PDA

View Full Version : New gameplay component announcement coming for NPCs in the few months

DavisP92
04-27-2012, 11:34 AM
http://www.ausgamers.com/features/read/3202878

This is a new interview with Alex, however the only thing I found interesting was" We also have a huge system that we haven’t announced yet built around some brand new gameplay that I’m dying to talk about, but we can’t announce for the next few months! But it will be centred around the most advanced and detailed NPC behaviours we’ve ever built".

OriginalMiles
04-27-2012, 11:36 AM
Will NPCs be able to not annoy you at every turn, I hope so.

pacmanate
04-27-2012, 03:30 PM
In the next few months? We all know we are getting info in the next few months lol

freddie_1897
04-27-2012, 03:39 PM
i can tell you for a fact then blending has been made more interactive, if you blend with a group of guys painting a house you'll paint the house with them

UrDeviant1
04-27-2012, 04:01 PM
Can't wait to find out what, on top of what freddie mentioned, this could be. Maybe another way to Interact (talk) with NPC's :confused:

SleezeRocker
04-27-2012, 04:05 PM
Walk up to fancy ladies and offer coins, bills or new fur coat (Hahahaha XD) and then she'll slap Connor :P
Hahahaha!

fidelfm
04-27-2012, 04:51 PM
Excellent http://www.spgames.info/g.gif

Timeaus
04-27-2012, 06:35 PM
Oh yes, I read this yesterday and I'm very curious to what it could be. Alex seemed to be very excited about it, so it has to be something big.

Josegtx13
04-27-2012, 07:50 PM
Walk up to fancy ladies and offer coins, bills or new fur coat (Hahahaha XD) and then she'll slap Connor :P
Hahahaha!

Lol.

He should take some lessons from Ezio. lol

Serrachio
04-27-2012, 09:20 PM
Lol.

He should take some lessons from Ezio. lol

He'll probably thrust it towards her without saying anything, being the wordless type that he is, and then she'll blink slowly and gently take it from his hands, before walking away awkwardly. After this, Connor will blush, but still say nothing at the events. :p

rileypoole1234
04-27-2012, 09:29 PM
I honestly can't think of any incredible NPC things besides just making them plain smarter. I'm very interested to hear what it is.

playassassins1
04-27-2012, 09:54 PM
I honestly can't think of any incredible NPC things besides just making them plain smarter. I'm very interested to hear what it is.

Maybe they age. For example: A shopkeeper gets older during the game, and you'll have Funerals when Npc's eventually die

OriginalMiles
04-27-2012, 10:07 PM
Maybe they age. For example: A shopkeeper gets older during the game, and you'll have Funerals when Npc's eventually die
Yeah, and if he dies, his son takes his place, and paper boy gets older and eventually stops being one, and other NPCs (like Washington) visibly get older instead of looking the same in every part of the game.

Serrachio
04-27-2012, 10:17 PM
I kind of hope that NPCs don't gormlessly drop whatever they're holding unless they're forcefully shoved, unless you use something like a gun right next to them, when the need for them to be frightened is believable.

Or even, if they still do drop stuff, make it look believeable. I think it's kind of annoying that I could barely knock someone and they're so overcome by clumsiness that they drop whatever they're holding. The way I see it, they don't need to break their stuff unless I barge into them with the tackle function. I get it's supposed to warrant suspicion of nearby targets (during tailing them) or guards, but I figure they can be loud by being loud-mouthed instead.

For instance, if my horse isn't that near to them, they could hop backwards and give me a judgemental glare as I ride off into the distance or make their discomfort known. If I happen to be barreling towards them though, I could understand them practically crapping themselves as they drop whatever they're holding so they they can fling themselves out of the way.

The same thing with people fishing and farming. If I knock into them slightly, I don't get why they drop whatever they're holding. They could just turn towards me with a look of slight frustration and maybe tell me to "piss off", or something of a cleaner variety, instead of hopping to their feet (fisherman) and letting go of their rake or rod.

Maybe it can be a fun element where if you annoy the same person over and over, say three to four times in a row, they could get angry and try to beat you with the rake/rod or their fists. You'll have to run off, else they'll call the guard or continue wailing on you with their makeshift weapon, seeing as you can't kill them without suffering the 3 civvie rule unless you punch them out.

