PDA

View Full Version : My thoughts about ACIII on possible features like co-op

jml95
04-23-2012, 02:16 AM
I'm thinking if it would be possible for there to be a co-op in AC3. Where when you invite friends to join you on co-op (or a game of 3 other friends), you become the host of that party and they become your "assassin apprentices" in your own single-player world. So in other words, you invite them to your world and you play as Connor and them as other assassin's. In your own opinion, do you think it would work? I really like the thought of it and it would help those who are stuck on a certain memory or something like that. What do you think?

Serrachio
04-23-2012, 02:51 AM
I think it would work better by having Connor assign Apprentices to a Contract mission, and then once it is in progress, you could enter Co-Op at the main menu and control the Assassins directly.

While 5 Assassins can be sent, you'd only be able to have a maximum of 4 people taking on their roles, so in the instance that 5 was sent, there'd always be a computer controlled AI that takes direct commands from the host player.

With higher difficulties to the contract, there could be increased guards with better armour, which means that if you're up for a challenge, you could even complete a mission with 2% Odds of Success, though it will be extremely hard and time-consuming and you'd be better if you never had a computer controlled Assassin with you for it.

This way, by placing yourself in their position, you could get boosted XP and cash and item rewards dependant on the Odds of Success, and would prompt Assassin Apprentices to have some more use than just sicking them on a guard you can't kill yourself.

Also, when you consider that Assassins with lesser gear will face a greater challenge, it might motivate people to train up their Apprentices to have a better chance of completing a Co-Op mission, as you would only have an Assassin recruit with a Hidden Blade from level 1 and no armour, which could give some people who enjoy that playstyle some more freedom.

DavisP92
04-23-2012, 04:40 AM
I think it would work better by having Connor assign Apprentices to a Contract mission, and then once it is in progress, you could enter Co-Op at the main menu and control the Assassins directly.

While 5 Assassins can be sent, you'd only be able to have a maximum of 4 people taking on their roles, so in the instance that 5 was sent, there'd always be a computer controlled AI that takes direct commands from the host player.

With higher difficulties to the contract, there could be increased guards with better armour, which means that if you're up for a challenge, you could even complete a mission with 2% Odds of Success, though it will be extremely hard and time-consuming and you'd be better if you never had a computer controlled Assassin with you for it.

This way, by placing yourself in their position, you could get boosted XP and cash and item rewards dependant on the Odds of Success, and would prompt Assassin Apprentices to have some more use than just sicking them on a guard you can't kill yourself.

Also, when you consider that Assassins with lesser gear will face a greater challenge, it might motivate people to train up their Apprentices to have a better chance of completing a Co-Op mission, as you would only have an Assassin recruit with a Hidden Blade from level 1 and no armour, which could give some people who enjoy that playstyle some more freedom.

amazing idea, however, you could add on to it. Personally, I would rather have a co-op story. The reason, because you have one assassin and there is a progression system with that one assassin. Now if you add that to your idea then i'd say it could be the best co-op concept I've seen so far. Especially with the idea of co-op contract assignments, Ubisoft could always release dlcs where we go to different countries around the globe.

Sukramo
04-23-2012, 10:16 AM
Yeah, sounds awesome.

De Filosoof
04-23-2012, 11:27 AM
Nice idea :)
I'm also very curious how they will expand on the ACR multiplayer story.
Ideas?

Sukramo
04-23-2012, 01:58 PM
Nice idea :)
I'm also very curious how they will expand on the ACR multiplayer story.
Ideas?

Desmond kills them all while they try to "Teleport" away.

freddie_1897
04-23-2012, 04:06 PM
its a good idea, but i really want to play Co-op with my mate quite early, once we've grasped the controls, your way makes us have to wait before we can unlock it at its full potential

Deltasparkz
04-23-2012, 04:25 PM
amazing idea, however, you could add on to it. Personally, i would rather have a co-op story. The reason, because you have one assassin and there is a progression system with that one assassin. Now if you add that to your idea then i'd say it could be the best co-op concept i've seen so far. Especially with the idea of co-op contract assignments, ubisoft could always release dlcs where we go to different countries around the globe.

agree'd :)

MaKaVeLiTL
04-23-2012, 04:29 PM
If they included co-op it would be one of the best features of the game IMO.

