PDA

View Full Version : Do you have a question for Jeffrey Yohalem? (Writer of Brotherhood and Lost Archive)

loomer979
04-24-2012, 08:00 PM
You can watch the final podcast here, thanks everyone!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAUtjtZPNxw

Original post below:

-----------------------

Hi folks, EscoBlades and I are prepping the second episode of our AC podcast in which we will be discussing The Lost Archive DLC with lead writer Jeffrey Yohalem (who was also the lead writer on Assassin's Creed Brotherhood)! As part of the show we're collecting some questions from the community and we'll ask him a selection of some of the highest voted ones.

If you would like to submit and vote on questions for Jeffrey, click here for more details: http://goo.gl/mod/WBLA

Please use the link above for questions for Jeffrey. If you post them in this thread, they will be ignored.

infamous_ezio
04-25-2012, 06:45 AM
good stuff man! when will the podcast be going up?

Sukramo
04-25-2012, 07:59 AM
No. But I would like a chat with the Revelations lead writer.

DiamondBlade_R
04-25-2012, 10:50 AM
How does he respond to the assumption that Lucy's betrayal, revealed in TLA, was not planned from the beginning, and to the fact that there was not any foreshadowing for it whatsoever throughout the previous three games?

EDIT: Submitted in link.

BeCk41
04-25-2012, 11:03 AM
The Lucy question is really my only one... why did the game devs kill her off? Is she really dead? These are all my basic questions.

Sukramo
04-25-2012, 03:06 PM
How does he respond to the assumption that Lucy's betrayal, revealed in TLA, was not planned from the beginning, and to the fact that there was not any foreshadowing for it whatsoever throughout the previous three games?

EDIT: Submitted in link.

There was foreshadowing.

In ACB:

-How did Lucy get the scemacis out of Abstergo?
-She has her ways, I improvised on the rest.
-Huh?

Seems fishy to me.

DiamondBlade_R
04-25-2012, 04:55 PM
There was foreshadowing.

In ACB:

-How did Lucy get the scemacis out of Abstergo?
-She has her ways, I improvised on the rest.
-Huh?

Seems fishy to me.
Anything that was in ACB doesn't count as foreshadowing, as that was the game where the've already decided to kill her off. What I meant was foreshadowing in AC1/AC2, as in something that, in retrospect, may provide proof that the decision to kill her off and depict her as having defected to the Templars was not made "on the go", but rather was there since the beginning.

loomer979
04-25-2012, 09:25 PM
good stuff man! when will the podcast be going up?

We're recording it on saturday, so it depends on how long I take to edit the episode together. Earliest would be sunday, otherwise definitely sometime early next week!

morpheusPrime08
04-26-2012, 10:22 PM
We're recording it on saturday, so it depends on how long I take to edit the episode together. Earliest would be sunday, otherwise definitely sometime early next week!

Where can we check out the podcast?

loomer979
04-27-2012, 05:56 AM
Where can we check out the podcast?

It'll be on my youtube channel, but I'll make a post on this forum when it's up too. BTW we record on saturday so today is last call for questions and votes everyone! Thanks for everything you've submitted and voted on so far.

EscoBlades
04-27-2012, 11:46 AM
It'll be on my youtube channel, but I'll make a post on this forum when it's up too. BTW we record on saturday so today is last call for questions and votes everyone! Thanks for everything you've submitted and voted on so far.

THIS! Thanks again everyone :D

Deltasparkz
04-27-2012, 05:15 PM
Anything that was in ACB doesn't count as foreshadowing, as that was the game where the've already decided to kill her off. What I meant was foreshadowing in AC1/AC2, as in something that, in retrospect, may provide proof that the decision to kill her off and depict her as having defected to the Templars was not made "on the go", but rather was there since the beginning.

I would disagree
AC1 she is missing a finger due to the fact in AC1 they had to cut of a finger for the hidden blade
AC2 Da Vinci finds a way to not have to cut of your finger for the hidden blade, which would cause suspicion
AC: Brotherhood has soo many hints to that she is a templar with the eagle vision in the villa, Desmond stabbing her and suspicious E-mails

OriginalMiles
04-27-2012, 05:24 PM
I would disagree
AC1 she is missing a finger due to the fact in AC1 they had to cut of a finger for the hidden blade
AC2 Da Vinci finds a way to not have to cut of your finger for the hidden blade, which would cause suspicion
AC: Brotherhood has soo many hints to that she is a templar with the eagle vision in the villa, Desmond stabbing her and suspicious E-mails
Wow, you think she was missing finger? Did you play AC1? Because she actually bent it back.
How does Leonardo da Vinci fixing the hidden blade have anything to do with it, and Leo didn't upgrade it, Altair fixed it and wrote it in the codex and Leonardo da Vinci just followed it, and Lucy probably never used a hidden blade.
How does eagle vision come into this, and Desmond stabbed her because of she was a templar, that isn't foreshadowing, what suspicious e-mails? The only suspicious thing in ACB was she went missing in those sequences (I can't remember which, have to replay) and that mysterious van people keep mentioning.

And like DiamondBlade said, ACB does not count, because she was already meant to be killed off, AC1 and AC2 foreshadowing is what people want to know.

MasterSimaYi
04-27-2012, 05:59 PM
I would disagree

The cutting of the ring finger was more of a tradition among just the Levantine Assassins to ensure the commitment of whoever wields a hidden blade. As evidenced by Darius' statue in the Sanctuary, the ring finger did not need to be cut when the hidden blade was first created. After Alta´r became Mentor he already redesigned the hidden blade so ring fingers did not need to be cut, and the Assassins particularly did not cut off their ring finger by modern times. Lucy indeed just bended it back. Plus, if her ring finger was cut off I doubt she would have gotten even close to any Abstergo facility without being taken down.

Poodle_of_Doom
04-27-2012, 06:09 PM
Please post a link when the interview is completed for us....

POP1Fan
04-27-2012, 08:15 PM
Is it canon that Ezio is Christian?

freddie_1897
04-27-2012, 08:20 PM
i hope you do an AC3 Q&A as well, it'd be nice to finally have one where we can trust that someone will ask the right questions

loomer979
04-27-2012, 10:38 PM
i hope you do an AC3 Q&A as well, it'd be nice to finally have one where we can trust that someone will ask the right questions

I think something like that would be much more likely to show up on the Official AC podcast. Unfortunately things tend to move at a glacial pace @ Ubisoft for anything related to that podcast but we'll see what happens! I thought the Game Informer podcast with Alex Hutchinson actually turned out surprisingly well.

Kit572
04-28-2012, 06:56 AM
No. But I would like a chat with the Revelations lead writer.

I want to ask him/her what was going through their head when they came up with the obvious line: "The hookblade has two parts you see: The hook, and the blade! An elegant design"

De Filosoof
04-28-2012, 10:28 AM
Yeah i have a question.
Where was Lucy's Voice?
Does this have something to do with Kristen Bell leaving the team and why they had to kill her off?

MasterSimaYi
04-28-2012, 12:10 PM
I want to ask him/her what was going through their head when they came up with the obvious line: "The hookblade has two parts you see: The hook, and the blade! An elegant design"

He created that line because when the hookblade was first announced, fans were going mad and asking why the hidden blade had been removed. So he added that line in to emphasize that the hookblade was an upgrade to the hidden blade and not necessarily a replacement.

Kit572
04-29-2012, 05:47 AM
He created that line because when the hookblade was first announced, fans were going mad and asking why the hidden blade had been removed. So he added that line in to emphasize that the hookblade was an upgrade to the hidden blade and not necessarily a replacement.

Ah, ok. I thought he was just being really obvious.