PDA

View Full Version : Your favourite Assassin's Creed supporting character!

OriginalMiles
05-09-2012, 06:14 PM
Hey guys.
I want to know who your favourite side character in the games is, and why you like them!

Lucy, even though she was a Templar, I really felt some kind of attachment to her character, I felt sorry for her, her story was kind of sad, but when I found out she was a templar, I was shocked, so when I replayed, I tried to spot some hints, and to be honest, I still felt like she cared for Dez and 16.

Have fun!

notafanboy
05-09-2012, 06:16 PM
i liked Yusuf an Leo i guess, mario too.

ProletariatPleb
05-09-2012, 06:23 PM
Yusuf Tazim da Istanbul :D
Shaun Hastings.

De Filosoof
05-09-2012, 06:29 PM
Subject 16 and Leonardo.

TheHumanTowel
05-09-2012, 06:29 PM
Have to say Leonardo. "How exciting!"

playassassins1
05-09-2012, 06:31 PM
Bartolomeo D'alviano and La Volpe.

I really thought there was some character development, and They were there since AC II

Assassin_M
05-09-2012, 06:35 PM
16 and Yusuf..

Actually I wasnt really interested in seeing 16 until I actually saw him in Revelations, He was Cynical, Knowing and VERY Mystic, which gave off a sense of "Why am I playing with Des ? I should be playing with this Bad-***"

and Yusuf was a nice change from the ever bland Machiavelli, His persona began to annoy me after some face time during Brotherhood and Every time Ezio Pawned him (Machiavelli) gave off a sense of satisfaction, But Yusuf felt Fresh, Joker when needed and serious when during the right times..

egriffin09
05-09-2012, 07:42 PM
Yusuf.

That dude from AC Brotherhood was just plain out boring. Yusuf was a really nice change in revelations.

she-assassin
05-09-2012, 08:09 PM
Subject Sixteen. I liked him right from the beginning. You see, I always get emotionally attached to these kind of "tortured soul" characters. Who else would have the guts to repaint a room with their own blood in order to help someone they don't even know? This guy is my hero!

The second one would probably be Leo. Although, I'm not sure if it counts because I loved Leonardo way before the game came out, so...

And I suspect the next one will be Daniel Cross. I feel kind of sorry for him. I know he killed the mentor, betrayed the Assassins and stuff, but technically, he's not really a Templar. He didn't choose to be one... Keeping my fingers crossed that he will make an actual appearance in AC3!

AnthonyA85
05-09-2012, 08:29 PM
I'd have to say;

Shaun,
Rebecca,
Lucy,
Leonardo,
Sofia Sartor,
And of course, Bartolomeo D'alviano - "My Bianca hungers for skulls to crush!" gotta love his one-liners.

JCearlyyears
05-09-2012, 08:42 PM
Leonardo. Honestly, I hate how characters disappear between games. I wish revelations had Leonardo and a part where you are with him when he dies which is what Corey May wanted, and I disliked how Christina wasn't in AC2 much, and how Ezio stops talking to old friends. There were some recurring characters like Claudia and Machiavelli, la Volpe, Bartolomeo, and Maria, but I didn't feel closure with most of the supporting characters in AC. I also liked al Mualim and Lucy, Vidic and Shaun, but I get annoyed when they introduce a character in AC and then they disappear later in the game.

TorQue1988
05-09-2012, 08:45 PM
Leonardo and Machiavelli.

she-assassin
05-09-2012, 08:49 PM
Leonardo. Honestly, I hate how characters disappear between games. I wish revelations had Leonardo and a part where you are with him when he dies which is what Corey May wanted, and I disliked how Christina wasn't in AC2 much, and how Ezio stops talking to old friends. There were some recurring characters like Claudia and Machiavelli, la Volpe, Bartolomeo, and Maria, but I didn't feel closure with most of the supporting characters in AC. I also liked al Mualim and Lucy, Vidic and Shaun, but I get annoyed when they introduce a character in AC and then they disappear later in the game.

