PDA

View Full Version : Solar flare activity 2012 ?

Acrimonious_Nin
04-20-2012, 10:35 PM
umm >_> has anyone seen this ?

http://www.spaceweather.com/

sometimes I wonder how accurate AC is sometimes lmao :D

Read the plasma cloud section.

UrDeviant1
04-20-2012, 10:39 PM
I don't get It, why do you question AC's accuracy because of this?

Acrimonious_Nin
04-20-2012, 10:51 PM
I don't get It, why do you question AC's accuracy because of this?

What ? make sense please.

UrDeviant1
04-20-2012, 10:55 PM
What ? make sense please.

That totally made sense with regards to your OP -__-

Perhaps you need to make more sense.

Acrimonious_Nin
04-20-2012, 10:58 PM
That totally made sense with regards to your OP -__-

Perhaps you need to make more sense.

I do not see where you are coming from ? don't you agree that AC is pretty friggin scary accurate sometimes? or do you not want me to question the almighty ubisoft brains? I do not see what you mean by ''..questioning AC's accuracy'' that sounds like I am forbidden to speak of it. That is why I ask I do not know why your are being difficult... >_>

UrDeviant1
04-20-2012, 11:04 PM
I don't see what you're getting at. Why does that article make you think AC Is scary accurate?

PS. question Ubi all you want, I couldn't care less.

rileypoole1234
04-20-2012, 11:12 PM
A solar flare could not destroy the Earth. An extremely powerful one would probably just knock out power grids and cause cell phones and GPS devices to stop working. The Sun's peak of solar activity is actually going to be next year, 2013.

Gamma Ray bursts are what scare me. Nothing can detect them until they get here. All of a sudden, boom. Death everywhere.

playassassins1
04-20-2012, 11:16 PM
Gamma Ray bursts are what scare me. Nothing can detect them until they get here. All of a sudden, boom. Death everywhere.

You're scaring me.....

rileypoole1234
04-20-2012, 11:22 PM
You're scaring me.....

Don't worry. It's very unlikely one will hit us. There is really only one star that has the possibility of shooting some Gamma Rays at us, but it still has to be pointed directly at us to have an effect. I'm not trying to scare you, but the concept of one hitting us is truly terrifying to me at least. Basically everything on Earth would be killed. Or we'd all be turned into the Hulk.

But it really shouldn't be keeping you up at night.

OriginalMiles
04-20-2012, 11:26 PM
Don't worry. It's very unlikely one will hit us. There is really only one star that has the possibility of shooting some Gamma Rays at us, but it still has to be pointed directly at us to have an effect. I'm not trying to scare you, but the concept of one hitting us is truly terrifying to me at least. Basically everything on Earth would be killed.

But it really shouldn't be keeping you up at night.
Aww, I thought it would turn us into Hulks, not kill us.... :(

rileypoole1234
04-20-2012, 11:27 PM
Aww, I thought it would turn us into Hulks, not kill us.... :(

Hahah, I edited to say that. It's certainly a possibility.

OriginalMiles
04-20-2012, 11:31 PM
Hahah, I edited to say that. It's certainly a possibility.
Yay... now if I were a gamma ray...

pacmanate
04-20-2012, 11:32 PM
I call being spiderman!

Acrimonious_Nin
04-20-2012, 11:32 PM
I don't see what you're getting at. Why does that article make you think AC Is scary accurate?

PS. question Ubi all you want, I couldn't care less.

I do not see how you can not see how accurate they can be with their facts thats what I'm getting at, but I still fail to see what you are getting at.

P.S I was not questioning Ubisoft the question was for you people.

OriginalMiles
04-20-2012, 11:34 PM
I call being spiderman!
Nuh huh... I'm gonna Spidey, you can be the other guy, actually I want Hulk, you have Spidey.

playassassins1
04-20-2012, 11:37 PM
I do know that these are being caused by Hypernova's exploding (or something like that). And the sun isn't a Nova, so i'm not that scared. By the time a GRB will strike, i'm already dead.

