PDA

View Full Version : Here we go...

Locopells
05-08-2012, 01:05 AM
I hate to be the doomsayer, bringing up the inevitable topic, but please tell me I'm not the only person to notice the complete lack of of any mention of the PC version in the new trailer. Or is it just in the North America version I've got?

And I have looked for other threads on this, so if I missed them, sorry. I've put this here on the console side as well in case any of the console or multi-platform players know anything.

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/531223_10150839446804476_691464475_9163681_1824019 567_n.jpg

Also the Twitter wallpaper you get, has no PC version on it...

Assassin_M
05-08-2012, 01:08 AM
UK`s Version shows the PC version

Big-Boss_777
05-08-2012, 01:10 AM
It should come to no surprise to you guys considering the pc versions never come out on the same day as console versions. I'm sure they'll announce it soon.

Assassin_M
05-08-2012, 01:13 AM
It should come to no surprise to you guys considering the pc versions never come out on the same day as console versions. I'm sure they'll announce it soon.
Exactly I dont remember them saying that from now on we`ll release all 3 versions on the same date..
and If Revelations is anything to go by, then a few days shouldnt really hurt, right ?

Locopells
05-08-2012, 01:43 AM
Exactly I dont remember them saying that from now on we`ll release all 3 versions on the same date..
and If Revelations is anything to go by, then a few days shouldnt really hurt, right ?

Actually they have been claiming exactly that.

http://www.alienwarearena.com/articles/view/when-is-the-real-pc-release-date/

It's no suprise, sure, just irritating in its inevitability. As long as it's not ages though, I daresay I'll survive.

Assassin_M
05-08-2012, 01:47 AM
Actually they have been claiming exactly that.

http://www.alienwarearena.com/articles/view/when-is-the-real-pc-release-date/

It's no suprise, sure, just irritating in its inevitability. As long as it's not ages though, I daresay I'll survive.
Hmm...
Ok then.. I stand corrected..
Now, where is the conflict again ?

Locopells
05-08-2012, 02:31 AM
Now, where is the conflict again ?

Eh?

Assassin_M
05-08-2012, 02:34 AM
Eh?
If they said that they`ll release it on the same date as the console versions, whats irking you ?

Locopells
05-08-2012, 03:22 AM
If they said that they`ll release it on the same date as the console versions, whats irking you ?

The fact that it looks as though they may well not.

However, the point of my OP was to see if anyone else knew anything else to confirm or deny this. Once we know, then we can start complaining...

dxsxhxcx
05-08-2012, 03:51 AM
The fact that it looks as though they may well not.

However, the point of my OP was to see if anyone else knew anything else to confirm or deny this. Once we know, then we can start complaining...

there's no way to confirm or deny this now because Ubisoft usually waits until "one week" before the release date to tell the PC community they'll need to wait a little longer to play the game...

Locopells
05-08-2012, 11:11 AM
Be a pity if they do, especially since they've done this thing of having a finished build a matter of months before release, in order to effectively release AC3.1 - if they can do that, you'd have thought they'd have the PC version ready in time for once. After all, they got it down to two weeks on ACR, and that only had a year's development.

Assassin_M
05-08-2012, 11:26 AM
Be a pity if they do, especially since they've done this thing of having a finished build a matter of months before release, in order to effectively release AC3.1 - if they can do that, you'd have thought they'd have the PC version ready in time for once. After all, they got it down to two weeks on ACR, and that only had a year's development.
Seeing as the game has a couple of weeks to be finished 100% and the rest of the year will be left for Polishing and bug annihilation, I`d say that there is a pretty good chance that the PC version will be released on time..

Mr_Shade
05-08-2012, 11:48 AM
I have no info on any delays as of yet.. However it's important to note that the PC release date has yet to be confirmed officially..

If people are screaming about delays before they even happen, or a release date is set, then I can't comment on that..

You can't delay something which does not have a release date set yet.. However much you would like to.

However the UK teaser clearly shows all versions are being released.

