PDA

View Full Version : Control Layout Question

Qwazukee
04-15-2012, 06:11 AM
I just switched over from PC to xbox, as my PC probably won't run 3 and I don't want to buy a new one, and the game transfers pretty well, but I did have one issue with the layout. I can't really sprint and look around, since holding down RT and A and using the right joystick is near impossible. This is really obnoxious during chase sequences. Is there a silly way around this which I am missing, or any way to alter the controls? Thanks.

punkyskunk
04-15-2012, 06:14 AM
hold rt and a and use the left joystick

Qwazukee
04-15-2012, 06:16 AM
I mean, yeah, to move, but on PC it really helped to be able to change direction while runnign and look in different directions. I got really used to it, and taking it away bothers me a lot. Do I just need to get used to it?

punkyskunk
04-15-2012, 06:20 AM
i dnt know ive been on the xbox since AC1. I geuss
its like playing saints row after playing gta for years... you get used to it i geuss

Qwazukee
04-15-2012, 06:26 AM
I guess. I've been noticing that the xbox version also seems to auto adjust the camera for you every once in a while. It's odd when I'm doing it on my own, but when I'm not, it actually helps a lot.

Potato54321
04-15-2012, 07:29 AM
Yeah, that really bothered me when I got an Xbox controller for AC2 and ACB's horrible mouse acceleration. It was better than having to move my mouse 10 feet to look 2 feet, but it was not fun getting used to the inability to run and look.

This also demonstrates exactly why Ezio abruptly turns around and runs the opposite way when you move the camera too far to one side: his movement and the camera are linked, for the benefit of people using a gamepad.

pacmanate
04-15-2012, 11:54 AM
Controller wise? The left stick is character movement and the right stick is the camera

Grazel69
04-15-2012, 03:18 PM
What I do sometimes is I use my nose for that, it's a little hard to master but once you get the hang of it, it works.

rileypoole1234
04-15-2012, 03:52 PM
I don't know. The PC definitely lets you be more free with the camera, so I think you'll just have to get used to it.

dxsxhxcx
04-15-2012, 03:58 PM
I don't know. The PC definitely lets you be more free with the camera, so I think you'll just have to get used to it.

W + Space + Right Mouse but.ton + mouse movement FTW!! :D

punkyskunk
04-15-2012, 05:40 PM
just parkour everywhere

JumpInTheFire13
04-15-2012, 09:46 PM
What I do sometimes is I use my nose for that, it's a little hard to master but once you get the hang of it, it works.
Same but I use my chin hahaha.

just parkour everywhere
lolwut

BBALive
04-15-2012, 10:04 PM
I just switched over from PC to xbox, as my PC probably won't run 3 and I don't want to buy a new one, and the game transfers pretty well, but I did have one issue with the layout. I can't really sprint and look around, since holding down RT and A and using the right joystick is near impossible. This is really obnoxious during chase sequences. Is there a silly way around this which I am missing, or any way to alter the controls? Thanks.

Post PC specs and I'll tell you if you'll be able to run it.