You liked Al Mualim? Really? You must be the first person I've heard to say it. O_o

SaintPerkele
05-09-2012, 08:50 PM
All the Ezio-related characters are already posted, so back to the roots..
Al Mualim - One amazing character. Philosophical, authoritarian, yet sometimes kind and an incredible development towards the end of AC1. I also loved his look, which was a nix mix between wise, evil and Vidic (the developers really messed up his look in ACR, making him look rather like a nice uncle)
Malik - Irony, revenge and Altair's most important friend and ally later on. Too bad he was not included in ACR at all and somewhat replaced by Abbas who wasn't portrayed very well in ACR.

she-assassin
05-09-2012, 09:10 PM
Oh, I forgot about Malik! Loved his sarcasm. Yeah, he was basically Altair's sidekick after the events of AC1 and I was hoping to see him in Revelations, but no...Ubisoft had to write him off because...well, why exactly?! Anyway, he was a great character.

I'm kind of surprised so many of you like Al Mualim... Does it have something to do with The Secret Crusade book? I haven't read it yet... Because I don't see how anyone could like him solely based on his actions in AC1. He wasn't a very likeable character.

freddie_1897
05-09-2012, 09:18 PM
All the Ezio-related characters are already posted, so back to the roots..
Al Mualim - One amazing character. Philosophical, authoritarian, yet sometimes kind and an incredible development towards the end of AC1. I also loved his look, which was a nix mix between wise, evil and Vidic (the developers really messed up his look in ACR, making him look rather like a nice uncle)
Malik - Irony, revenge and Altair's most important friend and ally later on. Too bad he was not included in ACR at all and somewhat replaced by Abbas who wasn't portrayed very well in ACR.
maybe he was a nice uncle? he might be happily married with 3 kids. speaking of which i think its high time video games gave villains emotions and made you think that they deep down they are still people who live and love and lose and feel sad and happy, right now they just make them out to all be evil, i'd like them to do what Prototype 2 did with the Colonel (if you've played it you know who i'm talking about)

Assassin_M
05-09-2012, 09:25 PM
You liked Al Mualim? Really? You must be the first person I've heard to say it. O_o
Its respect actually, on my part at least..
Almualim is one of the best antagonists in any game series (apart from Vidic of course)
He was Wise, stern, deceitful and stubborn till the end, he had absolute control over his Assassins, not through fear, but through Respect and love...
True, he manipulated his Students to do his bidding, but it was a genius plan, take out 2 birds with one stone and then see what our stone thinks about things in the end..

she-assassin
05-09-2012, 09:32 PM
Its respect actually, on my part at least..
Almualim is one of the best antagonists in any game series (apart from Vidic of course)
He was Wise, stern, deceitful and stubborn till the end, he had absolute control over his Assassins, not through fear, but through Respect and love...
True, he manipulated his Students to do his bidding, but it was a genius plan, take out 2 birds with one stone and then see what our stone thinks about things in the end..

True, but there's a difference between respect and an actual affection. Sure, I respect him as a skilled leader and Altair's father figure, but I definitely don't like him for it.

itsamea-mario
05-09-2012, 09:32 PM
I thought there would be more Malik's.

http://www.smackjeeves.com/images/uploaded/comics/7/5/75f0c5914194.jpg

As for me, I suppose Leo and maybe Yusuf.

Assassin_M
05-09-2012, 09:35 PM
True, but there's a difference between respect and an actual affection. Sure, I respect him as a skilled leader and Altair's father figure, but I definitely don't like him for it.
In Video Games, You can like the antagonist for being good at being........ EVIL ?? No wait that doesnt work with Almualim.. hmm
But you get my point right ? When some one is pretty good at what he`s doing he becomes an instant favorite

she-assassin
05-09-2012, 09:35 PM
Yeah, Malik has a huge fanbase. ;)

OriginalMiles
05-09-2012, 09:36 PM
I thought there would be more Malik's.

http://www.smackjeeves.com/images/uploaded/comics/7/5/75f0c5914194.jpg

As for me, I suppose Leo and maybe Yusuf.

