PDA

View Full Version : Proof of the awesome grahphics ...

DoNNiEDaRkO50
05-13-2012, 08:10 PM
So guys ,, I was running the gameplay trailer a frame by frame ,, and there was a shot I first noticed in the beginning ,,an awesome shot
I'll let the picture speak for itself
http://i50.tinypic.com/15ojyur.png
so this a picture taken from A 720p video Not 1080p ,, and most importantly that this Pre-alpha !!
So really people who complain should see this

rileypoole1234
05-13-2012, 08:11 PM
I agree it does look awesome, but was a whole thread really needed for this?

DoNNiEDaRkO50
05-13-2012, 08:13 PM
I agree it does look awesome, but was a whole thread really needed for this?

I actually wanted to post this in a thread ,, but i wanted all people to seet it :D

De Filosoof
05-13-2012, 08:18 PM
It looks awesome and i wanna play it.

Serrachio
05-13-2012, 08:22 PM
I actually wanted to post this in a thread ,, but i wanted all people to seet it :D

People would have seen it anyway, as it would have brought that thread to to the top, so there was no need to make another solely for this.

DoNNiEDaRkO50
05-13-2012, 08:23 PM
People would have seen it anyway, as it would have brought that thread to to the top, so there was no need to make another solely for this.

Not all people re-enter the thread :D ,, just tell me what do you think ? :D

Serrachio
05-13-2012, 08:39 PM
Not all people re-enter the thread :D ,, just tell me what do you think ? :D

The shot looks good, but I can't help but feel the shadows around the face area are too blurry. It needs to be crisper to match up with ACB, which was my favourite in terms of aesthetics.

DoNNiEDaRkO50
05-13-2012, 08:49 PM
The shot looks good, but I can't help but feel the shadows around the face area are too blurry. It needs to be crisper to match up with ACB, which was my favourite in terms of aesthetics.

I actually agree with you,, but this a pre-alpha ,, hope they will make it like ACB

BBALive
05-13-2012, 08:56 PM
So guys ,, I was running the gameplay trailer a frame by frame ,, and there was a shot I first noticed in the beginning ,,an awesome shot
I'll let the picture speak for itself
http://i50.tinypic.com/15ojyur.png
so this a picture taken from A 720p video Not 1080p ,, and most importantly that this Pre-alpha !!
So really people who complain should see this

You realise that pre-alpha doesn't make a difference to the graphics, right? The models that are in the game are complete. The only difference between pre-alpha and beta (the stage when the game is asset complete) is that the game will contain more models. Right now the game does not contain all of the models that will be in the game, but the ones that are in there are complete. Alpha, beta and the like focus more on feature implementation, bug testing and completing the code-base.

In short, the game's graphics won't alter between now and release, the main differences will be shown through gameplay, features, bugs (or lack thereof) and amount of assets.

Video compression, 720p rather than 1080p, console graphics.

misterB2001
05-13-2012, 09:00 PM
You realise that pre-alpha doesn't make a difference to the graphics, right? The models that are in the game are complete. The only difference between pre-alpha and beta (the stage when the game is asset complete) is that the game will contain more models. Right now the game does not contain all of the models that will be in the game, but the ones that are in there are complete. Alpha, beta and the like focus more on feature implementation, bug testing and completing the code-base.

In short, the game's graphics won't alter between now and release, the main differences will be shown through gameplay, features, bugs (or lack thereof) and amount of assets.

Video compression, 720p rather than 1080p, console graphics.i disagree, i've seen a few videos of games showing pre-alpha graphics and their final version shows a distinct improvement.

Assassin_M
05-13-2012, 09:34 PM
This could`v worked a lot better as an educational thread..
For example pointing the obviously improved mapping and texture; also adding that its even harder for Tree Models..
The Effects present in the Clothes of Connor which gives off a very beautifully realistic illusion that was absent, or atleast barely visible, in past AC games..
But I suppose any one can deduce what I said by just looking at that shot :rolleyes:
OP, I congratulate you on finding this shot, because It was HELL to spot ;)

DoNNiEDaRkO50
05-13-2012, 09:37 PM

Video compression, 720p rather than 1080p, console graphics.

I really must disagree with you,, Mr shade or escoblades said that the devs finished the game in terms of gameplay, bugs, story...etc,, and that the devs will spend the last 5 months polishing the game and tha graphics :D

DoNNiEDaRkO50
05-13-2012, 09:39 PM
This could`v worked a lot better as an educational thread..
For example pointing the obviously improved mapping and texture; also adding that its even harder for Tree Models..
The Effects present in the Clothes of Connor which gives off a very beautifully realistic illusion that was absent, or atleast barely visible, in past AC games..
But I suppose any one can deduce what I said by just looking at that shot :rolleyes:
OP, I congratulate you on finding this shot, because It was HELL to spot ;)

I actually found it by accident ,, I was playing the trailer cause I can't stop watching it :rolleyes: then I Went to get something and pressed pause on the video ,, and when I returned i found this shot,,, then a took screenshot and uploaded it,, I was really impressed by the shot

Assassin_M
05-13-2012, 09:41 PM
I really must disagree with you,, Mr shade or escoblades said that the devs finished the game in terms of gameplay, bugs, story...etc,, and that the devs will spend the last 5 months polishing the game and tha graphics :D
Indeed, In some rare cases Pre-alpha can mean that there will be improvements to the graphics..
and let me just remind you that Trailers make games look worse than they actually are, I still remember the uproar at the gameplay trailer of Revelations last year Ugh..

