PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed 3 - PAX East Gameplay Reactions Video

pacmanate
04-20-2012, 09:23 PM
Oh Ubisoft how you tease! Also, 1:10 that kid is surely like what, 14?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJcujvO_tms

kriegerdesgottes
04-20-2012, 09:25 PM
That chick is super hot. I'm so jealous that they got to see the footage we have all been throwing a fit about since Pax.

SleezeRocker
04-20-2012, 09:31 PM
'come on let's check out AC footage :)!!!"

*Watches for 4 minutes*

....Where?

dex3108BL
04-20-2012, 09:54 PM
Facta, facta, non verba!

freddie_1897
04-20-2012, 10:12 PM
I'm sorry, but for us English were just like 'Christ calm down' I mean, **** some Americans just have some really loud voices and 'excitable' characteristics, but to each their own I guess

kriegerdesgottes
04-20-2012, 10:30 PM
I'm sorry, but for us English were just like 'Christ calm down' I mean, **** some Americans just have some really loud voices and 'excitable' characteristics, but to each their own I guess

You really don't like Americans do you? I have seen you complain about Americans at least 3 times.

P.S. We saved you in WWII lol. JK! I know you hate when Americans say that.

stingray10
04-20-2012, 10:32 PM
To be honest i was more focused on the woman rather than what they were saying...i loved the bit at the end ;)

UrDeviant1
04-20-2012, 10:36 PM
You really don't like Americans do you? I have seen you complain about Americans at least 3 times.

Yeah, so?, he don't like yanks. Why you have to bring up WWII? Let's not get on the discussion of America and Wars or this will be yet another thread that has to be closed.

kriegerdesgottes
04-20-2012, 10:37 PM
Yeah, so?, he don't like yanks. Why you have to bring up WWII? Let's not get on the discussion of America and Wars or this will be yet another thread that has to be closed.

lol I was kidding he has complained before about Americans saying stupid things like that. I'm certainly not out for an argument. Also is yank supposed to be a derisive term of some sort? What does that even mean?

UrDeviant1
04-20-2012, 10:42 PM
lol I was kidding he has complained before about Americans saying stupid things like that. I'm certainly not out for an argument. Also is yank supposed to be a derisive term of some sort? What does that even mean?

Nah It's just a nickname, I call It to my American buddies on XBL all the time, they don't see It as offended. If you do though, my apologies.

kriegerdesgottes
04-20-2012, 11:06 PM
Nah It's just a nickname, I call It to my American buddies on XBL all the time, they don't see It as offended. If you do though, my apologies.

No no offense taken :) just curious.

freddie_1897
04-20-2012, 11:16 PM

I have no problem with Americans, two of my good friends are American, I'll admit ive made some anti American posts in the past but that was usually after being provoked or annoyed, I consider myself anti-nationalist, that's probably why I don't like people constantly saying you saved us in WW2, which they did, no denying that, I'm very grateful, but I don't like the people who bring that up un-provoked because that's just them trying to be trolls and it's nationalistic, besides WW2 was ages ago, and England had just had WW1 and we had been bombed like crazy before you joined, and something people should remember as that we were on the same side.

I understand why you think I'm anti-American, but trust me, I'm not. The thing is that there are more nationalists in the us than in other places, I'm not saying your all nationalists, just 0.5% or something, and that's because you've had a victorious past, that's why I don't like it when people say things that make their country seem better than others.

Sorry if I offended you or anyone else, I'd really like to stress that I'm not anti any country.

eagleforlife1
04-21-2012, 07:36 AM
Also is yank supposed to be a derisive term of some sort? What does that even mean?

The origin of the term is uncertain. In 1758, British General James Wolfe made the earliest recorded use of the word Yankee to refer to people from what was to become the United States, referring to the New England soldiers under his command as Yankees: "I can afford you two companies of Yankees, and the more because they are better for ranging and scouting than either work or vigilance." Later British use of the word often was derogatory, as in a cartoon of 1775 ridiculing "Yankee" soldiers. New Englanders themselves employed the word in a neutral sense: the "Pennamite-Yankee War", for example, was the name given to a series of clashes in 1769 over land titles in Pennsylvania, in which the "Yankees" were the Connecticut claimants.

freddie_1897
04-21-2012, 07:39 AM
Your copy and paste skills are incredible!

