PDA

View Full Version : A rather interesting spot..

Assassin_M
05-12-2012, 12:28 AM
http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/9498/shotrg.png
Hmm a Poster...
Perhaps a Bounty ? perhaps a bounty on you ? or maybe nothing at all..

let the speculation begin !!
Oh and I`ll be sure to post any other rather interesting spots from the trailer..

Vex_Assassin
05-12-2012, 12:38 AM
It does look like the posters in AC2 and ACB, but I thought the devs said they took them out from the game, atleast for decreasing notoriety. I might be wrong though. Maybe it's some kind of poster for a merchant or some kind of guild ...

If they do come back as part of the notoriety system, I hope you won't find posters on top of buildings because you know ... No one's really suppose to be on rooftops except you and guards. They should be on street level.

Assassin_M
05-12-2012, 12:43 AM
It does look like the posters in AC2 and ACB, but I thought the devs said they took them out from the game, atleast for decreasing notoriety. I might be wrong though. Maybe it's some kind of poster for a merchant or some kind of guild ...

If they do come back as part of the notoriety system, I hope you won't find posters on top of buildings because you know ... No one's really suppose to be on rooftops except you and guards. They should be on street level.
Only one thought on my mind..
Bounty Hunting

CrazySN
05-12-2012, 12:54 AM
I recall the AC3 team saying that you could do multiple side-missions at a time similar to how you do it in Skyrim. It would be cool if these posters are the new Assassination Target missions like in past AC games. I just hope they don't include pointless side missions like carrying crates to one side to another like in AC:R.

Assassin_M
05-12-2012, 12:58 AM
I recall the AC3 team saying that you could do multiple side-missions at a time similar to how you do it in Skyrim. It would be cool if these posters are the new Assassination Target missions like in past AC games. I just hope they don't include pointless side missions like carrying crates to one side to another like in AC:R.
Personally I wouldnt mind the crates bit, on the condition of them not being the only type of random quests..
Red Dead Redemption NUFF SAID !!

DoNNiEDaRkO50
05-12-2012, 01:06 AM
http://i48.tinypic.com/51at7c.jpg
U saw the dog ?

Assassin_M
05-12-2012, 01:09 AM
^^^^^ 0_o OMG !!!
That is one Hot Dog xD
Good eyes, man 'thumbs up'

Vex_Assassin
05-12-2012, 01:09 AM
Only one thought on my mind..
Bounty Hunting
I really think bounty hunting would be awesome! It would definetely be a new and fresh way to implement the Assassinations missions.

DoNNiEDaRkO50
05-12-2012, 01:10 AM
^^^^^ 0_o OMG !!!
That is one Hot Dog xD
Good eyes, man 'thumbs up'
Loool ,,, I think the animals are going to look so realistic in the game ,, I hope so

Vex_Assassin
05-12-2012, 01:12 AM
Loool ,,, I think the animals are going to look so realistic in the game ,, I hope so

I was impressed by the new horses and the bear we saw, they really look realistic.

Assassin_M
05-12-2012, 01:12 AM
I really think bounty hunting would be awesome! It would definetely be a new and fresh way to implement the Assassinations missions.

Oh yes..

If the Bear is anything to go by, then YES YES YES YES YES YES !!!

DoNNiEDaRkO50
05-12-2012, 01:13 AM
I was impressed by the new horses and the bear we saw, they really look realistic.

for real man ,, I thought the bear scene was A CG! THE new engine is just fantastic !

Assassin_M
05-12-2012, 01:22 AM
Ugly Graphics My *** :p

DoNNiEDaRkO50
05-12-2012, 01:22 AM
Ugly Graphics My *** :p
This !!!

ProletariatPleb
05-12-2012, 03:28 AM
**** templar bears!

Oh and awesome dog spot and poster.

Legendz54
05-12-2012, 03:46 AM
That thing is Massive!! I wonder what it will do if i decide to evade it and climb a tree? Black bears can climb trees but i don't think grizzly's can.

http://oyster.ignimgs.com/mediawiki/apis.ign.com/assassins-creed-3/thumb/5/57/Bear.jpg/468px-Bear.jpg

SixKeys
05-12-2012, 04:01 AM
That thing is Massive!! I wonder what it will do if i decide to evade it and climb a tree? Black bears can climb trees but i don't think grizzly's can.

