PDA

View Full Version : Not detachable

berserker134
05-09-2012, 01:30 AM
people are saying that the hidden blade is detachable but don't blame yourselves because i thought the same thing. But its not, after several replays of only the hidden blade part i zoomed it in then i saw that the hidden blade is atached into a smaller rail with a slit through it and if u look at the blade it also has a slit so "is the blade detachable" answer is NO

Assassin_M
05-09-2012, 01:36 AM
people are saying that the hidden blade is detachable but don't blame yourselves because i thought the same thing. But its not, after several replays of only the hidden blade part i zoomed it in then i saw that the hidden blade is atached into a smaller rail with a slit through it and if u look at the blade it also has a slit so "is the blade detachable" answer is NO
The Quality of the video isnt 100% clear so its tough to deduce whether or not its Detachable..
So I wouldnt jump to conclusions (Although I briefly did)

SixKeys
05-09-2012, 01:55 AM
Does this really need its own thread?

Assassin_M
05-09-2012, 01:57 AM
Does this really need its own thread?
Not really, but since he made it...

InfamousQ1987
05-09-2012, 02:07 AM
Whether it's detachable or not, you cannot deny that it is pretty slick. I like the idea, personally don't care if out detaches or not...as long as I can still use the hidden blade in a more traditional way. I just hope that there is an option or click of a but-ton to flip the blade into a dagger.

morpheusPrime08
05-09-2012, 02:33 AM
I dont get why theres this discussion on it, havent the devs said its detachable? And what happend to that pick of Connor amd the blade with some wire coming from it?

berserker134
05-09-2012, 02:34 AM
InfamousQ1987 agreed but if it was detachable it would be more dificolt for both connor and the players

morpheusPrime08
05-09-2012, 02:39 AM
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/37/ac3screen05tcm2142723.jpg/

And I dont get how a detachable blade can be a problem for the game or the players, its not like it wont take one 2 sec and one ****on press to undetach it.?

berserker134
05-09-2012, 02:49 AM
but to put it back is a problem

InfamousQ1987
05-09-2012, 04:22 AM
I agree with the op, it may be attached to a rail of some sort. It adds a better touch to the hidden blade compared to the hookblade design. I hated using the hidden blade in ACR, the hook blade would stab through my target (with hook still out). I thought the hookblade had 2 functions...the hook, and the blade? I love the new hidden blade/dagger, and Connor seems like a breath of fresh air IMHO.

morpheusPrime08
05-09-2012, 05:30 AM

How is putting it back going to be a problem?

pacmanate
05-09-2012, 08:36 AM
From Screenshots before, it is detachable, but those could be early screens

Serrachio
05-09-2012, 08:41 AM
With the Hidden Blade being detachable as a knife, it sort of makes me worried that daggers might not be something you can buy.

Then again, if they are, it does provide the opportunity for double dagger animations.

massmurdera_666
05-09-2012, 08:42 AM

it's not, Ezio's hidden gun isn't permanently attached to his blade, that's why when you choose to use it his animation is of him attaching and loading the gun

itsamea-mario
05-09-2012, 09:09 AM
it's not, Ezio's hidden gun isn't permanently attached to his blade, that's why when you choose to use it his animation is of him attaching and loading the gun

No, the hidden gun is always there, that little animation his him prepping the gun, basically the trigger folds out. and maybe him loading it as well.

And it would be awkward to put back in if it was fully detachable, imagine if you had it, trying to slide the blade back in with one hand would be tricky.

Serrachio
05-09-2012, 10:14 AM
No, the hidden gun is always there, that little animation his him prepping the gun, basically the trigger folds out. and maybe him loading it as well.

And it would be awkward to put back in if it was fully detachable, imagine if you had it, trying to slide the blade back in with one hand would be tricky.

Then again, even if it was awkward, it wouldn't be likely that Connor would detach it and then keep soldiers alive if he wanted to put it back. He could simply sheath it somewhere else as a dagger if he wanted to swap it, before re-attaching it back to the mechanism on his wrist after he killed any threats present.

Assassin_M
05-09-2012, 12:16 PM
Really ? We had a Miniature Gun during the 15th century, a flying machine, a tank and a Bomber and you think its unrealistic that the blade is detachable because it`d take too long to reattach ? WoW makes sense..

Abeonis
05-09-2012, 12:22 PM
Making the blade detachable would not make it more difficult to weild, although efficiently concealing it after use, whilst still in combat would be difficult. I suspect (and would suggest) that the blade's "handle" is fixed on a pivot so that it can be held as a normal dagger, and when not in use as such, easily be rotated and fixed back into it's traditional orientation.

ProletariatPleb
05-09-2012, 01:39 PM
Here I am again, with the pic :D have a look at it, maybe check it frame by frame(possible in Google Chrome I hear, I'm a Firefox user) and decide for yourself, It looks like it's attached to rail and initially I thought it's completely detachable but on closer look I'm inclined to think it's attached, just more..'flexible'

http://i.minus.com/izr0tu0k22zeS.gif

pacmanate
05-09-2012, 01:46 PM
Pretty sure it makes sense for it to be attached on a pivot. What if he dropped his dagger? That means no hidden blade/dagger.