I love that picture, its that one of Kaxen's?

itsamea-mario
05-09-2012, 09:40 PM
yes.

she-assassin
05-09-2012, 09:40 PM
In Video Games, You can like the antagonist for being good at being........ EVIL ?? No wait that doesnt work with Almualim.. hmm
But you get my point right ? When some one is pretty good at what he`s doing he becomes an instant favorite

Yeah, I get what you mean. It's not only video games. I almost always root for the bad guys. Joker comes to mind... But Al Mualim is no Joker. He's just not that kind of character you'd expect to be very popular among the fans.

Assassin_M
05-09-2012, 09:44 PM
Yeah, I get what you mean. It's not only video games. I almost always root for the bad guys. Joker comes to mind... But Al Mualim is no Joker. He's just not that kind of character you'd expect to be very popular among the fans.
Joker is appreciated because of his dark humor and boldness, but yes I agree with Al mualim which makes him this more unique as an antagonist

wigster2012
05-09-2012, 09:48 PM
Rebecca Crane, Shaun Hastings ( although in AC2 i did think he was a ******* ), and Lucy. Leonardo was also a good character. But i loved Yusuf Tazim, i was absolutely gutted when he died.

she-assassin
05-09-2012, 09:59 PM
Okay, so I see why Al Mualim, but why would anyone choose Vidic? That's just masochistic!

Assassin_M
05-09-2012, 10:05 PM
Okay, so I see why Al Mualim, but why would anyone choose Vidic? That's just masochistic!
Vidic is because of the same reason as Almualim..
Yes his Mood swings can be annoying, but his persuasion skills are extraordinary, he had me believing him sometimes during some of his morning speeches In AC I..
He seems more Evil than Almualim, you can hear it in his tone and his choice of wording, but that only shows how masterful he is of the situation in not making direct threats, but keeping you on check..
All in all Vidic is a genius of a Character

she-assassin
05-09-2012, 10:19 PM
Vidic is because of the same reason as Almualim..
Yes his Mood swings can be annoying, but his persuasion skills are extraordinary, he had me believing him sometimes during some of his morning speeches In AC I..
He seems more Evil than Almualim, you can hear it in his tone and his choice of wording, but that only shows how masterful he is of the situation in not making direct threats, but keeping you on check..
All in all Vidic is a genius of a Character

I hate that guy. He's just plain evil. He's easily the worst of them all. And maybe partly for this reason, everyone believes that the Templars are the bad guys. They see Vidic and think that all the Templars are creepy calculating bastards, though, most of them are, but still... I'm looking forward to AC3 where everyone will be more gray and not just good or evil.
But Vidic... let's say I can't wait to sink the hidden blade down his throat. That's all. And again, I see why someone would respect him or even admire his skills, but I can't believe there's someone who actually likes him.

Assassin_M
05-09-2012, 10:22 PM
I hate that guy. He's just plain evil. He's easily the worst of them all. And maybe partly for this reason, everyone believes that the Templars are the bad guys. They see Vidic and think that all the Templars are creepy calculating bastards, though, most of them are, but still... I'm looking forward to AC3 where everyone will be more gray and not just good or evil.
But Vidic... let's say I can't wait to sink the hidden blade down his throat. That's all. And again, I see why someone would respect him or even admire his skills, but I can't believe there's someone who actually likes him.
I like him as an Antagonist yeah :p

she-assassin
05-09-2012, 10:29 PM
I like him as an Antagonist yeah :p
Usually, I appreciate a good antagonist when I see one. But Vidic is just so disgustingly evil that...okay, obviously I'm too biased to appreciate his evilness. But that's fine, it means there's some quality script-writing there. ;)