DoNNiEDaRkO50
05-13-2012, 09:44 PM
Indeed, In some rare cases Pre-alpha can mean that there will be improvements to the graphics..
and let me just remind you that Trailers make games look worse than they actually are, I still remember the uproar at the gameplay trailer of Revelations last year Ugh..

Yea,, the gameplay trailer for revelations was good ,,but the graphics looked terrible in it ,,especially the textures ,, It was horrible ,, but when the game came out ,, the textures were fixed :D

Assassin_M
05-13-2012, 09:46 PM
Yea,, the gameplay trailer for revelations was good ,,but the graphics looked terrible in it ,,especially the textures ,, It was horrible ,, but when the game came out ,, the textures were fixed :D
I do not know If I`d use the words "Fixed" because in the E3 gameplay the textures looked fine..
My point, as stated above, is that Trailers sometimes make games look lesser in Graphics quality than they truly are..

DoNNiEDaRkO50
05-13-2012, 09:47 PM
I do not know If I`d use the words "Fixed" because in the E3 trailer the textures looked fine..
My point, as stated above, is that Trailers sometimes make games lesser in Graphics quality than they truly are..
Agreed :D

InfamousQ1987
05-13-2012, 09:59 PM
i disagree, i've seen a few videos of games showing pre-alpha graphics and their final version shows a distinct improvement.

Yeah like the new DMC, the latest gameplay and trailers look alot better compared to earlier gameplay.

BBALive
05-14-2012, 01:17 AM
i disagree, i've seen a few videos of games showing pre-alpha graphics and their final version shows a distinct improvement.

They're either old games, or when you saw the game in pre-alpha the graphics looked worse due to video compression and the like.

In modern day video game development models are added in their completed form over time. So rather than the quality increasing through each phase, the quantity increases. Blocking models out, the making primitive versions, then making the next version and so on is a very inefficient and slow way of developing.

BBALive
05-14-2012, 01:21 AM

The game is in alpha. It's not finished in any shape or form. The game won't be truly asset and feature complete until beta (the game is technically feature complete in alpha, but revisions, improvements and so on are made between alpha and beta, resulting in changes), which is where the major testing takes place in order to find all of the major and minor bugs caused from alpha until then. Like I said, are put into the game in their complete form. The only time when primitive shapes or objects are used are in the VERY early testing phases.

Seriously, the graphics won't change. If ANYTHING then adjustments will be made to textures and possibly animations, but nothing more.

Assassin_M
05-14-2012, 01:23 AM
Seriously, the graphics won't change. If ANYTHING then adjustments will be made to textures and possibly animations, but nothing more.
Listen to this man, for he is wise..

SixKeys
05-14-2012, 02:18 AM

This makes me sad. I was hoping pre-alpha meant "oh sure, it may look like crap now but wait till they've finished polishing it up!". If the graphics in the finished game look exactly like in the gameplay trailer, then it will look pretty much the same as ACR. Which wasn't bad, by any means, but I was hoping for a huge leap in graphics for AC3.

CrazySN
05-14-2012, 02:56 AM
Just because a game is in it's pre-alpha stage, does not necessarily mean the game will look better in it's final build. If anything, it can actually look WORSE in the final build, since the developers might decrease some graphical details for the sake of performance. Here's a game to show as an example:

Halo Reach early build:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9ez7iNjoVg

Halo Reach final build:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92Bbw-KHajs

EDIT: That said, I do think that AC3 looks good already as it is in the trailer.

BBALive
05-14-2012, 03:58 AM
This makes me sad. I was hoping pre-alpha meant "oh sure, it may look like crap now but wait till they've finished polishing it up!". If the graphics in the finished game look exactly like in the gameplay trailer, then it will look pretty much the same as ACR. Which wasn't bad, by any means, but I was hoping for a huge leap in graphics for AC3.

Nah, it definitely looks better than ACR. Graphically, it's more impressive simply because of things like semi-realistic snow and quantity of NPCs on screen. The animations are FAR superior, and the models themselves look better too. Ubisoft can do amazing things with normal mapping (I have an image but I can't seem to locate it), so the models in Revelations looked good for a game of its size at the time, but they've managed to take it slightly further this time. By no means is it a huge leap, after-all it has only been a year since Revelations was released, but it's a leap nonetheless.