BBALive
04-27-2012, 10:20 PM

That would actually be extremely easy to implement.

stingray10
04-27-2012, 10:40 PM
I think new gameplay for the NPCs will include,

Calling the guards if you have stolen their money or damaged them in some way like punching.
I think NPCs may curse you if you make them fall and shout with or without objects in their hands.
If you are on high notoriety they may call the guards, talk about you or move away from you to show you are notorious.
NPCs may come up to you with challenges like "I wonder if you can hit that apple with your bow..."
Lke someone said earlier they may change over time and when you greet you saying something like "i remember you when i was younger".
They may fight for you in certain cases if you do favourable deeds.

That's all i got for now...

tarrero
04-27-2012, 11:00 PM
I have always thought how dumb is that, after a huge fight or pursuit, you can hide, and then go that place again like nothing happened. It would be pretty cool if ubisoft could fix that, or like in metal gear, if you kill a guard, the others notice it, and they begin looking for you.

MetalCreed
04-27-2012, 11:42 PM
Sounds like some kick-*** AI.
I hope random events revamp are also part of this big news.
Also, will we have RPG- styled options to say what we want when speaking to NPC's?

SixKeys
04-28-2012, 12:33 AM
Sounds like some kick-*** AI.
I hope random events revamp are also part of this big news.
Also, will we have RPG- styled options to say what we want when speaking to NPC's?

That kind of option makes no sense in the AC universe. Desmond is reliving his ancestor's memories exactly as they happened, that means the ancestor could only ever say one particular thing during that memory.

Acrimonious_Nin
04-28-2012, 02:05 AM
I hope that with all this build up, that they have really made a change. I hope that now we can ''WALK'' ON ''RUN'' up stairs and not glide up them like escalators. I hope that they really will deliver what they're making the hype worth. it seems to me that alex hutchins has implied that from july-september we may be bombarded with trailers and gameplay video just like they usually do >_>.

Dtanobo
04-28-2012, 04:20 AM
Few months!? That's too far :( Hopefully some new details or screens come out to keep me interested :D

kefert
04-28-2012, 04:58 AM
That would actually be extremely easy to implement.

It would be weird if the NPCs age and die, but in the meantime, Connor stays young forever

Serrachio
04-28-2012, 05:14 AM
It would be weird if the NPCs age and die, but in the meantime, Connor stays young forever

Connor will probably age at certain points in the game, considering Ezio did throughout his trilogy.

playassassins1
04-28-2012, 10:36 AM

Of course not. Who said that Connor will stay young forever?

freddie_1897
04-28-2012, 03:50 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1TcDHrkQYg

I'm sorry, it had to be done

playassassins1
04-28-2012, 05:58 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1TcDHrkQYg

I'm sorry, it had to be done

Don't worry, it was necessary.

MetalCreed
04-28-2012, 08:04 PM
That kind of option makes no sense in the AC universe. Desmond is reliving his ancestor's memories exactly as they happened, that means the ancestor could only ever say one particular thing during that memory.

That was just an idea as I was thinking of all sorts of NPC-interaction changes.
But yeah, that wouldn't make any sense.

playassassins1
04-28-2012, 09:35 PM
That was just an idea as I was thinking of all sorts of NPC-interaction changes.
But yeah, that wouldn't make any sense.

Well, actually your idea is possible. For example: When you have to kill your target, you don't have to kill him exactly like Ezio killed him, you have choices. If thats possible, then choosing what to say to an NPC is also possible

SixKeys
04-29-2012, 12:19 AM
Even if choosing your dialogue were possible, it needs to stay far away from these games. I don't want AC to turn into Mass Effect.

TheHumanTowel
04-29-2012, 12:23 AM
Even if choosing your dialogue were possible, it needs to stay far away from these games. I don't want AC to turn into Mass Effect.
Yes. This series needs to stop trying to shoehorn in elements from other genres and focus on what is unique about AC. Still I don't think AC3 will have any dialogue choice at all.

Ultim4teSurviv4
04-29-2012, 01:55 AM
http://www.gamebandits.com/news/assassins-creed-3-crowd-dynamics-improved-40209/

This article has a few details. I don't know if it has already been posted, so sorry if it has.

"The other big revelation is that crowds will now centre around specific points and events and then disperse. Just like real crowds"

I found this part interesting but could also be annoying if your trying to escape without falling over.