PDA

View Full Version : Ubisoft got nothing left to say?

pacmanate
04-19-2012, 12:03 PM
I think you will all agree with me in that the literally NO information about Assassin's Creed 3 has been released since March. You can tell because of how uninteresting the new threads are on here. If I'm honest I think this was really bad on Ubisofts part. It just seems to me that they had so much information that they could release and they just decided to release it to the public all in one go, thus giving us a month of having nothing new. What does this mean for May? Would they bother releasing any more information in May, or would they just wait until June because that's when E3 is? Either way, having one month (April) of no new information is bad enough on their part, but if they go forward with releasing no information in May because of E3, then I will be kinda pissed.

SlimeDynamiteD
04-19-2012, 12:13 PM
They just want to tease us and make us excited about the game.
There's still loads they could tell us but they won't because they want us to get excited and curious about the game.

SaintPerkele
04-19-2012, 12:24 PM
It's the right way to go actually. Remember Revelations? We got more information, screens and videos with every week and everybody watched them all.

So when the game was finally released, there were almost no surprises left. Everything, even most parts of the story, was already revealed (maybe that's explains the game's name). And then everybody complained, because they expected to see even more in the game; I suppose Ubisoft learned from this.

All I want right now is that gameplay video that was shown to the press and maybe some impressions of New York, of which we haven't seen anything so far - and that would be enough to keep me excited till the release, so the game is full of surprises. I really hope they won't release any information about Desmond at all.

Jamison_J_B
04-19-2012, 12:37 PM
I understand the psychology behind this method, but I do think it is half-asinine.

pacmanate
04-19-2012, 12:43 PM
Tbh they should of released the info they gave us in March and spread it over April aswell, have may silent then hit us with a demo at E3 in June. I don't think its fair on the fans to have to wait 2 months with nothing

Sukramo
04-19-2012, 01:07 PM
Atleast this game will have an enemy that makes historic sence.

SlimeDynamiteD
04-19-2012, 01:09 PM
You mean like your statement made sense?

BBALive
04-19-2012, 01:29 PM
It's better for a company to hold back information rather than divulge it all straight away. That way, we consumers are pleasantly surprised when we finally get the game and discover all of these cool things we didn't know about. It doesn't happen often enough these days; we usually know EVERYTHING about a game before it even releases. The obvious exception being plot details.

GLHS
04-19-2012, 02:07 PM
Idk, I'm kinda on the fence about this. I've always liked when devs release little bits of information consistently over a longer period of time, but there's also something awesome about that big reveal after so many months of an information drought. Remembering back to when God of War 3 released (it was the biggest release for me besides now, with AC3), there was one teaser trailer and E3 '08, and they went all the way till the VGA's in Dec. with really nothing new, and then hit us with a huge trailer. Showing off the game engine and everything. Then waited a while and starting randomly releasing screens and stuff until releasing the demo at E3 '09. And then there were a few tidbits of info here and there up to it's release in March 2010. So they kinda did both, but omg those months waiting from trailer to trailer with nothing new was agonizing. I'm with a lot of you here right now though, and am mostly content with what we've gotten so far, aside from the gameplay video. All I'd really ask for is the vid and a few more details about Desmond play. But honestly, if we absolutely have to wait until E3 for a real gameplay vid, then I'd say just some new screens and interviews revealing stuff about Desmond and/or TWCB would be fine with me. Then gameplay/demo at E3, and maybe another trailer and stuff inbetween then and release. Of course, I don't want too much divulged, as I still wanna be surprised, but a little goes a long way, especially if it's something with a double meaning or a little confusing that we can sorta mull over and discuss to keep busy.

