PDA

View Full Version : AC3=new RDR?

THE_GT_DYNASTY
05-13-2012, 05:42 AM
All of the gameplay trailers so far of AC3 have reminded me a ton of Rockstar's Red Dead Redemption. There's gonna be a huge map, hunting animals, and you will be interacting with the wilderness more. From the trailer, (im assuming) you will be able to go into houses and the setting could give RDR's feel, which isn't a bad thing. I loved RDR and I think another game similar to it will do just as good.

beatledude210
05-13-2012, 05:54 AM
As much as I loved RDR, I am hoping AC3 will be AC3=New AC. Now don't get me wrong, It's great how AC3 is using similar features, but I want a new AC game, not a recycled red dead.

ProletariatPleb
05-13-2012, 05:59 AM
Well, the devs have stated that they had thought about animals but then a few months later Red Dead came out.
And I think, it's just a mini non-controllable thingy, similar to using those hanging things to turn(or hook and leap forward in case of Revelations) where we don't really have much control.

THE_GT_DYNASTY
05-13-2012, 06:01 AM
I couldn't agree more. If I see some RDR in AC3 though, I won't be complaining. RDR had great hunting and I woudn't mind seeing that feature in AC specifically because it was fun, easy, and you can do it without going into an actual mission. It also provides another way to make money.

THE_GT_DYNASTY
05-13-2012, 06:04 AM
Maybe it is but going into actual houses is something we've pretty much never seen before in AC and adds a new element to escape routes, finding ammunition or looking for things.

MetalCreed
05-13-2012, 06:54 AM
As much as I loved RDR, I am hoping AC3 will be AC3=New AC. Now don't get me wrong, It's great how AC3 is using similar features, but I want a new AC game, not a recycled red dead.
I agree completely.

Assassin's Creed should be Assassin's Creed.

Calvarok
05-13-2012, 07:24 AM
Red Dead Redemption is waaaaay more modern than AC3. It takes place just before WW1. AC3 is still in the 19th century.

ProletariatPleb
05-13-2012, 07:31 AM
Red Dead Redemption is waaaaay more modern than AC3. It takes place just before WW1. AC3 is still in the 19th century.
I think you mean 18th century, still, point stands, also...we free-run on trees :P

Calvarok
05-13-2012, 11:57 AM
I think you mean 18th century, still, point stands, also...we free-run on trees :P
Yeah. everything about the gameplay is different, so it's not really at all like RDR in any way.

reddragonhrcro
05-13-2012, 12:05 PM
Red Dead Redemption is is the second game,first was Red Dead Revolver.For those who wana know more about it.

Aphex_Tim
05-13-2012, 01:22 PM
Red Dead Redemption is is the second game,first was Red Dead Revolver.For those who wana know more about it.

I heard rumors about a third one: Red Dead Rebellion.
Could be something to look forward to.

Assassin_M
05-13-2012, 01:42 PM
I heard rumors about a third one: Red Dead Rebellion.
Could be something to look forward to.
several names have come up during the last months..
Red Dead Revolution
Red Dead Rebellion
Red Dead Revenge to name a few..
But do not expect to hear anything about a sequel anytime soon, though

roostersrule2
05-13-2012, 01:47 PM
several names have come up during the last months..
Red Dead Revolution
Red Dead Rebellion
Red Dead Revenge to name a few..
But do not expect to hear anything about a sequel anytime soon, though
I don't care if it's called Red Dead Rollercoaster as long as its as good as Red Dead Redemption then I will be happy as it's my second favourite game behind AC2 of course

Assassin_M
05-13-2012, 01:49 PM
I don't care if it's called Red Dead Rollercoaster as long as its as good as Red Dead Redemption then I will be happy as it's my second favourite game behind AC2 of course
To be completely honest, there was a time when I had Red Dead Redemption on the top of my Favorite games list :rolleyes:
Unfortunately, it still is, But AC III might just manage to topple it from No.1

mattscat16
05-13-2012, 01:56 PM
To be completely honest, there was a time when I had Red Dead Redemption on the top of my Favorite games list :rolleyes:
ya me too. its my #1 game. it was so addictive because of the open world atmosphere and the responsive gameplay. AC3 will probably be better tho

roostersrule2
05-13-2012, 01:56 PM
Unfortunately, it still is, But AC III might just manage to topple it from No.1Yea same here AC3 seems to be joining my 2 favourite games together to make a perfect game.

