PDA

View Full Version : Who is the better Assassin?

BEARCOMPANY85
04-19-2012, 11:09 AM
Who is the better Assassin?

D.I.D.
04-19-2012, 11:57 AM
I preferred Ezio as a character, but Altair embodied an assassin's atmosphere better. Unfortunately Altair had that weird personality, like when anime characters try to do "deep and conflicted", so he was a bit angsty for me. There's a kind of stoicism I'm waiting for, but it's hard line to walk.

I felt like there was more danger in my path as Altair, and I hid more as a result (although Ezio occasionally found himself in situations which were more deadly and required more stealth than Altair did, but I'm talking in general terms). I liked having to escape the city as part of the completion of a mission too, which felt more predatory, for want of a better word.

SaintPerkele
04-19-2012, 12:25 PM
I preferred Ezio as a character, but Altair embodied an assassin's atmosphere better. Unfortunately Altair had that weird personality, like when anime characters try to do "deep and conflicted", so he was a bit angsty for me. There's a kind of stoicism I'm waiting for, but it's hard line to walk.

I felt like there was more danger in my path as Altair, and I hid more as a result (although Ezio occasionally found himself in situations which were more deadly and required more stealth than Altair did, but I'm talking in general terms). I liked having to escape the city as part of the completion of a mission too, which felt more predatory, for want of a better word.
Couldn't have said it better myself. Glad there are some people out there who feel the same way.

eagleforlife1
04-19-2012, 12:42 PM
I like Ezio more, but Altair was the better Assassin.

Sukramo
04-19-2012, 01:34 PM
Ezio had medicine able to regrow limbs. No contest.

SaintPerkele
04-19-2012, 01:38 PM
Ezio had medicine able to regrow limbs. No contest.
Medicine? Tss, Altair was just standing around and magically healed his wounds. How about that?!

Gil_217
04-19-2012, 01:45 PM
http://www.gifflix.com/files/933cc5f311b4.gif

This thread again?? There's nothing really better to discuss?

I actually understand this kind of threads, and there's no problem with them at first, but c'mon, this comparison has been done to death, therefore, it has become completely irrelevant and pointless.

Close this.

Jamison_J_B
04-19-2012, 02:43 PM
I'm going with Altair. After killing Al Mualim, Altair started to bring the order back into place. Then after 30 years of the order's decay, at the hands of Abbas, Altair restored the order to most of it's formal glory. Even Ezio sought guidance from the teachings of Altair.

Sukramo
04-19-2012, 04:13 PM
Then after 30 years of the order's decay,

This dosent exactly weigt in Altairs favor. Now people died and suffered because Altair was whining for 20 years.

LightRey
04-19-2012, 04:40 PM
This dosent exactly weigt in Altairs favor. Now people died and suffered because Altair was whining for 20 years.
He wasn't whining. At first I thought this too, but then I thought it through. There was a problem. The order had been turned against him and he needed to take Masyaf back in a way that would mend the rift that was created when Al Mualim died. The only way to do that was to allow Abbas to demonstrate how terrible a leader he really was and through "showing off" the knowledge he gained from the Apple (i.e. showing everyone how much more suited he is as a leader) and then eventually retaking the order by rallying the Assassins still loyal to the creed.

Sukramo
04-19-2012, 04:50 PM
That is garbage. He had an obligation to everyone in the order and those around it. So he wasted human lives for no other reason than to prove a point?

That makes him worse than Abbas. He should have used the apple to make the other Assasains see the truth.

Lives>>>>>>"Honorable means"

It also makes him a hyppocrite. He had no problems using the apple on a crown on Cyprus to get to his goal.

LightRey
04-19-2012, 05:11 PM
That is garbage. He had an obligation to everyone in the order and those around it. So he wasted human lives for no other reason than to prove a point?

That makes him worse than Abbas. He should have used the apple to make the other Assasains see the truth.

Lives>>>>>>"Honorable means"

It also makes him a hyppocrite. He had no problems using the apple on a crown on Cyprus to get to his goal.
He had an obligation to the order that tried to kill him? Don't be ridiculous. He had an obligation to keep the order alive and in the long run taking it back in the way he did at the time he did was the best thing to do. These people chose to follow Abbas. Besides, at that age Alta´r could not have taken back the order alone or even with help from his family, not without the proper knowledge from the apple.

There were simply almost no people left in Masyaf that would want to help Alta´r at that point, either because of fear or because of loyalty to their new master. The only way Alta´r could possibly have taken back his position would have been through a coup d'Útat and aside from the fact that that would have been unlikely to ever succeed, he would've risked losing the Apple to Abbas, unless he didn't plan on using it which would have made the coup d'Útat attempt a stupid gamble at the time. Alta´r was being realistic. The people were against him when he fled and the apple had to be kept safe.

Perk89
04-19-2012, 05:14 PM
Ezio. Altair was a great assassin, but that wasn't his claim to fame. His claim is how he revolutionized the Order. Ezio did that too, but what he accomplished as an assassin takes precedence over that.

