PDA

View Full Version : Shaun AC3

FrederikHimpe
04-13-2012, 08:47 PM
maybe, i'm thinking that maybe Shaun is a traitor working for the templars,

and maybe you have to kill Shaun in the first 30 seconds...

who els would you have kill,

I think Daniel Cross or Vidic is too important to kill immediately...

rileypoole1234
04-13-2012, 08:49 PM
I highly doubt it. Lucy was the traitor. I don't have any idea of who we'll kill in the beginning, but I bet it's not Shaun.

pacmanate
04-13-2012, 08:50 PM
Although Shaun is very annoying.

FrederikHimpe
04-13-2012, 08:50 PM
im think it's not william or rebeca...

TheHumanTowel
04-13-2012, 09:03 PM
im think it's not william or rebeca...
Who says there will be another traitor in the Assassin's? There is nothing to make us suspect Shaun is a templar.

Captain Tomatoz
04-13-2012, 09:08 PM
I like Shaun, he is hilarious and I liked his sarcastic humour. I don't see why people find him so annoying

Potato54321
04-13-2012, 09:17 PM
I like Shaun, he is hilarious and I liked his sarcastic humour. I don't see why people find him so annoying

This. Why all the Shawn hate? :confused:

Anyways, I doubt he would be the traitor. Ubi needs him for sarcastic British humor! Especially after reading the AC2 and ACB databases -- Shawn writes some really hilarious things in there, and I missed it in ACR.

ProletariatPleb
04-13-2012, 09:19 PM
Exactly...I kinda see a part of me in him...and I wouldn't wanna kill me.

freddie_1897
04-13-2012, 09:39 PM
I know, I love him!
Hes hillarious! He's like a misunderstood child! I'm bored of all these video game characters who are all really cool and professional, and Shaun Is just the contrary to that.

Plus, being voiced by a comedy screenwriter has it's perks, I'll bet he came up with a lot of the funny little stuff such as...

Desmond: wassa matta you altair?
Rebbeca: hey that's racist!
Desmond: your racist!

If someone can find that vid please post

freddie_1897
04-13-2012, 09:43 PM
I think killing vidic in the beginning would work quite well in the sense that it will make people think that the plot is thickening and that AC3 isn't really close to the end. I mean we all thought that vidic would be like 'the main guy to kill' in the end of AC3, if they killed him at the beginning we'd all be like 'woah, so, vidic wasn't that significant? Something way bigger is gonna go down'

SixKeys
04-13-2012, 09:46 PM
While I find Shaun highly annoying , I doubt he or Rebecca is a traitor.

SleezeRocker
04-13-2012, 09:48 PM
I know, I love him!
Hes hillarious! He's like a misunderstood child! I'm bored of all these video game characters who are all really cool and professional, and Shaun Is just the contrary to that.

Plus, being voiced by a comedy screenwriter has it's perks, I'll bet he came up with a lot of the funny little stuff such as...

Desmond: wassa matta you altair?
Rebbeca: hey that's racist!
Desmond: your racist!

If someone can find that vid please post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GgvR9m6heM

FrederikHimpe
04-13-2012, 09:56 PM
Look at 1.26 isn that the same watch shaun has on, same arm
maybe i think too much :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzDzp1LeVcU

http://www.cosplayisland.co.uk/files/costumes/5114/44820/117.jpg

rob.davies2014
04-13-2012, 10:05 PM
Maybe the first assassination is an animal. Maybe we play a bit of Connor first before playing as Desmond and he's being taught how to hunt by a fellow tribesman.

freddie_1897
04-13-2012, 10:47 PM
Look at 1.26 isn that the same watch shaun has on, same arm
maybe i think too much :)

[video=youtube;RzDzp1LeVcU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzDzp1LeVcU
He doesn't have the same voice as Shaun, and that's Daniel cross

dxsxhxcx
04-13-2012, 11:03 PM
Shaun is the coolest modern day character in this franchise until now, if they do that to him (turn him into a templar) this would be worse than Den Defense and 1st person missions together... :P

Animuses
04-13-2012, 11:35 PM
There is nothing to make us suspect Shaun is a templar.
Just like with Lucy.

GeneralTrumbo
04-13-2012, 11:37 PM
I highly doubt anyone in the squad right now is a traitor.

ShaneO7K
04-14-2012, 12:00 AM
Just like with Lucy.