Correct me if what i just said didn't make sense.... I don't know allot about that stuff, and i'm sure that 75% is not making sense.

UrDeviant1
04-20-2012, 11:37 PM
I do not see how you can not see how accurate they can be with their facts thats what I'm getting at, but I still fail to see what you are getting at.

P.S I was not questioning Ubisoft the question was for you people.

I'm asking you to tell me what In that article made you think AC Is "scary accurate"? Get It?

Acrimonious_Nin
04-20-2012, 11:48 PM
I'm asking you to tell me what In that article made you think AC Is "scary accurate"? Get It?

How about I don't tell you and we keep it even?

UrDeviant1
04-20-2012, 11:52 PM
How about I don't tell you and we keep it even?

That's fine. It's obvious you don't have an answer. I just needed to see If you knew what you were talking about :)

Even.

Acrimonious_Nin
04-20-2012, 11:54 PM
That's fine. It's obvious you don't have an answer. I just needed to see If you knew what you were talking about :)

Even.

If that floats your boat then believe as you will.

GeneralTrumbo
04-21-2012, 12:58 AM
Actually, it said the next solar maximum is towards the end of this year-early next year. Severe weather lately has been at an all-time high. Same with the climate change. Polar Ice Caps are disappearing as we sleep.

rileypoole1234
04-21-2012, 03:04 AM
Actually, it said the next solar maximum is towards the end of this year-early next year. Severe weather lately has been at an all-time high. Same with the climate change. Polar Ice Caps are disappearing as we sleep.

I wouldn't get too worked up about it. The Earth will survive without a doubt. Humanity, though, is a completely different story.

Timeaus
04-21-2012, 06:36 AM
Well the solar maximum cycle happen roughly once every 11 years, so it's not like this has never happen before. It mostly during this period there are more solar activity like sunspots, solar flares, and CMEs. So we probably see a lot of aurora in the sky and worst case scenario is that if there is a CME large enough and directed at the earth, all of the satellite will be disable for a period of time and the power grid might go out for period of time. So no power for maybe a month if thing are very serious, but I highly doubt it. Haha sorry I'm a astronomy minor, so I like to talk about these stuff.:)

Edit: The thing that we saw at the end of Revelations where the sun is spewing out some of it heat or material at the earth is probably a CME.

freddie_1897
04-21-2012, 07:35 AM
Well the solar maximum cycle happen roughly once every 11 years, so it's not like this has never happen before. It mostly during this period there are more solar activity like sunspots, solar flares, and CMEs. So we probably see a lot of aurora in the sky and worst case scenario is that if there is a CME large enough and directed at the earth, all of the satellite will be disable for a period of time and the power grid might go out for period of time. So no power for maybe a month if thing are very serious, but I highly doubt it. Haha sorry I'm a astronomy minor, so I like to talk about these stuff.:)

Edit: The thing that we saw at the end of Revelations where the sun is spewing out some of it heat or material at the earth is probably a CME.
But wait, the Templars are launching a satellite, maybe Desmond will use this CME to knock it out giving him more time to disable it permanently

morpheusPrime08
04-21-2012, 08:36 PM
So is there going to be a meteor shower tonight?

ToniTorsi
04-21-2012, 09:29 PM
But wait, the Templars are launching a satellite, maybe Desmond will use this CME to knock it out giving him more time to disable it permanently

Wtf.....?

Captain Tomatoz
04-21-2012, 10:56 PM
This years/next years solar maximum is actually rather weak compared to ones before as less sunspots have been spotted.

Gil_217
04-21-2012, 11:08 PM

For the love of ****...

jmk1999
04-23-2012, 11:47 PM
@ Gil_217 (http://forums.ubi.com/member.php/432986-Gil_217):
please don't bypass the forum censors. there's a reason it exists. this is an all-ages forum and before you argue that, the rating of the game doesn't make a difference. keep it clean.