PDA

View Full Version : Mouse Lag?

fisherfan2010
05-20-2012, 04:00 PM
I bought Splinter Cell: Conviction on Steam. The game runs pretty well but the biggest issue is the mouse lag. It's hard to aim on to a target which can be very annoying especially during a firefight. Does anyone have any issues on how I can fix it. And if anyone is thinking about suggesting a patch I tried installing Patch 1.02, I downloaded the installer from GamersHell but when I tried installing the patch it told me Splinter Cell: Conviction is not installed. Could this have anything to do with the fact that I bought it on Steam? So does anyone have ANY suggestions on either of these issues? Any feedback will help. Or should I be posting in a diffrent forum topic?

Note: If anyone reads this thread and wants to post a comment, PLEASE do not post a comment unless you have a solution to either of my problems. I have read several forums where many posts are just people saying they have the same issue but giving no solutions. So if you don't have a solution don't post on this thread.

Green.Hornet
05-21-2012, 03:29 PM
Hello fisherfan2010... sorry to here about your issue... I will try to assist. Yes, you are posting in the correct forum and Steam has nothing to do with your particular problem/issue. You mentioned in your post "The game runs pretty well but the biggest issue is the mouse lag"... this would rule-out any relationship to video; I am inclined to think that your problem/issue is software related. Something like a TSR application could be taxing your mouse and/or mouse driver... If you can provide more detailed/adequate information (including any TSR mouse software loading with Windows) for troubleshooting here on this thread (see http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/675997-wont-let-me-launch-SCC?p=8320476#post8320476), I will be glad to assist.

I agree with havecold on one issue: you need to update to 1.04 (latest patch) as this could solve your problem/issue... if you don't update to 1.04, you are not taking advantage of all the software bug-fixes, as-well-as, and most importantly, you will never be able to join/host games with other Splinter Cell Conviction players that do have 1.04... all previous versions to 1.04 are incompatible.

Good luck. :cool:

fisherfan2010
05-22-2012, 06:33 PM
I tried installing patch 1.04 but I encounterd the same problem that I had with 1.02, so right now my computer won't let me intall any patches and I don't know why. As for the Vsync it was already turned off when I started the game. And I don't know what you mean by this fps thing. What is it? How do I check it? and How do I change it if I don't have the right amount.

fisherfan2010
05-22-2012, 06:37 PM
I tried installing patch 1.04 but I encounterd the same problem I had wih 1.02. So right now I can't install any patches and I don't know why. Also I don't know what this TSR thing is you are talking about. How do I check for information on it to give you?