PDA

View Full Version : Desmond's Missions!

OriginalMiles
05-15-2012, 09:50 PM
Hey guys.
Is anyone else wondering what Desmond is actually going to be doing in the game, I mean, will he be able to go out of the animus and free roam, are his missions going to be linear as always, or more free roam-y as most AC missions are, so I'd like you to post what types of missions you want Desmond to do, and also post what could happen.

Have fun discussing!

CrazySN
05-15-2012, 10:01 PM
I just want to infiltrate the main Templar base and kick some Templar *** with Desmond's newly found skills. I've been expecting to do that with all of the past AC games, only to get severely disappointed. Is that so much to ask? >.<

DoNNiEDaRkO50
05-15-2012, 10:02 PM
I'm really excited for desmond missions ,, I think there will be a lot of missions ,, and in the multiplayer daniel was sent to kill william miles ,, this will be so epic ,, but I don't think there will be free roam though ,, And I hope we can replay desmond missions ,, but I don't think we will :( ,,, And I would like to see desmond in action like the end of assassin's creed 2 ,, and also to kill vidic ! ,,, really AC3 will be the best !

notafanboy
05-15-2012, 10:08 PM
he should chill the #### out in the animus and eat pies while i jump around in the trees with Connor

NinjaSpartanII
05-15-2012, 10:11 PM
I think desmond will journey to america, then after entering an animus 3.0, he will do the memories. Then, in real life, he will go to one of the largest temple sanctuaries and see all the god hologram thingimajigs. He will recieve a full account of the war, and will finally know exactly how to stop the apocolypse with the peices of eden. Then, the ones who came before will be interupted by the girl Juno said Desmond would team up with (why he kiled lucy) in ACB, and they will regroup the assassins of the world to stop the apocalypse. They will then stop it, but abstergo will still exist to leave room for more games.

I know it seems farfetched, but thats what i think. Also, because of this, the desmond missions will be more fun than before.

itsamea-mario
05-15-2012, 10:16 PM
I think desmond will journey to america, then after entering an animus 3.0, he will do the memories. Then, in real life, he will go to one of the largest temple sanctuaries and see all the god hologram thingimajigs. He will recieve a full account of the war, and will finally know exactly how to stop the apocolypse with the peices of eden. Then, the ones who came before will be interupted by the girl Juno said Desmond would team up with (why he kiled lucy) in ACB, and they will regroup the assassins of the world to stop the apocalypse. They will then stop it, but abstergo will still exist to leave room for more games.

I know it seems farfetched, but thats what i think. Also, because of this, the desmond missions will be more fun than before.

Have you played Revelations?

As for what i hope Desmond will do:
Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Eat Pizza Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, ...............

reddragonhrcro
05-15-2012, 10:21 PM
Pretty much hope aswell for some free roam with him and to be able to play as him after finishing the game along the possibility to replay his missions.

hastings84
05-15-2012, 10:25 PM
First post!!

I always got chills when Desmond visited ruined locations that we played as Ezio in, when they were brand new. I would love to see more of that in ACIII. American historic places with some link to the templars/assassins. Even if it's like way out in the woods somewhere, where in Connor's time, was a cabin - In Desmond time, there's some lumps of earth, or a stone foundation to the old cabin. Some mystery to uncover there, or a link to a memory.

Exciting stuff.

NinjaSpartanII
05-15-2012, 10:31 PM
First post!!

Nope, im sorry.

And i havent played Revelations, so i might be wrong.

she-assassin
05-15-2012, 10:36 PM
As for what i hope Desmond will do:
Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Eat Pizza Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, Kill Vidic, ...............

^this. I can't wait to kill that bastard! As for Des, I hope he gets a proper conclusion to his story. In fact, right now I'm looking forward to the modern day gameplay much, much more than to the historical part, so... CAN'T WAIT!

naran6142
05-16-2012, 02:33 AM
seeing the thread title i thought you had some gameplay

FilipinoNinja67
05-16-2012, 03:36 AM
I would like for Desmond to have a different but similar feel than the other characters like Arkham City and Catwoman, Robin, and Nightwing. It would be awesome if Desmond had a similar gameply style as Splinter Cell Convictions ole' Hobo Sam 07 days....

hastings84
Nope, im sorry.

And i havent played Revelations, so i might be wrong.

I meant that was my first forum post, here at Ubi. :D

rileypoole1234
I just hope we see Desmond kick some behind. He needs to get some stress out.

MaKaVeLiTL
05-16-2012, 04:38 AM
He'll do as much as in the last games - not much.

Moultonborough
05-16-2012, 05:15 AM
I only wonder if (though unlikely) they will make him "killable". So far he is like the bionic man(or the energizer bunny). Time to make it realistic.