Jk,

GLHS
04-21-2012, 01:17 PM
That chick is super hot. I'm so jealous that they got to see the footage we have all been throwing a fit about since Pax.

Eh, she was alright. "Super hot" is stretchin it though.

WOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! AC3 FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GOTY!!!!!!!! YEAH, BABY!!!!!!

Lol you mean like that? Yeah, we get loud, but we just have high spirit. With like everything. Sports in particular. But I always tend to see Brits as more quiet and "cup of tea" kinda people, which is not always true. We all have a little bit of anti-country in a way. Or at least a way that we perceive a certain people. But really though, are you not like that inside? Like, without even seeing the footage, are you not like a little kid all giddy for this release? All of us are. Even the mods and Esco are totally fanboy-ing over the game. So, I'm completely fine with people freakin out over anything we see. I'm callin it right now: Even with all of my favorite franchises releasing new games this year or early next, and even with how many amazing games we're getting this year...AC3 has high hopes for GotY. And I hope they get it. Cuz they totally deserve it after being over-passed a bit the past couple of years.

EscoBlades
04-21-2012, 01:20 PM
I was interviewed for that, hoped maybe they would have used my reponse there, haha.

I guess i wasn't animated enough (joke)

But seriously, everyone at the booth was super stoked. Interesting to watch it back now :D

UrDeviant1
04-21-2012, 01:21 PM

Lol you mean like that? Yeah, we get loud, but we just have high spirit. With like everything. Sports in particular. But I always tend to see Brits as more quiet and "cup of tea" kinda people, which is not always true. We all have a little bit of anti-country in a way. Or at least a way that we perceive a certain people. But really though, are you not like that inside? Like, without even seeing the footage, are you not like a little kid all giddy for this release? All of us are. Even the mods and Esco are totally fanboy-ing over the game. So, I'm completely fine with people freakin out over anything we see.

Giddy? who the hell over the age of 5 gets giddy? lol

GLHS
04-21-2012, 01:23 PM
Women....lol idk. Seriously though. Admit it. You totally are.

UrDeviant1
04-21-2012, 01:29 PM
Women....lol idk. Seriously though. Admit it. You totally are.

True, my arms flailing as we speak!

But come the beginning of October I'll probably be feeling the excitement more!

GLHS
04-21-2012, 01:37 PM
Lol, see? I knew it. We all have it, so you're not alone. I will be the first to admit that I feel like a little kid waiting for X-mas. Every. Friggin. Day.

dewgel
04-21-2012, 02:21 PM
I was interviewed for that, hoped maybe they would have used my reponse there, haha.

I guess i wasn't animated enough (joke)

But seriously, everyone at the booth was super stoked. Interesting to watch it back now :D

I was expecting to see you! I was wondering why I didn't see you.

I was interviewed once in ASDA by Sony, they were showing the PS Move before release and wanted reaction interviews. They're so un-genuine though, because I said "Wow, it's so much like the Wii, obviously it's on a more powerful console but yeah it's definitely like the Wii" and they asked if I could say that again without mentioning other consoles like the Wii, I refused.

Ho ho ho

kriegerdesgottes
04-21-2012, 03:29 PM

Lol you mean like that? Yeah, we get loud, but we just have high spirit. With like everything. Sports in particular. But I always tend to see Brits as more quiet and "cup of tea" kinda people, which is not always true. We all have a little bit of anti-country in a way. Or at least a way that we perceive a certain people. But really though, are you not like that inside? Like, without even seeing the footage, are you not like a little kid all giddy for this release? All of us are. Even the mods and Esco are totally fanboy-ing over the game. So, I'm completely fine with people freakin out over anything we see. I'm callin it right now: Even with all of my favorite franchises releasing new games this year or early next, and even with how many amazing games we're getting this year...AC3 has high hopes for GotY. And I hope they get it. Cuz they totally deserve it after being over-passed a bit the past couple of years.

