PDA

View Full Version : England upset (Ubisoft READ)

smashpotatoboy
05-15-2012, 03:49 PM
:mad: :mad: :mad: The new AC game has upset a lot of people in England as in the new game your just killing them, manly American and English people buy this game and so a lot of people in England are not going to buy the AC3, Ubisoft really shouldn't make games that upset the main people that are going to buy it. I really want Ubisoft to see this and take it in account. Next time don't do this. No one wants to kill there own side. Do you think it will be funny if i made a game that you go round killing Americans and showing how much better we are? No so don't do it again.

playassassins1
05-15-2012, 03:51 PM
Spam! Spam! Spam! Spam! Spam! Spam! Spam! Spam! Spam!

Oh, and btw. Its just a GAME, not reality. And t was history, and you can't change history.

freddie_1897
05-15-2012, 03:51 PM
fair, but back then us english were complete arseholes

kriegerdesgottes
05-15-2012, 03:55 PM
Well I guess we can never make a game again about WWII because that would upset the Germans. I guess we can never make a game about any part of history because that would hurt someone's feelings. I guess we can never confront reality or history because someone will feel bad about losing. Makes perfect sense. I sure hope no one ever makes a game about Vietnam because we Americans went in and killed women and children and burnt down villages and I don't want that to be portrayed because it's an ugly part of my history that will hurt my feelings so no gaming company should ever be able to do that.

.......jk get over yourself.

notafanboy
05-15-2012, 03:57 PM
post here
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/674485-What-s-up-with-all-the-American-hate-for-this-game?

EscoBlades
05-15-2012, 03:57 PM
*facepalm*

Less of this rubbish please....

pacmanate
05-15-2012, 04:01 PM
Just read the link on this page please.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/674795-Assassin%E2%80%99s-Creed-3-not-about-%E2%80%9CAmerica-Ra-Ra%E2%80%9D-won%E2%80%99t-%E2%80%9Cshy-away%E2%80%9D-from-slavery-*READ*

Sukramo
*facepalm*

Less of this rubbish please....

This is Ubisofts fault for not showing colonist templars in the demo/screenshots.

Assassin_M
Hmm..
This Person is apparently angry that he/she will be killing Pixels and Polygons using another several Pixels and Polygons..
and You`re saying that England is angry ? what ? you went and asked every one of them ? Apparently you did not ask EscoBlades and Mr_Shade..
They`re English and they do not seem to mind, You did not see me Crying about AC I killing Saracens, You did not see Greece "Angry" about killing Byzantines, and may I ask why werent you "Angry" at killing English in AC I ?
This is just so Idiotic and Immature; you do not want to buy AC III ? Fine its your loss..

freddie_1897
Well I guess we can never make a game again about WWII because that would upset the Germans. I guess we can never make a game about any part of history because that would hurt someone's feelings. I guess we can never confront reality or history because someone will feel bad about losing. Makes perfect sense. I sure hope no one ever makes a game about Vietnam because we Americans went in and killed women and children and burnt down villages and I don't want that to be portrayed because it's an ugly part of my history that will hurt my feelings so no gaming company should ever be able to do that.

.......jk get over yourself.
they should definitely be allowed to do that, and they should be allowed to kill redcoats in AC3, but it wouldn't be avery good AC if there was only one clear enemy, and one clear ally, Connor should ally with both sides. AC have always been good at showing the history not found in the textbook.

pacmanate
05-15-2012, 04:03 PM
Hmm..
This Person is apparently angry that he/she will be killing Pixels and Polygons using another several Pixels and Polygons..
and You`re saying that England is angry ? what ? you went and asked every one of them ? Apparently you did not ask EscoBlades and Mr_Shade..
They`re English and they do not seem to mind, You did not see me Crying about AC I killing Saracens, You did not see Greece "Angry" about killing Byzantines, and may I ask why werent you "Angry at killing English in AC I ?
This is just so Idiotic and Immature; you do not want to buy AC III ? Fine its your lose..