Well, there was alot of hints along the way. While with Shaun it is just for the reason that people find him annoying so he must be a templar.

Serrachio
04-14-2012, 12:02 AM
Well, there was alot of hints along the way. While with Shaun it is just for the reason that people find him annoying so he must be a templar.

By that same definition, Rebecca must be a Templar because she outed Shaun to Lucy about those two yoghurts he ate!

:rolleyes:

UrDeviant1
04-14-2012, 12:07 AM
By that same definition, Rebecca must be a Templar because she outed Shaun to Lucy about those two yoghurts he ate!

:rolleyes:

Hmm, you could be on to something here.

Locopells
04-14-2012, 12:39 AM
That quip of his about Europe is the best...

Animuses
04-14-2012, 12:48 AM
Most of it speculation off of anything she did in Brotherhood.

ShaneO7K
04-14-2012, 12:51 AM
Most of it speculation off of anything she did in Brotherhood.

And others such as the escape at the beginning of AC2. While with Shaun there is next to nothing that would actually point to him being a Templar.

Legendz54
04-14-2012, 12:59 AM
http://www.cosplayisland.co.uk/files/costumes/2631/54555/ShaunLucyHideoutBrotherhood.png
Anyone up for reconciliatory yoga? anyone??

Locopells
04-14-2012, 01:00 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Gw9PfzHoZI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89Gle78B8BU

ajl992008
04-14-2012, 01:17 AM
lol at shauns country, when looking at acb cinematics there are actually a lot of hints to lucy being a templar, a lot of instances where she doesnt like what she is doing or she somehow got information which she should have found hard to get or impossible to get.

naran6142
04-14-2012, 03:07 AM
lol at shauns country, when looking at acb cinematics there are actually a lot of hints to lucy being a templar, a lot of instances where she doesnt like what she is doing or she somehow got information which she should have found hard to get or impossible to get.

example please, cause all i remember is lucy almost losing her mind over the death of the many assassin teams

SixKeys
04-14-2012, 03:37 AM
example please, cause all i remember is lucy almost losing her mind over the death of the many assassin teams

There are two scenes where Desmond inquires about how Lucy was able to smuggle information/tech out of Abstergo. The first time he asks Lucy straight, the second time when Lucy disappears for a while he asks Rebecca. Both times the answer he gets is sort of handwavy, like "oh, some old passwords still work". It sounds convincing enough not to raise too much suspicion but with everything taken into account, it's worth noting they actually took time to specifically put scenes in the game where Desmond is suspicious about something Lucy did, like he feels something isn't adding up.

beatledude210
04-14-2012, 06:34 AM
I don't think we'll see that happen, at least, I hope not. I've always liked Shaun's character :)

infamous_ezio
04-14-2012, 07:07 AM
The dev's confirmed that shaun will be making "witty" comments about the brits in ac3 because he is a brit im pretty sure.. so no he isn't a traitor

Poodle_of_Doom
04-14-2012, 07:58 AM
He doesn't have the same voice as Shaun, and that's Daniel cross

Actually.... look a breif second after that...

The dev's confirmed that shaun will be making "witty" comments about the brits in ac3 because he is a brit im pretty sure.. so no he isn't a traitor

Doesn't mean he hasn't coded the references into the animus.... which could be present well after he's gone.

FrederikHimpe
04-14-2012, 09:22 AM
maybe when Shaun escaped the abstergo van, the injected him witht the same stuff the justed for D. Cross

and gave him the order to infiltrade in the assassins order, who knows maybe hes a sleeper agent too...

LightRey
04-14-2012, 01:17 PM
Lol, Shaun a traitor? Seriously? Even if we ignore the way he joined the order in the first place, he's managing what's probably almost all the teams out there. If he were a traitor he could and would have ruined the Assassins long ago.

freddie_1897
04-14-2012, 01:56 PM
Is Lucy being a traitor not enough for you people?
Seriously the way this is going all the assassins will turn out to be templars

infamous_ezio
04-14-2012, 02:09 PM
Doesn't mean he hasn't coded the references into the animus.... which could be present well after he's gone.

