PDA

View Full Version : New to AC

xslayer59
04-23-2012, 11:41 PM
So i finally decided to pick up ACR. When AC1 was announced i was jumping off my couch. Then i played 10 minuites of it and figured out it was not as fast paced and fun as the trailers made it look to be. My mistake. So years go buy and I buy brotherhood. Not impressed but intreged. House got robbed and xbox and all games were included. So I went and bought a PS3 and now i have ACR. Only bought it cause it was 30 bucks and came with AC1 for free. Well im playing it now and I LOVE IT. Especially the Tower defence parts. But i love the game all around. A little lost in the story myself. So my question is should i bother playing AC1 and then going and buying AC2 and brotherhood or should I continue ACR and beat it first. I have heard the only real great one was AC2 so im just curious on if its worth my time.

dxsxhxcx
04-23-2012, 11:51 PM
if you're interested in understand the story you should play all of them, specially AC2, that also has a lot of side missions that'll keep you busy for some time... :)

jmk1999
04-24-2012, 12:19 AM
woot! AC2's my favorite in the series! :D

berserker134
04-24-2012, 12:24 AM
agreed AC2

De Filosoof
04-24-2012, 12:33 AM
Get them all!
If you don't like them and only like ACR. you just don't know what good games are because ACR was the worst of all.

SixKeys
04-24-2012, 01:40 AM
You only played 10 minutes of AC1 and gave up on it? Sounds like you didn't even get past the tutorial stage. It's true the game isn't very fast-paced, it's more about immersing yourself in the atmosphere. If it's speed, flashy fights and lots of side quests that you want, go for AC2.

I recommend giving the first game a chance for the story, then get AC2.

rileypoole1234
04-24-2012, 01:43 AM
Play AC2. It has one of the best stories of any game I've ever played.

gamertam
04-24-2012, 02:14 AM
Assassin's Creed 2 should've won Game of the Year instead of what other game was it? not worth mentioning it. I'll defend to the death if i have to. Yea that's right. :mad:

Poodle_of_Doom
04-24-2012, 02:31 AM
Allow me to be the first to say welcome to the forums. Second, yes, play them all. I know it's slow going, but the storyline is worth it. There have been many intellegent conversations here on this forum as a direct result of these games, including, but not limited to: DNA, Genetic Sequencing, Molecular Biology, Quantum Mechanics, and many more. That said, let me advise you to go back and play all the games one more time... as I think that this will serve you well in joining in on these conversations.

That said, becareful that the trolls don't eat you. They do wander 'bout these parts something feirce.

Dieinthedark
04-24-2012, 03:12 AM
You only played 10 minutes of AC1 and gave up on it? Sounds like you didn't even get past the tutorial stage. It's true the game isn't very fast-paced, it's more about immersing yourself in the atmosphere. If it's speed, flashy fights and lots of side quests that you want, go for AC2.

I recommend giving the first game a chance for the story, then get AC2.

This

JumpInTheFire13
04-24-2012, 05:13 AM
Assassin's Creed 2 should've won Game of the Year instead of what other game was it? not worth mentioning it. I'll defend to the death if i have to. Yea that's right. :mad:
Uncharted 2. You can't say that's a bad game.

Timeaus
04-24-2012, 05:41 AM
AC2 was definitely the best in the series in my opinion (apparently almost everyone else opinions as well) because it was a major jump for the series, thats the one that you shouldn't miss if you want to get into the series. Personally I love all assassins creed games, so I said play all of them.

SlowBlo
04-24-2012, 06:43 AM
AC2 was definitely the best in the series in my opinion (apparently almost everyone else opinions as well) because it was a major jump for the series, thats the one that you shouldn't miss if you want to get into the series. Personally I love all assassins creed games, so I said play all of them.

You are definitely right on AC2 being the at the top. I still have my soft spot for the very first game. Something about its simplicity just resonated with me.

LordWolv
04-24-2012, 06:54 AM
If you're looking to understand story, you really need ACII. Nobody can call themselves an assassin without playing that through.
ACII is my favourite game in the series, and it's a shame you didn't play it before ACB and ACR, as the series would be a lot more emotionally hitting if you had.

Deltasparkz
04-24-2012, 06:58 AM
You could just go on youtube and watch the cinematics to bring you up to date or help out ubisoft by buying the games....

Gil_217
04-24-2012, 07:44 AM
It's funny that one of the things that you like more in ACR is one of the things people hate the most about that game. Nothing wrong with that, I guess.