However... In some ways you could say it's a huge leap. I mean, they've managed to improve model standards in a game that is much, much larger than any title in the series before it, not just regarding environment size but regarding amount of NPCs too, without sacrificing performance. It's pretty impressive.

Just wait until you see some PC screenshots with all of the settings turned to max. It'll look glorious.

masterfenix2009
05-14-2012, 04:34 AM
Just because a game is in it's pre-alpha stage, does not necessarily mean the game will look better in it's final build. If anything, it can actually look WORSE in the final build, since the developers might decrease some graphical details for the sake of performance. Here's a game to show as an example:

Halo Reach early build:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9ez7iNjoVg

Halo Reach final build:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92Bbw-KHajs

EDIT: That said, I do think that AC3 looks good already as it is in the trailer. I think the final build looks better.

Besides, if the gameplay is awesome, I don't give a crap about graphics. Graphics can't take away from the game, they can only add.

shobhit7777777
05-14-2012, 05:39 AM
They needed proof? isn't it kinda obvious that AC3 would look amazing? That's a given

CrazySN
05-14-2012, 05:48 AM
I think the final build looks better.

Besides, if the gameplay is awesome, I don't give a crap about graphics. Graphics can't take away from the game, they can only add.

Well, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. But still, that doesn't change the fact that Halo Reach did receive a massive downgrade in lighting and shadows, among other things in the final build compared to the early build. Also, I don't entirely agree with your second statement, as graphics can make or break immersion in a game, and that can affect the gameplay quite a bit.

However, despite what I've said, I'm sure none of these things will be a problem to AC3 at all in the future.

DoNNiEDaRkO50
05-14-2012, 05:32 PM
They needed proof? isn't it kinda obvious that AC3 would look amazing? That's a given

Yea,, people just can't stop complaining !

POP1Fan
05-14-2012, 07:53 PM
Well, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. But still, that doesn't change the fact that Halo Reach did receive a massive downgrade in lighting and shadows, among other things in the final build compared to the early build. Also, I don't entirely agree with your second statement, as graphics can make or break immersion in a game, and that can affect the gameplay quite a bit.

However, despite what I've said, I'm sure none of these things will be a problem to AC3 at all in the future.

Syou're telling me you wouldn't get into Silent Hill 2 only because the graphics look like cardboard?That is one of the best games ever and it looks like crap.

lukaszep
05-14-2012, 10:56 PM
Seems like there needs to be some clarification on this whole graphics/pre-alpha thing. I don't claim to be any kind of expert on this so someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
The basic graphics will NOT change in the final build, however the overall aesthetic will most likely change due to improved lighting and textures. It's incredible how much of a difference lighting makes graphics/textures look in a game.

@Assassin_M Since you made that Alpha Educational Thread, (whilst a good idea) everyone on the forums now seem to think they are some kind of expert on game development...;)

Assassin_M
05-14-2012, 11:02 PM
Seems like there needs to be some clarification on this whole graphics/pre-alpha thing. I don't claim to be any kind of expert on this so someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
The basic graphics will NOT change in the final build, however the overall aesthetic will most likely change due to improved lighting and textures. It's incredible how much of a difference lighting makes graphics/textures look in a game.

@Assassin_M Since you made that Alpha Educational Thread, (whilst a good idea) everyone on the forums now seem to think they are some kind of expert on game development...;)
You are absolutely correct regarding the Graphics, luka
You wont for example have the snow of Uncharted in the final build of the game, although it may improve in term of dissolution, or motion, It will not TOTALLY change..

and regarding the Thread; There are some here who have legitimate Information and knowledge, there also those who give out their opinions backed by some slight info they may have heard or studied and still ask for correction if they are wrong, and there are those who know absolutely nothing and claim to their ideas as facts..
Those, my friend, Im happy to harshly correct :D :p

SixKeys
05-14-2012, 11:10 PM
Syou're telling me you wouldn't get into Silent Hill 2 only because the graphics look like cardboard?That is one of the best games ever and it looks like crap.

Silent Hill 1 is better than 2. Just sayin'. :cool:

Graphics don't make a game, that's true, and especially when talking about older games you should judge them more on the story. I'm sure I will enjoy AC3 regardless of how the graphics end up looking. The difference is that the creators are touting the graphics as revolutionary and mind-blowing and so far I haven't seen anything like that. It could be because the trailer wasn't as good as it could have been, it could be because it's a pre-alpha build, but from what I've seen so far, the game doesn't look much better than ACR. Which to me means the devs shouldn't be concentrating so much on talking about how amazing the graphics supposedly are and concentrating more on the game's other strengths.