WOW, can't you just accept it that their is no possibility that shaun is a traitor? you have absolutely no evidence to prove that he is, the only signs we have is that he is not a traitor and is loyal to the assassins. the devs confirmed that he would be in ac3, why the hell would he make a recording of all the events that he hasn't even seen? are you kidding me?!!?!?!??! re read what you said

ShaneO7K
04-14-2012, 02:45 PM
I'm wondering if any more details on the leak on the Sao Paulo team will come up. I remember one the E-mails that Bill sent to Shaun in ACB on the status of each team said something like they suspected a mole on that team.

freddie_1897
04-14-2012, 03:49 PM
Yeah, sorry, but he isn't a templar, jut because he's annoying doesn't make him a Templar, and to be honest, if he was a Templar he probably wouldn't be annoying, because he's acting.
But I have to agree with infamous_Ezio here, just accept it ok, your coming up with feeble theories on why he might be a Templar, stop embarrassing yourself

Poodle_of_Doom
04-14-2012, 03:58 PM
WOW, can't you just accept it that their is no possibility that shaun is a traitor? you have absolutely no evidence to prove that he is, the only signs we have is that he is not a traitor and is loyal to the assassins. the devs confirmed that he would be in ac3, why the hell would he make a recording of all the events that he hasn't even seen? are you kidding me?!!?!?!??! re read what you said

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9PD4Om31ro

Now watch... he'll be a traitor. Because, you know,... just before ACR, you all would have argued that Lucy was still alive.

DiamondBlade_R
04-14-2012, 03:59 PM
***THE LOST ARCHIVE DLC SPOILERS!!!***

If there's one thing we've learned from the plot twist in TLA DLC where it is revealed that Lucy was a Templar, it's that the writers at Ubi are capable of coming out with plot twists out of their asses if they feel like it. I've said it time and time again on here, and I will continue saying it until everyone listens: Lucy was NEVER meant to be revealed as a templar up until Brotherhood. The idea of her defection to the Templar was NOT conceived in the beginning. We have no evidence whatsoever from AC1, AC2 or even ACB to suggest that she despised Wiliam as much as she supposedly did, or that she secretly supported the Templars' cause. On the contrary: We have evidence to against this, that show that she was just a loyal to the Assassins as the rest of Desmond's group, such as the fact that she went out of her way to steal the Memory Core even though that would serve no purpose for her as a mole, but only as a soldier on the Assassin side. There are many more evidence to support the fact that her defection to the Templars was made up by the writers on the go (my extended post about this can be found here (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/664119-***MAJOR-quot-THE-LOST-ARCHIVE-quot-SPOILERS***-Lucy-Now-that-s-just-lazy-story-writing?p=8202052&viewfull=1#post8202052)). That being said, though highly disappointed, I wouldn't be surprised if the writers suddenly decided to have Shaun go rogue for no apparent reason. So the fact that we don't have any evidence to support his being a traitor doesn't necessarily mean that he's not going to be revealed as one in AC3.

ShaneO7K
04-14-2012, 04:00 PM

Now watch... he'll be a traitor. Because, you know,... just before ACR, you all would have argued that Lucy was still alive.

Now that there is a different discussion altogether.

TheHumanTowel
04-14-2012, 04:16 PM
This is such a pointless argument. There is nothing in any of the games to suggest Shaun is a traitor. It's pure speculation to say he's a templar and Poodle_of_doom should stop pretending it's anything else.

freddie_1897
04-14-2012, 04:41 PM
He won't be a traitor, I will cut my balls off and eat them if he is

LightRey
04-14-2012, 04:46 PM
:O
Ubi! This is your chance!

DiamondBlade_R
04-14-2012, 04:50 PM
:O
Ubi! This is your chance!
~~~___~~~"

LightRey
04-14-2012, 04:58 PM
~~~___~~~"
http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/41575_124295510960786_121585_n.jpg

infamous_ezio
04-14-2012, 06:04 PM

i can assure you that it will not happen, heck, with that logic and lack of proof, you may aswell say desmond is a sleeper agent, actually, william isn't desmonds father