Dieinthedark
04-23-2012, 10:25 PM
Not that it would work for the story but it would be awesome if you played as Connor and you sent your assassins around the world to different places like to control the city or whatever. Your friend would then be in a different location. Like AC3 wouldn't all be in America. If you send recruits to Russia, France etc.. then your friend/recruit would actually be in a different location as well.

I'll put up my idea for what may actually work later.

BBALive
04-23-2012, 10:46 PM
I'm thinking if it would be possible for there to be a co-op in AC3. Where when you invite friends to join you on co-op (or a game of 3 other friends), you become the host of that party and they become your "assassin apprentices" in your own single-player world. So in other words, you invite them to your world and you play as Connor and them as other assassin's. In your own opinion, do you think it would work. I really like the thought of it and it would help those who are stuck on a certain memory or something like that. what do you think?

Co-op has already been confirmed.

DavisP92
04-23-2012, 11:37 PM

no it hasn't. But co-op would make this game the best game of all time for me. But it needs to have an incredible co-op experience, where you can have completely different weapons then your friends and the game challenging.

UrDeviant1
04-24-2012, 12:29 AM
F' co-op. Put the resources Into the SP I say.

De Filosoof
04-24-2012, 12:47 AM

Yeah, i said that too when i first heard they would implement MP in AC games but thet don't care, it's way too popular these days.

DavisP92
04-24-2012, 01:29 AM

I said that as well when they first mentioned MP, and i still could careless for it. But i think the SP is already great as it is now (as far as we have learned) so if they have been working on co-op then it will be great. I'd rather have a SP and Co-op with no MP.

Mr_Shade
04-24-2012, 11:29 AM
I'm sorry to say it has not..

I don't want anyone moaning on the forums when the game is released and it does not have co op.

I suggest you only use the official sites for information, rather than news sites ;)

UrDeviant1
04-24-2012, 03:30 PM
Yeah, i said that too when i first heard they would implement MP in AC games but thet don't care, it's way too popular these days.

I said that as well when they first mentioned MP, and i still could careless for it. But i think the SP is already great as it is now (as far as we have learned) so if they have been working on co-op then it will be great. I'd rather have a SP and Co-op with no MP.

I for one really enjoy the MP and I'm glad It's there. But that's about as much as I can fathom. Adding co-op as well as 'vs MP' would detract too much from the SP imo. I know you could say that separate teams would work on the co-op aspect, but the money and such would be best spent on the SP, for what Is a strongly story-driven game.

BBALive
04-24-2012, 08:44 PM
no it hasn't. But co-op would make this game the best game of all time for me. But it needs to have an incredible co-op experience, where you can have completely different weapons then your friends and the game challenging.

I'm sorry to say it has not..

I don't want anyone moaning on the forums when the game is released and it does not have co op.

I suggest you only use the official sites for information, rather than news sites ;)

http://media.pcgamer.com/files/2012/03/Assassins-Creed-3-co-op.jpg

sticks165
04-24-2012, 09:05 PM
http://media.pcgamer.com/files/2012/03/Assassins-Creed-3-co-op.jpg

that was just a typo if you look at it again in the actual site they deleted it and plus ubisoft haven't announced if it will even have co-op.
http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Assassins-Creed-III/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d802555308ae

DavisP92
04-24-2012, 09:39 PM
I for one really enjoy the MP and I'm glad It's there. But that's about as much as I can fathom. Adding co-op as well as 'vs MP' would detract too much from the SP imo. I know you could say that separate teams would work on the co-op aspect, but the money and such would be best spent on the SP, for what Is a strongly story-driven game.
Yea MP is enjoyable with friends, but imo co-op would be a lot better. There is a lot more you can do with co-op rather than MP. I can see where you're getting at, but the thing about that is, people were saying that when MP was first introduced. Complaining how it's going to be taking away from the SP and such, which it may have for ACB and ACR. But with AC3 been in the works for almost 3 years now, i'm sure the SP is fine. Who is to say, they may even have a great Co-op too. So it could be the best AC and i don't think with 3 years under it's belt that it's going to be taking away from the SP

BBALive
04-25-2012, 06:45 AM
that was just a typo if you look at it again in the actual site they deleted it and plus ubisoft haven't announced if it will even have co-op.
http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Assassins-Creed-III/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d802555308ae

Deleting the information doesn't mean it's a 'typo'. They do it because they accidentally leaked information that wasn't meant to be leaked. The same thing happened with screenshots of another game a while back. They were posted on XBL and then removed the next day.