Jamison_J_B
04-19-2012, 02:37 PM
Idk, I'm kinda on the fence about this. I've always liked when devs release little bits of information consistently over a longer period of time, but there's also something awesome about that big reveal after so many months of an information drought. Remembering back to when God of War 3 released (it was the biggest release for me besides now, with AC3), there was one teaser trailer and E3 '08, and they went all the way till the VGA's in Dec. with really nothing new, and then hit us with a huge trailer. Showing off the game engine and everything. Then waited a while and starting randomly releasing screens and stuff until releasing the demo at E3 '09. And then there were a few tidbits of info here and there up to it's release in March 2010. So they kinda did both, but omg those months waiting from trailer to trailer with nothing new was agonizing. I'm with a lot of you here right now though, and am mostly content with what we've gotten so far, aside from the gameplay video. All I'd really ask for is the vid and a few more details about Desmond play. But honestly, if we absolutely have to wait until E3 for a real gameplay vid, then I'd say just some new screens and interviews revealing stuff about Desmond and/or TWCB would be fine with me. Then gameplay/demo at E3, and maybe another trailer and stuff inbetween then and release. Of course, I don't want too much divulged, as I still wanna be surprised, but a little goes a long way, especially if it's something with a double meaning or a little confusing that we can sorta mull over and discuss to keep busy.

I would love details on Desmond, but I think that is one area where they will not go into. I think ubi would much more rather tell us about the story with Connor than they would with Desmond

GLHS
04-19-2012, 02:40 PM
I know, but I can dream :p

dxsxhxcx
04-19-2012, 03:13 PM
while I want to know more about the game, I don't want another S16 being shown in a simple trailer (insert image "If you know what I mean" here), but it would be nice if they decided to show that **** gameplay... :p

infamous_ezio
04-19-2012, 03:32 PM
I hope they don't tell us much more, this is the last game in an amazing series, the ending of an epic story, why would you ruin that? i'm glad they aren't releasing much about desmond, i want to be shocked when i play it, just like i was when i finished AC1, AC2 and ACB.

freddie_1897
04-19-2012, 03:42 PM
Atleast this game will have an enemy that makes historic sence.
if you mean the British redcoats then i agree but also disagree,

1. the redcoats WERE bad, but don't get the impression that they were all evil, the guy you kill in the demo they showed at pax may have been a templar. but looking at his Wiki he was well respected by the citizens of Boston, according to records when he died, he fell into his son's arms before dying, so hopefully this will give the idea that the templars weren't all bad.

2. i hope that the redcoats aren't considered the bad guys and the colonists aren't considered the good guys, not because this isn't true but because the AC series isn't about that, there are templars on both sides of every conflict in the AC games.

ShadowRage41
04-19-2012, 03:50 PM
I think you will all agree with me in that the literally NO information about Assassin's Creed 3 has been released since March. You can tell because of how uninteresting the new threads are on here. If I'm honest I think this was really bad on Ubisofts part. It just seems to me that they had so much information that they could release and they just decided to release it to the public all in one go, thus giving us a month of having nothing new. What does this mean for May? Would they bother releasing any more information in May, or would they just wait until June because that's when E3 is? Either way, having one month (April) of no new information is bad enough on their part, but if they go forward with releasing no information in May because of E3, then I will be kinda pissed.

Be patient grasshopper. I am sure during E3 we will get all kinds of news and trailers ect. People just need to be patient. The game is not released until Oct. So? even if they wait until June and E3 that is ONLY a two month wait.

LightRey
04-19-2012, 04:50 PM
Why are we even expecting a constant stream of information all the way from March to the release? That rarely ever happens for any game.

Sukramo
04-19-2012, 04:55 PM

No of couse not. What I mean is that the redcoats were around at the time.

The Byzantines did not exist in 1512 and thus they were bad for the story. They got shoehorned in due to Ezio.

POP1Fan
04-19-2012, 05:02 PM

1. the redcoats WERE bad, but don't get the impression that they were all evil, the guy you kill in the demo they showed at pax may have been a templar. but looking at his Wiki he was well respected by the citizens of Boston, according to records when he died, he fell into his son's arms before dying, so hopefully this will give the idea that the templars weren't all bad.

2. i hope that the redcoats aren't considered the bad guys and the colonists aren't considered the good guys, not because this isn't true but because the AC series isn't about that, there are templars on both sides of every conflict in the AC games.

Well, it depends on which side you look at the thing. For the Brits the Colonists are the bad guys and I really think there are some people out there, not involved in the conflict, that also think the colonists weren't the good guys.

BBALive
04-19-2012, 05:12 PM
No of couse not. What I mean is that the redcoats were around at the time.

The Byzantines did not exist in 1512 and thus they were bad for the story. They got shoehorned in due to Ezio.

The Byzantine Empire was formed in 330 A.D.