Dude come on she is pretty hot. and secondly I agree that ACIII has a much much better chance of grabbing GOTY this time since there really is nothing real to compete with except that Activision is once again announcing another COD next month which imo has no chance against the awesomeness of AC. Last year there was Uncharted and Batman AC to compete with but as far as I know (and I could be missing something), there is no real threat to it this year. Plus it's going to be huge anyway. I can totally agree and understand why Batman AC destroyed ACR last year. But ACIII will legitimately deserve it I think.

freddie_1897
04-21-2012, 03:40 PM

i think you mis-understand, i wasn't saying there was anything wrong with acting like that, i just find it quite funny being in another country and seeing another country which is completely different in its behaviour, I'm sure you think the same way when you see stuff in london, I'm betting you think all of London just riots all the time because of what happened last summer!

freddie_1897
04-21-2012, 03:41 PM
Dude come on she is pretty hot. and secondly I agree that ACIII has a much much better chance of grabbing GOTY this time since there really is nothing real to compete with except that Activision is once again announcing another COD next month which imo has no chance against the awesomeness of AC. Last year there was Uncharted and Batman AC to compete with but as far as I know (and I could be missing something), there is no real threat to it this year. Plus it's going to be huge anyway. I can totally agree and understand why Batman AC destroyed ACR last year. But ACIII will legitimately deserve it I think.
i think AC3 will win, but you can't say there's no real threat, Bioshock infinite seems like a pretty big rival for GOTY

kriegerdesgottes
04-21-2012, 03:47 PM
i think AC3 will win, but you can't say there's no real threat, Bioshock infinite seems like a pretty big rival for GOTY

Oh yea I forgot about Bioshock that is true. That looks like it'll be pretty decent.

BBALive
04-21-2012, 04:06 PM
I have no problem with Americans, two of my good friends are American, I'll admit ive made some anti American posts in the past but that was usually after being provoked or annoyed, I consider myself anti-nationalist, that's probably why I don't like people constantly saying you saved us in WW2, which they did, no denying that, I'm very grateful, but I don't like the people who bring that up un-provoked because that's just them trying to be trolls and it's nationalistic, besides WW2 was ages ago, and England had just had WW1 and we had been bombed like crazy before you joined, and something people should remember as that we were on the same side.

I understand why you think I'm anti-American, but trust me, I'm not. The thing is that there are more nationalists in the us than in other places, I'm not saying your all nationalists, just 0.5% or something, and that's because you've had a victorious past, that's why I don't like it when people say things that make their country seem better than others.

Sorry if I offended you or anyone else, I'd really like to stress that I'm not anti any country.

Wrong thread for this, but America didn't save us. If either one of the allies (England, US, Russia) were not present in WW2 then the Germans would have won. The Russian were probably the most important though.

But like I said, this isn't the thread for a WW2 discussion.

BBALive
04-21-2012, 04:09 PM

There'll be plenty of competition for GOTY.

freddie_1897
04-21-2012, 04:13 PM
Wrong thread for this, but America didn't save us. If either one of the allies (England, US, Russia) were not present in WW2 then the Germans would have won. The Russian were probably the most important though.

But like I said, this isn't the thread for a WW2 discussion.
fair point, we broke the german's code, but anyway, enough, i don't want this thread locked

albertwesker22
04-21-2012, 04:55 PM
i think you mis-understand, i wasn't saying there was anything wrong with acting like that, i just find it quite funny being in another country and seeing another country which is completely different in its behaviour, I'm sure you think the same way when you see stuff in london, I'm betting you think all of London just riots all the time because of what happened last summer!

Haha. I think the same way when i'm in London, and i'm English'ish :)

SixKeys
04-21-2012, 05:07 PM
Oh yea I forgot about Bioshock that is true. That looks like it'll be pretty decent.

Don't forget Mass Effect 3. While the ending may have generated a s***storm, most fans and critics still agree that aside from that it was a very solid game.

SleezeRocker
04-21-2012, 05:40 PM
True, my arms flailing as we speak!

But come the beginning of October I'll probably be feeling the excitement more!

