PDA

View Full Version : ...and please, be honest.

Udidtoo
04-30-2004, 11:25 AM
I was just wondering how many people can cliam that they have completed Extreme Ones RAF camp. from start to finish without a single pilot death.

I have always forced myself to delete my offline pilots whenever they are either killed or captured. Doing so is often fustrating but I figure you can't claim to have tied or beaten anyones record if you hit refly.

The RAF camp. is making me really want to break my self impossed rule or I fear I will never finish the dang thing. If I had been a real pilot in the AEF the telagram to Mum would read.

We regret to inform you that your son was list KIA somewhere in France due to his having a lead bullet magnet tied to his head-stop.

I swear I get PK'd in that camp.more than any other one in FB/AEP. I guess thats why I'm always going back for more. Thanks for the goodness Extreme one, if it were too easy I wouldn't appreciate it so much.

I always have just enough fuel to arrive at the scene of my crash.

Udidtoo
04-30-2004, 11:25 AM
I was just wondering how many people can cliam that they have completed Extreme Ones RAF camp. from start to finish without a single pilot death.

I have always forced myself to delete my offline pilots whenever they are either killed or captured. Doing so is often fustrating but I figure you can't claim to have tied or beaten anyones record if you hit refly.

The RAF camp. is making me really want to break my self impossed rule or I fear I will never finish the dang thing. If I had been a real pilot in the AEF the telagram to Mum would read.

We regret to inform you that your son was list KIA somewhere in France due to his having a lead bullet magnet tied to his head-stop.

I swear I get PK'd in that camp.more than any other one in FB/AEP. I guess thats why I'm always going back for more. Thanks for the goodness Extreme one, if it were too easy I wouldn't appreciate it so much.

I always have just enough fuel to arrive at the scene of my crash.

_VR_ScorpionWorm
04-30-2004, 11:58 AM
I just started it again and Ive been shot down every time by those HE111s. Havent died yet but will let you know if I do. My last mission I completed was doing the combat patrol with only 1/2 fuel. So far so good.

"We went like this, He went like that, I said to Hollywood 'Where'd he go?', Hollywood said, 'Where'd WHO go'-TOPGUN

leadbaloon
04-30-2004, 12:15 PM
I crashed and died on take off in the first mission. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/88.gif

leadbaloon
04-30-2004, 12:16 PM
I was trying to roll a *** at the time....

PBNA-Boosher
04-30-2004, 12:20 PM
Sadly, my computer is too slow to run FB's campaigns. I can't really handle more than 8 planes in the air at a time anymore. I do have an okay comp downstairs though that might run it. Chances are I'll die after I run out of ammunition by crashing my plane into an He-111. Funny, I feel like I would do that in real life if my plane was badly damaged enough.

AWL_Spinner
04-30-2004, 01:49 PM
I would love to do it, I really would. All difficulty settings on, I managed to get all the way through France and back onto English turf before I lost a pilot. By lost a pilot I actually mean killed, I had successfully crash landed and or/bailed over friendly lines before.

I ALMOST went back and started again but when the lead really starts flying in the Battle of Britain the tension to stay alive becomes enormous. Although this can only be a good thing - I guess that's realistic!

I'd have to look up my stats again but in the end I think I lost twelve or so airframes - three on that ship recon mission near the end - for about four pilots killed. I had shot down over forty, I think.

What's nice with the large skin pack is every time you write off an airframe (within reason) you can select a new aircraft from the squadron.

One day, I'll go back and do it again, see if I can do better. Airframe losses in single figures and no pilot deaths would be the ultimate ambition.

Cheers, Spinner

http://www.alliedwingedlegion.com/members/signatures/spinner_sig.jpg