It can't climb it if you choose a thin birch tree, for example. Assassinating it from above might be tricky, though, you'd have to waste a lot of arrows (unless of course you could air assassinate it with your hidden blade, but that sounds too easy).

Bounty hunting would be awesome, especially if all the posters were different and you would have to recognize your target among the crowd. I hope that's what the poster is indicating. Keep in mind it could just be background decoration though, like "buy Tony's tomatoes" or something. :p

roostersrule2
05-12-2012, 06:22 AM
This game seems to have a lot things from RDR (I know that animals were thought of in AC3 before RDR came out) but if that's true the awesome because if there's one game I want AC to take pointers of its definitely RDR.

pacmanate
05-12-2012, 08:58 AM
Anyone notice in that picture with the dog and Connor on a horse, how realistic the brick work was?!

Steww-
05-12-2012, 09:53 AM
Nice spot. If it's anything at all, my current bet would be on bounty hunting. Though I'm going to be pessimistic for this game and say it's nothing xD

ProletariatPleb
05-12-2012, 10:16 AM
Anyone notice in that picture with the dog and Connor on a horse, how realistic the brick work was?!
Err...maybe I'm missing your point entirely, but, this is FEAR, 2005:
http://i.imgur.com/vyLv9.jpg

pacmanate
05-12-2012, 12:14 PM
^ Im not comparing to other games I am saying it's a first in an AC game.

De Filosoof
05-12-2012, 12:28 PM

Looks more like shiny plastic.
The wall textures in AC games have always been great.

Serrachio
05-12-2012, 12:29 PM
I would like it so that if the bear spots you and tries to attack you, you shouldn't be able to climb a tree and air assassinate it, since it could just paw swipe you out of the air.

If it isn't aware though, you have the element of surprise, so you should be able to kill it that way.

One thing I would also like in air assassinations is if there's something in the way that will block it, Connor will use it as a stepping stone etc. I find it slightly jarring that Ezio would always stop his assassination because he landed in the way of a beam, either on top of it or to the side, sending him in an acrobatic stance or falling to the ground. Connor should be able to bound from the rooftop, onto the beam and then bounce off of it on top of his target.

If he lands on the side of the beam, he should swing on it like the trees in the the gameplay trailer or on the metal poles from the other games and leap onto his target to kill them, keeping the momentum.

As well as this, maybe they could implement the side of walls into kill animations? I would love to see Connor counter a guard next to a wall and implement it into his kill animation. I can just imagine Connor running up the side of the wall and turning around to kick his enemy in the face, before using his weapon to kill them while they're dazed.

Acrimonious_Nin
05-12-2012, 02:43 PM
I am thinking that if they bring back something from AC:R it should be the ground explosive mechanics(tripwire bomb) for a bear trap.

@Assassin_M's OP pic. - I did a bit of research and there usually was a bounty hunter in the 1770's, in the Americas, that would go around collecting bounty, so it obviously may be possible that it is a bounty poster. The natives also saw this as a form of ''white intrusion'' on their lands.

notafanboy
05-12-2012, 03:31 PM
I would like it so that if the bear spots you and tries to attack you, you shouldn't be able to climb a tree and air assassinate it, since it could just paw swipe you out of the air.

If it isn't aware though, you have the element of surprise, so you should be able to kill it that way.

One thing I would also like in air assassinations is if there's something in the way that will block it, Connor will use it as a stepping stone etc. I find it slightly jarring that Ezio would always stop his assassination because he landed in the way of a beam, either on top of it or to the side, sending him in an acrobatic stance or falling to the ground. Connor should be able to bound from the rooftop, onto the beam and then bounce off of it on top of his target.

If he lands on the side of the beam, he should swing on it like the trees in the the gameplay trailer or on the metal poles from the other games and leap onto his target to kill them, keeping the momentum.

As well as this, maybe they could implement the side of walls into kill animations? I would love to see Connor counter a guard next to a wall and implement it into his kill animation. I can just imagine Connor running up the side of the wall and turning around to kick his enemy in the face, before using his weapon to kill them while they're dazed.

this ! I donīt think bounty hunting sounds like something an assassins would do though

SaintPerkele
05-12-2012, 04:18 PM
Can we not just rename this "interesting screens from the gameplay trailer"? Because I almost didn't click on the thread and would have missed some really interesting finds.