Something like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvaWLMIFe3Y

UrDeviant1
04-21-2012, 05:43 PM
Something like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvaWLMIFe3Y

Nah, more like this..

http://i.imgur.com/Y7fbX.gif

BK-110
04-21-2012, 05:43 PM
Is it just me or are Ubi really trying their best to piss their community off?

playassassins1
04-21-2012, 05:54 PM

I think so. But I don't really care about waiting for new trailers. I think you just have to find something to keep you busy until a new trailer or Gameplay

SleezeRocker
04-21-2012, 06:27 PM
@Deviant Hahaha. Me too!
@BK I think they want us so ticked so they can save the best for last (E3) O_o?
@play Yes let's just go play some more games till E3 comes around ;)

morpheusPrime08
04-21-2012, 08:17 PM

Never thought getting excited was an American thing, at the last world cup I saw you guys and every other country go bonkers.

Anyway, why do they keep teasing us with this trailer, something tells me were going to get something in May, maybe just some screenshots, I cant see them go the whole 2 months until E3 without showing something.

EscoBlades
04-21-2012, 08:26 PM

Why? Because they haven't shown you a trailer and are actually taking their time not to spoil the whole game for you before release? Oh my..... *rolls eyes*

Gil_217
04-21-2012, 08:43 PM
WTF?? A girl impersonating Vieri?? C'mon Ubi!

MetalCreed
04-21-2012, 08:46 PM
Why? Because they haven't shown you a trailer and are actually taking their time not to spoil the whole game for you before release? Oh my..... *rolls eyes*

Esco..
You should tell Ubisoft to showcase a new video for us at E3 and not give us the same Battle of Bunker Hill :p
I'd also like Ubisoft to take some time to show the new features..

Serrachio
04-21-2012, 09:03 PM
Esco..
You should tell Ubisoft to showcase a new video for us at E3 and not give us the same Battle of Bunker Hill :p
I'd also like Ubisoft to take some time to show the new features..

Esco can't tell them to do anything, but he could inquire about it.

pacmanate
04-21-2012, 09:41 PM
Well the only real contenders for GOTY realisticly are Black Ops 2 and GTA 5 which is also releasing in October

Gil_217
04-21-2012, 09:49 PM
well the only real contenders for goty realisticly are black ops 2 and gta 5 which is also releasing in october

l m a o

notafanboy
04-21-2012, 09:54 PM
Well the only real contenders for GOTY realisticly are Black Ops 2 and GTA 5 which is also releasing in October

another cod -.- ... wut? when ?

pacmanate
04-21-2012, 10:12 PM
l m a o

Why is that Lmao? Black Ops 2 is releasing this year and everyone knows COD has a MASSIVE fan base. GTA5 is also releasing this year and is very hyped. GTA4 got 10/10 by IGN and by other reviewers. I think its pretty safe to say COD and GTA5 will be good contenders

Gil_217
04-21-2012, 10:15 PM
Why is that Lmao? Black Ops 2 is releasing this year and everyone knows COD has a MASSIVE fan base. GTA5 is also releasing this year and is very hyped. GTA4 got 10/10 by IGN and by other reviewers. I think its pretty safe to say COD and GTA5 will be good contenders

I was laughing at Black Ops 2 being a real contender to Game of the Year.

So, by your logic, just because COD has a large fan base and sells real well, the game is Game of the Year candidate? Hell no, and this is coming from a guy who is somewhat a fan of COD. That franchise is as stale as stale can be.

pacmanate
04-21-2012, 10:28 PM
I was laughing at Black Ops 2 being a real contender to Game of the Year.

So, by your logic, just because COD has a large fan base and sells real well, the game is Game of the Year candidate? Heel no, and this is coming from a guy who is somewhat a fan of COD. That franchise is as stale as stale can be.

Yeah, I know that too. But so what? It got stale around MW2 yet Black ops sold more than MW2 overall. It doesn't matter if its stale because it shows that the games still SELL.

Gil_217
04-21-2012, 10:32 PM
Yeah, I know that too. But so what? It got stale around MW2 yet Black ops sold more than MW2 overall. It doesn't matter if its stale because it shows that the games still SELL.

But what does that have to do with what we were talking about? Just because a game sells real well, does that mean it is Game of the Year. NO.

xOMGITSJASONx
04-21-2012, 11:16 PM
That just added to the hype. They love it for a reason.

