PDA

View Full Version : Arctic strike DLC for PC?

ecma4
05-12-2012, 06:08 PM
Ubisoft has announced the first DLC for Future Soldier. (here (http://ghost-recon.ubi.com/gr-portal/en-GB/news/news_detail.aspx?c=tcm:21-48593&ct=tcm:6-231-32)) This is great news, more maps and game modes means more fun. As is typical with UBI, there is no mention about a PC version, only XBOX and PS3. The GRAW series had a bunch of DLC that was never released on PC. Can we expect this content to come out on PC? If so, when? Why were we not mentioned in the announcement? Thanks.

Nexolate
05-12-2012, 06:09 PM
Considering that GRFS shares the same engine and core experience as the console versions, I think it's a safe bet that we'll see the DLC at some point. The PC version of GRAW after all was made by a completely seperate studio using a completely seperate engine. It wasn't even a TPS!

Regards,
Nexo

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
05-12-2012, 07:21 PM
As the PC version is coming later than the console versions, announcements will be separate, but it should still share the same features, just enhanced for PC. I'll check for you for the DLC.

skywarp00
05-13-2012, 03:47 PM
any further news on steam release mush?

ecma4
05-13-2012, 04:59 PM
As the PC version is coming later than the console versions, announcements will be separate, but it should still share the same features, just enhanced for PC. I'll check for you for the DLC.

Thanks Mush, as always, its appreciated.

It would be nice if fans didn't have to come on here to ask these questions every time UBI announces something. Why can't they just say: "The PC version will release at a later date" or something similar. I'd like some form of commitment to the PC version of Future Soldier. We want to be excited about this game.

Tactical_Hotdog
05-13-2012, 08:25 PM
with every passing day, we should be getting more excited, not more agitated, losing faith here Ubi....meh

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
05-13-2012, 08:31 PM
any further news on steam release mush?

Steam has not been announced, but other Ubisoft games are Steam so it's just a case of waiting.

I'm still waiting on an answer for DLC.

GuZZ33
05-14-2012, 09:11 AM
If we get the PC version of Arctic Strike?, wiil the DLC have DirectX 11 support?.

ecma4
05-25-2012, 05:15 PM
Does Ubisoft know if this DLC is coming to the PC yet?

Nexolate
05-25-2012, 07:41 PM
Does Ubisoft know if this DLC is coming to the PC yet?

I'd be extremely surprised if they didn't bring it to PC, considering how little work it would take to port the content across.

...Besides, I want my F2000 and Mk. 17 PDW. =<

Regards,
Nexo

ecma4
05-30-2012, 05:49 AM
GameStop is taking pre-orders (http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-Ghost+Recon+Future+Soldier+Arctic+Strike+Map+Pack+ DLC) for Arctic strike now, but the PC version is missing from their site. Not a good sign. I would love some confirmation (either way) from ubi.