PDA

View Full Version : Ghost Recon: Future Soldier Fanart Contest!

LightRey
05-17-2012, 09:38 PM
http://img546.imageshack.us/img546/2568/grfseventannouncementco.png
Hello Assassins!

As the new Event Manager of the UUSDG, I'm proud to announce:

The Ghost Recon: Future Soldier Fanart Contest!

We had already announced the contest a few days ago on the Ghost Recon: Future Soldier forum, but considering the short time span of the contest we are spreading the news on the most popular forums to make sure all Ubisoft Forum members who are willing and able have a chance to take part.

The idea behind the contest is very simple. All you need to do to take part is submit your most creative piece of fanart. This can be anything from a comic to a desktop background, as long as it's about Ghost Recon: Future Soldier (do note that the fanart will be judged mainly if not solely based on design). You are allowed to submit multiple pieces of art, but you're allowed to pick only one to be your final entry. Once all submissions have been made, D1sturbedme_468,SlimeDynamiteD and Isaac500 will judge to determine the winners of the contest though the exact nature of the judging is still under debate. There will also be a public poll to determine the winners of a side-contest that will be held with the same entries. Details on that will follow soon. The deadline for both has been set to the 20th of May. If too few entries have been made, the deadline could be extended up to the 23rd, but don't push your luck, send it in before the 20th if you can.

To be eligible to compete, you must adhere to the following conditions:

The submitted fanart must be an original piece of work.
You must not be a member or former member of the UUSDG, to avoid any possible bias.
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________

Now for the prizes! The following fabulous prizes were provided by our good friend Mr_Shade.

1st prize:
2 Mad Catz GR:FS Xbox 360 controllers and a Ghost Recon Online T-shirt*

2nd prize:
1 Mad Catz GR:FS Xbox 360 controller and a Ghost Recon Online T-shirt*

3rd prize: 2 Ghost Recon Online T-shirts*(/$10 gift card for console of choice)

*GR:O T-shirts can only be shipped to the UK. Sorry!

That's it everybody. If you have any questions about the details of this contest feel free to ask me. There must be some artistic Ghost Recon fans or just enthusiastic artists hidden among the AC fans, hiding in the darkness...

playassassins1
05-17-2012, 09:44 PM
Cool. Too bad the prizes aren't for me. I can't really do much with XBOX controllers.
If they were PS3 controllers I would sign up for the contest.

LordWolv
05-17-2012, 09:48 PM
You could always sell them on ebay? :p :p

SixKeys
05-17-2012, 10:34 PM
Why is this in the AC forum?

Dieinthedark
05-17-2012, 10:41 PM
I wondered the same thing but I'm not arguing with the 10K+ post count lol :D

LightRey
05-17-2012, 10:44 PM
Why is this in the AC forum?
Specified in the post. It's to attract as many people who'd like to enter as quickly as possible and it just so happens the AC forum is one of the most active ones.

Dieinthedark
05-17-2012, 10:48 PM
Ooops I skimmed right over that... :rolleyes:

SixKeys
05-18-2012, 01:37 AM
Specified in the post. It's to attract as many people who'd like to enter as quickly as possible and it just so happens the AC forum is one of the most active ones.

Sure, I get that it's a quick way to get lots of attention to your contest but then so would be announcing a Halo fan art contest. People come here to discuss AC, not Ghost Recon.

EscoBlades
05-18-2012, 01:48 AM
Sure, I get that it's a quick way to get lots of attention to your contest but then so would be announcing a Halo fan art contest. People come here to discuss AC, not Ghost Recon.

Well he has the blessing of the forum managers, so just let it be.....

Assassin_M
05-18-2012, 01:52 AM
Yeah just take it easy..
and If you don't want it, then don't look at it..

Although I wish this was an AC contest, I like Medieval more than the future :p

SixKeys
05-18-2012, 02:00 AM
It's no biggie, really, I'm just kind of sick of seeing Ghost Recon in all of my feeds, seeing as I don't care for it one bit. I'm just wondering if this means in the future we can expect Raving Rabbids, Rayman or Hitman contests to be plastered on the AC forums. I believe all the games have different sections for a reason.