Assassin_M
05-14-2012, 11:16 PM
Silent Hill 1 is better than 2. Just sayin'. :cool:

Graphics don't make a game, that's true, and especially when talking about older games you should judge them more on the story. I'm sure I will enjoy AC3 regardless of how the graphics end up looking. The difference is that the creators are touting the graphics as revolutionary and mind-blowing and so far I haven't seen anything like that. It could be because the trailer wasn't as good as it could have been, it could be because it's a pre-alpha build, but from what I've seen so far, the game doesn't look much better than ACR. Which to me means the devs shouldn't be concentrating so much on talking about how amazing the graphics supposedly are and concentrating more on the game's other strengths.
I dont know which trailer you were watching, but AC III definitely looks better than ACR..
I could start a comparison If you like..

JCearlyyears
05-14-2012, 11:31 PM
Yes^

SixKeys
05-15-2012, 12:33 AM
I dont know which trailer you were watching, but AC III definitely looks better than ACR..
I could start a comparison If you like..

Do whatever you like, it won't make a difference to me. The gameplay trailer shows that the characters still have a lot of hard edges and poor textures. The hair on the guy smoking a cigar (who stood next to Connor) looked like a flat toupee. The trees looked square. Many of Connor's animations looked recycled from Ezio and Alta´r. These are the kind of things I look at. When you compare the gameplay footage to the first trailer we saw, the one created on the AnvilNext engine but not actually captured from the game itself, there's a huge difference. The in-engine trailer looked a lot smoother and polished. Those were the kind of graphics I was hoping for (perhaps unrealistically). That would have been mind-blowing. Judging by the gameplay trailer, the footage we can actually expect from the final game does not look next-gen, just a step up from ACR.

Assassin_M
05-15-2012, 12:42 AM
Do whatever you like, it won't make a difference to me. The gameplay trailer shows that the characters still have a lot of hard edges and poor textures. The hair on the guy smoking a cigar (who stood next to Connor) looked like a flat toupee. The trees looked square. Many of Connor's animations looked recycled from Ezio and Alta´r. These are the kind of things I look at. When you compare the gameplay footage to the first trailer we saw, the one created on the AnvilNext engine but not actually captured from the game itself, there's a huge difference. The in-engine trailer looked a lot smoother and polished. Those were the kind of graphics I was hoping for (perhaps unrealistically). That would have been mind-blowing. Judging by the gameplay trailer, the footage we can actually expect from the final game does not look next-gen, just a step up from ACR.
Yup Exactly my point, you have been watching a different trailer..
And this Point of view of yours is because you expected the game to look like the Announcement trailer but you were ultimately disappointed and as such have developed this view..
I will not make a comparison because It wont change a thing, but i`ll advise you to go watch the trailer a few more times..
Because it is evident that you did not watch it thoroughly..

SixKeys
05-15-2012, 01:11 AM
Yup Exactly my point, you have been watching a different trailer..
And this Point of view of yours is because you expected the game to look like the Announcement trailer but you were ultimately disappointed and as such have developed this view..
I will not make a comparison because It wont change a thing, but i`ll advise you to go watch the trailer a few more times..
Because it is evident that you did not watch it thoroughly..

Whatever, I'm out. I advise you to learn to accept different points of view.

Assassin_M
05-15-2012, 01:15 AM
Whatever, I'm out. I advise you to learn to accept different points of view.
And I advise you to read my posts thoroughly before you haste with judgments..
I clearly accepted your point in "Point of view of yours is because you expected the game to look like the Announcement trailer but you were ultimately disappointed and as such have developed this view" and "I will not make a comparison because It wont change a thing"..
But I merely gave a friendly advice in the end which clearly does not breach your right to have a point of view in any way..
You do not seem to be one for discussions, and therefore I will try my best to avoid ones with you..

ace3001
05-15-2012, 01:49 AM
Textures are horrendous. Revelations has much sharper textures. Beats me as to how you guys think this is good. Anyway, I guess the final product will probably be better than this, though, as this is only pre-Alpha. So nothing much to worry about.

Assassin_M
05-15-2012, 01:57 AM
Textures are horrendous. Revelations has much sharper textures. Beats me as to how you guys think this is good. Anyway, I guess the final product will probably be better than this, though, as this is only pre-Alpha. So nothing much to worry about.
May I ask you to compare between the first ACR gameplay trailer and AC III`s trailer ? NOT a High definition maxed out PC shot of Revelations please..
People seem to do that alot and actually convince themselves that ACR has better graphics than AC III

dxsxhxcx
05-15-2012, 03:35 AM
if the graphics are equal or a little better than ACR, I will be more than satisfied... :)

ace3001
05-15-2012, 05:02 AM
May I ask you to compare between the first ACR gameplay trailer and AC III`s trailer ? NOT a High definition maxed out PC shot of Revelations please..
People seem to do that alot and actually convince themselves that ACR has better graphics than AC III

Not sure where we first saw ACR gameplay, but if I remember right, it was at E3. So, from the E3 gameplay demo:

http://i.imgur.com/DPe7I.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/kjgYX.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/JQSxJ.jpg

To me, the textures on Ezio here look much better than what we got on Connor in the latest trailer.

