04-24-2012, 05:28 PM
Get it here,

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=31446

readme as follows,

README

Il-2 Sturmovik: 1946

v.4.11.1

Warning

The current version 4.11.1 is not compatible with the previous versions of the flight simulator when playing over the network (Online). Both the server and client must have the appropriate versions in order to connect.

Attention: Version 4.11.1 is only for a merged 1946 version of the simulator of the proper version (FB+AEP+PF).

Add-On Installation Instructions (Please read carefully)

The Il-2 1946 add-on v.4.11.1 installs only over v.4.11m

In order to install this add-on, run the exe file and follow the on-screen instructions.

Please note that this add-on is impossible to install over stand alone Pacific Fighters.

Content of 4.11.1

4.11.1 is a small patch to address bugs and issues that were introduced with 4.11 or before. The following is an incomplete list of what has been fixed or changed, in no particular order:

- Ki-45 pilot and gunner skin changes
- Pe-8 and TB-7 gondola gunner head fix
- SM.79 gunsight toggle bombsight view fix
- Pe-8 now leaves crater when crashed into the ground
- Il-4 flaps operation lever animated correctly
- Pe-8 and TB-7 engine panel view glitch fixed
- M-105 series oil and water temperature limits changed
- Cant.Z506 can now take off with loaded plane
- Re.2000 can now carry 2x100kg bombs and Hungarian markings
- Player can now see a message dialog when joining a home base that has no planes left
- QMB now works with pair take off
- Early/late torpedo versions caused problems in the loadout list
- Fixed Java error when changing plane in FMB
- Fixed IK-3 navigation lights
- Static Fw 190A-4 1.42ata added
- Blow up flaps for F6F and F4U added
- Void skins for Cant.Z506 Mosquito XVIII and Fw 190A-4FR added
- Change of MG17 lamps in Fw 190A-4 to A-6
- Player's bomb delay value in arming screen now stays unchanged when viewing other planes
- Wingman no longer explodes at the end of taxiing in Crimea Red Scramble QMB mission
- I-250 shows proper RAF, RAAF and RN marking
- Fixed missing SM.79 pilot's head that caused plane to freeze in air
- Ki-45 aileron animation now correct
- New Ki-45 skins by Hayate
- Italian Autoblinda can now elevate the gun
- IK-3 changed to allied side
- Mosquito Mk.XVIII is no longer pink when no ammo is selected
- Changed .50 cal belt from APIT - AP - HE - AP to APIT - AP - API - AP
- AI in Mosquito Mk.XVIII will now attack ground targets
- Jet planes can now take off without burning their engines
- Pe-8 and TB-7 are normal to taxi now
- A few fixes in German localisation
- Bug with Il-4 being partially invulnerable fixed
- Army briefing now always fully visible
- P-39 no longer has permanent fuel pressure warning light
- Beaufighter now shows bullet holes in ****pit
- Fixed Beaufighter ****pit throttle section
- TBD gunner no longer grows an extra head when first one is lost
- G.50 compass shows more correct numbers
- Glitch with Ar 234 external gunsight from in ****pit view fixed
- Cowl flaps on TB-7 are now animated correctly
- Bf 110G-2 wing roots no longer invisible from ****pit
- Fixed wrong night gauge textures in Re.2000 and G.50
- Removed jet flame engine damage graphics for piston engines
- Seafire radiator now animated
- Fix in Ar 234 ****pit
- Hs 129 pitch control lamps swapped
- Fixes of Il-4 ****pit texture
- Fixes in plane and loadout names in Russian localisation
- Stationary planes somewhat less resistant to explosions
- Changes in FM of Pe-8 and TB-7
- Changes Pe-8 and TB-7 turret ammo count
- Active water injection no longer increases engine temperature
- Jet oil temperature is calculated differently
- Tuning of overheat parameters for a number of planes
- Changes to German electric fuze parameters
- Changed test runway spawning method to that of carriers
- Dead pilot's head does no longer move
- Spin shooting algorithm refined
- Changes to F4U and F6F FM for more correct take off behaviour
- Sunset and night lighting changes
- Removed some fuel consumption rates
- Changed canopy of Fw 190A-8 Mistel external model to match ****pit model
- Fixed clipping issues with Ki-27 & Ki-43-I tube sights
- Fixed Avia B-534 gunsight when seat is raised
- Small 6DoF related fixes in F6F-3, P-38, Ki-61 & Bf-109E ****pits
- Showing test runway map icons when realistic navigation is on
- Added generic spawn plane as stationary plane
- Changed AI so that last plane in formation performs maneuvers for checking blind spots
- Tweaks to AI shooting
- AI maneuvers fine tuned
- Small changes in AI defensive maneuvers selection
- Fixed all engine temperature instruments (see guide)
- Removed a crashlanded Bf109 from Bessarabia Blue Scramble QMB missions

Enjoy, i will be.:cool:

DKoor
04-24-2012, 10:36 PM
Nice, thanks for sharing!:cool:

mortoma
04-24-2012, 11:47 PM
The language filter is so unsophisticated that it filters out the word 'c0ckpit'!! How stupid is that?? BTW, I hope this patch is a lot better that 4.11 was.