*EDIT-I don't think i've ever met someone who didn't like RDR.

playassassins1
05-13-2012, 02:30 PM

Lucky you, i know allot of people who don't like RDR. They only like COD.....

notafanboy
05-13-2012, 02:54 PM
ya me too. its my #1 game. it was so addictive because of the open world atmosphere and the responsive gameplay. AC3 will probably be better tho
John marston is one of the best characters in gaming, like ever. He couldnīt swim though which is a bit of a bummer

kriegerdesgottes
05-13-2012, 02:55 PM

That would be wonderful. For me it goes like this for top best games ever made

1. RDR
2. Batman Arkham City
3. ACII

I think ACIII has a good chance of dethroning at least one of those games if not 2. I don't know if there will be quite enough content and story to take down Red Dead but I say if it's similar to that game then it's doing something right already. Although I have to admit I'm not as super excited about running through the woods as I am about walking through Boston or New York but I am excited either way about the hunting and tree climbing.

playassassins1
05-13-2012, 03:04 PM
John marston is one of the best characters in gaming, like ever. He couldnīt swim though which is a bit of a bummer

I hope they continue the game with his son.

notafanboy
05-13-2012, 03:14 PM
I hope they continue the game with his son.
i didnīt like him very much, maybe its because we met him when he was an annoying little kid

rileypoole1234
05-13-2012, 03:34 PM
i didnīt like him very much, maybe its because we met him when he was an annoying little kid

Agreed. He should have thrown his son out of the barn instead of walking out.

playassassins1
05-13-2012, 03:45 PM
Agreed. He should have thrown his son out of the barn instead of walking out.

SPOILER!!

But he would have died anyway. If he escaped from the army, then they would chase him until they killed him. So it didn't really matter.

I actually like Jack, I think he acts just the same like his dad, a bit more brutal though. When he was a kid I did hate him, he was pretty annoying.

ToniTorsi
05-13-2012, 04:15 PM
Im sure Montreal would love being compared to one of their inspirations since it lets them know they're doing the right thing.

Red Dead Redemption changed Open World games forever. And that not overhyping it.

The mechanics they introduced AND the flawless way they executed it made it an instant phenomenon. Rockstar got it all right.

The immersiveness, the graphics (for a 2010 game), the physics, the ANIMATIONS, the animal ecosystem, the ridiculously massive maps, the voice acting, the gunplay/gameplay and the introduction of perfected interactive random NPC encounters made RDR seem ahead of its time.

A great source of inspiration on how to do things the right way.

My goodness... I can't even imagine how godly GTA 5 will be.

POP1Fan
05-13-2012, 04:22 PM
I hope not...I don't like Red Dead.It is a good game, but t just doesn't do it for me.

Now you have.

EscoBlades
05-13-2012, 06:00 PM
I didn't like RDR either, for a whole host of reasons.

The less AC3 is like RDR, the better.

reddragonhrcro
05-13-2012, 06:08 PM
Lucky you, i know allot of people who don't like RDR. They only like COD.....

Ah,COD zombies,those people donīt know what real gaming is.

JCearlyyears
05-13-2012, 06:12 PM
I didn't like RDR either, for a whole host of reasons.

The less AC3 is like RDR, the better.

I'm just curious, but may I ask why?

EscoBlades
05-13-2012, 10:19 PM
I'm just curious, but may I ask why?

The story wasn't all that compelling, and the controls (especially the horse ones) were so bad, they distracted from any mild enjoyment i might have had.

Assassin_M
05-13-2012, 10:21 PM
The story wasn't all that compelling, and the controls (especially the horse ones) were so bad, they distracted from any mild enjoyment i might have had.
Oh My God...
WE HAVE DIFFERENT OPINIONS ??? I never thought it possible :p
I really thought a guy like you would love Red Dead Redemption..

EscoBlades
05-13-2012, 10:26 PM
Oh My God...
WE HAVE DIFFERENT OPINIONS ??? I never thought it possible :p
I really thought a guy like you would love Red Dead Redemption..

