PDA

View Full Version : Revelations matches Brotherhood sales figure

EscoBlades
05-15-2012, 06:49 PM
http://www.xboxgamezone.co.uk/2012/05/15/assassins-creed-revelations-reaches-7-2-million-sales/ (http://www.xboxgamezone.co.uk/2012/05/15/assassins-creed-revelations-reaches-7-2-million-sales/)

I remember having a healthy debate a while back with some Revelations naysayers over how much it would potentially sell. On the one hand, a particular forum member cited some figures showing the decline in sales of each subsequent title from AC2 onwards. Well, according to the above, maybe not so.

Thoughts?

FilipinoNinja67
05-15-2012, 06:57 PM
"Healthy debate". - what is that?

Hopefully the AC games will be getting the attention they deserve from now on. I don't know how everyone can stand buying CoD every year.

Edit: Also I hope ubi won't pull a splinter cell and kill the core game mechanics with their 5th game. So far it looks alright :P

ProletariatPleb
05-15-2012, 07:37 PM
Well, Call of Duty sells too, but that doesn't make it the better game, the innovation has been missing for a while.
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood and Revelations were a bit...'light' on the story, which I disliked, and the core gameplay was exactly the same, with a few new features and tweaks.
It was just good enough to keep the fans happy, but otherwise, it fell short of my expectations.
And aesthetically Brotherhood was superior to Revelations. Brotherhood added a whole lot of features to the AC2 line, Revelations...not so much. Less screentime given to Alta´r.

AC3 looks good so far, the thing they always wanted is finally here, fluidity in everything. We have proper stealth, we can climb trees, seasons, it's RPG-like.

Assassin_M
05-15-2012, 11:02 PM
It was to be expected really, at least I did..

kalo.yanis
05-16-2012, 01:59 AM
And aesthetically Brotherhood was superior to Revelations. Brotherhood added a whole lot of features to the AC2 line, Revelations...not so much. Less screentime given to Alta´r.

Highly subjective. I though, if anything, that Revelations looked much better than Brotherhood - both graphically and stylistically.

Moultonborough
05-16-2012, 05:08 AM
Nice to see it proved it sold well despite some people trashing it online. AC 3 will be it outright though.

eagleforlife1
05-16-2012, 07:29 AM
Highly subjective. I though, if anything, that Revelations looked much better than Brotherhood - both graphically and stylistically.

I agree.

ProletariatPleb
05-16-2012, 07:29 AM
I played the PC version and it was...let's just try to condense it as bad. Idk about what you played on, but features(Ambient Occlusion) were scraped in the PC version which were present on the console version and were present in Brotherhood(PC), but scraped for Revelations.

pacmanate
05-16-2012, 08:00 AM
"Healthy debate". - what is that?

Well basically, Esco killed the other guy :P I am glad that revelations has sold as much as brotherhood now. Although not the best storyline in the series I was mainly in it for the graphics. AC3 is already the top pre ordered assassin's game EVER and that statement came out a month ago. Hopefully AC3 wins a lot of awards this year for being awesome.