Assassin_M
05-18-2012, 02:02 AM
It's no biggie, really, I'm just kind of sick of seeing Ghost Recon in all of my feeds, seeing as I don't care for it one bit. I'm just wondering if this means in the future we can expect Raving Rabbids, Rayman or Hitman contests to be plastered on the AC forums. I believe all the games have different sections for a reason.
You`re sick of it, others adore it..
and its called Publicity, My friend..Nothing Big

rileypoole1234
05-18-2012, 02:05 AM
AH HA! Finally I'll be able to show off my drawing skills! Hopefully they're not good only to me.

BK-110
05-18-2012, 03:04 AM
I'm not a Ghost Recon fan, nor do I own a 360. I'd be more interested if it were an AC contest...

LordWolv
05-18-2012, 06:57 AM
Don't worry, theoretically there will be an AC contest in October, as there was last year. This one is because GR:FS is being released on the 25th.

We haven't come here to 'invade', or 'clog' your news feeds, we're literally giving you the option to enter. If we hadn't have done this people who want to enter wouldn't have known the competition existed. So that's all we're doing, opening it to the wider audience. Indeed, the UUSDG and LightRey have done this in full permissions of the forum managers.

I knew when we were trying to be nice by opening this competition up there'd be some people who seem to have a personal problem with it...

Anyway, Rileypoole and anyone else, once you've done your piece of work you should post it in the main competition thread over in the Ghost Recon forums. But it will also be seen here.

SlimeDynamiteD
05-18-2012, 12:46 PM
For contestants, here's a link to the original Contest Thread in the Ghost Recon: Future Soldier section of the Forums
We'd like you to post your artwork on here:

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/674607-Ghost-Recon-Future-Soldier-Fanart-Contest (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/674607-Ghost-Recon-Future-Soldier-Fanart-Contest)

I wish everyone the best of luck! :)

eagleforlife1
05-18-2012, 01:04 PM

Agree with this. He's the first person to police anybody else for spamming, trolling, misspellings, lack of grammar, etc.. It's like it is one rule for him and another for everybody else.

SlimeDynamiteD
05-18-2012, 01:17 PM
I understand you think we're advertising for something unrelated.

Though, the Contest is Ubisoft Forum-wide, it's a Contest for a Game by Ubisoft therefore we're not advertising for other games or forums.
Since the Contest is Forum-wide within the Ubisoft Forums, this a community event is and we have the support of Ubisoft Forum Moderators and Managers there's no real need to have a discussion about this.
It's not like we're advertising for products other than Ubisoft's.

We're doing this for the Community and if you choose not to join, that's your decision.
We are not forcing you to do anything. ;)

LightRey
05-18-2012, 02:05 PM
Don't get me wrong. I didn't want to resort to this, but there was very little time for the contest and it would be very disappointing if only a few people took part. Had we launched the contest at an earlier time we would not have resorted to this.

@eagleforlife1: I'm going to ironically point out to you that both going off-topic and targeting other members is against the rules. Additionally, I am here representing the entire UUSDG, not just myself and it was our joint decision to spread the news to other forums, not just my own. This post cannot be compared to my regular ones, both in motivation and in content.

eagleforlife1
05-18-2012, 03:01 PM
@eagleforlife1: I'm going to ironically point out to you that both going off-topic and targeting other members is against the rules. Additionally, I am here representing the entire UUSDG, not just myself and it was our joint decision to spread the news to other forums, not just my own. This post cannot be compared to my regular ones, both in motivation and in content.

Isn't irony the most ironic form of irony.

eagleforlife1
05-18-2012, 03:04 PM
I understand you think we're advertising for something unrelated.

Though, the Contest is Ubisoft Forum-wide, it's a Contest for a Game by Ubisoft therefore we're not advertising for other games or forums.
Since the Contest is Forum-wide within the Ubisoft Forums, this a community event is and we have the support of Ubisoft Forum Moderators and Managers there's no real need to have a discussion about this.
It's not like we're advertising for products other than Ubisoft's.

We're doing this for the Community and if you choose not to join, that's your decision.
We are not forcing you to do anything. ;)

Okay, but seeing as this is an AC forum why not keep Ghost Recon advertising to the Ghost Recon forum? People who are interested in Ghost Recon will visit that forum anyway.

Mr_Shade
05-18-2012, 04:01 PM
Appears no one is interested in winning prizes.. The pad is usable on all games, not just GRFS, so I'll remember that for future competitions.

This was an invitation to the wider community, one who we know have great artistic skills, hence why it's in here, however I can see that I misjudged the community artists spirit.

I will however lock the thread, due to it turning into a personal attack and since it appears no one is interested.

I will remember that in future, to only target certain communities.