Considering the poster.. I enjoy the idea of bounty hunting and it made me think of this screen immediately:
http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120329075157/assassinscreed/images/5/5e/ACIII-GI_%286%29.jpgWhy else would Connor be spying on some apparently normal guys unless they are some criminals he's hunting? Ooh, I think we might be onto something here.

Vex_Assassin
05-12-2012, 04:55 PM

If they implement the walls in the kill animations, I hope we can counter a guard and smash his face on the wall! :p

Acrimonious_Nin
05-12-2012, 04:58 PM
That pic makes me wonder if we will have different bows....

OT: It seems that this would make sense(the bounty thing). That poster was probably a mission, and most likely should be an ''icon'' for a mission in the map. Unless those guys are Templars, and they are supplying them with ''stuff'', but I doubt the latter.

notafanboy
05-12-2012, 04:58 PM
If they implement the walls in the kill animations, I hope we can counter a guard and smash his face on the wall! :p
kinda like in Arkham city ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9uSkhMSSiU

De Filosoof
05-12-2012, 05:09 PM
Can we not just rename this "interesting screens from the gameplay trailer"? Because I almost didn't click on the thread and would have missed some really interesting finds.

Considering the poster.. I enjoy the idea of bounty hunting and it made me think of this screen immediately:
Why else would Connor be spying on some apparently normal guys unless they are some criminals he's hunting? Ooh, I think we might be onto something here.

Connor playing police? Noooooooooo!!!
It's not batman.

SixKeys
05-12-2012, 05:14 PM
It's not batman.

It's been said that Connor is driven by justice and his sense of duty to the common people. Bringing hardened criminals to justice sounds like it would suit his character. Especially if some of them were known to be aiding Templars (like smugglers).

De Filosoof
05-12-2012, 05:19 PM
It's been said that Connor is driven by justice and his sense of duty to the common people. Bringing hardened criminals to justice sounds like it would suit his character. Especially if some of them were known to be aiding Templars (like smugglers).

Yeah it could work as long as there's a good reason for it (like information about the templars).

SaintPerkele
05-12-2012, 06:13 PM
It's not batman.
In AC1, Altair was saving people who were getting harrassed by guards. In AC2, Ezio was beating up cheating husbands for justice and delivering letters for money. Connor hunting criminals (or other people he considers as a thread to the "duty to the common people" SixKeys mentioned) for both justice and money doesn't seem that off.

I doubt that he'll hunt anyone who is on a Wanted-poster though, only those which deserve it in his opinion. We will surely not see Connor killing someone who was stealing an apple.

Assassin_M
05-12-2012, 06:16 PM
In AC1, Altair was saving people who were getting harrassed by guards. In AC2, Ezio was beating up cheating husbands for justice and delivering letters for money. Connor hunting criminals (or other people he considers as a thread to the "duty to the common people" SixKeys mentioned) for both justice and money doesn't seem that off.

I doubt that he'll hunt anyone who is on a Wanted-poster though, only those which deserve it in his opinion. We will surely not see Connor killing someone who was stealing an apple.
I dont think someone who stole an apple would wind up on a wanted poster xD

SaintPerkele
05-12-2012, 06:23 PM
Maybe it was a really tasty apple :D

Okay, bad example. But a native chief for example who tried to resist the conial forces could end up on such a Wanted-poster and Connor would definitely not try to assassinate him, no matter how much money he would receive.

Assassin_M
05-12-2012, 06:25 PM

Okay, bad example. But a native chief for example who tried to resist the conial forces could end up on such a Wanted-poster and Connor would definitely not try to assassinate him, no matter how much money he would receive.
Alright now thats a better example..

SixKeys
05-12-2012, 07:01 PM

Not necessarily. We know you will be fighting natives in this game, not just colonials. Connor will fight even his own people if they are corrupt or detrimental to the assassins' cause.