Assassin_M
05-09-2012, 10:30 PM
Usually, I appreciate a good antagonist when I see one. But Vidic is just so disgustingly evil that...okay, obviously I'm too biased to appreciate his evilness. But that's fine, it means there's some quality script-writing there. ;)
Exactly :D

she-assassin
05-09-2012, 10:34 PM
Exactly :D
Teehee. :D But still, if I ever liked any Templar, it would be Daniel Cross or Lucy, but definitely not some creepy old guy watching me sleep every morning. *shuders*

Assassin_M
05-09-2012, 10:37 PM
Teehee. :D But still, if I ever liked any Templar, it would be Daniel Cross or Lucy, but definitely not some creepy old guy watching me sleep every morning. *shuders*
Indeed, Im anxiously waiting for Daniel..
Hopefully he`ll have a decent amount of screen time..

SixKeys
05-09-2012, 10:37 PM
Malik - He's an interesting character and I really like the dynamic between him and Alta´r. He actually has good reason to be sarcastic and hostile all the time, unlike Shaun, and you can see he has more depth to him. He is afraid of abandoning Al Mualim's teachings but eventually comes to trust Alta´r more than his mentor, despite Alta´r having done so much wrong in the past.

Damascus bureau leader - Weird choice, I know, since he's really not in the game all that much. I don't know if he has a proper name, I just always refer to him as "Stealth A-hole" because he keeps making these off-hand remarks to Alta´r that are meant to be insults but much more subtle than Malik's. ;) He's funny.

Bartolomeo D'alviano - I like his fiery temper, brutish sense of humor and colorful language.

she-assassin
05-09-2012, 10:44 PM
Indeed, Im anxiously waiting for Daniel..
Hopefully he`ll have a decent amount of screen time..
Man, I can't wait to see Daniel! I've seen the concept art of his character and he looks so badasssss. :o I'm torn...I want him to come back to the Assassin side and on the other hand I'm hoping for an awesome fight between him and Desmond. Can't decide which one would be better. Ideally both.

Assassin_M
05-09-2012, 10:47 PM
Man, I can't wait to see Daniel! I've seen the concept art of his character and he looks so badasssss. :o I'm torn...I want him to come back to the Assassin side and on the other hand I'm hoping for an awesome fight between him and Desmond. Can't decide which one would be better. Ideally both.
The "torn" part is exactly why I want to see Daniel, see Its this suspense that gets me..

SaintPerkele
05-09-2012, 10:48 PM
I don't really know why, but I did never really get attached to Daniel for some reason, Nikolai was always more important to me in The Fall. Daniel was more of a typical druggie at the beginning, his character only really surprised me towards the end. I have the subtle feeling that Daniel might still turn out to be one of the good guys eventually, but who knows - I just can't wait to meet him in AC3 and see what the developers made with his character , if he won't be in there, I'll be extremely disappointed.

Vidic was always one of the most important characters to me too. Sure he was creepy, sure he was evil. But he had this something about him.. I can't really explain it. Let's just say, I did not enjoy him in the ACR Multiplayer videos as much as I enjoyed him in AC1+2 (except for the one where you go to that mansion, that's the typical Vidic for me).
I usually prefer the villians in games, to be honest. The heroes are just way too often plain good guys (Ezio was most of the time one of them, Altair was luckily different), whereas the villains in the AC franchise are more of the grey area. In AC1 I actually sympathized more with some of the assassination targets than I sympathized with Altair and Al Mualim (Garnier de Naplouse and Abu'l Nuquoud for example).

she-assassin
05-09-2012, 10:52 PM
The "torn" part is exactly why I want to see Daniel, see Its this suspense that gets me..
Just let's leave it here. I'm getting way too much excited for a character that wasn't even confirmed to be in the actual game so far and that's not good. O_o Can't wait for the modern-day part of the story!

