxACR
05-25-2012, 05:12 AM
Any reason at all to use a shotgun???

So far, it seems that whatever team spawns closest to the initial objective, gets that objective, and camps behind barriers the whole rest of the match. In this scenario, there is absolutely no use for a shotgun at all.

So far, it seems the only way to play the game is by using an Assault Rifle. Even when trying to use a Sniper, there are no spots to set up where you can actually see the objective area (I feel that Snipers need to be on high ground and shoot from cover) and there are no Sniper Nest areas I've found yet.

Osk1e Wosk1e
05-25-2012, 05:39 AM
Shotguns are extremely effective!

The Semi-auto shotgun is ABUSIVE! modded correctly..

I realy dont want to recommend this but, If you are playing as Engineer equipped with a shotgun and DRONE.

All you have to do is find out where the Hostiles are, flank, and DESTROY!

The reason why I dont recommend this because most of the time playing this way is a suicide approach that will most likely get you killed.

But, if you know the maps like the back of your hand and you are sneaky your opinions about the shotgun will quickly change

Kamakaze Taco
05-25-2012, 06:52 AM
The first set of shotguns are crap, and the full auto shotguns are crap, but the 2 in the middle are really quite good.

Osk1e Wosk1e
05-25-2012, 07:08 AM
wrong

Nexolate
05-25-2012, 08:00 AM
All of the shotguns in this game have a pretty decent range and damage output.
As for the semis and autos, good God. Unlike normal games that have a RoF limit, these can fire as fast as you can pull the trigger!

So no, shotguns are not useless, even on the most open of maps. You just have to pick your approaches carefully.

Regards,
Nexo

Th3Captin
06-17-2012, 12:55 AM
If you don't know how you feel about shotguns in GRFS, you need to watch this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgW8eXHTenA

ii BradzZ v7
06-17-2012, 12:58 AM
I use the shotgun and i'm amazed at some of the kills i am getting with it. Ridiculous range and power! But guess you can't complain if it's getting me kills :D