WOAH you missed out me, I am from england! And I bought the freedom edition the day it came out.... so yeah. OP, do not speak for the whole of England. Most of england doesn't CARE.

EscoBlades
05-15-2012, 04:04 PM
This is Ubisofts fault for not showing colonist templars in the demo/screenshots.

I'll try again:

Let's all cry and moan and whine about a game we know next to nothing about, have hardly seen or heard details of, and have not played. Yup...exactly that.

Give me a break. I'm reminded of something i retweeted yesterday (https://twitter.com/#!/Wons23/status/202159453997514753).

freddie_1897
Hmm..
They`re English and they do not seem to mind, You did not see me Crying about AC I killing Saracens, You did not see Greece "Angry" about killing Byzantines, and may I ask why werent you "Angry at killing English in AC I ?
This is just so Idiotic and Immature; you do not want to buy AC III ? Fine its your lose..
completely agree apart from the 'killing pixels' bit, it is more than that, if there was a game were you played as hitler and killed jewish people then loads of people would be upset, but no-one would say that they were only killing pixels and polygons. a sensitive issue is a sensitive issue no matter what form it's in, and despite the fact that i agree with you and don't really care i'm killing redcoats, i still have to disagree with your first comment

Assassin_M
WOAH you missed out me, I am from england! And I bought the freedom edition the day it came out.... so yeah. OP, do not speak for the whole of England. Most of england doesn't CARE.
Forgive me I do not know everyone from England..
Allow me..
pacmanate doesn't care about killing English and he`s English

completely agree apart from the 'killing pixels' bit, it is more than that, if there was a game were you played as hitler and killed jewish people then loads of people would be upset, but no-one would say that they were only killing pixels and polygons. a sensitive issue is a sensitive issue no matter what form it's in, and despite the fact that i agree with you and don't really care i'm killing redcoats, i still have to disagree with your first comment

THAT is how I see it, If Britain made a video Game about an English Soldier during the Invasion of Egypt, and this Soldier is shown mercilessly killing Egyptians, Torturing and EVEN SPITTING ON THEIR FACES..
I wont really come out and say "Oh no.. England do this right because this is wrong and all of Egypt is "Angry"

GuZZ33
05-15-2012, 04:05 PM
Not all of england, some of us british are made of iron and we have a steel pulse :D, of course, some might say "We are not amused" others like me are not phased, in fact i can't wait to tomahawk a brit or make them feel the pain with my burning arrows, so to speak, hahaha!, i just see it as a video game really :D

tarrero
05-15-2012, 04:05 PM
Somebody please, call the Whambulance......

freddie_1897
05-15-2012, 04:08 PM
I'll try again:

Let's all cry and moan and whine about a game we know next to nothing about, have hardly seen or heard details of, and have not played. Yup...exactly that.

Give me a break.
yes, but in the op's defence we have seen loads of screens and 2 trailers and have read previews on 3 gameplay demos and you are only shown killing tons of redcoats.
but in your defence it is probably just down to marketing. however i hope they release some kind of image of Connor killing a colonist just to put peoples fears to rest and also to stop these pointless threads arising that only seem to end in arguments

MasterSimaYi
05-15-2012, 04:09 PM
Really? American and English people are the main people who buy Assassin's Creed games? Neither the United Kingdom or the Unites States have the largest population on Earth, especially not the UK. People from all over the world buy these games. Countries like France, Turkey, Russia, Brazil, to name a few, have a larger population than the United Kingdom and you mustn't think that because the games are made in English, only English-speaking people will buy them. Not to mention that the games get translated to various languages.

And if Ubisoft really planned to portray the British as the "bad guys" (since apparently "enemies" is the same as "bad guys" because the protagonist is always the "good guy"), then you would have been killing only English Crusaders in AC1, you would have killed King Richard I, Maria Thorpe wouldn't be Altaïr's wife and King Henry VIII wouldn't be shown as an ally of the Assassins in the Contracts in Brotherhood and Project Legacy. Just stop complaining, get a grip on reality.

