PDA

View Full Version : my little theory

hippieslayer97
05-12-2012, 10:03 PM
OK so this is about on the america England argument

I know as a patriotic British person I will not go around slicing up red coats like there's no tomorrow but then I had a theory that ubisoft did this on purpose because on the games home page it says that you will get the option whether to go around slicy dicey or stealth about so im thinking they did this on purpose so us British will go stealth while the Americans will go slicy dicey so does anyone agree with me will you British sneak or slice and dice and you Americans will you sneak or will you go choppy choppy please be sensible and please for the love of god be mature thank you for reading and feel free to post your ideas at the bottom
ps sorry for any mistakes i made with this post

Assassin_M
05-12-2012, 10:06 PM
I hate my life..
Im sincerely sorry for whats about to follow, but...
THERE ARE TENS OF THREADS TALKING ABOUT THE AMERICANS AND BRITISH, YOU JUST NEEDED ONE MORE ? AND BETTER YET ITS THE MOST CONTROVERSIAL ONE... WHY ? JUST WHY ? WHY DO YOU CARE ?

hippieslayer97
05-12-2012, 10:08 PM
asking for maturity please not whining idiots like you

ProletariatPleb
05-12-2012, 10:09 PM
What's being British or American got to do with playing as a stealthy character or a warrior?
The series has always had the choice of playing how you want(except a few missions).

You talk about being mature and your post itself doesn't have a single mature expression.

Assassin_M
05-12-2012, 10:10 PM
asking for maturity please not whining idiots like you
Maturity ? Your Thread is not, in any sense, mature..
and Thank you for calling me a whinny Idiot, Welcome to the Forums, buddy..

De Filosoof
05-12-2012, 10:12 PM
OK so this is about on the america England argument

I know as a patriotic British person I will not go around slicing up red coats like there's no tomorrow but then I had a theory that ubisoft did this on purpose because on the games home page it says that you will get the option whether to go around slicy dicey or stealth about so im thinking they did this on purpose so us British will go stealth while the Americans will go slicy dicey so does anyone agree with me will you British sneak or slice and dice and you Americans will you sneak or will you go choppy choppy please be sensible and please for the love of god be mature thank you for reading and feel free to post your ideas at the bottom
ps sorry for any mistakes i made with this post

Dude....What is it why you're so proud of your country? Because you're coincidentally born there?
Ever thought what it is why you think your country is more important than other countries in the world?
Ever considered we are all human beings sharing the same planet?
What's next? Are you also gonna tell me you're a christian and that christianity is the only good and true religion in the world?

Vex_Assassin
05-12-2012, 10:25 PM
No. Just no. Ubisoft said you'll have the ability to play stealthy or not. The purpose is to give freedom to the players so you can decide whether you want to play stealthy or if you want to just Rambo all the way through your target. I don't think Ubisoft ever considered "Alright guys, Brits are going to be offended if we ask them to kill Red Coats so let's put in some stealth for them so they can only kill the targets. And for the Americans, we'll give Connor the most brutal ways of killing so they can sastisfy their thirst for British blood."

she-assassin
05-12-2012, 10:25 PM
Oh my, not again. Religious and patriotic arguments will never get old, will they? Was it the same here when AC1 was about to come out? Christian vs. Muslim? European vs. Middle-Eastern? Or with AC2? Venetian vs. Florentian? Really? :rolleyes:

ProletariatPleb
05-12-2012, 10:28 PM
Oh my, not again. Religious and patriotic arguments will never get old, will they? Was it the same here when AC1 was about to come out? Christian vs. Muslim? European vs. Middle-Eastern? Or with AC2? Venetian vs. Florentian? Really? :rolleyes:
Sadly, no, it's only when America and UK are there, the worst that happened during the time of Revelations was about using "Istanbul" instead of "Constantinople" and asking for Turkish subtitles...they didn't complain about an Italian killing Turks.

De Filosoof
05-12-2012, 10:37 PM
Sadly, no, it's only when America and UK are there, the worst that happened during the time of Revelations was about using "Istanbul" instead of "Constantinople" and asking for Turkish subtitles...they didn't complain about an Italian killing Turks.

If i remember correctly there were also some complaints about Ezio helping the Ottomans.