I feel like playing through this memory again just to see how it finally turned out. I was too psyched to think of graphics when I played through it. :p (That does not mean that graphics aren't important.)

EDIT: Here are the second and third shots as captured in-game. The first one seems to be not in the final game, or the replay memory feature skips that bit. Maxed out except for resolution, as my tiny monitor doesn't support full HD resolutions.

http://i.imgur.com/7Mz0H.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/qs9ze.jpg

In the case of ACR, it seems the final product didn't differ much from how the E3 videos looked. But then again, ACR E3 videos were probably not from pre-Alpha stages.

beatledude210
05-15-2012, 05:29 AM
I'm not sure why, but this one always seems to replenish my faith in AC3's graphics.http://gamingvlog.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/4t9jcr.jpeg

ace3001
05-15-2012, 05:47 AM
I'm not sure why, but this one always seems to replenish my faith in AC3's graphics.http://gamingvlog.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/4t9jcr.jpeg
Well, that is not gameplay, so yeah, it'll look good. There are even screens that look totally gorgeous. Like this one, for example:

http://i.imgur.com/PZuLW.jpg

^ If the game is anything like that, it'll be cool. Of course, everything is at a distance in that shot, so kinda hard to judge. However, it just looks great, unlike the last gameplay trailer. I wonder whether it's just terrible video encoding, though.

True_Assassin92
05-15-2012, 08:12 AM
I'm looking forward to play AC 3, although I have to agree with both bad and good comments here. To me it seems to be better looking in graphics than ACR, but it's not the mindblowing stuff they kind of bragged about... which is a small disappointment. However this doesn't withhold me from playing the game :)

deskpe
05-15-2012, 08:46 AM
well ezio wore more detailed clothes, so hes texcutes has more details.... Connors textures are propably of same quality but there not much on it that can really tell if the textures are good or not.

The base fabric texture on ezio doesent look better than the base fabric for Connor.

Either way, ACR was quite a huge step up in graphic quality from ACB and AC3 doesent look wore than that. we'll see a demo in less than a month. (speculation based on previous E3s)

GLHS
05-15-2012, 09:48 AM
Silent Hill 1 is better than 2. Just sayin'. :cool: .

Wow, really? SH2 is regarded as one of the best survival horror games of all time, and is largely accepted as the best in the franchise. SH3 is right behind it also.

Assassin_M
05-15-2012, 03:53 PM
Well, that is not gameplay, so yeah, it'll look good. There are even screens that look totally gorgeous. Like this one, for example:

How is that not gameplay ? what you think this is CGI ?
and people for the love of god compare the Gameplay trailers not the E3 demo and a trailer..
because trailers usually make quality look a lot lesser than it truly is...
Ok ? 2 Gameplay trailers, again THE 2 gameplay trailers..
The one from Gamescom and the one we have of AC III.. IF you`ll compare..

GuZZ33
05-15-2012, 03:58 PM
WoW look at that mapping on the tree bark :D, seriously though, can't wait to shoot that bow and arrow, i hope we get to throw the tomahawk?.

ace3001
05-15-2012, 04:27 PM
How is that not gameplay ? what you think this is CGI ?
and people for the love of god compare the Gameplay trailers not the E3 demo and a trailer..
because trailers usually make quality look a lot lesser than it truly is...
Ok ? 2 Gameplay trailers, again THE 2 gameplay trailers..
The one from Gamescom and the one we have of AC III.. IF you`ll compare..
By "not gameplay", I referred to the shot of the reveal trailer. Btw, wasn't the E3 demo the first bits of gameplay we got?

Anyway, here are some great shots from the Gamescom trailer. That was a very good looking trailer.

http://i.imgur.com/bXYzD.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/htrth.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/pZSIT.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/587lQ.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/IYwpJ.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/2CHEN.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/TO1IM.jpg

This is much better than the shot in the first post of this thread. But I feel that it could be due to ****ty video encoding.

Assassin_M
05-15-2012, 05:03 PM
http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg525/scaled.php?server=525&filename=vlcsnap2012051518h33m08.png&res=landing
http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg210/scaled.php?server=210&filename=vlcsnap2012051518h33m29.png&res=landing
http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg6/scaled.php?server=6&filename=vlcsnap2012051518h33m49.png&res=landing
http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg339/scaled.php?server=339&filename=vlcsnap2012051518h33m58.png&res=landing
http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg259/scaled.php?server=259&filename=vlcsnap2012051518h34m11.png&res=landing

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg706/scaled.php?server=706&filename=vlcsnap2012051518h34m48.png&res=landing

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg205/scaled.php?server=205&filename=vlcsnap2012051518h36m47.png&res=landing
http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg401/scaled.php?server=401&filename=vlcsnap2012051518h37m47.png&res=landing
http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg268/scaled.php?server=268&filename=vlcsnap2012051518h38m54.png&res=landing
http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg213/scaled.php?server=213&filename=vlcsnap2012051518h40m12.png&res=landing

I wont speak anymore..
I`ll let the Shots and others say everything I want to say..

ace3001
05-15-2012, 05:16 PM
Those scaled down shots hide the blurriness a lot. Even then, shots like this (http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg706/scaled.php?server=706&filename=vlcsnap2012051518h34m48.png&res=landing) show blurriness. But like I said, it seems Ubisoft uses ****ty video compression now.