MetalCreed
04-22-2012, 03:14 AM
http://cdn2.screenjunkies.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/spit-take.gif

oh and it's not official yet to when GTA V will release.

morpheusPrime08
04-22-2012, 05:47 AM

GTAV not coming out until 2013.

pirate1802
04-22-2012, 07:28 AM

Thats true. Bioshock infinite.. another great game I'm looking forward to :')

GLHS
04-22-2012, 10:54 AM

Eh, I like my chicks more goth...or indi. I'm a typical lesbian, none of that cutesy preppy girl sh!t lol. But if they game, sometimes how look matters much less than how well they use a controller. Last year doesn't really count though, cuz AC:R really didn't get that much critical acclaim. All the other games were nominated in numerous categories, and I think AC:R only got one last year, maybe 2. But yeah, if AC3 turns out to be everything we're so excited for, then I think it will definitely deserve it. And IMO, it's about time for AC. Haven't had a GotY winner yet, and the games and devs totally deserve it.

On another note about the rest of the discussion pertaining to games out this year: Black Ops 2 won't be a contender, I can almost guarantee it. Last year, MW3 wasn't even nominated at all for GotY, and was only nominated for best shooter, I believe. So, Black Ops 2 won't get anywhere. Huge fanbase or not, the game WILL suck. It's inevitable. Bioshock Infinite and RE6 will probably be the only real threats. That is, if RE6 turns out to be as good as it's looking. If so, it will be a huge threat in most every category. Of course, there's always like, what, 6 games or so up for grabs so we'll just have to see what else comes out. Oh yeah, and The Last of Us is looking really promising too.

As for the US vs. English thing, I was mainly just kidding around. You English guys and your soccer are crazy.

freddie_1897
04-22-2012, 11:33 AM
Eh, I like my chicks more goth...or indi. I'm a typical lesbian, none of that cutesy preppy girl sh!t lol. But if they game, sometimes how look matters much less than how well they use a controller. Last year doesn't really count though, cuz AC:R really didn't get that much critical acclaim. All the other games were nominated in numerous categories, and I think AC:R only got one last year, maybe 2. But yeah, if AC3 turns out to be everything we're so excited for, then I think it will definitely deserve it. And IMO, it's about time for AC. Haven't had a GotY winner yet, and the games and devs totally deserve it.

On another note about the rest of the discussion pertaining to games out this year: Black Ops 2 won't be a contender, I can almost guarantee it. Last year, MW3 wasn't even nominated at all for GotY, and was only nominated for best shooter, I believe. So, Black Ops 2 won't get anywhere. Huge fanbase or not, the game WILL suck. It's inevitable. Bioshock Infinite and RE6 will probably be the only real threats. That is, if RE6 turns out to be as good as it's looking. If so, it will be a huge threat in most every category. Of course, there's always like, what, 6 games or so up for grabs so we'll just have to see what else comes out. Oh yeah, and The Last of Us is looking really promising too.

As for the US vs. English thing, I was mainly just kidding around. You English guys and your soccer are crazy.
yeah, that's the good thing about GOTY, no matter how many copies were bought, the guys who judge each game know when a game is good.

and as for the soccer thing, your right, I'm not even a big soccer fan but when the world cup comes around, suddenly everyone is, it was hilarious last time, we were all in school and none of the teachers cared about teaching, they just kept checking the scores every 15 minuets, even if it wasn't England playing!

pacmanate
04-22-2012, 12:49 PM
If GTA5 comes out this year you all owe me a cookie

TheHumanTowel
04-22-2012, 02:05 PM
Who awards GOTY anyway it seems like every successful game has a GOTY edition.

GLHS
04-22-2012, 02:28 PM
yeah, that's the good thing about GOTY, no matter how many copies were bought, the guys who judge each game know when a game is good.

and as for the soccer thing, your right, I'm not even a big soccer fan but when the world cup comes around, suddenly everyone is, it was hilarious last time, we were all in school and none of the teachers cared about teaching, they just kept checking the scores every 15 minuets, even if it wasn't England playing!