ProletariatPleb
05-12-2012, 10:39 PM
If i remember correctly there were also some complaints about Ezio helping the Ottomans.
I don't remember that, but I don't think that was a major issue, look at this American-British thingy..thread after thread complaining about a thing nobody really cares about except people that dwell in the past or something...

n00bfi_97
05-12-2012, 10:54 PM
Why do you even care if we're killing Brits? Nobody cares; it's a video-game. Seriously, grow up. The only immature, whiny idiot is the OP because cares so much about 'not wanting to slay his fellow countrymen'. Aside from the fact that these 'fellow countrymen' are completely virtual, life's not that easy. It doesn't matter who you kill; a person is a person. Like I said, grow up and grow some balls.

EDIT:

i guess some people think british are worth more than others... or maybe they´re just slow

Oh. If that's the case their opinions should be discarded. My God, freedom of speech, saving the lives of inferior people since the Declaration of the Rights of Man...

notafanboy
05-12-2012, 10:59 PM
i guess some people think british are worth more than others... or maybe they´re just slow

dxsxhxcx
05-12-2012, 11:07 PM
you should be glad they're doing this for you then, play in a stealthy way is way better than be an unstoppable war machine... :)

itsamea-mario
05-12-2012, 11:29 PM
So if a game was set in England you wouldn't kill anyone who was english?
Why the F*** does it matter their nationality, they're protecting your enemies, the templars, who by the way are on both sides of the war, and if they protect your enemies then they are your enemies.
you piece of something not very nice!! Nyeh.

Assassin_M
05-12-2012, 11:30 PM
http://files.g4tv.com/ImageDb3/284344_LGST/assassins-creed-revelations.jpg
This was my face when he called me a whinny idiot..

n00bfi_97
05-12-2012, 11:48 PM
​Gee, I wonder why he's not replying.

Serrachio
05-12-2012, 11:57 PM
Oh lookie here. Yet another America vs. Britain thread. Let me paste my reply from an earlier thread to drive the final nail in the coffin hopefully.

What people don't seem to realize is that only towards the end of the conflict there were "Americans".

Before then, everyone was British. I'm British myself, but I'm not *****ing that British people were killed. Why is that? Because this all happened in the past, and complaining about who gets killed or what nation gets killed in a game is pointless.

You can't physically go back in time and change the outcome, so stop complaining about it here and now, when a game addresses the war and the time period.

If you can't face the fact that people who share the same country as you were fighting and losing their lives, either suck it up or don't buy the game. Ubisoft aren't going to suffer because you had second thoughts.

playassassins1
05-12-2012, 11:58 PM
I'm starting to think that someone will make an English version of America F- yeah.

People shouldn't be complaining about this. Its just a game, and you shouldn't be so childish about this. Just because Ubisoft focused on the Redcoats doesn't mean you'll only be killing Redcoats...

I can't wait until Ubisoft shows a trailer where Connor kills colonials.....

Serrachio
05-13-2012, 12:03 AM
I'm starting to think that someone will make an English version of America F- yeah.

People shouldn't be complaining about this. Its just a game, and you shouldn't be so childish about this. Just because Ubisoft focused on the Redcoats doesn't mean you'll only be killing Redcoats...

I can't wait until Ubisoft shows a trailer where Connor kills colonials.....

Sipping tea. **** YEAH
Witty, sarcastic humour. **** YEAH
Queen Elizabeth **** YEAH
Proper state-funded healthcare **** YEAH
Original, non-stolen TV shows **** YEAH

Shall I go on?

Assassin_M
05-13-2012, 12:22 AM
​Gee, I wonder why he's not replying.
For his sake, I sure hope he doesn't..

naran6142
05-13-2012, 12:30 AM
Thread Fail...

Locopells
05-13-2012, 12:43 AM
Somebody pass me the petrol can and a lighter...

Serrachio
05-13-2012, 12:44 AM
The title makes me think of this.

"My little theory... I used to wonder what logic could be, until you all shared common sense with me..." :D

De Filosoof
05-13-2012, 12:54 AM
Sipping tea. **** YEAH
Witty, sarcastic humour. **** YEAH
Queen Elizabeth **** YEAH
Proper state-funded healthcare **** YEAH
Original, non-stolen TV shows **** YEAH

Shall I go on?

:D

Acrimonious_Nin
05-13-2012, 01:31 AM
I thought he had something to contribute to the whole AC WTF moments we all try to figure out...>_> I'm sad...

