PDA

View Full Version : New AC Ancestor !

BEARCOMPANY85
04-19-2012, 12:43 PM
Any ideas for a completely new ancestor guys ? as this is desmonds third and final ultimate Assassin on the way (Connor ) can't help but think of future ideas for new ancestors.

freddie_1897
04-19-2012, 03:56 PM
as you have probably seen from the tudor/victorian/edwardian England thread that you made,

Name: jack steadman

Born: ireland

Died: england

Era: victorian

Joined the assassins because he didn't like the poverty that was happening.

Good at: free running, amazing at free running, so good in fact that the few people who saw him thought he was a different being, the assassins used this to there advantage and spread rumours about this assassin, calling him springheeled jack, viewed upon as an urban legend by the people.

Bad at: large, close quarter fights, he can take on a few guards fine, but when more arrive he has to do a runner.

Moved to India for 2 years to help an ally (ghandi) this leaves space for a sequel

mattscat16
04-19-2012, 05:50 PM
i don't know about a name.... but maybe some guy in the civil war:cool:

Kables
04-19-2012, 06:04 PM
as you have probably seen from the tudor/victorian/edwardian England thread that you made,

Good at: free running, amazing at free running, so good in fact that the few people who saw him thought he was a different being, the assassins used this to there advantage and spread rumours about this assassin, calling him springheeled jack, viewed upon as an urban legend by the people.

Bad at: large, close quarter fights, he can take on a few guards fine, but when more arrive he has to do a runner.

Moved to India for 2 years to help an ally (ghandi) this leaves space for a sequel

I love this. Irish assassin!

freddie_1897
04-19-2012, 06:23 PM
yeah, better be nice to me or i'll make him scottish!

jk

Scystab
04-19-2012, 07:29 PM
so in essence, he will have a drinking problem? :p j/k

ShaneO7K
04-19-2012, 09:06 PM

The only reason I would worry about them doing an Irish assassin is that they would make him fall under one of the many stereotypes, which games that Irish characters already do.

freddie_1897
04-19-2012, 10:03 PM
The only reason I would worry about them doing an Irish assassin is that they would make him fall under one of the many stereotypes, which games that Irish characters already do.
Don't worry, to avoid stereotypes he can have a pet leprechaun

And I have the exact same worry about the English in ac3

ShaneO7K
04-19-2012, 10:21 PM
Don't worry, to avoid stereotypes he can have a pet leprechaun

And I have the exact same worry about the English in ac3

I have a feeling Ubisoft will do a pretty good job on both sides for some reason, but I'll wait till we hear more before I make my mind up.

One character that stays in my head that annoyed me but still was a pretty good character is Irish from RDR. Also I just finished watching season 3 of Sons of Anarchy, and while it was great, they did a pretty bad portrayal of N.Ireland and the Irish. Pretty much most of their scenes had a religious reference.

But slightly more on topic, I have faith that Ubisoft will be accurate by their characters.

JumpInTheFire13
04-20-2012, 12:34 AM

I love this idea.

rileypoole1234
04-20-2012, 12:55 AM
Name: James McNeff.(my name of course)

Born: Glascow, Scotland.

Moved to London at the very early age of four.

Era: Victorian

I had a whole thing about how he was a poor boy in the slums of Victorian England. My plan was that his whole family was murdered by some insane maniac, and he decides to join the Assassins to find himself and get some order in his life. A bunch of stuff happens and he ends up becoming the best Assassin the guild has ever seen. Later he realises his family was murdered by the same man that was now murdering woman. Famous for the Whitechapel murder, he was ruthless and brutal. His name was Jack the Ripper. James McNeff then goes on the hunt for the famed serial killer, risking life and limb to avenge his family and trying not to forget to put the Assassin's first, and not his personal issues. Of course he'll come across many Pieces of Eden along the way.

At some point he opens up a Temple under Stonehenge as well.

I have a file with an actual story somewhere on my computer. If I find it, I'll post it here.

BEARCOMPANY85
04-20-2012, 06:41 AM

I had a whole thing about how he was a poor boy in the slums of Victorian England. My plan was that his whole family was murdered by some insane maniac, and he decides to join the Assassins to find himself and get some order in his life. A bunch of stuff happens and he ends up becoming the best Assassin the guild has ever seen. Later he realises his family was murdered by the same man that was now murdering woman. Famous for the Whitechapel murder, he was ruthless and brutal. His name was Jack the Ripper. James McNeff then goes on the hunt for the famed serial killer, risking life and limb to avenge his family and trying not to forget to put the Assassin's first, and not his personal issues. Of course he'll come across many Pieces of Eden along the way.

I have a file with an actual story somewhere on my computer. If I find it, I'll post it here.

Rileypoole you have just got yourself a future Assassins Creed storyline right there THAT IS FANTASTIC !

freddie_1897
04-20-2012, 07:57 AM

Hmm, your story's better than mine, but I'd still like springheeled jack as the name (nickname) of the assassin because it's just a perfect fit, springheeled jack was also apparently sighted in Scotland too, so it could still fit into your story

Black_Widow9
04-20-2012, 06:31 PM
Please post this here-
Beyond ACIII (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/662609)