PDA

View Full Version : Abstergo Industries Phone Call Recordings

DiamondBlade_R
04-16-2012, 03:24 PM
Woah, I've never seen\ listened to these before and they seem to be quite important to the story, in a sense that they show us that the writers of the franchise still maintain some effort to depict the Templars as people of Ideology, that strive to peace achieve after all, despite the fact that in the past couple of games they seemed to have been dumbed down into being greedy, power seeking ***holes. Apparently these phone call recordings were one of the hidden things in Brotherhood, but seeing how I never came across them while playing through it, I figured I must not be the only one who doesn't know about them. So for any of you who haven't listened to them yet, here they are: the Abstergo Phone Call Recordings. Video is with subtitles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAoz7HHUvok&feature=endscreen&NR=1

freddie_1897
04-16-2012, 04:02 PM
intresting... i forgot about these

De Filosoof
04-16-2012, 04:03 PM
First of all, WTF.

I can't understand how some "AC fans" didn't play the glyph puzzles, they are amazing!
They have a **** load of information about abstergo and many other interesting stuff.

in a sense that they show us that the writers of the franchise still maintain some effort to depict the Templars as people of Ideologists, that strive to achieve after all, despite the fact that in the past couple of games they seemed to have been dumbed down into being greedy, power seeking ***holes.

huh? These phonecalls and the info in the glyph puzzles suggest even more that they are greedy power seeking *******s.
I don't get it...

tarrero
04-16-2012, 04:08 PM
Wow, the HD cable call is sooooo creepy!!!!!
By the way, on these phones calll is hinted that Abstergo is losing control. In fact I remember a particular rift in which some high ranking guys at abstergo admited that they "products" are just not working anymore....

De Filosoof
04-16-2012, 04:14 PM
Story about how "Abstergo" operates.

Lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xbp6umQT58A

DiamondBlade_R
04-16-2012, 05:48 PM
First of all, WTF.

I can't understand how some "AC fans" didn't play the glyph puzzles, they are amazing!
They have a **** load of information about abstergo and many other interesting stuff.

huh? These phonecalls and the info in the glyph puzzles suggest even more that they are greedy power seeking *******s.
I don't get it...
It may seem like that from a subjective point of view, given the fact that we're used to thinking that "mind control=bad", but the truth is that from their point of view, the Templars are doing the right thing. At its core, their goal is not to achieve power, it is to achieve peace. Power and controls are simply the means by which they intend to achieve their goal. This was addressed widely in AC1, but ever since then many of us have felt that he writers at Ubisoft have chosen to strip the Templars of any ideology, dumbing them down to appeal to a wider audience and depicting them as merely "evil". I am happy to see that the truth isn't so.

tarrero
04-16-2012, 06:05 PM
It may seem like that from a subjective point of view, given the fact that we're used to thinking that "mind control=bad", but the truth is that from their point of view, the Templars are doing the right thing. At its core, their goal is not to achieve power, it is to achieve peace. Power and controls are simply the means by which they intend to achieve their goal. This was addressed widely in AC1, but ever since then many of us have felt that he writers at Ubisoft have chosen to strip the Templars of any ideology, dumbing them down to appeal to a wider audience and depicting them as merely "evil". I am happy to see that the truth isn't so.

Agree, even though that AC2 is my favorite, its templars were awful, a bunch of greedy fat old men whose only desire was money..... Prince ahmed at least had a more "loyal" purpose...

blazefp
04-17-2012, 12:24 AM
The third guy talking, the one who's gonna write a book about abstergo, he seems to be Erudito in his beginnings

Poodle_of_Doom
04-17-2012, 01:01 AM
Woah, I've never seen\ listened to these before and they seem to be quite important to the story, in a sense that they show us that the writers of the franchise still maintain some effort to depict the Templars as people of Ideology, that strive to peace achieve after all, despite the fact that in the past couple of games they seemed to have been dumbed down into being greedy, power seeking ***holes. Apparently these phone call recordings were one of the hidden things in Brotherhood, but seeing how I never came across them while playing through it, I figured I must not be the only one who doesn't know about them. So for any of you who haven't listened to them yet, here they are: the Abstergo Phone Call Recordings. Video is with subtitles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAoz7HHUvok&feature=endscreen&NR=1

Old news. They were part of the Truth/Glyph files.

LightRey
04-17-2012, 01:40 AM
Y'know OP, You should really do all the extra stuff.

DiamondBlade_R
04-17-2012, 07:47 AM
Fact of the matter is, even though my IQ is pretty high , I always get frustrated when trying to solve puzzles\riddles etc., both in real life and in video games, and therefore I've come to a point where I don't play video games for the puzzles. I mostly try to watch them all online to make sure I don't miss out on any information they give, but this one must've slipped under my radar for some reason.

De Filosoof
04-17-2012, 11:28 AM
Fact of the matter is, even though my IQ is pretty high , I always get frustrated when trying to solve puzzles\riddles etc., both in real life and in video games, and therefore I've come to a point where I don't play video games for the puzzles. I mostly try to watch them all online to make sure I don't miss out on any information they give, but this one must've slipped under my radar for some reason.

Yeah that's because all the youtube videos skip through all the important data and information.
I bet you missed a lot of other information too.
My suggestion is, put ACB in your console again and go on glyph hunt. ;)
Believe me, the puzzles are pretty fun and you can also learn some stuff from them.
Searching for them on buildings is also fun.
****, i really missed them in ACR :(
Stupid data fragments :mad:.

iSoTryHard
04-18-2012, 10:23 AM
so cool never unlocked it

it was funny how the subtitles were so behind

how do you unlock it

Scystab
04-18-2012, 10:37 AM
Y'know OP, You should really do all the extra stuff.

Amen to that! i don't know why people don't complet the game to 100%. it's the side quests what i love most about in ACB and i really missed them in Revelations. And to assassins4l1f3 : read the 3rd post in this topic, or simply the post above yours ;)