Tully__
04-25-2012, 02:01 AM
The language filter is so unsophisticated that it filters out the word 'c0ckpit'!! How stupid is that??
Stupid enough that it has the forum admin guys stumped. There are other stupidities as well involving a "bad" word embedded in a longer innocent word.

Sillius_Sodus
04-25-2012, 06:20 AM
I just took the F4U for a spin. Acceleration on take off is much better, as is cruise speed. Just don't try to turn, you'll lose a ton of energy and have a very hard time getting it back.

Still, it's a small price to pay for such a great series of updates to IL2.

Thanks TD!:)

Heliopause
05-16-2012, 11:14 AM
Just installed it and took a few planes for a spin. Pilots head seems to move now according to mouse movement. Cool!
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b334/PauseHelio/D21pilothead.png

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b334/PauseHelio/CW21pilothead.png

b_carmichael
05-16-2012, 03:58 PM
Hi,
Had a question. I have the 1946 dvd retail. I got the patch 4.08m. Where do I get the 4.11m ? And are these compatible for the 1946 version standalone? Thanx...Brent

FoolTrottel
05-16-2012, 04:55 PM
You will be needing a bit more than just the 4.11m patch.
Yes, these are compatible for your version

But, more importantly, you will be needing 4.09m and 4.10m as well! And, in the meantime, 4.11.1m has arrived.

Find them here: http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads&c=605
(You may need to register at http://www.mission4today.com first to be able download the files)

Using the titles in use at mission4today, this is what you need to download, and to install in that order:
1- 4.09 Official Patch
2- IL-2 1946 Patch 4.10 International Version
3- IL-2 1946 4.11 International Upgrade
4- 4.11.1 Patch Fix, International Version

Good Luck!

Choctaw111
05-25-2012, 04:44 PM
The pilot's head will now move with trackIR? This is a feature that has been long overdue. Nice one :)

thefruitbat
05-25-2012, 04:58 PM
The pilot's head will now move with trackIR? This is a feature that has been long overdue. Nice one :)

yeah, its funny when you all park up next to each other after a mission, and the headbanging commences!

Worf101
05-31-2012, 03:59 PM
Wow, I JUST patched up to 4.11 and now this. I fly so rarely I didn't notice much of a change but stock is "nice". Thanks for the improvements.

Worf

Sillius_Sodus
05-31-2012, 05:49 PM
Yup, the stock game is a lot more interesting now, there are one or two things I'm not crazy about but all in all it's a definite improvement.

fknox
05-31-2012, 06:41 PM
Fruitbat and all,
Can you guys give me some examples of the improvements that you are seeing? I've been playing this game (playing, not really simming) on and off for almost 2 years now, starting at 4.09 for quite a while and now have a stock game up to 4.11 and have HSFX5 on a modded version. I really can't see allot of difference from 4.09 to now. I have noticed some of the Plutonium effects in HSFX5 are pretty cool when you blow up an enemy plane, but in reality the EXPLOSION is somewhat unrealistic even though it looks pretty cool and the smoke flies past your plane in a prettty realistic fasion and that's GREAT, but that's really about all I can see. As I said, I'm playing in low difficulty, but that wouldn't effect the visual. Is it because you guys are flying Full Switch that you notice such a difference? I am set on Perfect Scenery so I figure I should see anything that's better.
So if you would, please elaborate on the improvements you are seeing or what missions I should fly to see these great improvements that everyone keeps raving about. Believe me I love this sim and it is DEEP. I know I haven't even scratched the surface of this thing even after 2 years. I'm planning on starting an new Dgen for BoB 85th Squadron that's available from M4T and I will start in Full Switch mode and go thru the whole campaign. But sometimes you need some instant gratificaton and some eye candy so someone please tell me where I can find it. Thanks, F.
BTW if anyone thinks it matters- Dell 4600C Pentium 4, 2.8gh, 2gb ram (max), ASUS 3450 AGP 512mb. TH2GO w/ 3 screens, TrackIR5. Logitech Extreme Stick.

Aviar
05-31-2012, 08:30 PM
Your post is a little confusing. You mostly talk about HSFX5, but that is only 4.10.1. You won't see any 4.11 content in HSFX5.

Have you seen the 4.11 readme? It will give you a nice overview of the changes/additions. Better yet, check out the 4.11 Guide in PDF form. It will explain in greater detail all of the new content.

Aviar

thefruitbat
05-31-2012, 08:37 PM
Hi fknox, the improvements aren't visual by and large.

The improvements from 4.09 to 4.11.1 that are why i wouldn't even consider flying 4.09 now are things such as structural G limits for the planes, much better engine overheat features, better ordnance features, much much improved AI (a revelation in itself), 6dof for all c0ckpits as stock (which meant considerable work on a huge amount of c0ckpits).

These are all game changing features that i have been wanting for a long time, as particularly the new engine overheat parameters really change the way you have to fly, no more of this BS of flying around on nearly full power all the time, and now actually having to think more about the relationship between rpm and manifold pressure regarding engine temps.