BBALive
05-12-2012, 07:03 PM

That's a PC screenshot with Parallax mapping turned on.
This is from Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl
http://i.imgur.com/w55JM.jpg

Vex_Assassin
05-12-2012, 07:48 PM
kinda like in Arkham city ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9uSkhMSSiU
Yeah that would be nice

Mr_Shade
05-12-2012, 07:50 PM
This game seems to have a lot things from RDR (I know that animals were thought of in AC3 before RDR came out) but if that's true the awesome because if there's one game I want AC to take pointers of its definitely RDR.I'm sure the Devs won't mind me saying this..

At the press preview, a few months back, they addressed the RDR "thing"

The game had already started development, with many things already in place, such as hunting and skinning animals for trade.. When rockstar announced RDR.. With similar things..

So while I know some of you won't believe me, but great minds do think alike when the setting is very similar,,

Assassin_M
05-12-2012, 07:54 PM
I'm sure the Devs won't mind me saying this..

The game had already started development, with many things already in place, such as hunting and skinning animals for trade.. When rockstar announced RDR.. With similar things..

So while I know some of you won't believe me, but great minds do think alike when the setting is very similar,,
Hopefully They took pointers from Red Dead As well..
Wouldnt be a bad thing really..

Mr_Shade
05-12-2012, 08:01 PM
that they didn't say...

They know a lot of people will be comparing them though...

Time will tell :D

BBALive
05-12-2012, 08:09 PM
I'm sure the Devs won't mind me saying this..

That's a lie. RDR was hinted at in '05, production began in '08. AC3 was worked on as soon as AC2 shipped in '09.

Assassin_M
05-12-2012, 08:13 PM
That's a lie. RDR was hinted at in '05, production began in '08. AC3 was worked on as soon as AC2 shipped in '09.
I recommend a less hostile tone..
Red dead Redemption was revealed, with its features and what not, in 2009, thus revealing the hunting aspect..
as for AC III, you never heard of drafts and concepts ? The concept of Hunting in AC III may have been thought of far before Red Dead revealed it..
In 2005 no one but Rockstar knew that Red Dead would have hunting..

BBALive
05-12-2012, 08:19 PM
I recommend a less hostile tone..
Red dead Redemption was revealed, with its features and what not, in 2009, thus revealing the hunting aspect..
as for AC III, you never heard of drafts and concepts ? The concept of Hunting in AC III may have been thought of far before Red Dead revealed it..
In 2005 no one but Rockstar knew that Red Dead would have hunting..

To be clear, I wasn't saying that AC3 directly copied RDR. I was saying that what Mr. Shade said does not match up with the dates.

Assassin_M
05-12-2012, 08:20 PM
To be clear, I wasn't saying that AC3 directly copied RDR. I was saying that what Mr. Shade said does not match up with the dates.
I provided a likely explanation..

BBALive
05-12-2012, 08:22 PM
I provided a likely explanation..

Concepts and drafts =/= development.

That's pre-production.

Assassin_M
05-12-2012, 08:24 PM
Concepts and drafts =/= development.

That's pre-production.
Oh I now I understand your view better..
But that still may mean that Ubi had no idea that Red Dead would have hunting..

Mr_Shade
05-12-2012, 08:33 PM
Which is what was said...

Dont forget that ideas and storylines may have been about for years...

Also each studio does closely guard gameplay ideas...

So let's not try and face off games in a similar vein, after all we as gamers benefit ;)

BBALive
05-12-2012, 08:40 PM
Oh I now I understand your view better..
But that still may mean that Ubi had no idea that Red Dead would have hunting..

I know, I know. Don't worry I'm not going to start preaching that Ubi are copying off Red Dead. I'm sure they way they utilise the similar mechanics will be unique .

Assassin_M
05-12-2012, 08:41 PM
I know, I know. Don't worry I'm not going to start preaching that Ubi are copying off Red Dead. I'm sure they way they utilise the similar mechanics will be unique .
Yeah Im really looking forward to the Track and trap concept :D

Assassin_M
05-12-2012, 09:46 PM
http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/3711/vlcsnap2012051223h22m48.png
Who else sees the lady ? I guess these houses wont be empty..

http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/4581/vlcsnap2012051223h25m02.png
Sly Bastard..
just another example of the revamped Facial animation

I still fail to see how the graphics suck..