Ezio is the better assassin just because he's supposed to be. He had to be to fulfill his purpose. Plus, obviously, he has all the tools and tech that outdate Altair.

BBALive
04-19-2012, 05:23 PM
Ezio certainly had the better technology and more tools at his disposal. His equipment was also more modern and was of a higher standard. Obviously he was also a very highly-skilled assassin, rising to the rank of Mentor.

I would say that Ezio and Altair could very easily be matched in terms of actual skill. The deciding factor in this battle is Ezio's superior equipment, more advanced technology and wide range of tools. Because of this, I'd say that Ezio would take the win.

If it was raw skill vs. skill (no equipment or armor other than default assassin robes and hidden blade) then it's hard to say to say who would win. In my opinion it would be a draw.

mattscat16
04-19-2012, 05:46 PM
Altair hands down, he knew how to track and kill his targets like a boss

sticks165
04-19-2012, 05:50 PM
Seriously dude, why do you keep making these threads. Didn't you already make the same topic a few weeks ago?

POP1Fan
04-19-2012, 05:51 PM
Connor.

Acrimonious_Nin
04-19-2012, 07:10 PM
Guy fawkes

Sukramo
04-19-2012, 08:12 PM
He had an obligation to the order that tried to kill him?

They were misled by Abbas. I hate throwing the guilt around, but it really was Altairs fault: He didnt exile Abbas after trying to steal the apple.

These people chose to follow Abbas

Olny because they were lied to. Altair could have shown them the truth with the apple.

Besides, at that age Alta´r could not have taken back the order alone

He wasent that old, about the same age as Ezio when he kicked Templars. He could have done it.

The people were against him when he fled and the apple had to be kept safe.

Hmm.........Maybe he should have killed Abbas when he was persuing them. All alone.

Ultimatly it comes down to Altair being obsessed over Marias death and thus not even trying. That is failure.

rileypoole1234
04-19-2012, 08:21 PM
You've gotta stop making these threads over and over again.

Ezio was a better fighter, Altair was a better man. Being a better man probably means he was a better Assassin. His whole life was devoted to the order.

I still think Ezio was a better fighter though. I like him so much more than Altair as well.

POP1Fan
04-19-2012, 08:23 PM
They were misled by Abbas. I hate throwing the guilt around, but it really was Altairs fault: He didnt exile Abbas after trying to steal the apple.

Olny because they were lied to. Altair could have shown them the truth with the apple.

He wasent that old, about the same age as Ezio when he kicked Templars. He could have done it.

Hmm.........Maybe he should have killed Abbas when he was persuing them. All alone.

Ultimatly it comes down to Altair being obsessed over Marias death and thus not even trying. That is failure.
I don't think Altair had the power to exile Abbas at that time.

That would have been against his beliefs, against what the Order was fighting for and against the Creed.

And Altair was older than Ezio, while the Assassins where just as talanted as him and had the age advantage.I am sure Abbas himself was a pretty good fighter too.

Sukramo
04-19-2012, 08:30 PM
I don't think Altair had the power to exile Abbas at that time.

Well, he did become leader shortly after. Could have easily exiled him. He broke the third tenant.

That would have been against his beliefs, against what the Order was fighting for and against the Creed.

And good men suffered and died due to his stubornness.The creed was more or less gone at that time, the early pages of the codex tells of how he abolished them.

And Altair was older than Ezio

Dosent really matter. Altair was able to take out alot of guards. He wasent exactly weak.

I think it comes down to the writers needing some explanation for what Altair did those 20 years. So they came up with "And he did nothing, just mourning"

POP1Fan
04-19-2012, 09:04 PM
Well, he did become leader shortly after. Could have easily exiled him. He broke the third tenant.

And good men suffered and died due to his stubornness.The creed was more or less gone at that time, the early pages of the codex tells of how he abolished them.

Dosent really matter. Altair was able to take out alot of guards. He wasent exactly weak.

I think it comes down to the writers needing some explanation for what Altair did those 20 years. So they came up with "And he did nothing, just mourning"

How did he break the third tenant? And also, he beged for forgiveness, and Altair granted him that.

True, good men died, protecting the Order. The Creed was alive and well.Altair himself stated that the Creed would live on even if everyone following it would die.Those men died doing what they were supposed to do.

You didn't read everything I said.He wasn't weak at all, but not even a Master Assassin like Altair could take on a whole highly trained Order on his own

Sukramo
04-19-2012, 09:14 PM
How did he break the third tenant?

"Your actions must never cause us harm, directly or indirectly"

Abbas Directly put every assasain at Masyaf by stealing the apple.

True, good man (http://forums.ubi.com/#) died, protecting the Order.

Dont forget the innocent merchants who died because the assasains didnt protect them.

You didn't read everything I said.He wasn't weak at all, but not even a Master Assassin like Altair could take on a whole highly trained Order on his own

He only needed to sneak up and use the apple. Show an immage of the truth. That is not manipulation.

And I seriously doubt it took 20 years for Abbas"s corruption to show.

Jexx21
04-19-2012, 09:47 PM
equals

Dieinthedark
04-19-2012, 10:07 PM
Altair struck me as more professional so him.