PDA

View Full Version : Would you like more elements from the original AC Demo in AC3

Medo3G
05-22-2012, 08:56 PM
What parts of the game would be optimized to fit with the new game
And no I'm don't mean the final game but this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUlSWpjmHf4

Mainly that the game reeeeeeeeeally encouraged stealth ;)

TheHumanTowel
05-22-2012, 08:58 PM
I hope the social stealth becomes a big part of the game again. It was something that got me really excited for AC1 but as the games have gone on they've sort of pushed it aside.

OriginalMiles
05-22-2012, 09:03 PM
No loading between cities
Horses in cities
barricades

Assassin_M
05-22-2012, 09:07 PM
Every AC game encouraged Stealth, apart from a few over the top Memory sequences..
and quite frankly every game in the series had its fair share of over the top sequences..
On a less serious note, the horse looked like he was giving birth while galloping..

ProletariatPleb
05-22-2012, 09:24 PM
I posted this video in some other thread, don't remember which, and what I want is still the same:

Dynamic Objects, like you CREATED that barricade, it's not a scripted event.

Medo3G
05-22-2012, 09:34 PM
Every AC game encouraged Stealth, apart from a few over the top Memory sequences..
and quite frankly every game in the series had its fair share of over the top sequences..
On a less serious note, the horse looked like he was giving birth while galloping..
I meant the fact that "You can't take a 100 blow to the head, you can't even take one" makes the stealth approach more favorable, not that you now can take a million blow and with some medicine you will be full health after getting destroyed by some guards.
In AC1 I recall a lot of deaths however starting from AC2 I NEVER died in combat , all my deaths were jumping foolishly.
So I mean though the combat felt repeatable in AC1 it would have kept you on your toes if you had to be untouchable in combat

Assassin_M
05-22-2012, 09:36 PM
I meant the fact that "You can't take a 100 blow to the head, you can't even take one" makes the stealth approach more favorable, not that you now can take a million blow and with some medicine you will be full health after getting destroyed by some guards.
In AC1 I recall a lot of deaths however starting from AC2 I NEVER died in combat , all my deaths were jumping foolishly.
Rejoice then !! AC III has the same health system of the first AC
There is no Medicine..

EDIT: One more thing I`d like to add, its sort of off-topic, but..
This footage was presumably Pre-alpha, or at least a very early version of the game..
Look at Assassins Creed I now..
This is how AC III will most likely change.. "We want the players to feel like this is AC 3.5" - Alex Hutchinson

blazefp
05-22-2012, 11:16 PM
Rejoice then !! AC III has the same health system of the first AC
There is no Medicine..

EDIT: One more thing I`d like to add, its sort of off-topic, but..
This footage was presumably Pre-alpha, or at least a very early version of the game..
Look at Assassins Creed I now..
This is how AC III will most likely change.. "We want the players to feel like this is AC 3.5" - Alex Hutchinson

Well, you do have a point there when you say ACIII will change from the footage we've already seen but I think (mostly hope) that it won't change much, at least I'm hoping they won't hide all the brand new features we've seen. All the features of this pre-alpha footage of AC1 that we didn't see in the actual game we're regularly added through out the next games. ACIII is already the last game, at least, the last AC for Desmond's storyline (correct me if I'm wrong) so I'm guessing they won't hide anything now.

Plus they could have omitted those features in AC1 cuz they were bugged and they haven't figured out a way of debugging it idk.

Assassin_M
05-22-2012, 11:33 PM
Well, you do have a point there when you say ACIII will change from the footage we've already seen but I think (mostly hope) that it won't change much, at least I'm hoping they won't hide all the brand new features we've seen. All the features of this pre-alpha footage of AC1 that we didn't see in the actual game we're regularly added through out the next games. ACIII is already the last game, at least, the last AC for Desmond's storyline (correct me if I'm wrong) so I'm guessing they won't hide anything now.

