PDA

View Full Version : Since some new screenshots are nighttime...

Lili_Marleen
05-12-2004, 12:22 PM
...i wonder,how aware ships'crew will be? Will the light REALLY affect your tactics? Will zero visibility be REALLY zero,for both player and AI? (remember "air gap" mission? I got sick..)
Yes, Im thinking of sneaking. Of Kretschmerlike runs in pre-radar stage. Of taking advantage from using the "better" side of moonlight etc.
Thing sadly not present in previous releases. But possible today..right? I really hope

Lili_Marleen
05-12-2004, 12:22 PM
...i wonder,how aware ships'crew will be? Will the light REALLY affect your tactics? Will zero visibility be REALLY zero,for both player and AI? (remember "air gap" mission? I got sick..)
Yes, Im thinking of sneaking. Of Kretschmerlike runs in pre-radar stage. Of taking advantage from using the "better" side of moonlight etc.
Thing sadly not present in previous releases. But possible today..right? I really hope

HeibgesU999
05-12-2004, 12:34 PM
and weather and alee side attacks. will these effect the lookouts?

Willey
05-12-2004, 01:01 PM
In Aces of the Deep I could do some deckgunning in well-protected convoys if there was bad weather (dense fog http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif) / dark night... I really hope SH3 will also feature realitic limitations, especially for the AI, here. That's what I hate in Il-2 FB, where the AI sees everything, indepentent of clouds, light or mountains / objects obstucting the view.