PDA

View Full Version : Do you think we need to have an Archery free-aim system?

MetalCreed
04-28-2012, 08:12 PM
Or even a free-aim system for guns?

I know this isn't an FPS/ TPS or anything, but I feel it's ALMOST useless to have pistols and archery if all you have to do is hold down one ****on and it auto-matically aims for you and kill off the guy.
It's completely boring and takes the fun out of using pistols and bows, despite how useful both weapons are.

Just an idea I'm pretty sure.

Ubisoft said that there will be bows and arrows in the game, which sounds like a great idea, but I don't want it to be the way it was with ACB/ACR.

FilipinoNinja67
04-28-2012, 08:27 PM
I think there should have been. There was already a thread discussing this though, type "free aim" in the search bar at the top right corner of the screen.

MetalCreed
04-28-2012, 08:30 PM
I think there should have been. There was already a thread discussing this though, type "free aim" in the search bar at the top right corner of the screen.

Sorry for that, I had thought of it, but I didn't check for it.

FilipinoNinja67
04-28-2012, 08:35 PM
It's fine but you're getting removed off my list of people that I was going to add to my friends list.

eagleforlife1
04-28-2012, 08:59 PM
Yes, there should have been a free aim system. Who knows Ubi said that they would be making tweaks to the game between now and release. Maybe a free aim system may still be implemented.

MetalCreed
04-28-2012, 09:27 PM
It's fine but you're getting removed off my list of people that I was going to add to my friends list.

LOL

What are you 12?
You're sounding extremely childish.

D.I.D.
04-28-2012, 10:35 PM
Yes, absolutely.

Unfortunately it's of most use to PC mouse/kb users, and that's not the favoured input system. I would have thought controller users would still want to aim, but it's amazing how many of them want a barely interactive film.

Look out for Dishonored. It's got a lot of promise, so I hope they pull it off.

playassassins1
04-28-2012, 10:57 PM
Free-aim would be the best way to do this. Auto-aim wouldn't be so fun, especially when you're hunting on animals.

FilipinoNinja67
04-28-2012, 11:14 PM
LOL

What are you 12?
You're sounding extremely childish.

No I am 21 and I have a youtube channel. I live in my mom's house and I know everything about respect and maturity! And that is not answering any question that would make me look bad!

I was just messing around with you. :P

Free aim would be nice as long as it was only for the bow and not the pistols. I see the bow as a deadly silent tool needing a lot of skill and precision to use effectively. Auto-aim would diminish that unless it is an auto-aim done right like Batman Akrham's batarang aim. If it was like that I would be fine with it.

rileypoole1234
04-29-2012, 12:16 AM
No. With Connor such a perfect warrior, he really wouldn't miss. At least with the bow, that is.

But for gameplay purposes I think we need it at least for the bow and arrow. Maybe not the pistols. They were extremely unreliable to begin with, so I think we shouldn't be able to free aim, but there should be a chance to miss with them.

MetalCreed
04-29-2012, 12:18 AM
No. With Connor such a perfect warrior, he really wouldn't miss. At least with the bow, that is.

But for gameplay purposes I think we need it at least for the bow and arrow. Maybe not the pistols. They were extremely unreliable to begin with, so I think we shouldn't be able to free aim, but there should be a chance to miss with them.

I was thinking that even if you aim for the head, there's a 70% chance it could miss. Like a really realistic and inaccurate weapon with some really slow reloading.

InfamousQ1987
04-29-2012, 12:42 AM
I wouldn't mind the bow and arrow gameplay to be similar to I Am Alive. First person auto aim, with the option to free aim. It would be alot different then what we usually see in AC, also the ability to pick up arrows would be nice. So it would be auto aim/free aim. Has anyone played I Am Alive? Or at least seen the bow and arrow gameplay? If so what do you think of this idea?

Forgot to mention, I think first person would be great for only the bow and arrow. For guns they can do the same idea, but in third person. Auto aim, or you can click the right thumb stick to manually aim.
Any thoughts?

smengler
04-29-2012, 12:58 AM
What if, instead of 100% free aim or 100% lock on/no free aim, there was a 3rd person view from behind the character's shoulder (ex: gears of war). Instead of having a 100% free-aim, the "rectile" would lock on to different parts of the enemy's body. Now you could still choose where to shoot or who to shoot at using the right analog stick, but you would still hit the enemy and be able to shoot fast and while moving.

FilipinoNinja67
04-29-2012, 01:07 AM
What if, instead of 100% free aim or 100% lock on/no free aim, there was a 3rd person view from behind the character's shoulder (ex: gears of war). Instead of having a 100% free-aim, the "rectile" would lock on to different parts of the enemy's body. Now you could still choose where to shoot or who to shoot at using the right analog stick, but you would still hit the enemy and be able to shoot fast and while moving.

That's what I was talking about with the Arkham's batarang aiming system.

smengler
04-29-2012, 01:18 AM
That's what I was talking about with the Arkham's batarang aiming system.

Okay, I have never played that game so I wasn't sure.

FilipinoNinja67
04-29-2012, 03:10 AM
I recommend both, they are awesome stealth/action adventure games.