I tried to....but by the time i had finished the game, i just wanted to throw the disc out of the window. I lasted 30 minutes on the multiplayer before i traded it in. So yeah, lol

Assassin_M
05-13-2012, 10:26 PM
I tried to....but by the time i had finished the game, i just wanted to throw the disc out of the window. I lasted 30 minutes on the multiplayer before i traded it in. So yeah, lol
That bad ? WoW :rolleyes:

notafanboy
05-13-2012, 10:27 PM

http://i48.tinypic.com/jgkvpy.jpg

Assassin_M
05-13-2012, 10:47 PM
More like this ^^

http://www.daytoncitypaper.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/Disc-Golf-throw.jpg

De Filosoof
05-13-2012, 11:11 PM
I agree.
The story was really lame and can somebody please explain what the multiplayer was all about?
When i tried it i got shot by random people, pretty boring, there was not really an incentive to play. To be honest, when i finished the story of the game i was pretty much done with it. I had to get used to the horseriding controls after playing assassin's creed but after a while i got used to it and loved it! In my opinions the best horseriding controls ever.
The controls felt so natural that i sometimes try to use the same controls with assassin's creed and jump of the horse all the time (lol).

JCearlyyears
05-14-2012, 12:43 AM
I thought that the story was lacking but I thought that all the controls but the character movement controls were good.

Assassin_M
05-14-2012, 12:44 AM
I thought that the story was lacking but I thought that all the controls but the character movement controls were good.
I never thought I`d meet so many dislikers for RDR..

Calvarok
05-14-2012, 01:11 AM
In my opinion, it's one of my favorite games with bad controls ever. The story was really long, and seemed to drag on at some points, but in the end it was all worth it. I felt very immersed. I agree that AC3 should not be like it in terms of control and story, (simply because AC's story has a very different and more focused tone) but in everything else, there's a lot of good things in RDR that it should keep in mind.

JCearlyyears
05-14-2012, 01:19 AM
I love RDR but I just don't care for the story or the movement controls. I think the facial animation is awesome, all around awesome animations. I think it is a great game, but that and gears of war have the worst character movement controls I have seen/played. There is a lot to love in RDR, in my opinion. It's one of my favorites. I'm hoping AC3 and the next ones will have better animations than RDR and be all around better than RDR.

naran6142
05-14-2012, 03:56 AM
I never thought I`d meet so many dislikers for RDR..

me neither, tho i dont like the MP either

masterfenix2009
05-14-2012, 04:16 AM
The story was what I loved most about the game. The horse controls were excellent. Just tap A :P. John Marston was a well written character. As were the rest of the characters. It was the first Rockstar game that I played that I liked someone else other then the protagonist. Unlike GTA4 were the only character I liked was Niko. And I only liked him a little bit. He took so much BS and never fought it. At least John Marston didn't tolerate the BS he was in.

MetalCreed
05-14-2012, 07:05 AM
The story was what I loved most about the game. The horse controls were excellent. Just tap A :P. John Marston was a well written character. As were the rest of the characters. It was the first Rockstar game that I played that I liked someone else other then the protagonist. Unlike GTA4 were the only character I liked was Niko. And I only liked him a little bit. He took so much BS and never fought it. At least John Marston didn't tolerate the BS he was in.

If there is one thing I REALLY want from RDR to be in AC3 is the horse gameplay/mechanics what not. The animation and everything felt so much more fluid and realistic.

Also 100th post lol.

True_Assassin92
05-14-2012, 08:43 AM
I loved RDR it was the first of its kind and pretty breathtaking. I also loved the mp. In free roam you could form up posse's with friends, finish some hideouts, kill other posse's and ride for miles and miles. Next to that you had competitive gameplay which was cool too. Running around with bags of gold...defending yourself... Oh I miss the high power pistol and the evans repeater:rolleyes:. I should play it once more :D.

roostersrule2
05-14-2012, 09:29 AM
I love RDR the story, gameplay and MP were all perfect the one thing I don't like is how I'm on 99.5% completion and can't work out for the life of me how to get 100% and yes i've done all the bounty hunter missions, the only thing I haven't done is when that nun gives you that cross but i'm not sure that counts for anything.

BRANDONxPRODIGY
05-14-2012, 11:07 PM
i hope so. ive putten so many hours into red dead redemption it just never gets old even when your at 100% completion

Limed_-
05-15-2012, 09:09 AM
Oh I miss the high power pistol

-_-

Mr_Shade
05-15-2012, 01:23 PM
I'm sure Red Dead does have a forum somewhere... ;)

Lets try and get back to the topic, since this is a AC forum ;)

woowu
05-15-2012, 04:09 PM
Well, the devs have stated that they had thought about animals but then a few months later Red Dead came out.

So even in this case, they weren't the first ones to think it since the R* San Diego staff thought about animals 4 years ahead of them.
For me it's different than with EscoBlades for example (how can you be frustrated with the best horse mechanics ever?), and I really hope ACIII is half of what RDR is in terms of gameplay, immersion and story.