I hope they don't tell us much more, this is the last game in an amazing series, the ending of an epic story, why would you ruin that? i'm glad they aren't releasing much about desmond, i want to be shocked when i play it, just like i was when i finished AC1, AC2 and ACB.

It isn't the last game in the series. It's just the end of Desmond's story.

dewgel
04-19-2012, 06:04 PM
Is the OP being serious here? It's April. The game comes out in October. Revelations wasn't even announced until mid April / May last year. We've known about AC 3 for a couple of month now. There's plenty of info and time to release it. And remember, they keep a lot hidden until E3. We're lucky to have been given this much info, which is nice

POP1Fan
04-19-2012, 06:10 PM
Everything being leaked prior to the official announcement didin't help either.

infamous_ezio
04-19-2012, 06:29 PM
It isn't the last game in the series. It's just the end of Desmond's story.

The last game in the MAJOR series.. Because this is the end of such a good story, i honestly doubt they will ruin it, i bet they will give us the minimal desmond info at E3, similar to when the dev's of diablo were like "so i bet you all want a release date of diablo 3? well to bad bad because we don't have 1!"

Mr_Shade
04-19-2012, 07:15 PM
I'm sure there will be something new soon for you guys to pull apart :)

Gil_217
04-19-2012, 07:20 PM
I'm sure there will be something new soon for you guys to pull apart :)

Problem is, we are sick to death to hear that "talk", what about actually showing something.

pacmanate
04-19-2012, 07:43 PM
Why are we even expecting a constant stream of information all the way from March to the release? That rarely ever happens for any game.

I never said a constant stream of information, my main point is how it would of been better to spread out that MASS of information we got in March and to spread it over April too. When we got the reveal trailer we should of got like half of the information, and then in April we should of got the Connor video with the other half of information. Then a "darker" month in May with screenshots and very little followed by Junes gameplay reveal.

I just think they could of spread it over too months, its not fair :'(

[QUOTE=dewgel;8250539]Is the OP being serious here?

Yes.

SixKeys
04-19-2012, 07:46 PM
Pax East just ended a week ago, I think right now they're recuperating and concentrating on preparing for E3. Lots of people at Pax got to see a new demo which unfortunately won't be released online (yet) but thus far it's the earliest they've ever shown in-game footage before release. With all the other games we had to wait until E3 until we even got so much as a trailer. Tons of articles and screen grabs were released before and during Pax. At this point I think they've said everything the PR department allows them to reveal so there's not much point doing further interviews until they can reveal some actual new information.

LordWolv
04-19-2012, 07:46 PM
Oh, come on guys, just be patient!
They gave basic things to us in March, but now there's this couple of months gap until E3 when they'll give us truck-loads of information; E3 will also be when the commercialization of ACIII begins.

So just hold on, there's no reason Ubisoft should have even given us anything in March, so stop being so impatient and demanding when they've been too revealing already.

pacmanate
04-19-2012, 08:08 PM
Oh, come on guys, just be patient!
They gave basic things to us in March, but now there's this couple of months gap until E3 when they'll give us truck-loads of information; E3 will also be when the commercialization of ACIII begins.

So just hold on, there's no reason Ubisoft should have even given us anything in March, so stop being so impatient and demanding when they've been too revealing already.

You haven't read what I've been saying have you. I am not impatient OR demanding anything new. When did I say that for a start. All I've been saying is that they could of eased it out slower over March and April because we haven't heard anything new since around the first week of March

rileypoole1234
04-19-2012, 08:16 PM
I wish they waited a bit to release some stuff. It makes me more antsy when there is a ton of info, and then none. But whatever, they'll be releasing a lot more info during and around E3. I don't think they have nothing left to say. They definitely have quite a bit more to say.

LordWolv
04-19-2012, 08:29 PM
You haven't read what I've been saying have you. I am not impatient OR demanding anything new. When did I say that for a start. All I've been saying is that they could of eased it out slower over March and April because we haven't heard anything new since around the first week of March
You are being impatient and demanding by making this thread, and why would we want or need information to be spread out?

pacmanate
04-19-2012, 08:43 PM
You are being impatient and demanding by making this thread, and why would we want or need information to be spread out?