Assassin_M
05-09-2012, 10:58 PM
Just let's leave it here. I'm getting way too much excited for a character that wasn't even confirmed to be in the actual game so far and that's not good. O_o Can't wait for the modern-day part of the story!
I understand XD

ElderMark
05-09-2012, 11:18 PM
Subject 16 for love the back drop of his tale..

Deltasparkz
05-10-2012, 08:29 AM
Shaun Hastings

Aphex_Tim
05-10-2012, 08:55 AM
Bartolomeo d'Alviano. "Nothing hangs between your thighs. In fact there is a hole there, so deep it reaches into the maledetto inferno!"
Shame we didn't see how it ended up for him in Brotherhood or Revelations.

Also, Shaun Hastings. Revelations didn't have enough Shaun!

LordoTzeentch
05-10-2012, 09:17 AM
Subject 16 for love the back drop of his tale..
Same here. TLA was great.

Gil_217
05-10-2012, 11:34 AM
For the love of God people, please don't say Al Mualim, he shouldn't be considered a supporting character, he is the main antagonist of Assassin's Creed, he's just to good to be a supporting character, what an insult.

Now, I don't really get the love that Malik gets around AC fans in general, because a lot of people like that guy too much, and it's not only around here, I don't have nothing against him, I actually like him to an extent but God, people overrate him so much.

I guess we can say that da Vinci wins this, at least for now, we still have Assassin's Creed III though.

shobhit7777777
05-10-2012, 11:51 AM
Easy,
Yusuf - I love this irreverent bastard
Sofia - Hot and Smart
Malik - Didn't take Altair's diva BS

Assassin_M
05-10-2012, 12:00 PM
For the love of God people, please don't say Al Mualim, he shouldn't be considered a supporting character, he is the main antagonist of Assassin's Creed, he's just to good to be a supporting character, what an insult.

Now, I don't really get the love that Malik gets around AC fans in general, because a lot of people like that guy too much, and it's not only around here, I don't have nothing against him, I actually like him to an extent but God, people overrate him so much.

I guess we can say that da Vinci wins this, at least for now, we still have Assassin's Creed III though.
I agree with you on Al mualim..
But Malik, I mean come on.. The Guy was a Master Assassin, a devout follower and the only character who constantly pawned Altair, and try throwing a knife having only one arm I DARE YAA !! :p The Man`s a Bad-***

blazefp
05-10-2012, 12:04 PM
Yusuf Tazim definitely. He seemed pretty cool and I'd really like to know him better. He died too soon

she-assassin
05-10-2012, 02:02 PM
I agree with you on Al mualim..
But Malik, I mean come on.. The Guy was a Master Assassin, a devout follower and the only character who constantly pawned Altair, and try throwing a knife having only one arm I DARE YAA !! :p The Man`s a Bad-***
Okay. I don't see what's so difficult about throwing knives with one hand, but I always wondered how he managed to get in and out of the bureau. I mean...try doing parkour with only one arm. In fact, that's nearly impossible!
Also, he's not overrated at all. He's just bad-*** like that. :D

Assassin_M
05-10-2012, 02:04 PM
Okay. I don't see what's so difficult about throwing knives with one hand, but I always wondered how he managed to get in and out of the bureau. I mean...try doing parkour with only one arm. In fact, that's nearly impossible!
Also, he's not overrated at all. He's just bad-*** like that. :D
Its not hard, but its BAD-AZZ !!

she-assassin
05-10-2012, 02:08 PM
Its not hard, but its BAD-AZZ !!
Well, I think everyone throws a knife with one hand. Maybe that's just me, but I can't imagine a dual-wielded throwing knife...:rolleyes:

dxsxhxcx
05-10-2012, 02:25 PM
1. S16;
2. Shaun;
3. Malik / Leonardo / Yusuf;

LightRey
05-10-2012, 02:38 PM
Shaun, because he's funnier than Malik.