Lol awesome. I should go to college over there so half the time they won't even be teaching :D

morpheusPrime08
04-22-2012, 06:58 PM
If GTA5 comes out this year you all owe me a cookie

Listen kid, Rockstar never releases two games in one year. Max Payne 3 comes out in May, why would they release two AAA games in one year? Cmon its common sense.

SaintPerkele
04-22-2012, 08:58 PM
That video is.. definitely unneccessary. But might be a hint that the gameplay will be released soon.
Also, most of these people (note, not all of them) are either extremely loud or a typical cliché gamer nerd.

Guys, guys, let's not forget that this would not have been possible without us Germa-.. Ah, wait, what?

freddie_1897
04-22-2012, 09:12 PM
I don't understand why England always argues with America about WW2, we don't argue with the Germans because we've let it go, but we still argue with our allies?
This world is confusing

Serrachio
04-22-2012, 09:22 PM
I don't understand why England always argues with America about WW2, we don't argue with the Germans because we've let it go, but we still argue with our allies?
This world is confusing

England and various other allies did the majority of the fighting. The United States came in towards the end, and now Americans think that they're the sole reason why the Allies won, which is quite wrong.

D.I.D.
04-22-2012, 09:22 PM
Listen kid, Rockstar never releases two games in one year. Max Payne 3 comes out in May, why would they release two AAA games in one year? Cmon its common sense.

Original Max Payne's PS2 and Xbox versions were published by Rockstar the same year that GTAIII was released, with The Italian Job in the same year too.

People keep saying this, but if you look at pretty much any of R's big titles, they released other weighty titles alongside them: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Rockstar_games It's only in the last few years that they've slowed down a bit.

It's quite possible that they'll do MP3 now, in order to own the summer, and then GTAV in the autumn to smash everybody else. The only question is whether it's ready yet.

Serrachio
04-22-2012, 09:25 PM
Original Max Payne's PS2 and Xbox versions were published by Rockstar the same year that GTAIII was released, with The Italian Job in the same year too.

People keep saying this, but if you look at pretty much any of R's big titles, they released other weighty titles alongside them: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Rockstar_games It's only in the last few years that they've slowed down a bit.

It's quite possible that they'll do MP3 now, in order to own the summer, and then GTAV in the autumn to smash everybody else. The only question is whether it's ready yet.

Well, it seems somebody owes someone else a cookie. :p

D.I.D.
04-22-2012, 09:26 PM
Thats true. Bioshock infinite.. another great game I'm looking forward to :')

That, Dishonored, Quantum Conundrum, Max Payne 3 and I know I'm forgetting some other contenders. AC3 will have some tough competition, as usual.

SaintPerkele
04-22-2012, 09:32 PM
I like how nobody ever mentions that the Russians actually helped a lot if not the most (and the Russian winter, of course). America's help was mainly present in the Pacific War and the post-war time (which definitely was an important factor when it comes to winning, no doubt, it's just not that the States helped the rest of the Allies defeat the Germans, that was WWI). Anyway, I don't want to turn this in yet another hurr-who's-the-good-guy-durr-debate, because it doesn't belong here and as a German I'm on the bad-guy-side of history anyway. Let's just say, each of the Allies was important, even France; but there's no reason to glorify this all the time. First of all, you didn't contribute anything yourself if you didn't live back then. Secondly, even the winners did cruel things - America bombed Hiroshima and killed millions of innocents for example. Let's just be glad that the times of war are over, at least in the Western World.

EDIT: I'm pretty sure that Bioshock Infinite will be a worthy contester.

pacmanate
04-22-2012, 09:47 PM

Well, it seems somebody owes someone else a cookie. :p

Thank you for backing up my bacon!

freddie_1897
04-22-2012, 10:25 PM
Thank you for backing up my bacon!
Bacon? I thought it was a cookie?

morpheusPrime08
04-22-2012, 10:47 PM

Exactly, that was 10 years ago, now its a whole nother ball game. Im hoping they show GTAV at E3 but I doubt it, even if they do the chances of them announcing GTAV release date this year only a month after Max Payne 3 comes out makes no sense.

MaKaVeLiTL
04-23-2012, 04:48 PM
They all look like they get laid a lot.