Mr_Shade
05-09-2012, 01:51 PM
I will see what I can find out ;)

OriginalMiles
05-09-2012, 03:51 PM
I doubt it's detachable, the screens of Connor holding a separate dagger probably means he has two, a normal and a hidden blade/dagger.

freddie_1897
05-09-2012, 03:53 PM
I dont get why theres this discussion on it, havent the devs said its detachable? And what happend to that pick of Connor amd the blade with some wire coming from it?
they meant it was detachable as in it could rotate into a dagger, i doubt it's completely detachable because it would be a pain to push it back in again

UrDeviant1
05-09-2012, 08:47 PM
they meant it was detachable as in it could rotate into a dagger, i doubt it's completely detachable because it would be a pain to push it back in again

Detachable would mean being able to completely remove It, not being able to simply "rotate It Into a dagger". Plus, why the hell would you want to rotate the hidden blade? Unless the mechanism has been upgraded, and the blade no longer goes straight up from a retracted position. But what would be the point In that? It wouldn't be much of an upgrade, would It?

I say It's more likely that the blade Is "detachable" and totally plausible.

freddie_1897
05-09-2012, 08:50 PM
Detachable would mean being able to completely remove It, not being able to simply "rotate It Into a dagger". Plus, why the hell would you want to rotate the hidden blade? Unless the mechanism has been upgraded, and the blade no longer goes straight up from a retracted position. But what would be the point In that? It wouldn't be much of an upgrade, would It?

I say It's more likely that the blade Is "detachable" and totally plausible.
you could very well be right, but at this moment we have nothing to suggest either option, i think we should all just wait until evidence is provided.

UrDeviant1
05-09-2012, 08:58 PM
you could very well be right, but at this moment we have nothing to suggest either option, i think we should all just wait until evidence is provided.

Well we do have something to suggest either option, as we have seen the blade rotate.

freddie_1897
05-09-2012, 09:05 PM
Well we do have something to suggest either option, as we have seen the blade rotate.
yes, but no solid evidence to suggest which option is right, if there was solid evidence then this thread wouldn't be here

itsamea-mario
05-09-2012, 09:09 PM
Chances are it will be fully detachable, it makes a knife easier to use if you have full control of it, but if it was on a hinge then you wouldn't.

UrDeviant1
05-09-2012, 09:11 PM
yes, but no solid evidence to suggest which option is right, if there was solid evidence then this thread wouldn't be here

Well If we needed solid evidence to throw about some speculation, this forum would be Incredibly boring and desolate.

freddie_1897
05-09-2012, 09:14 PM
Well If we needed solid evidence to throw about some speculation, this forum would be Incredibly boring and desolate.
fair, I'm just saying that no one here is right or wrong at this point.

reddragonhrcro
05-09-2012, 09:15 PM
Possibly over time with upgrades it becomes detachable.There is a possibility for it.

berserker134
05-09-2012, 10:35 PM
why would u want a detachable blade when it would be cooler if it would be atached

UrDeviant1
05-09-2012, 10:46 PM
why would u want a detachable blade when it would be cooler if it would be atached

Why Is that cooler?

she-assassin
05-09-2012, 11:14 PM
I would prefer if it was only partially detached, in this case the enemy couldn't disarm Connor. Simple like that. :rolleyes:

Mr_Shade
05-09-2012, 11:21 PM
Hi Guys

Official answer..

The dagger is not detachable - it rotates on the blade mechanism - but remains attached.

Acrimonious_Nin
05-10-2012, 03:25 AM
Why Is that cooler?

Because it doesn't come off....

berserker134
05-10-2012, 03:45 AM
Hi Guys

Official answer..

The dagger is not detachable - it rotates on the blade mechanism - but remains attached.

told u dudes and oh i have eagle vision because even with the bad quality i saw it rotate in place not detach lol XD

LionHeart XXII
05-10-2012, 03:49 AM
The Quality of the video isnt 100% clear so its tough to deduce whether or not its Detachable..
So I wouldnt jump to conclusions (Although I briefly did)

I havent been on here in a while, but last time i saw a post from you, were'nt you saying you were leaving the forums for like ever or something?

she-assassin
05-10-2012, 11:27 AM
Hi Guys

Official answer..

That's what i thought! Thanks for the info. :)

Assassin_M
05-10-2012, 12:07 PM
I havent been on here in a while, but last time i saw a post from you, were'nt you saying you were leaving the forums for like ever or something?
I didnt say forever..
I said I might come back.. and check your PMs if you wish to know more..

Abeonis
05-10-2012, 03:36 PM
Hi Guys

Official answer..

Feels good to be right, again. This is the only way it would make sense for the eaponnto operate.