OriginalMiles
05-15-2012, 04:11 PM
I'm British and I don't give any monkeys about it, in fact I want to kill redcoats.

playassassins1
05-15-2012, 04:12 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if the forums get flooded by angry people after E3.....

Assassin_M
05-15-2012, 04:13 PM
The only thing that REALLY ticks me is that OPs of these Threads just throw Crap and run and leave Us just talking to ourselves..

freddie_1897
05-15-2012, 04:14 PM
Really? American and English people are the main people who buy Assassin's Creed games? Neither the United Kingdom or the Unites States have the largest population on Earth, especially not the UK. People from all over the world buy these games. Countries like France, Turkey, Russia, Brazil, to name a few, have a larger population than the United Kingdom and you mustn't think that because the games are made in English, only English-speaking people will buy them. Not to mention that the games get translated to various languages.

And if Ubisoft really planned to portray the British as the "bad guys" (since apparently "enemies" is the same as "bad guys" because the protagonist is always the "good guy"), then you would have been killing only English Crusaders in AC1, you would have killed King Richard I, Maria Thorpe wouldn't be Altaïr's wife and King Henry VIII wouldn't be shown as an ally of the Assassins in the Contracts in Brotherhood and Project Legacy. Just stop complaining, get a grip on reality.
yeah, a lot more countries buy AC, America clearly has the biggest fan base for video games so this american revolution setting will get quite a lot of american fans into the series, but england does have a pretty large AC fan base and this US friendly marketing their doing is dangerous, they've already shown that it's going to be a good game for americans so they should quit while their ahead and stop with this hugely patriotic advertising and start to get a wider audience excited for the game

playassassins1
05-15-2012, 04:15 PM
The only thing that REALLY ticks me is that OPs of these Threads just throw Crap and run and leave Us just talking to ourselves..

Well, then lets talk about how great its going to be killing redcoats.

wigster2012
05-15-2012, 04:20 PM
That's funny, i'm English and i don't give a rats ***.

MasterSimaYi
05-15-2012, 04:24 PM
yeah, a lot more countries buy AC, America clearly has the biggest fan base for video games so this american revolution setting will get quite a lot of american fans into the series, but england does have a pretty large AC fan base and this US friendly marketing their doing is dangerous, they've already shown that it's going to be a good game for americans so they should quit while their ahead and stop with this hugely patriotic advertising and start to get a wider audience excited for the game

I would like some statistics on where it says that England has a pretty large fan base, in comparison to other countries. I've seen more Brazilian AC fans than English AC fans on the Wiki. The United Kingdom really doesn't have a larger fan base than other countries... And if the "fan" base would so easily complain about things like this, then I doubt they are very good fans.

Assassin_M
05-15-2012, 04:26 PM
Please dont turn into who has the biggest fan base argument PLEASE OH PLEEEAAAASSEE !!!

kriegerdesgottes
05-15-2012, 04:30 PM
@ M I love the point you made about no one crying about the English who were killed in AC1. I didn't even think of that. I also don't remember hearing Germans or French or anyone from the middle east complaining.

MasterSimaYi
05-15-2012, 04:33 PM
Please dont turn into who has the biggest fan base argument PLEASE OH PLEEEAAAASSEE !!!

If that was my intention, I would be saying "NETHERLANDS HAS BIGEST FANBASE U SUCK," but I didn't. It was one of the arguments as to why this makes England so very upset, and I'm trying to point out the contrary, not vainly saying my or any other country in specific has the biggest fan base...

pacmanate
05-15-2012, 04:45 PM
Somebody please, call the Whambulance......

This litereally had me in stitches!

ProletariatPleb
05-15-2012, 04:47 PM
Not trying to be rude or anything, but you make is sound like the English were the good guys back then.

Assassin_M
05-15-2012, 04:48 PM
If that was my intention, I would be saying "NETHERLANDS HAS BIGEST FANBASE U SUCK," but I didn't. It was one of the arguments as to why this makes England so very upset, and I'm trying to point out the contrary, not vainly saying my or any other country in specific has the biggest fan base...
Oh no I did not say that it was your intention, but I was referring to the thread it self, How sometimes things are sucked into controversial topics..