Of course there's a chance that it isn't true, and it is a mistake, but there's also a chance that it is true.

Madman6884
04-25-2012, 08:44 AM
Deleting the information doesn't mean it's a 'typo'. They do it because they accidentally leaked information that wasn't meant to be leaked. The same thing happened with screenshots of another game a while back. They were posted on XBL and then removed the next day.
That may be, but from a 'technical' standpoint its not confirmed. And technically correct is the best kind of correct. If we were to keep talking about it theoretically though, that's just fine.

That said, there are a many number of ways that co-op could be implemented into the game, both from a gameplay and story standpoint.
The gameplay could be done in any number of ways.
- Red Dead Redemption style with free roam on the map, then activating memory missions to work your way through. Basically the SP game only with missions that require multiple people to accomplish.
- Small map free-roam missions with multiple ways to accomplish the goal, kinda like Hitman, to provide a comparison.
- More linear missions , basically the Assassin Tomb missions that require teamwork and timing to accomplish in a stealthy manner, with grading at the end based on your performances. Best comparison for this I can think of is something like the Splinter Cell co-op mode (I've only seen a few clips of these, don't hold it against me if I'm wrong there)

There's also a number of different story ways they could do it.
- They could stick with it being Abstergo training missions.
- They could basically have the co-op missions take place after the SP story, with the Assassins taking Desmond's ancestor data and using it in the same way Abstergo does in the MP, only to recruit and train new Assassins to rebuild the order.
- The co-op missions could take place in modern times, with Assassin teams around the world taking down Abstergo operations or killing key figures.

I'd personally like to see either a Hitman-style or SC co-op style missions and, honestly something in modern times would be fun. There's just not enough done with it and that could really open up the modern day Assassins world and plot. Everyone may not agree, and I doubt it will come to pass, but that's where I lean.

BeCk41
04-25-2012, 10:51 AM
I definately approve of the idea of friends joining you in the memories, in fact I am loving the idea <333

Mr_Shade
04-25-2012, 02:31 PM

Of course there's a chance that it isn't true, and it is a mistake, but there's also a chance that it is true.

The info was corrected - thats why it was removed - there is no Co-Op mode at this time.

I suggest people focus on the game as officially announced, not through some mistake / rumour

BBALive
04-25-2012, 03:59 PM
The info was corrected - thats why it was removed - there is no Co-Op mode at this time.

I suggest people focus on the game as officially announced, not through some mistake / rumour

Do you have a source for that?

freddie_1897
04-25-2012, 04:00 PM
Do you have a source for that?
he did, but it was corrected ;)

zsuti1
04-25-2012, 04:11 PM
I want co-op too, but please INCLUDE SPLITSCREEN 4 players!

freddie_1897
04-25-2012, 04:13 PM
I want co-op too, but please INCLUDE SPLITSCREEN 4 players!
4 player split screen wouldn't be great, i mean you'd have to have a pretty big TV, personally i'm fine with online Co-Op, but it's not a huge deal if it isn't implemented

NyxCrab
04-27-2012, 11:01 PM
I thought I was the only one who wanted a co-op mode put in!:p I agree with the addition of co-op, and has for splitscreen and online play, for split screen, 2 people could play, and online, 4 people could play. It could easily work like that!

jml95
04-30-2012, 02:22 AM
- Red Dead Redemption style with free roam on the map, then activating memory missions to work your way through. Basically the SP game only with missions that require multiple people to accomplish.

That is what I thought would be a pretty easy feature to implement into the game. All it would be is inviting 1-3 of your friends into your single player world to either free roam, and play/replay memories. And what would make more sense is that if that were possible, I think that your friends would play as some assassin apprentices.

In my opinion, I am guessing that it wouldn't be too hard to implement into the game (but of course I am no genius on game development) and wouldn't take from the story line/focus on the game. All I find is that it would be your average SP, only with friends fighting along side you. I personally think that it would be a very fun and awesome feature in the game that would make AC3 that much better.