Assassin_M
05-13-2012, 01:45 AM
I thought he had something to contribute to the whole AC WTF moments we all try to figure out...>_> I'm sad...
Yeah ? me too

De Filosoof
05-13-2012, 02:13 AM
Oefff... Must have been a big let-down when you read the actual content :P.

Aphex_Tim
05-13-2012, 06:49 AM
We killed English soldiers in AC1.
Never heard any complaints about that.

NinjaSpartanII
05-13-2012, 06:54 AM

Yeah i agree, but some will argue that it is because they were an older group, not similar to the modern English. But neither are the ones from 1776.

ProletariatPleb
05-13-2012, 06:55 AM
Yep, and French too.

Aphex_Tim
05-13-2012, 07:33 AM
Yep, and French too.

And Germans... but we're quite used to killing Germans in video games, aren't we? :P
(No offense intended of course)

ProletariatPleb
05-13-2012, 07:35 AM
And Germans... but we're quite used to killing Germans in video games, aren't we? :P
Oh yeah, played Sniper Elite V2, killed plenty of Germans and Russians with a 5minute cutscene of their funeral everytime, nobody cried about that :P

siddharthx64
05-13-2012, 08:34 AM
Brits vs Americans???
You nittwits, you all were brits at the time of the setting of AC3...
:/
Grow up!
This is just Brits Killing off other Brits!
:P

ProletariatPleb
05-13-2012, 08:42 AM
Brits vs Americans???
Grow up!
Exactly.

pdw1992
05-13-2012, 09:16 AM
Alright let's agree on a few things.

1. Both America and the UK are BA in their own rights.
2. There is nothing wrong with holding pride for your respective country, so long as it is not irrationally drawn out in conversation.

Now, assuming that this is agreed upon we may now focus on the ridiculousness of these types of threads/arguments. For starters, it doesn't make sense when anyone says "I love [insert country of origin here] and I am against [insert game title here] because they're depicting fictionalized versions of my ancestors, I may or may not know anything about to begin with, being killed/harmed in some manner." Again, there is nothing wrong with loving your country of origin [CO], but it becomes a logical fallacy when a person equates killing fictional versions of their countrymen to actually killing countrymen. It also carries with it a rather nasty implication that other people from the same CO who play this game by killing the fictionalized ancestors are in someway less patriotic than you.

Also, as others have pointed out many times, America did not become a nation until the year 1783. Although, I'm sure there are some people who would argue that the nation was founded in 1776 with the signing of the Declaration of Independence (which really was just the most eloquently written way of saying 'bite me' to King George III), that argument is simply not true. So, in reality the "American War for Independence" was, as others have referred to it, a "civil war on foreign soil." in other, words: it's British vs. British (with other varying demographics such as Irish, Dutch, Native American, German, etc.).

So, God save the Queen and God bless the USA. Everyone have a wonderful day or night.

SaintPerkele
05-13-2012, 09:52 AM
Oh, I enjoyed killing Germans quite a lot actually, as AC1 was one of the only games where we were not depicted as nazis :P Also, back then I was really amazed that the German used in-game was flawless. By now I'm used to having perfect accents and languages in the AC franchise, but in 2007, that was something rather unique for a game.

Acrimonious_Nin
05-13-2012, 02:47 PM
Brits vs Americans???
Grow up!

Welcome to the forums. You are generalizing, therefore you are wrong. I am not of british descent.... >_> and I was born and raised in the Americas.

ProletariatPleb
05-13-2012, 02:49 PM
Welcome to the forums. You are generalizing, therefore you are wrong. I am not of british descent.... >_> and I was born and raised in the Americas.
Uhm..that was sarcasm Acrimonious.

Acrimonious_Nin
05-13-2012, 02:55 PM
^ why did I not see that coming ? sorry....>_>

UrDeviant1
05-13-2012, 04:13 PM
Meh, he only gave a theory on why he thinks the stealth aspect Is In the game, It did kinda make him seem self-important but there's no reason for everyone to jump on him like that.

M, your first reply was unnecessary, you could see he was new to the forums, you could have just directed him to a thread where this Is already being discussed.

There some of you were, giving Pacmanate advice about bullying, and yet you go and ebully this poor sod. -1 for all ;)

kudos17
05-13-2012, 04:38 PM
All I know is that all this "American Patriotism" stuff does not anger me in the least.