Vex_Assassin
05-12-2012, 09:59 PM
It would be really dull if the houses were empty ... And I agree with you M, the facial animations look torrific and beside some people of the community, I really think the graphics are awesome!

JCearlyyears
05-12-2012, 10:14 PM
Has anyone else noticed the cart thing in the picture above? I think we may see horses carrying carts and if so probably wagons. Also it looks like the clothes are a lot more realistic with wrinkling and blowing in the wind .

ProletariatPleb
05-12-2012, 10:17 PM
Has anyone else noticed the cart thing in the picture above? I think we may see horses carrying carts and if so probably wagons. Also it looks like the clothes are a lot more realistic with wrinkling and blowing in the wind .
They did confirm carts I believe that we can use them to get across the street without touching the ground and also slide under them..like..when being chased or when we feel like...

De Filosoof
05-12-2012, 10:17 PM
http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/3711/vlcsnap2012051223h22m48.png
Who else sees the lady ? I guess these houses wont be empty..

http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/4581/vlcsnap2012051223h25m02.png
Sly Bastard..
just another example of the revamped Facial animation

I still fail to see how the graphics suck..

Don't worry, you don't have to.
The graphics are great :).

JCearlyyears
05-12-2012, 10:30 PM
Oh. I don't listen to the confirmations so I didn't know. I don't read the articles.

SaintPerkele
05-13-2012, 10:09 AM
Searched for this screenshot pretty much everywhere but no official site or the wiki seems to have it, found it on the forums eventually though.
http://www.gamerzona.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/As-4.jpg
So as said above: Yes, there will be carts and they will be interactive too.

ProletariatPleb
05-13-2012, 10:41 AM
Searched for this screenshot pretty much everywhere but no official site or the wiki seems to have it, found it on the forums eventually though.
http://www.gamerzona.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/As-4.jpg
So as said above: Yes, there will be carts and they will be interactive too.
I've seen this one before, I'm pretty sure

roostersrule2
05-13-2012, 10:46 AM
Well they said we will be sliding under and jumping on top of moving carts and wagons which is great because it means the environment will come into play so much more.

SaintPerkele
05-13-2012, 11:23 AM
I've seen this one before, I'm pretty sure
Yeah, it's rather old, but most major sites are lacking this particular screenshot for whatever reason.

freddie_1897
05-13-2012, 06:53 PM
aren't there meant to be bales of hay on them as well so you can do a leap of faith into a moving cart?

plus i think i saw in an interview that you can set traps, but i can't find the interview so don't quote me on that

JCearlyyears
05-13-2012, 08:38 PM
Do some trees look like they have branches cut off at the bottom and look as if you can climb on the remainder? I mean some of them do look like that but does it look like that is the only way to climb certain trees? I don't see why we wouldn't just grab the branches and climb around like that unless they weren't able to make it that way. I haven't ever seen him actually climb onto a tree. Sorry for the weird wording.

Calvarok
05-14-2012, 01:20 AM
Do some trees look like they have branches cut off at the bottom and look as if you can climb on the remainder? I mean some of them do look like that but does it look like that is the only way to climb certain trees? I don't see why we wouldn't just grab the branches and climb around like that unless they weren't able to make it that way. I haven't ever seen him actually climb onto a tree. Sorry for the weird wording.

They haven't shown that, no. From what we've heard you can climb trees that don't have branches by hugging onto the bark and shimmying up, or something. I'm interested to see how that works.

beatledude210
05-14-2012, 01:27 AM
aren't there meant to be bales of hay on them as well so you can do a leap of faith into a moving cart?

plus i think i saw in an interview that you can set traps, but i can't find the interview so don't quote me on that

Yes you can do leaps of faith into moving objects.

Off Topic: I love your sig!!!!

Serrachio
05-15-2012, 06:21 PM
I'll laugh if there's a scene where a guard tries to Leap of Faith after Connor and misses.

playassassins1
05-15-2012, 08:24 PM
I'll laugh if there's a scene where a guard tries to Leap of Faith after Connor and misses.

It actually happens in Assassin's Creed Bloodlines. But it would be even more fun with better graphics!

hastings84
05-15-2012, 10:31 PM
I don't want ACIII to feel like Red Dead Redemption. RDR animals were done very well, but I don't really care to have THAT same wilderness experience. I'm assuming it will be extremely close though, by the sounds of it.