I strongly advise you to buy all AC games, because if you really want to actually enjoy these games to the maximum, you need to play them all. Especially, when they are all great games, especially Assassin's Creed II. I think they are pretty cheap now, so you will not need to waste much money. If you can't, well, just watch walkthroughs on youtube.

UrDeviant1
04-24-2012, 03:15 PM
ACI and ACII(GOTY) are 20 as part of a 'double pack'. Get them!

playassassins1
04-24-2012, 03:19 PM
I do have a code that will get you 50% discount on ACII and ACB. But its ONLY for PSN, If you own a PS3 I could give the code.

Poodle_of_Doom
04-24-2012, 03:32 PM
ACI and ACII(GOTY) are 20 as part of a 'double pack'. Get them!

That's silly. He's bought ACR. ACI was included in that package already. Why would he buy ACI again?

UrDeviant1
04-24-2012, 03:36 PM
That's silly. He's bought ACR. ACI was included in that package already. Why would he buy ACI again?

Well why not?

I did, just so I could have them In pristine cases and to get the GOTY.

pirate1802
04-24-2012, 04:05 PM
Get them all!
If you don't like them and only like ACR. you just don't know what good games are because ACR was the worst of all.

Can't agree with this statement. Its all a matter of opinion. ACR was the second-best according to me. But yes AC2 is definitely the peak point of the series. get it if not anything else!

masterfenix2009
04-24-2012, 05:57 PM
If you're looking to understand story, you really need ACII. Nobody can call themselves an assassin without playing that through.
ACII is my favourite game in the series, and it's a shame you didn't play it before ACB and ACR, as the series would be a lot more emotionally hitting if you had.
Just like Mass Effect would be a lot more interesting to you,Isaac, if you played the first two first.

SquarePolo27
04-24-2012, 09:22 PM
Ohhhhh dear....

rileypoole1234
04-24-2012, 09:25 PM
Uncharted 2. You can't say that's a bad game.

While Uncharted 2 was indeed a fantastic game, (one of may favorites of all time) my vote still goes to AC.

Any AC.

banolan
04-24-2012, 10:11 PM
Play them all, in order, to get the most out of the series. For the record ACII was my favorite too :D

LordWolv
04-24-2012, 10:15 PM
Just like Mass Effect would be a lot more interesting to you,Isaac, if you played the first two first.
Oi, you know I regret that, you don't need to bring it to everyone's attention. xD

HSCOnyxAssassin
04-24-2012, 10:54 PM
So i finally decided to pick up ACR. When AC1 was announced i was jumping off my couch. Then i played 10 minuites of it and figured out it was not as fast paced and fun as the trailers made it look to be. My mistake. So years go buy and I buy brotherhood. Not impressed but intreged. House got robbed and xbox and all games were included. So I went and bought a PS3 and now i have ACR. Only bought it cause it was 30 bucks and came with AC1 for free. Well im playing it now and I LOVE IT. Especially the Tower defence parts. But i love the game all around. A little lost in the story myself. So my question is should i bother playing AC1 and then going and buying AC2 and brotherhood or should I continue ACR and beat it first. I have heard the only real great one was AC2 so im just curious on if its worth my time.

I stopped reading/caring after that. Seriously that makes no sense. But I guess he likes the series for the bad parts and dislikes the good parts...meh. Welcome, I suppose.

Poodle_of_Doom
04-24-2012, 11:23 PM
Well why not?

I did, just so I could have them In pristine cases and to get the GOTY.

GOTY? What's that mean?

banolan
04-24-2012, 11:58 PM
GOTY = Game of the year. I don't think a GOTY edition came out in the US though.

Poodle_of_Doom
04-25-2012, 12:44 AM
I don't know either. None the less, both points are equally valid.

pirate1802
04-25-2012, 07:49 PM
Oi, you know I regret that, you don't need to bring it to everyone's attention. xD

Its a good thing I decided to play the first two. I too was thinking of going straight to the third one xD

freddie_1897
04-25-2012, 08:43 PM
eh, the ACR story wasn't great, but the city of Constantinople is my number one favourite city they've ever had on an AC game

pirate1802
04-26-2012, 01:40 PM
eh, the ACR story wasn't great, but the city of Constantinople is my number one favourite city they've ever had on an AC game

yesterday I fired up ACR again and had a feeling of returning to a familiar place :D