If you aren't flying with certain difficulty switches turned on, then you will not notice many of the new features however.

Mod packs rather than official patches tend to add eye candy, with different effects, improved ****pit textures and retextured maps etc etc...

However, with the very soon to be public release of HSFX 6 which goes over a 4.11.1, thats my flying of choice without doubt, its a very good package. Its by far the best version of IL2 i've ever flown, there's some really cool stuff in this version, along with the 4.11.1 goodness.

Re your intended DGEN campaign that you intend to run full switch, I personally wouldn't, I'd fly everything full switch EXCEPT for 'no instant success'. This to me is the most stupid setting in the game, essentially turning the campaign into a game with levels. In reality, you screw up a mission, you just go on to the next, you don't go back in time and refly it until you get it right. However this is just my opinion.

Anyway, hope that explains a few things.

fruitbat.

fknox
06-01-2012, 02:01 PM
Thanks Bat,
I was kind of thinking that was it. I will endeavor to immerse myself further into this world by starting a campaighn as a true simmer rather that just playing around as I have been. Maybe then I will learn to appreciate the differences in the patches. If I can survive, who knows, maybe eventually I could fly online with a squadron.

Tully__
06-01-2012, 02:36 PM
Even with the improved AI, the best and possibly only way to learn to fly online with a squadron is to fly online with a squadron. ;)

Sillius_Sodus
06-01-2012, 06:19 PM
Even with the improved AI, the best and possibly only way to learn to fly online with a squadron is to fly online with a squadron. ;)

What Tully_ said, you should join an online squadron. You will get your posterior handed to you with great regularity at first unless you are some kind of prodigy but in time you will get better.

Don't be afraid about gong online, it's a whole new game.

fknox
06-01-2012, 06:49 PM
Thanks for the encouragement fellas. I just think I should try a campaign flying full switch as opposed to playing around "invulnerable" and "unlimited" at 110% WEP about 100% of the time. Like I mentioned above, I've been playing, not simming for a long time. I'm gonna have to break some bad habits I'm sure. I figure I'll approach it like a whole new game. A simulator this time as opposed to a first person shooter with wings like I have been. I know I'll get pummeled as I have read from others repeatedly trying to actually fly the plane. The only thing I think I have working for me is I have flown RC planes for years and I had about 30 hours in a tail dragger until I had to give it up for lack of funds.

Now not to beat a dead horse, but since you guys are responding, for those times I need an instant fix, any of you know where to find the good eye candy in HSFX5 that I've been asking about? Like the plane and map that's in Fruitbats signiture, That's not like any map I've flown over in IL2. I'm assuming that's a screen cap of his own correct? What mission would I have to load to fly over that scenery? That's what I'm talking about.

Tully__
06-02-2012, 01:33 AM
At first glance, Fruitbat's sig looks like it may have come from Cliffs of Dover rather than 1946. I may be wrong.
Peoples' sigs that use in game shots are not necessarily from this game. I had a CFS2 screenshot as a sig for quite a while because the aircraft I wanted to portray was not at the time available in IL2. I see there are some still about that are from FSX or XPlane (+ scenery packs in most cases). There are also some that are in game shots but heavily photoshopped, in some case with RL backgrounds behind in game aircraft.

thefruitbat
06-03-2012, 11:14 AM
Yep, my sig is a CloD screen grab, not IL2 1946.

To fly over that scenery like that, you need to have a 580GTX, and be able to put up with a thousand bugs, and its still not smooth.....

Which is why i have only got 58 hours in the game despite having it since its day of russian release.

I've given up on CloD truth be told.

Roll on HSFX 6.

fknox
06-25-2012, 05:38 PM
Thanks for all your input Bat. I'll be installing HSFX 6 over 5 soon so I can try flying realistic. But I also installed UP3RC4 with Plutonim Max effects and 352nd Crosss Channel Map and 10-78 Coop Mission Pack. Got the eye candy I've been looking for. Found tons of EXCELLENT Graphics, maps etc. It's straining my sad old Dell P4 but I'm about to get a new rig so i really can't wait to see ALL the cinfig settings maxed out, spread over 6 screens. With Forest on 1 the Croydon Attack Mission almost looks like Cliffs of Dover. I could probably get a screen cap that would look almost as good as your sig. Thanks again.

Tully__
06-26-2012, 10:28 AM
HSFX6 wants to go over a clean 4.11.1 install rather than over a previously modded install.

redgremlin
09-03-2012, 10:38 AM
I'm sure that this is a very simple query but how do I access the .exe file to install the 4.11.1 Patch, which I've downloaded, over my 4.11?

If the installation is OK, I guess that 4.11.1 will show up as the version when I load the sim.

redgremlin
10-19-2012, 02:14 PM
I've solved the problem by doing a complete uninstall and reinstalled from the CD and all the patches.
Every time that I attempted to install 4.11.1 it looked as if it was installing OK but 4.11 always came up when I tried to play.