Aphex_Tim
05-16-2012, 07:52 AM
Well, it was confirmed that AC3 will have more Desmond than ever so...
I'm hoping for more Brotherhood style Desmond gameplay, that was pretty **** awesome.

wigster2012
05-16-2012, 10:33 AM
As Tim said, they have confirmed that Desmond will feature more in this game then in previous one's. So i'm hoping to get alot more gameplay with Desmond. I'm honestly hoping that they will complete Desmond's story, so i would certainly like alot of missions and free roaming from his character.

Assassin_M
05-16-2012, 10:39 AM
Just remember, More Desmond doesn't necessarily mean Free roam..

Aphex_Tim
05-16-2012, 10:55 AM

I'd be happy with (linear) assassination missions for Desmond. They didn't train him to be an assassin just to sit back in the Animus all the time.
One possibility could indeed be a mission to assassinate Warren Vidic or perhaps even Alan Rikkin.

Abeonis
05-16-2012, 04:05 PM
I honestly suspect Desmond's gameplay will be limited to a few key areas this time around. I believe that they'll set up th Animus in the ante-chamber/entrance to the Grand Temple but be unable to access it (hence the need to explore Connor's memories). As Connor uncovers the pieces of code, or keys, that unlock the Temple, Desmond will revist those locations to retrieve them himself. I suspect...

UrDeviant1
05-16-2012, 07:41 PM
I think Desmond will protect us from the Solar Flare but fail to stop the satellite launch. I don't think there will be Desmond free-roam. The missions may be linear but more Interesting than before (as in the combat,story and cosmetics).

I don't think Desmond will die, I think his dad will, while saving Desmond from Cross. Desmond may become 'Mentor'. I hope that If we Infiltrate Abstergo, Desmond will be alone. Shuan will blame Desmond for Lucy's death, then Desmond will give Shaun a bloody nose ;)

seanthomas2
05-17-2012, 03:11 PM
sorry but desmond storys are the most boring part of asasins creed. He should set the tone at the beginingg and have the final bit at the end. the meat should be the historical asasin.

Assassin_M
05-17-2012, 03:19 PM
sorry but desmond storys are the most boring part of asasins creed. He should set the tone at the beginingg and have the final bit at the end. the meat should be the historical asasin.
A very Controversial opinion..
I hope Ubisoft doesn't listen to you..(I'm sure they wont)

GeneralTrumbo
05-20-2012, 03:48 AM
He'll do as much as in the last games - not much.
Nope. He will do much more than in the last games. It has already been confirmed.

GeneralTrumbo
05-20-2012, 03:52 AM
I don't see why the wouldn't add some sort of free roam. I am hoping to free roam Philadelphia as him. They have already said that Philadelphia will have some connection to the modern-day story, so I am hoping this means that there will be some sort of free-roam there in the modern-day. I mean, there has ALWAYS been an area for Desmond to free roam in the games.

I don't like when people throw out things like this because it makes me think that Ubisoft will listen to them. I want more Desmond gameplay, as do tons of other people. Let it happen.

MaKaVeLiTL
05-20-2012, 04:04 AM
Nope. He will do much more than in the last games. It has already been confirmed.

Didn't they say that in Revelations? Or at least imply it. I won't be surprised if we get less than 30 minutes of gameplay from Mr Miles.

GeneralTrumbo
05-20-2012, 04:06 AM
Didn't they say that in Revelations? Or at least imply it. I won't be surprised if we get less than 30 minutes of gameplay from Mr Miles.
In Revelations, all they said is that we would explore Desmond's backstory. I would like a conclusion, thank you. They can't do that with that "less than 30 minutes" of gameplay. This time, they said we would see a lot more of Desmond and during one interview it was implied that he would get over an hour of gameplay.

xx-pyro
05-20-2012, 04:24 AM
As long as Desmonds missions are linear, I'm happy. Can't be bothered free-roaming with two separate characters. Mind you I mean free-roam as in a city, I'm fine with a small area like Brotherhood.

naran6142
05-20-2012, 04:24 AM
I think Desmond will protect us from the Solar Flare but fail to stop the satellite launch. I don't think there will be Desmond free-roam. The missions may be linear but more Interesting than before (as in the combat,story and cosmetics).