Not trying to be rude or anything, but you make is sound like the English were the good guys back then.
EVERY ONE WAS ENGLISH FOR HEAVEN`S SAKE I SWEAR ON MY GRANDMA`S GRAVE !!!

n00bfi_97
05-15-2012, 04:49 PM
Itīs fun to *****er posts. Now with corrections!

The new AC game has upset a lot of people in England as in the new game youīre just killing them, mainly American and English people buy this game and so a lot of people in England are not going to buy the AC3, Ubisoft really shouldn't make games that upset the main people that are going to buy it.

Right, first up, game companies donīt give jack sh.it about the UK as a prospective market anymore. Second, like many have already said, there are other countries (i.e. BRIC countries) that buy these games a lot more. So learn your facts, ret.ard. Try and expand your knowledge- Donīt worry, we can help you.

I really want Ubisoft to see this and take it in account. Next time don't do this. No one wants to kill their own side. Do you think it will be funny if I made a game that you go round killing Americans and showing how much better we are? No so don't do it again.

Boo hoo, you canīt take killing your "own side"? Not to mention pixelated versions of your own side? How about you grow some balls and then come back?

Man, some people are weak in the head. And seriously, youīre English (I hope) but the spelling mistakes you make are ridiculous. Also, if you had the attention span to actually listen, UBi have STATED that this is not ABOUT the War; the war is just a backdrop. Connor will be killing people from both sides. It sucks for you that you donīt have the patience to wait till E3. It sucks for you that you just have to bow and suck it. Your people are getting killed? IN A GAME?! Germans, Russians, Italians, Turks, Greeks, French, Middle Easterns arenīt complaining, why should you? No country is THAT important that a game company should listen to them; the UK certainly isnīt at the moment. God, youīre pathetic.

ProletariatPleb
05-15-2012, 04:59 PM
EVERY ONE WAS ENGLISH FOR HEAVEN`S SAKE I SWEAR ON MY GRANDMA`S GRAVE !!!
Thanks for the caps, what I meant was a reply to OP saying "No one wants to kill there own side. Do you think it will be funny if i made a game that you go round killing Americans and showing how much better we are? No so don't do it again." and in general to people saying "Why Redcoats" "Why kill British?" I know who Colonials were M :/

Assassin_M
05-15-2012, 05:06 PM
Thanks for the caps, what I meant was a reply to OP saying "No one wants to kill there own side. Do you think it will be funny if i made a game that you go round killing Americans and showing how much better we are? No so don't do it again." and in general to people saying "Why Redcoats" "Why kill British?" I know who Colonials were M :/
Oh no the caps did not mean that I was shouting at you:D, Sorry If it seemed that way, man
It was just a sign of desperation :p

infamous_ezio
05-15-2012, 05:06 PM
But yet what would you say if you were faced with the question "the english killed so many scottsman back in the day?!?!?!' i suppose that would be ok? even though that was real? but yet your complaining over a game, your a stupid pom.

Assassin_M
05-15-2012, 05:08 PM
But yet what would you say if you were faced with the question "the english killed so many scottsman back in the day?!?!?!' i suppose that would be ok? even though that was real? but yet your complaining over a game, your a stupid pom.
Of course its ok..
Britain was the greatest at the time, they could do whatever whenever..

Josegtx13
05-15-2012, 05:09 PM

Watch the OP never show up again.

Assassin_M
05-15-2012, 05:11 PM
Watch the OP never show up again.
I just figured something..
The OP is a racist, his name is smashpotatoboy..
Them Potatoes are gonna be MAD

Mr_Shade
05-15-2012, 05:12 PM
There is a thread already dedicated to what some may see as "issues" with the games story line...

Yes some people are upset, however it is not the whole of England... Or even the UK...

Locking thread due to being a repeat..