Maybe Connor will be able to bear-whisper, and ride one into battle. :cool:

Assassin_M
05-21-2012, 12:27 PM
http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg855/scaled.php?server=855&filename=vlcsnap2012052114h12m17.png&res=landing

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg594/scaled.php?server=594&filename=vlcsnap2012052114h12m33.png&res=landingDouble Tomahawks ?

LightRey
05-21-2012, 12:31 PM
http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg855/scaled.php?server=855&filename=vlcsnap2012052114h12m17.png&res=landing

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg594/scaled.php?server=594&filename=vlcsnap2012052114h12m33.png&res=landingDouble Tomahawks ?
Well he is a dual wielder, so I wouldn't be surprised.

Assassin_M
05-21-2012, 12:32 PM
Well he is a dual wielder, so I wouldn't be surprised.
Throw-able too ?

LightRey
05-21-2012, 12:44 PM
Throw-able too ?
Maybe. Could be that the second one is mainly for throwing or something.

Stormpen
05-21-2012, 03:25 PM
Maybe. Could be that the second one is mainly for throwing or something.

Do the Tomahawks replace the throwing knives as projectile weapons?

I hope not, that doesn't sound.... practical.

GariStz
05-21-2012, 03:52 PM
I think that might be a glitch...I just don't know how to explain it in English...like...this is the Alpha version of the game, and stuff is still not polished, so, this is Connor's basic model, where all of his weapons are on him, while there is a transition between the models when you switch weapons - for example - if you equip the bow, the transition/animation of Connor picking it up from his back, changes the model of him without the bow on his back - same goes for the tomahawk, pistols, etc...so that's (probably) why there's two of them...

We know, yes, there will be a dual-wield combat, but they never mentioned dual tomahawks (and if I know them well - they would already have), and also, I doubt it will be throwable, because it seems like a special/personal weapon (like the hidden blade), with the Assassin's insignia on it and stuff, so it's rare unlike the simple throwing knives (which I guess and hope will be back), and if you throw it away, you'll have to go and get it back, which wouldn't be fun, simply put in simple words...

Assassin_M
05-21-2012, 04:18 PM
I think that might be a glitch...I just don't know how to explain it in English...like...this is the Alpha version of the game, and stuff is still not polished, so, this is Connor's basic model, where all of his weapons are on him, while there is a transition between the models when you switch weapons - for example - if you equip the bow, the transition/animation of Connor picking it up from his back, changes the model of him without the bow on his back - same goes for the tomahawk, pistols, etc...so that's (probably) why there's two of them...

We know, yes, there will be a dual-wield combat, but they never mentioned dual tomahawks (and if I know them well - they would already have), and also, I doubt it will be throwable, because it seems like a special/personal weapon (like the hidden blade), with the Assassin's insignia on it and stuff, so it's rare unlike the simple throwing knives (which I guess and hope will be back), and if you throw it away, you'll have to go and get it back, which wouldn't be fun, simply put in simple words...
^Speculation
Just like the double, throw-able Tomohawks

LightRey
05-21-2012, 04:20 PM

That crossed my mind too. It's very possible it's indeed just caused by them not removing it from his clothes while he's wielding it, due to it being a pre-alpha build. We're really just speculating on it though.

Serrachio
05-21-2012, 06:07 PM
Perhaps he could throw it in an animation, but he could kill a second guy afterwards to bridge the distance, before walking over to rip it out of the first guy's head, pulling his body down to the ground.

Astralcloak
05-21-2012, 06:50 PM

you clearly have never heard of this little place called Australia? The British would deport criminals to the outer colonies and the outback for offences absurdly trivial, somebody once got a lifetime exile to Australia for stealing a cord or wool i believe? so not TOO much to believe they'd want to arrest somebody for looting a markets stall?

brick177
05-22-2012, 01:50 PM
Tomahawks were historically used for both melee and as a throwable weapon. The gameplay aspect of this would require retrieval of the thrown weapon in order to be realistic and I feel this would adversely impact the flow of a fight. To speculate: I don't think it will or should be throwable, but it would be realistic if you could.