Locopells
05-08-2012, 12:41 PM
However the UK teaser clearly shows all versions are being released.

So much the better.

Seeing as the game has a couple of weeks to be finished 100% and the rest of the year will be left for Polishing and bug annihilation, I`d say that there is a pretty good chance that the PC version will be released on time..

My point exactly.

EscoBlades
05-08-2012, 12:44 PM
however the uk teaser clearly shows all versions are being released.

this!

Assassin_M
05-08-2012, 12:45 PM
this!
Seconded !!

Locopells
05-08-2012, 12:50 PM
Here's hoping the UK's right!

Assassin_M
05-08-2012, 12:51 PM
Here's hoping the UK's right!
I really feel your pain, I truly hope hope that ALL PC and console gamers get to play the game at the same time this year

SixKeys
05-08-2012, 12:52 PM
This is the reason I haven't pre-ordered the game yet. I'm 99% sure the PC version will be late again as it always has been, and that we won't hear about it officially until maybe 2 weeks before the console release. They can keep swearing up and down that all three versions will be released at the same time but I'm not holding my breath. At least this time they're covering their bases by saying the PC release date is yet to be confirmed (even though it contradicts what they previously said). If the game has to be delayed to smooth out some bugs, I'm willing to wait, I just want them to be upfront about it.

Locopells
05-08-2012, 12:57 PM
That was kinda my point as well - I didn't want to be the doomsayer, but in the past it's always been little clues like this that start to creep out and hint at the the delay that follows.

pirate1802
05-08-2012, 02:51 PM
I really feel your pain, I truly hope hope that ALL PC and console gamers get to play the game at the same time this year

I can accept if the delay is kept to revelations level; the amount of delay PC Brotherhood got was simply too much.

dxsxhxcx
05-08-2012, 03:29 PM
I can accept if the delay is kept to revelations level; the amount of delay PC Brotherhood got was simply too much.

this will probably be the case and they know that, then why they can't tell us since day 1 that the game will be delayed and if possible give us a solid date? Someone should say to whoever make this decision that know beforehand that the game will be delayed is not worse than have our hopes of play the game at the same date as everyone crushed two weeks before its release (even if for a small time), I wonder if they already asked themselves if this lack of transparency doesn't affect their other titles, because I can bet this certainly happens, and guess what, AC won't live forever...

what bothers me is not the fact the game will be delayed, I hate this but their lack of transparency regarding this situation is far worse, say that they don't have an official date for the release of the PC version doesn't help more than discover two weeks before the release that the same won't happen at the same date for the PC version, people will assume until they finally decide to tell us when the game will finally be released that it'll be released at the same day as the console version, and the same damage to their image will be done when this won't happen...

Mr_Shade
05-08-2012, 09:15 PM
The release date is still some time away, so they hope to hit a certain date, however if they announce a date, and are forced to miss it due to some unforeseen reason, people will moan..

Its best to wait until they are 100% sure of hitting a date, before they announce..

All of the UK advertising has stated that the PC version release date is to be confirmed, so hopefully people are reading that..

I know many people are waiting, however the PC version is coming, just at present there's no date set, due to them wanting to make sure the PC version is the best they can make.

pacmanate
05-08-2012, 09:22 PM
CBA to read through the whole thread, but at the end of the teaser in the small print it said something like PC date not confirmed or something

n00bfi_97
05-08-2012, 09:57 PM
Hey, PC users got the Da Vinci Disappearance for free didn't they? I think that was pretty fair and cool.

On another note, Assassin_M yer back!

Assassin_M
05-09-2012, 01:25 AM
Hey, PC users got the Da Vinci Disappearance for free didn't they? I think that was pretty fair and cool.

On another note, Assassin_M yer back!
It still hurts though im sure, that feeling of being left out until later..
And Yes !! Im back :D

Locopells
05-09-2012, 04:09 PM
It still hurts though I'm sure, that feeling of being left out until later..

What he said.