PDA

View Full Version : Independence edition for America? *Speculation

Acrimonious_Nin
05-08-2012, 05:15 PM
I seem to be compelled to add 2 and 2 together and make a plausible speculative observation. Has any one else noticed that the assassins creed unite want exactly 1,776,000 recruits ? Does any one else know what happened in America at that time? In July 4, 1776 the Declaration of Independence was written. The first 4 digits of the amount of recruits wanted in 1,776,000. Now, I may be completely wrong, but I think this may have some sort of significant meaning. :D

freddie_1897
05-08-2012, 05:18 PM
and the iluminatti were formed

LightRey
05-08-2012, 05:19 PM
Hmmm. That's interesting. I think you might be onto something here.

True_Assassin92
05-08-2012, 05:39 PM
Yes! I noticed that as well, but I can't guess what it means except for the obvious, which you stated :p.

eagleforlife1
05-08-2012, 06:39 PM
Seriously, was I the only one who thought of this as soon as I saw the figure?

SleezeRocker
05-08-2012, 06:42 PM
Tease us a new edition but the Indepedance edition is fancy name for Signature edition!

Sign(ature) of (Declaration) of Indepedance O_o

*Ex****ation sound* !

Acrimonious_Nin
05-08-2012, 07:13 PM
^ lol

LightRey
05-08-2012, 08:54 PM
Seriously, was I the only one who thought of this as soon as I saw the figure?
Dunno. I didn't even pay attention to the figure.

pacmanate
05-08-2012, 08:58 PM
I was thinking more "Assassin's Creed - Illuminati Edition". But I will go with Independence Edition/Independence Day/Will Smith

freddie_1897
05-08-2012, 08:59 PM
off topic: has there been any news on the court case?

Acrimonious_Nin
05-08-2012, 09:27 PM
No

OT: I am assuming probably we may get some more ''inside'' info about a CE or something probably around July 4, 2012 ? Maybe something may creep up around gmt 17:76 which would be 18:16 in reality with the conversions(which would be around 6 p.m EST)? Maybe that's the year the game-play takes place? lol

EDIT: I checked for news about the Law suit and there is nothing but the repeating of the 5 million dollar lawsuit they are facing....

Dieinthedark
05-08-2012, 10:22 PM
Wow good catch there OP! I thought it was strange they didn't want something like 1,500,000 or 2,000,000 lol, again good call.

pacmanate
05-08-2012, 10:31 PM
I think after the gameplay trailer, the US edition will be announced

SaintPerkele
05-08-2012, 10:59 PM
I doubt that this will have anything to do with the NA CE. It's simply one of the most important years of the American Revolution, nothing more and nothing less. There will be a Collectors Edition, sure, and who knows, maybe it's called Independence edition or whatever, but the number - in this case - has certainly nothing to do with that.

Kables
05-08-2012, 11:18 PM
wasn't the reveal trailer shown on a historically significant date too? but nobody assumed there would be a different version of the game because of it.
also, i dont think they want to seem nationalist making a "GO 'MERICA" version
no is my answer to the topic title

Timeaus
05-08-2012, 11:32 PM
well Gamestop just announced that if you pre-order AC3 you will get the mayan ruin single player mission and the new sawtooth sword weapon. And this time is in North America ( not really sure if it's only for NA), so they might announce collector editions for NA soon, hopefully :)

Acrimonious_Nin
05-08-2012, 11:43 PM
lol :D

EscoBlades
05-09-2012, 12:40 AM
I'm sure you've all seen this already, but i was immediately reminded of this when the 1776 number was mentioned.

http://a.yfrog.com/img857/7109/3tlta.jpg

Vex_Assassin
05-09-2012, 12:55 AM
If I remember correctly, they released the debut trailer on the date of the Boston Massacre. If Ubi decide to keep this trend, they might have a couple of dates to work with.

May 9th
1754 First newspaper cartoon in America-divided snake "Join or die"

May 10th
1752 Benjamin Franklins first tests the lightning rod
1768 John Wilkes is imprisoned for writing an article for the North Briton severely criticizing King George III. This action provokes rioting in London.
1775 Green Mountain Boys capture Fort Ticonderoga NY (American Revolution)
1775 Second Continental Congress names George Washington, supreme commander

May 11th
There's nothing big that happens on this date from 1753 to 1783.

May 12th
1780 Charleston falls to the British (Revolutionary War)

All sources comes from : http://www.datesinhistory.com/

Do you guys think any of those dates could mean something big enough for Ubi to release the gameplay trailer this day?

Acrimonious_Nin
05-09-2012, 03:17 AM
wasn't the reveal trailer shown on a historically significant date too? but nobody assumed there would be a different version of the game because of it.
also, i dont think they want to seem nationalist making a "GO 'MERICA" version
no is my answer to the topic title

Well that makes no sense, if they wanted to avoid sounding "nationalist'', being that they are not an American gaming company, makes we wonder the word choice, and the fact that they did call one edition the "Freedom Edition". I do not see how they would not call the next edition the "Independence Edition" or the "Declaration Edition" or the "Signature Edition"(get it XD).

If I remember correctly, they released the debut trailer on the date of the Boston Massacre. If Ubi decide to keep this trend, they might have a couple of dates to work with.

May 9th
1754 First newspaper cartoon in America-divided snake "Join or die"

May 10th
1752 Benjamin Franklins first tests the lightning rod
1768 John Wilkes is imprisoned for writing an article for the North Briton severely criticizing King George III. This action provokes rioting in London.
1775 Green Mountain Boys capture Fort Ticonderoga NY (American Revolution)
1775 Second Continental Congress names George Washington, supreme commander

May 11th
There's nothing big that happens on this date from 1753 to 1783.

May 12th
1780 Charleston falls to the British (Revolutionary War)

All sources comes from : http://www.datesinhistory.com/

Do you guys think any of those dates could mean something big enough for Ubi to release the gameplay trailer this day?

There are too many days between 1753 to 1783 to assume that they may follow this trend....I just mentioned it because I thought it was too coincidental. I am not making a claim, I am just stating an observation. The numbers just fall in line with an event. it could mean nothing other than an emphasis to an important date which Esco has already brought into light.(for me at least.)

@EscoBlades - I did not see that >_>...

LightRey
05-09-2012, 12:26 PM
Well that makes no sense, if they wanted to avoid sounding "nationalist'', being that they are not an American gaming company, makes we wonder the word choice, and the fact that they did call one edition the "Freedom Edition". I do not see how they would not call the next edition the "Independence Edition" or the "Declaration Edition" or the "Signature Edition"(get it XD).

There are too many days between 1753 to 1783 to assume that they may follow this trend....I just mentioned it because I thought it was too coincidental. I am not making a claim, I am just stating an observation. The numbers just fall in line with an event. it could mean nothing other than an emphasis to an important date which Esco has already brought into light.(for me at least.)

@EscoBlades - I did not see that >_>...
Well technically you can still be nationalist of a country you're not part of, though obviously it's quite rare.