Assassin_M
05-15-2012, 05:18 PM
Those scaled down shots hide the blurriness a lot. Even then, shots like this (http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg706/scaled.php?server=706&filename=vlcsnap2012051518h34m48.png&res=landing) show blurriness. But like I said, it seems Ubisoft uses ****ty video compression now.
Yes.. Blurriness, because of Video Encoding..
Not UGLY graphics like you are saying..

ace3001
05-15-2012, 05:24 PM
I just said the gameplay trailer we got was ugly. That's all. Even the colours are messed up. And this (http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg213/scaled.php?server=213&filename=vlcsnap2012051518h40m12.png&res=landing) is plain ugly.

Assassin_M
05-15-2012, 05:26 PM
I just said the gameplay trailer we got was ugly. That's all. Even the colours are messed up. And this (http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg213/scaled.php?server=213&filename=vlcsnap2012051518h40m12.png&res=landing) is plain ugly.
I`ll tell you what..
Lets wait until E3 and compare the 2 E3 Gameplays here again, cool ?

Mr_Shade
05-15-2012, 05:34 PM
Also comparing PC screenshots and a video of the console version is a little unfair...

PCs have better texture resolution and details due to them having (in general) better hardware...

If you want to compare apples to oranges, I suggest you use the screenshots released for ACIII and the PC version of ACR..

Having seen the game in demonstration, in person, the texture work on the pre alpha is very good... Shame some of it is lost due to compression on video...

ace3001
05-15-2012, 05:35 PM
I`ll tell you what..
Lets wait until E3 and compare the 2 E3 Gameplays here again, cool ?
Fair enough. Seems like the wisest thing to do. :D

ace3001
05-15-2012, 05:38 PM
Also comparing PC screenshots and a video of the console version is a little unfair...

PCs have better texture resolution and details due to them having (in general) better hardware...I only brought the two PC screens in this thread to show that things haven't changed much going from E3 demo to final game. :)
I did once do such a comparison as well, though. :P But of course, that was when someone said that the AC3 gameplay was better than anything Revelations could show.

DavisP92
05-15-2012, 05:43 PM

people are still talking about the graphics. wow, well i don't think that the graphics are bad. In fact i enjoy them more then ACR. They have a nice feel to them, plus this is pre-alpha gameplay. So we'll see what it looks like when e3 is here. I'm sure that gameplay will be amazing graphics wise.

If you don't enjoy how the game looks now or will look when it's released, i'm sorry to hear that. i guess you won't be playing the game :(

Mr_Shade
05-15-2012, 05:44 PM
Fan those flames...

Tbh my personal opinion stands, the texture work I saw was equal to ACR if not better.. That coupled with the new environments, animation, AI, area traversal makes it an amazing looking game, even at this early stage..

But that's just me..

Oh and the other people, who saw it in the "flesh" at the press day.. Like Esco :p

ace3001
05-15-2012, 05:52 PM
i guess you won't be playing the game :(Who said that? I play AC for story, not graphics. But doesn't mean I don't see its shortcomings. Just because I enjoy it, am I not allowed to criticize it where it fails, in my opinion? But like said earlier, I'll wait for E3 to judge this better. I hope Ubisoft would use a better video encoder this time, though. The one used for the gameplay trailer is just crap.

DavisP92
05-15-2012, 06:12 PM
Who said that? I play AC for story, not graphics. But doesn't mean I don't see its shortcomings. Just because I enjoy it, am I not allowed to criticize it where it fails, in my opinion? But like said earlier, I'll wait for E3 to judge this better. I hope Ubisoft would use a better video encoder this time, though. The one used for the gameplay trailer is just crap.

well that's good, seeing that there have been a lot of people complaining about how they dislike the graphics and yadda yadda yadda. they make it sound like they really dislike the game and are so disappointed in it. The way i see it, the graphics they showed weren't that bad, in fact they were nice. so i'm not going to go on a rant (not saying you are, but some people have) about how the graphics aren't what they expected.

If you are just pointing out that you dislike the graphics of the trailer but are willing to wait and see how the game will actually look closer to release (e3) then that's great. Criticizing isn't normally bad, and yours isn't either. But if your just complaining about how crappy the graphics are and constantly just saying that and trying to compare 1080i PC screenshots to 720P Pre-Alpha screenshots then that's just sad. Some people have, which is where i start to think they should just voice their opinions once and then shut up about it. There isn't a reason for the whole forum to go crazy, like PAX and when the trailer was released when a lot of members where whining about only killing redcoats.

but i digress, if you are willing to wait to see what AC3 looks like at e3 then that's great. i'm just hoping they have co-op :P

Mr_Shade
05-15-2012, 06:33 PM
i'm just hoping they have co-op :P
you may be very disappointed then, since only confirmed features will be in the game, and that's not one of them.