Plus they could have omitted those features in AC1 cuz they were bugged and they haven't figured out a way of debugging it idk.
Do not worry, during AC I`s development no one knew squat about its features, Hell the Animus portion was not known until the release. keep in mind that that Footage of AC I was a year and a half before its release, so ALOT can be removed..
Plus they`ve already stated in an article what they decided to remove from AC III, so I guarantee that we are safe;)

SaintPerkele
05-23-2012, 12:09 AM
I posted this video in some other thread, don't remember which, and what I want is still the same:

Dynamic Objects, like you CREATED that barricade, it's not a scripted event.
Well, it was somehow re-introduced in Revelations with the hookblade being able to tear down barricades, but I guess that counts as a scripted event.

Assassin_M
05-23-2012, 12:14 AM
Well, it was somehow re-introduced in Revelations with the hookblade being able to tear down barricades, but I guess that counts as a scripted event.
No it doesnt..
How so ?

Serrachio
05-23-2012, 12:50 AM
No it doesnt..
How so ?

I'd say because of how Ezio has to finish an animation, instead of it being as simple as a sword strike in the demo, and then the barrier falls on its own.

Assassin_M
05-23-2012, 12:51 AM
I'd say because of how Ezio has to finish an animation, instead of it being as simple as a sword strike in the demo, and then the barrier falls on its own.
Ohhhh In that matter, ok then..

yly3
05-23-2012, 02:26 PM
I really hope AC3 is FINALLY a sequel to AC1. The first game was in a league of its own and while I trully enjoyed AC2, I personally consider the "Ezio trilogy" to be a spinoff of the original concept initiated by the first AC.

I think AC1 was just a too much cultural and immersive experience for video games, something to be in fact seen in movies or theather plays. Every single time I ser the Sibrand or Jubair speeches I get goosebumps. Those cutscenes couldn't be skipped for a reason you know... And someone big at Ubisoft decided by the "mediocre" reviews to make a GTA out of the franchise in order to be more video game friendly.

crash3
05-23-2012, 07:00 PM
I enjoyed the fact that the assassin actually died in the demo showing that he wasnt entirely invincible like all the demos after it seemed to show. Dyin shows that you really need to be stealthy or else you will be overwhelmed and killed, I hated how the Ezio trilogy was so easy that you had to 'option' to either use stealth or charge in guns blazing to achieve your objective

SixKeys
05-23-2012, 07:20 PM
The thing I liked most about the demo is the way the crowd becomes an obstacle after you perform an assassination. It was more present in AC1 but not so much in the sequels, probably since in the sequels most of your (main) assassinations aren't done in public. In AC1 there was really a sense of chaos around you as people started to panic and run around like headless chickens and you had to maneuver your way around them without falling over.

The demo also shows the crowd acting more aggressive towards you when you're climbing buildings. I like that. In the actual games they just stop for a moment, comment, then shrug and move on. In RL people would be more likely to mistake you for a thief or a hooligan, or at the very least tell you to get down before you hurt yourself. I liked that in AC1 not just guards but beggars and civilians would throw rocks at you to stop you from climbing if you angered them.

Dieinthedark
05-24-2012, 03:43 PM
I like the lethality of the combat. One hit with the sword and your dead. I mean its a sword, you should die that quick...

SixKeys
05-24-2012, 05:08 PM
I like the lethality of the combat. One hit with the sword and your dead. I mean its a sword, you should die that quick...

There's a difference between making a game challenging and just plain annoying. Just one hit from a sword doesn't necessarily kill you in RL either, depending on where you're hit. Can you imagine the fight against Robert de Sable and his minions in AC1 if you were only allowed to take one hit?

ajl992008
05-24-2012, 06:18 PM
the part where he vaults over a wall, i want that in the game, i also want the dynamic object to be in the game so making barricades or distractions that would be cool.

Dieinthedark
05-25-2012, 07:08 PM
There's a difference between making a game challenging and just plain annoying. Just one hit from a sword doesn't necessarily kill you in RL either, depending on where you're hit. Can you imagine the fight against Robert de Sable and his minions in AC1 if you were only allowed to take one hit?

Yeah I suppose that would be maybe a bit too hard to enjoy the game. Ideally though the damage should be higher imho

Medo3G
05-27-2012, 03:13 PM
No loading between cities

I recall that they said that there will be loading between cities , but they thought about removing it but they didn't like it :P
Actually IMO I don't mind loading between cities and when entering assassin tombs or Romulus layer or whatever they're gonna call it, however I hate the loading when a cut scene ends or going through a door