PDA

View Full Version : How about multiplayer style assassinations in the campaign?

Assassinsyk
04-19-2012, 11:42 PM
I, for one LOVE the MP. The finesse of a good, stealthy and high scoring assassination in MP makes the standard kills in the SP mundane, IMO. There were always some requirements for full synch (hidden blade, air assassination etc), but the MP innovated and elevated how it could be done. How about some sort of point/currency/synch-system (not so sure whats the best incentive) linked to MP style kills? Right off the bat, both focus, acrobatic, silent/incog, grab kill, poison and hidden could all be implemented for an even deeper feel for assassination, and serve as an easy way to include different difficulty levels.

Imagine how rewarding it would feel to research/stalk your target and their guards' routines, to find that weak spot where you'd get a hidden incog poison (on top of a greater variety/streak XP).

Sorry if this has been suggested before, I rarely leave the MP section. Or the MP.

rileypoole1234
04-20-2012, 12:32 AM
Well doing the research about your target and their guards does sound pretty cool. I'm not sure if you're suggesting this but I don't think it should give you an amount of XP in single player. That is for multiplayer. I do like the idea of really assessing the situation and going through all of the options in your head and finally striking when the moment is right.

SixKeys
04-20-2012, 12:46 AM
I don't think the MP play style would work in the SP. It would become a hunt for bonus/sync points instead of focusing on the atmosphere. Focus wouldn't even work unless they put a glowing ****on prompt above each character's head which would look annoying and unrealistic.\

Edit: Of course, they could do this if they brought back the VR Room in some way. That would be a great place to just goof around and try to get as many assassination techniques down as possible. Not in the main campaign though.

Assassinsyk
04-20-2012, 12:56 AM
We'd have to get creative in what kind of reward you'd get. Abstergo credits lost its cool once I had 40k, and XP beyond the first prestige (and after double XP weekends) is a worthless measurement of too much spare time. A symbolic "Full synch" might be reward enough, although unlocking side quests like they mentioned for hunting clubs erc would be ideal. Don't think they'll punish the less patient gamers by giving them less content, though.

The research could be similar to the info on the Borgia captains, but isn't imperative for the concept. Just adding increasingly difficult/masterful ways of assassinating targets, and I think there would be a cool new element. How to build up an incognito status hidden in plain view of your target would be intense.

It was fun, although dumbed down, in the training ground.

Assassinsyk
04-20-2012, 01:02 AM
@sixkeys: I don't think you give the devs enough credit. I'm sure they could implement without losing atmosphere, after all the concept was there from the beginning with assassination as close to the way ezio did it, for full sync. Agree there should be no prompt, but some effect (like an eagle screeching or whatever) would suffice.

De Filosoof
04-20-2012, 05:03 PM
No, this would suck.

It wouldn't fit the story.
XP can be implemented in the MP story because it's a templar training program, they have to get higher points to get higher up the pyramid.
But the single player isn't there to get higher up with points.
It's about the story and their fight against injustice.
Getting xp in singleplayer really wouldn't make sense at all.
If you could pay stuff from the xp you earned on killing people or animals it would mean that Connor bought his equipment from earning XP in "real life" without the animus, just to give an example.

Black_Widow9
04-20-2012, 07:08 PM
Please post this here-
ACIII Multiplayer Suggestions (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/662385)
Thanks ;)