PDA

View Full Version : Just wondering...

Kholran
05-16-2012, 09:28 AM
Will there eventually be different sprites for different breeds? The game is great, but all the breeds look exactly the same. I think it would be even more awesome if the breeds looked a little more like the real life breeds...or at least varied from each other in some way. The many different breed representations is one of my favourite aspects of Horse Saga. A Saddlebred isn't identical to a Quarter Horse, or an Arabian, or a Clydesdale, or a Shetland pony. I'd love to see a more realistic representation of the different breeds here. I guess it's a lot easier to just have to animate one generic-looking horse...but as an avid horse person, I'd like to be able to tell the various breeds apart just by looking. Won't stop me from playing, if it doesn't happen, but I definitely think it would add something for other "horse people" like myself.

Maybe this should have gone in suggestions...but it's really more just me being curious if there are already plans to do it, not so much a legit suggestion that it should happen.

UBI-Cowhand
05-17-2012, 07:57 PM
Will there eventually be different sprites for different breeds? The game is great, but all the breeds look exactly the same. I think it would be even more awesome if the breeds looked a little more like the real life breeds...or at least varied from each other in some way. The many different breed representations is one of my favourite aspects of Horse Saga. A Saddlebred isn't identical to a Quarter Horse, or an Arabian, or a Clydesdale, or a Shetland pony. I'd love to see a more realistic representation of the different breeds here. I guess it's a lot easier to just have to animate one generic-looking horse...but as an avid horse person, I'd like to be able to tell the various breeds apart just by looking. Won't stop me from playing, if it doesn't happen, but I definitely think it would add something for other "horse people" like myself.

Maybe this should have gone in suggestions...but it's really more just me being curious if there are already plans to do it, not so much a legit suggestion that it should happen.

Thanks for this! It will be passed on to the team! :)

Megannator
05-18-2012, 02:56 AM
I was thinking the same...

Perhaps, if the animated sprite is too difficult to alter, the still image of the horse when viewing it's profile could be different to represent the breed?

UBI-Cowhand
05-18-2012, 09:09 PM
I was thinking the same...

Perhaps, if the animated sprite is too difficult to alter, the still image of the horse when viewing it's profile could be different to represent the breed?

Yes, we’ll have new type of horses looking different thant the ones we currently have. It is in the pipe!

Megannator
05-19-2012, 02:02 AM
Yes, we’ll have new type of horses looking different thant the ones we currently have. It is in the pipe!

So excited! When you guys release Arabians... :D

Kholran
05-19-2012, 02:05 AM
That's great! Thanks for the heads up that it's happening. I love my Saddlebreds as much as in real life (grew up riding them), but I'm waiting for Arabs too (since that's what I own).

Megannator
05-19-2012, 04:21 PM
That's great! Thanks for the heads up that it's happening. I love my Saddlebreds as much as in real life (grew up riding them), but I'm waiting for Arabs too (since that's what I own).

Sounds just like me! I learned to ride on saddlebreds, but I own an Arabian... I've always loved Arabians, which used to annoy my saddleseat trainer :)