FilipinoNinja67
05-15-2012, 06:37 PM
But on the xbox dashboard it says something about there being a 1-4 player Co-Op. ?

BBALive
05-15-2012, 06:41 PM
By "not gameplay", I referred to the shot of the reveal trailer. Btw, wasn't the E3 demo the first bits of gameplay we got?

Anyway, here are some great shots from the Gamescom trailer. That was a very good looking trailer.

This is much better than the shot in the first post of this thread. But I feel that it could be due to ****ty video encoding.

That wasn't a screenshot of the reveal trailer. A number of screenshots were released/leaked a while back showing off the snow environments, hunting and tree/mountain free-running. That was one of those screenshots.

pacmanate
05-15-2012, 06:41 PM
But on the xbox dashboard it says something about there being a 1-4 player Co-Op. ?

Yeah... that's wrong and was disproved after xbox.com deleted it a few hours after they posted it around 2-3months ago.

BBALive
05-15-2012, 06:45 PM
Yeah... that's wrong and was disproved after xbox.com deleted it a few hours after they posted it around 2-3months ago.

It was never disproven, but it wasn't confirmed either. It's a gray area at the moment.

Mr_Shade
05-15-2012, 06:47 PM
It was never disproven, but it wasn't confirmed either. It's a gray area at the moment.
It has been by the deteletion of it, and my repeated replies to people.

Only features officially announced will be in the final game, not mistakes.

And I'm done on that subject.. Since I'm sure someone will bring it up again and again..

Just let's not start ranting at release when it's not a game mode...

DavisP92
05-15-2012, 06:47 PM
you may be very disappointed then, since only confirmed features will be in the game, and that's not one of them.

well i know it hasn't been confirmed but it also hasn't been stated that it isn't in the game. So there is a chance

FilipinoNinja67
05-15-2012, 06:49 PM

:( I haven't checked it after I saw it about 2 months ago. Oh well

UbiGabe
05-15-2012, 06:57 PM
Something's missing from that list... I'll go ahead and let you guys figure out what it is.

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Assassins-Creed-III/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d802555308ae (http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Assassins-Creed-III/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d802555308ae)

And as far as the graphics are concerned, you'd do well to listen to Shade on this action. He knows what he's talking about. Apologies for the poor compression on the videos... it is being investigated for future video releases.

freddie_1897
05-15-2012, 06:58 PM
Something's missing from that list... I'll go ahead and let you guys figure out what it is.

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Assassins-Creed-III/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d802555308ae (http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Assassins-Creed-III/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d802555308ae)

And as far as the graphics are concerned, you'd do well to listen to Shade on this action. He knows what he's talking about. Apologies for the poor compression on the videos... it is being investigated for future video releases.
he speaks! the Gabe speaks!

Mr_Shade
05-15-2012, 07:04 PM
Thanks for popping in Gabe...

Appears my word is worthless to some.. :D

DavisP92
05-15-2012, 07:10 PM

is that a hint at co-op???????

freddie_1897
05-15-2012, 07:15 PM
uh oh, i have a feeling that (unfortunately) gave may have done more harm than good with that comment, now theirs gonna be a bunch of people expecting co-op even more. but if he actually was hinting at co-op, and it was in the game. then that'd be awesome

UbiGabe
05-15-2012, 07:23 PM

It is not. It is the opposite of that.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings, but we have gone over before the challenges we face in integrating co-op into the series.

freddie_1897
05-15-2012, 07:25 PM

Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings, but we have gone over before the challenges we face in integrating co-op into the series.
the opposite of co-op?

is there gonna be a single player element added to assassins creed?

DavisP92
05-15-2012, 07:40 PM

oh well, that sucks. co-op would make the game a lot more enjoyable (i'm not a huge fan of multiplayer) but oh well.. what are the challenges that you are referring to though, i wish i remember reading that.

the opposite of co-op?

is there gonna be a single player element added to assassins creed?

lol it's a hint against co-op :( haha

FilipinoNinja67
05-15-2012, 08:13 PM
Co-Op would have been really hard to impliment in AC, especially four player Co-Op. They would have to load up everything in the world for four different players and have the space on the disc for that. With the Anvil Next engine supposedly supporting 1000 people on screen at a time I would think that would be really hard. I don't know much about video game developement, that's just something I saw on the Saint's Row forums regarding 4 player co-op possibilities on there.

Even without Co-Op I'm not disappointed with the game (single player wise at least....)

pacmanate
05-15-2012, 08:25 PM
Content downloads woo!

playassassins1
05-15-2012, 08:32 PM
I don't really care about Co-op, I'm pretty excited for MP though!

