PDA

View Full Version : Accidentally retired a horse!

Almas_Acres
04-21-2012, 06:32 AM
Is there any way to un-retire a horse? I'm not sure how I did it, but I must have done something wrong: my Buckskin Saddlebred, Tanner, is retired, and that's not at all what I meant to do. Help!

MelissaBeam
04-21-2012, 06:41 PM
Once your horse reaches a certain age (breed specific) it is automatically retired. There is nothing you can do to change that.

Almas_Acres
04-22-2012, 06:45 AM
This might sound like a dumb question, but I've got one Saddlebred (Tanner's mother) that is 23, but both of her colts retired at age 8, so how is she so much older than they were before they retired? I have a Standardbred that's 16. Are there retirement age ranges, and if so, what are they? Eventually, I want to get into Quarter Horses and I obviously want to compete with them, but if they retire so friggin' early, I'm wondering how that's going to be possible!

JenniferSmi2012
04-22-2012, 03:58 PM
I didn't do anything I didn't do with any other horse, but both the colts I bred retired at 8, while the mare I started with, and the mare I bought did not retire at that age. the first mare retired at 24, and the second one is still in training.

I am wondering if this is a glitch with the breeding, because it has only happened to the two I bred, not the ones acquired from the game. This can't be intended, it strongly disincentivizes breeding them for me, if they are going to retire shortly after starting training, no matter what I do. First one i thought it might be something I did, second one did it and I did nothing different with him from what I did with the mare I have now, which i bought for horse bucks.