Gil_217
04-14-2012, 06:12 PM

If there's one thing we've learned from the plot twist in TLA DLC where it is revealed that Lucy was a Templar, it's that the writers at Ubi are capable of coming out with plot twists out of their asses if they feel like it. I've said it time and time again on here, and I will continue saying it until everyone listens: Lucy was NEVER meant to be revealed as a templar up until Brotherhood. The idea of her defection to the Templar was NOT conceived in the beginning. We have no evidence whatsoever from AC1, AC2 or even ACB to suggest that she despised Wiliam as much as she supposedly did, or that she secretly supported the Templars' cause. On the contrary: We have evidence to against this, that show that she was just a loyal to the Assassins as the rest of Desmond's group, such as the fact that she went out of her way to steal the Memory Core even though that would serve no purpose for her as a mole, but only as a soldier on the Assassin side. There are many more evidence to support the fact that her defection to the Templars was made up by the writers on the go (my extended post about this can be found here (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/664119-***MAJOR-quot-THE-LOST-ARCHIVE-quot-SPOILERS***-Lucy-Now-that-s-just-lazy-story-writing?p=8202052&viewfull=1#post8202052)). That being said, though highly disappointed, I wouldn't be surprised if the writers suddenly decided to have Shaun go rogue for no apparent reason. So the fact that we don't have any evidence to support his being a traitor doesn't necessarily mean that he's not going to be revealed as one in AC3.

I legit loled at this post.

First of all, of course we have no evidence from AC1, AC2 and even ACB (William was only "introduced" in the DLC) that Lucy despised William, he (William) was only introduced properly in the forth game, so how in the f*ck do you expect evidence to existe in those games about Lucy's feelings regarding William?

Second, of course they depicted her as being loyal to the Assassin's, what in the hell do you expect, do you wanted them to reveal that Lucy was a Templar agent from the very beginning? Now that would be a lot of fun. She had to play along for God's sake.

Third, even if they didn't present evidence of her true allegiance in previous games (which, imo, they did), that doesn't mean they didn't have all of this planned out since the beginning.

Do you understand what I'm saying to you?

infamous_ezio
04-14-2012, 06:19 PM

dafuq did i just read?
you can't say that they didn't plan it, the hole point was to make lucy out to be an assassin, the memory core was stolen to make things go quicker most likely, lucy had to seem like she was on the assasin's team...

dude.. why would we have evidence of lucy being a templar in the first game? that would mean we would expect it and hence.. not really a turn of events, and if we had evidence, desmond would have seen it, BUT NO IT WAS MEANT TO BE A CLIMAX

Poodle_of_Doom
04-14-2012, 06:45 PM

You do realize that many of us here are going to hold you to that....

freddie_1897
04-14-2012, 07:11 PM
You do realize that many of us here are going to hold you to that....
wow, now would be a good time to say I'm a woman

im not btw.

Inappropriate Content

UrDeviant1
04-14-2012, 07:14 PM
tell you what poodle, you can choose how i eat them, but if he isn't a traitor, you have to give yourself a BJ, you know what i mean, but the kiddies don't

You say that as If It would be a bad thing o.O

freddie_1897
04-14-2012, 07:15 PM
You say that as If It would be a bad thing o.O
Inappropriate Content

UrDeviant1
04-14-2012, 07:17 PM
Inappropriate Content

You say that as If It would be a bad thing.. o.O

DiamondBlade_R
04-14-2012, 07:19 PM
I legit loled at this post.

First of all, of course we have no evidence from AC1, AC2 and even ACB (William was only "introduced" in the DLC) that Lucy despised William, he (William) was only introduced properly in the forth game, so how in the f*ck do you expect evidence to existe in those games about Lucy's feelings regarding William?

Second, of course they depicted her as being loyal to the Assassin's, what in the hell do you expect, do you wanted them to reveal that Lucy was a Templar agent from the very beginning? Now that would be a lot of fun. She had to play along for God's sake.

Third, even if they didn't present evidence of her true allegiance in previous games (which, imo, they did), that doesn't mean they didn't have all of this planned out since the beginning.

Do you understand what I'm saying to you?

dafuq did i just read?
you can't say that they didn't plan it, the hole point was to make lucy out to be an assassin, the memory core was stolen to make things go quicker most likely, lucy had to seem like she was on the assasin's team...

dude.. why would we have evidence of lucy being a templar in the first game? that would mean we would expect it and hence.. not really a turn of events, and if we had evidence, desmond would have seen it, BUT NO IT WAS MEANT TO BE A CLIMAX

I guess I have no choice but to quote my own post about this yet again lol, I do have arguments to back up my statements, I just didn't wanna list them all here so as not to come off as pathetic for posting it so many times.
But I guess there's no way around it, so...

...Anyway, I just finished watching Darksydephil's playthrough of The Lost Archive DLC, where it is revealed that Lucy was indeed a Templar, or, to be exact, an ex-Assassin who during her mission to infiltrate Abstergo switched sides and decided to work with Abstergo.

