PDA

View Full Version : AC III glyph theory.

De Filosoof
05-16-2012, 12:50 PM
The Assassin's wikia states that the glyph puzzles will return for AC III

"There will be puzzles similar to the glyphs, but they will not be given by subject 16"

This made me think...
Who else could place glyph like puzzles in the animus?
I think it would be cool if TWCB placed glyph like puzzles in the animus to let Desmond unravel the whole truth.
It would make perfectly sense without making it feel forced and out of place.
Thoughts?

dxsxhxcx
05-16-2012, 01:20 PM
it would be cool, since they can provide infinite knowledge about the AC universe, we could have a lot of questions answered through it...

maybe they were "uploaded" into Desmond by Jupiter at the end of ACR, what I'm wondering is how they'll look because if we search for them with Desmond as Connor, I don't see a reason to protect them like S16 did (assuming TWCB will be the ones giving us the puzzles inside the animus)...

[SPOILERS - ACR/TLA]
thinking about it now, I hope these "glyphs" weren't made by Lucy, last thing I need is her saying how she regret being a traitor...

eagleforlife1
05-16-2012, 05:33 PM
I'd imagine that Connor leaves them behind for Desmond to pass through the Grand Temple.

ANewOutlet
05-17-2012, 03:16 AM
it would be cool, since they can provide infinite knowledge about the AC universe, we could have a lot of questions answered through it...

maybe they were "uploaded" into Desmond by Jupiter at the end of ACR, what I'm wondering is how they'll look because if we search for them with Desmond as Connor, I don't see a reason to protect them like S16 did (assuming TWCB will be the ones giving us the puzzles inside the animus)...

[SPOILERS - ACR/TLA]
thinking about it now, I hope these "glyphs" weren't made by Lucy, last thing I need is her saying how she regret being a traitor...
I actually think that would be pretty cool. A lot of people obviously want closure on the whole "Let's kill Lucy" thing, and I don't think that convo at the start of Revelations was adequate.

rileypoole1234
05-17-2012, 04:04 AM
I'd like to have actual puzzles left by people that were there before, possibly even TWCB. I really want to feel like Sherlock Holmes, finding clues, testing all of the options, and finally coming to a conclusion when you hear the *click* and the secret door opens up in the wall. I just really think it would be neat to have it be more of a physical puzzle, instead of inside of the Animus. Maybe there could be ciphers like in National Treasure. That makes me think too, I wonder if we'll hear anything about the 'Templar treasure' in this game, or maybe even fund it.

Moultonborough
05-17-2012, 04:15 AM
I'm gonna go with Connor placing Glyphs or clues on how to get further into the Grand Temple. Don't know if he will find them within or out of the Animus.

twenty_glyphs
05-17-2012, 04:19 AM
I actually thought of the possibility of TWCB leaving glyph puzzles for Desmond to find after the way Revelations ended. It seems like a good direction after Jupiter told Desmond he would have his answers and Revelations ended outside of the Grand Temple. I have a feeling that the Animus 3.0 will be something left behind for Desmond in the Grand Temple, and that TWCB could have programmed answers to these big mysteries into the Animus software as glyph puzzles that Desmond can find. I really hope it works this way, because it would be nice to finally get some answers straight from the horse's mouth, so to speak.

De Filosoof
05-17-2012, 03:06 PM
I actually thought of the possibility of TWCB leaving glyph puzzles for Desmond to find after the way Revelations ended. It seems like a good direction after Jupiter told Desmond he would have his answers and Revelations ended outside of the Grand Temple. I have a feeling that the Animus 3.0 will be something left behind for Desmond in the Grand Temple, and that TWCB could have programmed answers to these big mysteries into the Animus software as glyph puzzles that Desmond can find. I really hope it works this way, because it would be nice to finally get some answers straight from the horse's mouth, so to speak.

Indeed :). That would be nice.

Assassin_M
05-17-2012, 03:09 PM
Am I the only one that thinks that these Glyphs wont be traditional "same as 16`s but not given by 16" ?

Acrimonious_Nin
05-17-2012, 04:46 PM

There is some truth to this is there not? Didn't Warren Vidic say, regarding the animus, "They are gifts.From those who came before." I am pretty sure that I heard somewhere that the animus is on some level a device used by technology by TWCB. I see how they probably do have an animus inside the Grand Temple, which was probably created by TWCB. The Templars do seem to have a habit of ''recreating'' the effects of the first civilization tools, like we see in AC1. The ''real'' animus could be in there. :D