But if we kill a lot of colonists and I start hearing around the Internet, "What? You're making us kill Americans? But they're the good guys!" I'm gonna go freakin' mad with rage. And I say that as an American. Blind patriotism FTW... not...

On that note, I know the OP is long gone, but don't think every American player will just slaughter redcoats. I certainly will do my best to avoid trouble unless absolutely necessary, like I did in AC1. Turned out to be really fun, actually. With the addition of more stealth and non-lethal takedowns, it's sure to be even better.

Aphex_Tim
05-13-2012, 05:05 PM
I certainly will do my best to avoid trouble unless absolutely necessary, like I did in AC1. Turned out to be really fun, actually. With the addition of more stealth and non-lethal takedowns, it's sure to be even better.

Same here; partly because i always feel kinda bad killing random guards/soldiers, especially the Ottoman guards in ACR.
Funny isn't it, i dislike killing and try to avoid it as much as possible in a game called "Assassin's" Creed.

Assassin_M
05-13-2012, 06:30 PM
M, your first reply was unnecessary, you could see he was new to the forums, you could have just directed him to a thread where this Is already being discussed.

There some of you were, giving Pacmanate advice about bullying, and yet you go and ebully this poor sod. -1 for all ;)

My post may have been unnecessary, but it certainly did not deserve the reply It got ..
And trust me, any other post from me would`v resulted in the same reaction from him/her, given that attitude..
I regret Nothing..
and gimme a break, my reply was hardly bullying...

reddragonhrcro
05-13-2012, 06:35 PM
Same here; partly because i always feel kinda bad killing random guards/soldiers, especially the Ottoman guards in ACR.
Funny isn't it, i dislike killing and try to avoid it as much as possible in a game called "Assassin's" Creed.

Yeah,on MGS games i purely go for non-leathal gameplay.Tought i like to prank the guards:p

OriginalMiles
05-13-2012, 06:46 PM
There is no reason...
I'm british, but I'm gonna murder the hell out of the redcoats, because, honestly, back then we were kind of d***s.

freddie_1897
05-13-2012, 06:55 PM
There is no reason...
I'm british, but I'm gonna murder the hell out of the redcoats, because, honestly, back then we were kind of d***s.
how dare you, all we did was murder loads of people, force them to change religion and make them pay taxes for an empire where they were considered 2nd class citizens.

stevie-jay
05-13-2012, 07:06 PM
Still not sure why anybody cares... it's a videogame, not real life. : /

freddie_1897
05-13-2012, 07:08 PM
Still not sure why anybody cares... it's a videogame, not real life. : /
yeah, but a sensitive topic is the same in any form. i know this is a different example but if there was a game where you went around playing as hitler and killing jewish people then there would be complaints.

reddragonhrcro
05-13-2012, 07:12 PM
Yeah,theres always a situation like it,like on RE5 where all people were calling it racist for killing black people(which were controlled by parasites) in Africa.Its not the fact that they are black but that those things are trying to kill you!Therefore was Sheva added in the game as she is black and some of the enemies were white also.

OriginalMiles
05-13-2012, 07:13 PM
how dare you, all we did was murder loads of people, force them to change religion and make them pay taxes for an empire where they were considered 2nd class citizens.
Not sure if serious...

freddie_1897
05-13-2012, 07:16 PM
Not sure if serious...
of course I'm not being serious, wasn't it obvious?

reddragonhrcro
05-13-2012, 07:17 PM
Yeah,theres always a situation like it,like on RE5 where all people were calling it racist for killing black people(which were controlled by parasites) in Africa.Its not the fact that they are black but that those things are trying to kill you!Therefore was Sheva added in the game as she is black and some of the enemies were white also.

In case if someone missed it out.

FilipinoNinja67
05-13-2012, 07:20 PM
Well me being a stealth nerd I will probably go around sneaky sneaky like I have been in the past AC games since I feel like the Assassin's are disciplined but if I see a bunch of soldiers (british or british colonists) doing something unjust I will definitly, "go slicey", on them.

OriginalMiles
05-13-2012, 07:33 PM
of course I'm not being serious, wasn't it obvious?
It was obvious, but I'm not really good at telling if people are being serious or sarcastic.