I have not once demanded anything what are you talking about? I just think that Ubisoft could of spread out the information they released in March more evenly for us so that we didn't have a massive gap of nothing. The masses of information we got in march could of very easily of been spread out

Dieinthedark
04-19-2012, 10:08 PM
It's the right way to go actually. Remember Revelations? We got more information, screens and videos with every week and everybody watched them all.

So when the game was finally released, there were almost no surprises left. Everything, even most parts of the story, was already revealed (maybe that's explains the game's name). And then everybody complained, because they expected to see even more in the game; I suppose Ubisoft learned from this.

All I want right now is that gameplay video that was shown to the press and maybe some impressions of New York, of which we haven't seen anything so far - and that would be enough to keep me excited till the release, so the game is full of surprises. I really hope they won't release any information about Desmond at all.

This is true!

twenty_glyphs
04-19-2012, 11:25 PM
I understand the OP's point, but I think they're doing fine so far. I do think it was smart to have a large reveal to make a splash and try to get people on board the new concept of the American Revolution early on this year. It gives me a lot of confidence that they've released so much info so early in the year. At the same time, it makes the wait that much harder. At this time last year, we knew there would be an AC game during 2011 because of the CEO of Ubisoft's confirmation, but we didn't know anything about it until the first week of May. As soon as I found out the details about Revelations, just knowing it existed and what it was about made the wait seem very long. This year's wait is even longer after the game's reveal.

I actually am kind of tired of all the info that's come out about AC3. They've done a huge blitz for it and shown off quite a bit, which is good. But so many news outlets are covering it and it's all just the same info over and over, even though it's good info and there's a lot of it. At this point I just want to see some more about the cities in the game, and a gameplay demo. More than that, I'm itching for some side story content like The Chain comic or Project Legacy type stories.

jmk1999
04-19-2012, 11:34 PM
eh... i'm not too worried. i know they'll release info sooner or later. you guys gotta understand that i'm a BG&E fan. our fan base's patience has been tried indefinitely. :rolleyes:..................... come on, ubi...:(

JumpInTheFire13
04-20-2012, 12:30 AM
I'd rather they don't tell us a whole bunch about the game. I'd rather find it out when I play it.

Poodle_of_Doom
04-20-2012, 04:29 AM
Not having read over the entire thread, I don't know if this has been mentioned before. I read over the first page and a half or so of posts, and happened to recall something LightRey had said once before. It's probibly better that they don't reveal a whole lot, because the forum is pretty good at figuring things out from little information. We already know about how long the game will be in terms of hours, and segments. We know about how many will be Desmond segments. We already have an idea of the characters, and their interactions with each other. We already know the setting, and a few other details. We can draw a whole lot of conclusions as it stands right now. Why do you want more to be released? If it's the last game of the series, let's say, then why spoil the ending?

DavisP92
04-20-2012, 05:08 AM
I do NOT want them to over release info on the story. I don't want to know who the enemies (traitors and such), it should be a surprise. But i would like to see what they are doing with the brotherhood, what other weapons are in the game. and other gameplay info as long as it doesn't spoil anything

GLHS
04-20-2012, 12:54 PM
E3 FTW! I am excited. BUT: I'm also kinda worried b/c now, a lot of our hopes rest on getting a decent amount of info. Some part of me can totally see E3 comin and goin and everybody being disappointed by us not getting enough info. There will always be people out there like that, but I'm meaning the community as a whole. Idk, just reading through this thread makes me feel like we're gonna be comin away from E3 happy about what they release, and then like 2 weeks later everybody's goin "wow...that really wasn't a lot to go on. We want more." Cuz this forum is exactly like that lol.

UrDeviant1
04-20-2012, 12:57 PM
tbh I'm not too fussed If they bring out more Info before E3 because the more Info I get, the harder the wait will be.