DavisP92
05-15-2012, 08:33 PM
Co-Op would have been really hard to impliment in AC, especially four player Co-Op. They would have to load up everything in the world for four different players and have the space on the disc for that. With the Anvil Next engine supposedly supporting 1000 people on screen at a time I would think that would be really hard. I don't know much about video game developement, that's just something I saw on the Saint's Row forums regarding 4 player co-op possibilities on there.

Even without Co-Op I'm not disappointed with the game (single player wise at least....)

i did think 4 player co-op was a bit much, mainly because i am used to only 2 player co-op. I don't have any doubts that if Ubisoft tried they would be able to do co-op well. I remember hearing one time that they didn't put co-op in there for before because they had to justify it. Which out of all the excuses i've heard was probably the worst. Multiplayer isn't completely justified but for co-op they could just do a different story that doesn't involve desmond.

True_Assassin92
05-15-2012, 08:40 PM
Free roam in the AC universe would've been cool, too bad. I'm sorry I'm bringing in RDR, but if AC would be free roam like that it'd be EPIC. :)

EDIT:

Content download that is way too expensive. I don't know why online sales don't work with discounts. I've already bought all AC games and most of its content...It would be nice if Ubisoft traced the content you bought via Uplay and gave you a sign of goodwill: maybe some discount on future content or for being loyal something free and no I'm not talking about MP maps, but actual single player content.

I know it's business, but even in reality they work with discounts or coupons etc...:p

hastings84
05-15-2012, 10:28 PM
Dev's always show PC game footage, because it generally looks much better.... Being this a console forum, we can likely expect ACIII to look less than how it looks in the videos we have. Maybe not by much - But it's always something to keep in mind.

CrazySN
05-15-2012, 10:34 PM
Dev's always show PC game footage, because it generally looks much better.... Being this a console forum, we can likely expect ACIII to look less than how it looks in the videos we have. Maybe not by much - But it's always something to keep in mind.

The forum manager just said that the AC3 gameplay footage was from a console lol....

hastings84
05-15-2012, 11:26 PM
The forum manager just said that the AC3 gameplay footage was from a console

Define "just said". I just got here tonight haha.

Mr_Shade
05-16-2012, 12:01 AM
Define "just said". I just got here tonight haha.
It was said tonight..

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/674909-Proof-of-the-awesome-grahphics?p=8310830&viewfull=1#post8310830
From the information we were given, at the last press event, the gameplay was console based ;)

Needless to say - the Pre-Alpha footage is before work is done on refining the textures, shader, visual effects and other rendering effects - so the footage show is subject to change.

The video is also low bit rate, which the team are aware of, and will correct in future trailers.

hastings84
05-16-2012, 12:32 AM
It was said tonight..

:D

I love the videos, regardless!

ace3001
05-16-2012, 12:39 AM
The video is also low bit rate, which the team are aware of, and will correct in future trailers.Well, that's good to hear. :D I mean, it's not like Youtube is gonna run out of disk space, right? :p
Anyway, I guess you won't be telling us what console the gameplay was running on?

Assassin_M
05-16-2012, 01:02 AM
Well, that's good to hear. :D I mean, it's not like Youtube is gonna run out of disk space, right? :p
Anyway, I guess you won't be telling us what console the gameplay was running on?
PlayStation 3

GLHS
05-16-2012, 01:10 AM
PS3. It's always PS3. Anyway, I also thought 4 player co-op was also confirmed, somewhat early on, but I guess I was wrong. I don't understand how people can look at the trailer and say AC:R looks better. AC:R still looks like a game. AC3 looks like it's all in CG. Plus, in terms of just pure graphics and realism (without shading, lighting, textures, etc.), AC3 looks amazing...Except for the snow on the guards clothes. They NEED to fix that. Everything else looks fine though. But the lighting is already better and more realistic than AC:R, and the textures, details, shading, and mapping will be touched up majorly here in Beta. That's exclusively what Beta is for. That, QA testing, and Marketing.

MaKaVeLiTL
05-16-2012, 04:33 AM
He's got the same jaw as Hulk in The Avengers, like he has

pacmanate
05-16-2012, 06:23 AM
He's got the same jaw as Hulk in The Avengers, like he has .

Don't use that word as an insult.

Black_Widow9
05-16-2012, 09:41 AM
He's got the same jaw as Hulk in The Avengers, like he has
I suggest you be respectful when you post.

MaKaVeLiTL
05-16-2012, 12:09 PM
Don't use that word as an insult.

It wasn't an insult, are you suggesting that if people have that condition they look bad?

I suggest you be respectful when you post.

I don't recall saying anything disrespectful.

pacmanate
05-16-2012, 01:40 PM
It wasn't an insult, are you suggesting that if people have that condition they look bad?

I don't recall saying anything disrespectful.

I think me and Black Widow both just mean the context you used it in.