I don't think Desmond will die, I think his dad will, while saving Desmond from Cross. Desmond may become 'Mentor'. I hope that If we Infiltrate Abstergo, Desmond will be alone. Shuan will blame Desmond for Lucy's death, then Desmond will give Shaun a bloody nose ;)

ya i think that the launch will fail as well, it might leave some space for more AC games

and i personally think that shaun deserves to be mentor more than desmond...

roostersrule2
05-20-2012, 04:33 AM
ya i think that the launch will fail as well, it might leave some space for more AC games

and i personally think that shaun deserves to be mentor more than desmond...Shaun? if Shaun was mentor the only way assassins would kill people is by pissing Templars off until they killed themselves.

naran6142
05-20-2012, 04:44 AM
Shaun? if Shaun was mentor the only way assassins would kill people is by pissing Templars off until they killed themselves.

lol, well he may not be the bravest of assassins but to me hes one of the most legit we've seen.

the way he talks about being an assassin in AC2 makes me have a lot of respect for him. Plus i really dont think desmond deserves it, Desmond only has memories of being an assassin, which I guess are apart of him but Shauns experience is real

and shaun does tactical support for the assassins so i think his mind set is better fit for being a mentor. Not hating on Desmond or anything cuz i can't wait to play as him in AC3.

If anything William will be the mentor... if there is even going to be another

:D

roostersrule2
05-20-2012, 04:51 AM
lol, well he may not be the bravest of assassins but to me hes one of the most legit we've seen.

the way he talks about being an assassin in AC2 makes me have a lot of respect for him. Plus i really dont think desmond deserves it, Desmond only has memories of being an assassin, which I guess are apart of him but Shauns experience is real

and shaun does tactical support for the assassins so i think his mind set is better fit for being a mentor. Not hating on Desmond or anything cuz i can't wait to play as him in AC3.

If anything William will be the mentor... if there is even going to be another

:DCan't argue with that and your right in AC2 when he says that were not really the good guys (or the bad guys) it made me know that he is almost as smart as he thinks he is.

MaKaVeLiTL
05-20-2012, 05:15 AM

and i personally think that shaun deserves to be mentor more than desmond...

Well hopefully he does become mentor so the templars pick him off faster.

naran6142
05-20-2012, 06:11 AM

i get why you dont like shaun so im hoping that AC3 develops his character more so we can see his true character

GeneralTrumbo
05-20-2012, 06:37 PM
-.-

Hassassiyin
05-21-2012, 06:50 AM
I think Desmond and crew were in America at the end AC:R. Desmond gets out of animus walks into that temple and Minerva/Juno/Jupiter or Venus pops up and blablabla..
Turns out they will need another Piece of Eden or something, Desmond will be introduced to Connor, relives Connors memories as a child and learns how to climb trees and other free running skills through bleeding effect. It would be awesome if The Frontier map in connors time was the same Grand Temple location Desmond and the others are at in the present.
After the first Connor memory sequence the Abstergo team arrives who were sent to capture or kill William Miles and the others, and search for them in the woods. Desmond finally puts his **** freakin hood up after 4 games (Yayyyy) and uses his new skills to take them out. More Abstergo Agents arrive possibly forcing them to leave the woods because its not safe there and Abstergo now knows the location of the grand temple. They don't know how to enter/activate it and the key to opening it is hidden in Desmond's DNA.

In AC:Brotherhood Desmond and crew did talk about going to The Assassin headquarters once they have the Apple. I think it would be awesome if we went to Assassins headquarters, being introduced to the Animus 3.0, meeting the other assassins, meeting the highest ranked assassins, have some conversations with them and his dad about the Mentors death. Daniel cross being brainwashed or a traitor, a fist fight with Shaun because he's still pissed about the Lucy thing, maybe use the apple to show that Lucy was a traitor, solving puzzles from that Erudito group/person (It's confirmerd that there will be puzzles and they wont be given by Subject 16) maybe some more Animus VR training, find out what the code stuff on his arm means, continue reliving Connors memories until we find what we were looking for.

After this I think Desmond Becomes the new Mentor because he's like the chosen one he has relived the lives of his ancestors, aquired the knowledge of 2 (maybe 3) Grand masters, has eagle vision, probably has the most experience and skill, one of the most highest concentrations of First civilization genes, which makes him able to wield a Piece of Eden. In The Fall comics it was said that: "The mentor acted as a living conduit for all his predecessors, Possessing the sum total of all their knowledge and experience which was passed down from mentor to mentor". So when that dude died in The Fall, all of that was probably gone until Desmond came back.

He gets a new modern assassin outfit, weapons, gadgets and is ready to go back to the grand temple to do his thing. More (armed) templars are in the woods guarding the grand temple and Desmond has to use all his skills to take them out, possibly accompanied by other assassins who will help him get to the grand temple. I think that would be an eic moment to bring back the Broterhood Assist Move. But all this is probably too much to ask for. :( Revelations had so much potential and it could've been a hundred times more epic.. But it was one of the biggest dissapointments. I didn't like the way they closed Altair and Ezio's story and I don't think Ubisoft is able to give Desmond the ending he deserves.

Anyone else see these?

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111118174408/assassinscreed/images/6/6b/Shock_blade.jpg

http://images.wikia.com/assassinscreed/images/a/a0/Modern_hidden_blade.jpg

Does anyone else know when The Chain Comics get released?