Now, all I have to say is, WTF?!
Now, I'm not talking a "major plot twist-ish", positive "WTF" here, but rather something along the lines of, "REALLY, UBISOFT? THAT'S THE BEST YOU CAN COME WITH?"

Now, let me try and explain my view of this: I'm not that I'm all that upset just about the idea of Lucy being a Templar, but rather, I'm upset with Ubisoft because I have full confidence in the belief that the idea of Lucy's defection to the Templars was simply made up by Corey May (to whom I still have the utmost respect) and his crew on the go. I do NOT believe they intended for Lucy to be an Assassin-turned-Templar from the start, or even during the ACII days. Think about it. All throughout the first two games, her character was depicted as being more dedicated to the cause of the Assassins than anyone else. And no, it was not just her "being a good actress"; throughout the first to games, they were never any clues, EVER, as to indicate that she despises William as much as she supposedly did, or even any indication of her being "tired of fighting on the Assassin side" or anything like that. That was just made up by the writers during the writing process of Brotherhood (I assume it was not later than that, because it seems unlikely to me that they'd decide to kill her off before settling on an actual reason to do so - thus was born the idea of her being a Templar).

The one thing that has truly made me believe that this whole concept of Lucy being a Templar was made up on the go, is the fact that supposedly, the entire ruse of her "earning Desmond's trust my pretending to be an Assassin spy in Templar territory" was initiated by Vidic as a method to get Desmond to better cooperate with Abstergo, in case he didn't cooperate with them during his time in their Animus 1.0. Wait, what? Aside from some muttering about wanting to go home, and a little talking back to Vidic here and there, when and how exactly was Desmond "uncooperative" during his time at Abstergo? They had him under control. They had managed to have him submit to them and not try to resist them. They even succeeded in using him to discover the location of the first Apple, which was what they kidnapped him for in the first place. That being said, there was no need for them to initiate any elaborate plan to make Desmond any more cooperative than he already was - which is why I think, again, that the entire idea was made up on the go.

Another argument supporting this fact is that during the cutscene on the DLC which reveals the fact that Lucy was in league with the Templars, Vidic says to her that "when she meets the Assassins, she can ask them why there left her so long ago." Fact of the matter is, we have no evidence to show that the Assassins ever "left Lucy" - on the contrary, it'd be safe to assume that just as they were communicating with her during the first game, they had been keeping in touch with her for a long time before that - presumably 7 years prior to the events of AC1, when she first started her long-time mission of infiltrating Abstergo Industries and spying for the Assassins.

Also, if the entire event of her bringing Desmond to the Assassins' hideout in the beginning of ACII was just orchestrated by Abstergo to get Desmond to an environment where he felt safe and would cooperate, why did Lucy steal the Memory Core? That was not essential to whatever it is the Templars want to do with Desmond. That was just her bringing the Assassins a device that could provide them with an advantage, as slight as it may be, over the Templars.

Lastly, if the writers supposedly planned for Lucy to be revealed as a Templar from day 1, why would they have her train Desmond to control the Bleeding Effect and use it for his own gain? Why would she fully train her enemy to be skilled with a tool that could be used against her as a weapon later on?

freddie_1897
04-14-2012, 07:21 PM
You say that as If It would be a bad thing.. o.O
ok, he has to KILL YOU, Inappropriate Content

UrDeviant1
04-14-2012, 07:22 PM
ok, he has to KILL YOU, WITH Inappropriate Content

I don't know who that's possible but I won't stick around to find out.
You win. xD

freddie_1897
04-14-2012, 07:24 PM
I don't know who that's possible but I won't stick around to find out.
You win. xD
yay!
Inappropriate Content

infamous_ezio
04-14-2012, 07:37 PM
ok, he has to KILL YOU, WITH HIS Inappropriate Content

he has to kill him, using only the force ;)

UrDeviant1
04-14-2012, 07:48 PM
he has to kill him, using only the force ;)

o.O I hope he don't follow-through.

Captain Tomatoz
04-14-2012, 07:50 PM
Well this thread has gone off topic

Poodle_of_Doom
04-14-2012, 07:50 PM
I disagree with the terms and condistions set forth in this agreement...

Black_Widow9
04-14-2012, 08:36 PM
Wow seriously... I suggest you don't derail anymore threads and stick to the OP. This has gone way downhill.