PDA

View Full Version : So...where's the **** fix for the income issue?

MrPenPen
05-05-2012, 02:52 AM
It's been 6+ months now. We were told they were aware of the issue back in November. So why hasn't this been f***ing patched?! Yea, I mad bro. My favorite part of playing the recent AC games has been ruined. I won't be buying 3 if this is the kind of quality I can look forward to.

rileypoole1234
05-05-2012, 03:05 AM
Calm down. AC3 will be completely different, we won't even be buying houses in AC3 so you need not worry about that.

As for the issue, I don't even know what issue you're talking about. It's not worth getting this mad over.

MrPenPen
05-05-2012, 03:09 AM
I'm not getting any **** money, that's what the problem is. It kind of kills half the crap you can do in the game.

Acrimonious_Nin
05-05-2012, 03:58 AM
Patience AC3 is a much better deal.

twenty_glyphs
05-05-2012, 04:45 AM
Why should the OP have patience for AC3 when he's mad that the product he's already paid for is broken in a way that really upsets him? AC3 will likely be a much higher quality release with fewer major bugs, but that doesn't excuse Revelations having some very major bugs, especially when it costs the same amount of money as AC3 will.

I'm still really upset about the music bug in the game, but I highly doubt it or the income glitch will ever get fixed at this point. The community managers heard our complaints, but management decided it wasn't worth the money it would cost to fix the bugs, test them thoroughly, and then pay Microsoft and Sony to host the patch. I really can't blame them either. They already have our money and already sold millions of copies of Revelations, so why should they spend money to fix its issues when it likely won't make them much money in return? Sadness of reality I'm afraid.

xOMGITSJASONx
05-05-2012, 07:23 AM
Patches cost at least $25.000 to a developer. Its easy to cry about a single gameplay element but understand there is a cost associated with each patch. This is the reason I do not cry about patches ever.

Jamison_J_B
05-05-2012, 08:45 AM
I can completely understand where the OP is coming from. I have been playing games (everyday vs. casually) since 1985. Back then, there was no world wide web for publishers to post their patches to, and if you owned a console, the code was 100% checked (for the most part) extremely well for debugging. Now granted, code nowadays is alot more complex (whether it be engine, shell or program files), but the same principle applies. Publishers will continue to push half-baked code onto their customers, until people let them know that that b.s. won't fly, and pronounce that idea via the wallets. Now, suffice it to say, that will probably never happen.

Aren't people getting tired of broken games? Everyone knows they've played atleast one in their lifetime. I guess I just come from a different age when software worked.

To OP, learn the lesson. When venturing out to purchase a new game: read reviews, ask people who have played the game, etc. Before making your next purchase. More power to you.

Sukramo
05-05-2012, 11:00 AM
Worse yet, ACR is THE game where stuff costs the most to buy. I cant synch with Project Leagacy like in Brotherhood to get LOTS of cash back and the broken banks only give income every 2 hours.

How do you break something that wasent broken in the previous game? And then NOT fix it?

ACR has no real way to make money. You cant play TD, I have looted all the chests, I keep sending out my Assasains, I have 100% synch on the memory but I STILL need about 1 million cash to buy all the monuments and the last ridiculously expensive Cappadocia books.

I have bought everything in AC2 and ACB on 2 profiles each. But for ACR its just not reasonable for me to spend days, grininding for something that is pointless.

Acrimonious_Nin
05-05-2012, 04:41 PM
Patches cost at least $25.000 to a developer. Its easy to cry about a single gameplay element but understand there is a cost associated with each patch. This is the reason I do not cry about patches ever.

^ This

Abeonis
05-05-2012, 04:54 PM
If a lack of money is as game-breaking as you're implying, you can't have progressed that far into the story. Have you thought of starting the game again with a fresh install?

dxsxhxcx
05-05-2012, 05:00 PM

it's their fault that the game has so many glitches, not the consumer, he has all the right to complain for something he PAID for... if Ubisoft want to avoid spend money with expensive patches, they should make their games right next time, give the developers enough time to test the product instead of put a stupid 1 year deadline and ask them to do miracles with that...

Acrimonious_Nin
05-05-2012, 05:05 PM
Well then who's fault is it that at the last moment Assassins Creed: Lost Legacy for the 3DS turned into Assassins Creed: Revelations ? it was destined for ruin anyways. Actually it's a pretty good job for a game that was in development for only 1 year or so. AC3 has been in development for over 2 years so patience will reveal the new game and its 'fixed' parts that probably was fixed for AC3 and not Revelations.

UrDeviant1
05-05-2012, 05:35 PM
With AC3 In a so called "Alpha" stage already, I am expecting there to be NO annoying glitches, especially the no music glitch. man i hated that.

Sukramo
05-05-2012, 06:28 PM
If a lack of money is as game-breaking as you're implying, you can't have progressed that far into the story. Have you thought of starting the game again with a fresh install?

No, the bank money system is bugged in ACR. You get money only like every 3-4 hours.

I havent timed it, but its stupidly slow.

Acrimonious_Nin
05-05-2012, 08:52 PM
The bank thing was fixed in thee last update for PS3, atleast for me.

Black_Widow9
05-05-2012, 10:05 PM
It's been 6+ months now. We were told they were aware of the issue back in November. So why hasn't this been f***ing patched?! Yea, I mad bro. My favorite part of playing the recent AC games has been ruined. I won't be buying 3 if this is the kind of quality I can look forward to.
Please post without your use of language.

Could you let us know what console you are using? I assume you are playing Assassin's Creed Revelations?
http://ubisoft.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/15905/p/1421,2354

There are a number of things that factor into the bank income timer. The most important thing to remember is that the timer/counter is specific to the Constantinople map. This means that the timer will reset at certain points during gameplay (ex: when playing Den Defense, Altair missions, Cappadocia, etc). Also, the timer will reset if a mission is aborted.

Have you downloaded all of the patches? Have you tried contacting Ubisoft Support? You can find the link in my signature. ;)

Serrachio
05-06-2012, 05:31 AM
Please post without your use of language.

Could you let us know what console you are using? I assume you are playing Assassin's Creed Revelations?
http://ubisoft.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/15905/p/1421,2354

Have you downloaded all of the patches? Have you tried contacting Ubisoft Support? You can find the link in my signature. ;)

I think it's a bit stupid that bank income resets at all. It should be constant, just like Apprentice Contracts are constant. (except on Animus Island, of course, where it could be paused)

I mean, why stop the bank timer running at all, considering that it costs so much for stuff in the shops, the landmarks, and having to repair cities in Mediterranean Defense.

Sukramo
05-06-2012, 09:15 AM
The "wounded assasain timer" is also bugged.

If Ubisoft leaves AC3 in the same buggy state they left ACR.........

Acrimonious_Nin
05-06-2012, 03:36 PM
I ran into a bug where I assassinated a soldier, then he just got back up and started walking away >_> ....I think he was a spartan for sure.... XD

masterfenix2009
05-06-2012, 06:41 PM
I've dealt with these bugs......