Aphex_Tim
05-21-2012, 08:45 AM
Anyone else see these?

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111118174408/assassinscreed/images/6/6b/Shock_blade.jpg

http://images.wikia.com/assassinscreed/images/a/a0/Modern_hidden_blade.jpg

Where'd you find these? A shockblade for Desmond could be pretty awesome!

Hassassiyin
05-21-2012, 09:00 AM
Those are pictures from the official Assassins Creed Encyclopedia

dxsxhxcx
05-21-2012, 01:28 PM
lol... Shaun being the Mentor, I can already see him making jokes about work with Rebecca since he would be her "boss" if that happens.... XD

Markie577
05-21-2012, 08:52 PM
I wonder what kind of Eagle Sense/Vision Desmond will have during these missions. Ezio has a evolved version because he used it so actively and desmond got it in extension I believe. But now we are going to have connor play. And I wonder if he will have eagle sense.
What do you guys think?

GeneralTrumbo
05-22-2012, 04:01 PM
I wonder what kind of Eagle Sense/Vision Desmond will have during these missions. Ezio has a evolved version because he used it so actively and desmond got it in extension I believe. But now we are going to have connor play. And I wonder if he will have eagle sense.
What do you guys think?
I am sure Desmond will have Connor's version of Eagle Sense, making him be in tune with his environment.

OriginalMiles
05-22-2012, 04:16 PM
I am sure Desmond will have Connor's version of Eagle Sense, making him be in tune with his environment.
Or Desmond will just keep the original Eagle Vision from AC!/AC2/ACB.
Has it been said if Connor has Eagle Vision/Sense.

itsamea-mario
05-22-2012, 04:33 PM
Or Desmond will just keep the original Eagle Vision from AC!/AC2/ACB.
Has it been said if Connor has Eagle Vision/Sense.

It's incredibly unlikely he wont.
As for desmond, you can pretty much be sure he'll have the same kind of eagle vision/sense as connor, they're unlikely to change things for the two characters.
However i wonder how standard gameplay will be for desmond, since connor is supposed to be different, does that mean desmond will be the same? or will connor not actually be that different, just with added treerunning and combat skills?

Jamison_J_B
05-23-2012, 01:25 PM
I'm really hoping for a "meaty" dose of desmond gameplay: wrap desmond's story up, assassination missions (Vidic, Rikken, Cross), meeting the present day assassin's, going deeper into the modern day story.

Basically I'd really like the feeling of two games in one. And I hope Ubi doesn't jip us on the modern day setting, I'm one of the few the love it.

infamous_ezio
05-23-2012, 04:27 PM
I'm kind of dissapointed that they decided to have the game mostly focused on connor, but ahwell, if we don't get heaps of desmond stuff i won't be happy, as for his missions i'm hoping for cool modern day assassination missions, but i suspect that most of the game play will be focused on us fighting abstergo e.g. desmond will most likely have to kill warren or alan rikkin, maybe they have something desmond needs.. another artifact? the ideas could just go on, but i'm hoping for something epic, diablo 3 let me down... and that took 12 years... i don't wanna be let down by assassin't creed! haha.

Stormpen
05-23-2012, 04:36 PM
It's incredibly unlikely he wont.
As for desmond, you can pretty much be sure he'll have the same kind of eagle vision/sense as connor, they're unlikely to change things for the two characters.
However i wonder how standard gameplay will be for desmond, since connor is supposed to be different, does that mean desmond will be the same? or will connor not actually be that different, just with added treerunning and combat skills?

I don't think Desmond will find treerunning too useful.
Abstergo isn't know for it's gardens.

itsamea-mario
05-23-2012, 04:50 PM
I don't think Desmond will find treerunning too useful.
Abstergo isn't know for it's gardens.

I meant general movement, how he walks/runs and how he fights etc..

playassassins1
05-23-2012, 05:23 PM
Maybe Desmond will go out, and do some stuff in the woods. Because it would be very boring to only see him at the temple and nothing else.

Stormpen
05-23-2012, 05:29 PM
I meant general movement, how he walks/runs and how he fights etc..

Well I hope they introduce some new game mechanics.....

GeneralTrumbo
05-23-2012, 09:43 PM
I'm sure they won't place Desmond down somewhere with a lot of trees and not have him put use to them.

dxsxhxcx
05-23-2012, 10:56 PM
this is probably off-topic but one thing I would like to see is rain during the modern days and then Desmond putting up his hood... :D

ON TOPIC: he must kill Vidic.. it would be epic if we did that in an epilogue after we finish the game with Desmond going to Italy to kill Vidic inside that Abstergo facility where he was kept before Lucy save him...