De Filosoof
04-20-2012, 04:31 PM
I do NOT want them to over release info on the story. I don't want to know who the enemies (traitors and such), it should be a surprise. But i would like to see what they are doing with the brotherhood, what other weapons are in the game. and other gameplay info as long as it doesn't spoil anything

This.
They have a new game engine with plenty of new game mechanics to show.
I think they could keep us satisfied if they only showed non-story related gameplay,
it's an open-world game so...
It kinda ruined ACR for me but that was also because it had the same engine from previous AC's and very few new mechanics.
I honestly don't wanna see a story demo.
But i think they don't care, it's good marketing for them to show "hollywood style" missions so...

naran6142
04-20-2012, 04:42 PM
Not having read over the entire thread, I don't know if this has been mentioned before. I read over the first page and a half or so of posts, and happened to recall something LightRey had said once before. It's probibly better that they don't reveal a whole lot, because the forum is pretty good at figuring things out from little information. We already know about how long the game will be in terms of hours, and segments. We know about how many will be Desmond segments. We already have an idea of the characters, and their interactions with each other. We already know the setting, and a few other details. We can draw a whole lot of conclusions as it stands right now. Why do you want more to be released? If it's the last game of the series, let's say, then why spoil the ending?

thats so true.

also ubi tended to give away really cool moments in the game like monteriggoini being destroy or those videos with 16.

Id prefer to really just get gameplay information to keep me excited with all the things we will be able to do and leave the story for actually playing the game...

I plan on going dark really early this year

freddie_1897
04-20-2012, 04:42 PM
i do not want ANYTHING on the story

pacmanate
04-20-2012, 04:55 PM
*facepalm*

Never said for them to release more. Just wanted it distributed better. But no one really read what I've been saying so no point.

berserker134
04-20-2012, 11:26 PM
Maybe is because they are bussy with the lawsuit

UrDeviant1
04-20-2012, 11:27 PM
Maybe is because they are bussy with the lawsuit

Maybe It's because shut up.

berserker134
04-20-2012, 11:30 PM
i wont post any more in a long time bye >:I

pacmanate
04-20-2012, 11:30 PM

+1

Acrimonious_Nin
04-21-2012, 12:00 AM
i wont post any more in a long time bye >:I
XD come back do not leave because we have trolling going on !

Maybe you should not be so rude to fellow members. Even if it's amusing.

+1
-__- How dare you keep score...

UrDeviant1
04-21-2012, 12:09 AM
Maybe you should not be so rude to fellow members. Even if it's amusing.

There's only so much bull**** one can take. He was a prime culprit of people making pointless threads where the creator didn't know what he/she were talking about.

It's been going on a lot lately and It starting to piss people off.

Acrimonious_Nin
04-21-2012, 12:10 AM
I see your point XD...so be it..

jmk1999
04-21-2012, 08:42 AM
There's only so much bull**** one can take. He was a prime culprit of people making pointless threads where the creator didn't know what he/she were talking about.

It's been going on a lot lately and It starting to piss people off.

that's no exception for the rude commentary. if there's a problem with a thread, report it. otherwise, maybe you need to take your own advise. the inappropriate and rude comments will not be tolerated... regardless of the motive.

EscoBlades
04-21-2012, 01:15 PM
Marketing works in a specific way. All i'll say is, you'll get info soon enough. Surprised this thread came up, seeing as this is how it works for most games, let alone Ubi (and AC) titles.

Patience. I know i sound like a broken record.

ajl992008
04-21-2012, 03:52 PM
i think theres no chance of gameplay before e3, but i would like some more screen shots and maybe another trailer, rather than releasing bunch of screenshots in one go maybe 1 screenshot everyday so the haters cant keep arguing that nothing is being posted. personally i dont care, a lot has been posted already and i cant wait to see gameplay at e3.

UrDeviant1
04-21-2012, 05:25 PM
that's no exception for the rude commentary. if there's a problem with a thread, report it. otherwise, maybe you need to take your own advise. the inappropriate and rude comments will not be tolerated... regardless of the motive.

What *advice? I never gave any *advice -_-

jmk1999
04-21-2012, 05:57 PM
What *advice? I never gave any *advice -_-

actually, i was referring to this advice... you know, this one below... :rolleyes:

on second thought... no, i don't need to read anymore comments like that. we'll just ban the next person that does that. :)

UrDeviant1
04-21-2012, 06:07 PM
actually, i was referring to this advice... you know, this one below... :rolleyes:

on second thought... no, i don't need to read anymore comments like that. we'll just ban the next person that does that. :)

Maybe you should have quoted that originally then? would've made more sense.

PS. I wont take that advice, not when there are Important AC matters to discuss!