While throwing knives are a staple of the AC franchise, I personally think they make the game too easy because you can use them for long range stealth kills. The purpose of a throwing knife is to have a rapidly deployable ranged weapon while in combat, when a more practical ranged weapon like a bow and arrow would be difficult to deploy. ie, stopping someone from running away while engaged in melee combat. I think the rope dart will make up for this in-combat ranged role, while the bow and arrow will continue to fill the role of a stealthy ranged weapon.

SixKeys
05-22-2012, 02:28 PM
I'm guessing it's a glitch, but anything is possible.

FilipinoNinja67
05-22-2012, 05:09 PM
Can you guys please stop quoting pictures? I lurk on this thread and it takes forever for my phone to load the images.

Acrimonious_Nin
05-22-2012, 05:31 PM
Has ubisoft revealed any more info about the economy of the game and how we will get payed? or should I play RDR to get an idea?

freddie_1897
05-22-2012, 05:56 PM
Has ubisoft revealed any more info about the economy of the game and how we will get payed? or should I play RDR to get an idea?
no, theres been no new info since the gameplay trailer

Black_Widow9
05-23-2012, 01:09 AM
E3 is just around the corner though... ;)

Assassin_M
05-23-2012, 01:10 AM
E3 is just around the corner though... ;)
Im actually surprised
Usually this time of year is slow, but I guess time likes us:p
I cannot believe it..

masterfenix2009
05-23-2012, 04:51 AM
Im actually surprised
I cannot believe it.. It's IMPOSSIBRU!!!

BBALive
05-23-2012, 07:41 AM

I doubt it's a glitch. If it was then the Tomahawk would be on the opposite side of his body.

naran6142
05-23-2012, 07:50 AM
Im actually surprised
I cannot believe it..

I guess we managed to convince time... :p

pacmanate
05-23-2012, 04:09 PM
E3 eta 2 weeks babeh

GariStz
05-23-2012, 06:53 PM
I doubt it's a glitch. If it was then the Tomahawk would be on the opposite side of his body.

Why? It's on his right side for his right hand...

beatledude210
05-23-2012, 07:08 PM
Unfortunately, I'm going to be missing the live stream of e3. I swear I'm going to be dying of anticipation to see the recorded press conference the next day on the drive home.

BBALive
05-23-2012, 07:59 PM
Why? It's on his right side for his right hand...

Generally, when you draw a weapon with your right hand, it's placed on the left side of your body, and vice versa.

itsamea-mario
05-23-2012, 08:04 PM
Generally, when you draw a weapon with your right hand, it's placed on the left side of your body, and vice versa.

Not with a tomahawk or other hand axe, it's generally much easier to have it place on the side you'll be using it, given it's not sheathed like a sword, but instead pulled up business end first.

GariStz
05-24-2012, 04:29 AM
Not with a tomahawk or other hand axe, it's generally much easier to have it place on the side you'll be using it, given it's not sheathed like a sword, but instead pulled up business end first.

Exactly. + his left side is already occupied by his sword (swords were confirmed to make a return)...

thejenks2448
05-24-2012, 04:49 AM
there better be a scene of connor and his love makin babies, or i'm not buying the game.

BBALive
05-24-2012, 10:32 AM
Exactly. + his left side is already occupied by his sword
No swords are shown on his body during the trailer though, so you can't make that argument.

But, I did go back and look at the trailer and he does keep the tomahawk on his right side. So it's possible that it is a simple cosmetic bug after-all.

who-can-i-be
05-24-2012, 12:00 PM

This is an Assassin'd Creed thread; HOW COULD YOU NOT UNDERSTAND WHY APPLES ARE SO IMPORTANT?!

Assassin_M
05-24-2012, 02:39 PM
This is an Assassin'd Creed thread; HOW COULD YOU NOT UNDERSTAND WHY APPLES ARE SO IMPORTANT?!
Wha- ??

playassassins1
05-24-2012, 02:42 PM

He didn't mean The Apple Of Eden.... He was talking about a normal apple.

freddie_1897
05-24-2012, 06:26 PM
me thinks he was joking, hence the xD at the end

De Filosoof
05-25-2012, 12:00 AM
me thinks he was joking, hence the xD at the end

Who-can-i-be is most likely also joking :).