PDA

View Full Version : templars and hidden blades

lothario-da-be
04-13-2012, 06:57 PM
today it's the first time i realise that the templars (in mp) are training there men like assassin's and with hidden blades.How lang are the templars also using hidden blades and how often do they use "stealth" because in the games we haven't seen such a templars yet. exept for vali cel tradat(the sentinel) but he was an assassin before he was a templarf vv

rileypoole1234
04-13-2012, 07:40 PM
Errr...

We're not really sure of too many things concerning the Templars. They are secretive for a reason. We'll no doubt learn more about them in AC3.

Scystab
04-13-2012, 08:33 PM
The point of the MP plot is that they are training their agents to be as leathal as the assassins, that includes their weapons and tactics. They went with "fight fire with fire" method. It was all explained in the intro MP trailer in AC B i think, they might have shown it again in Revelations. Not sure anymore :)

Potato54321
04-13-2012, 09:14 PM
Yeah, that seemed weird to me too, but for a different reason. Unless they are going to fight at some point in the past (which, due to various limitations regarding space-time, is impossible), it would be more practical for Abstergo to use their resources to train with more modern tactics (more like Hitman, than Assassin's Creed), but that wouldn't make much sense, gameplay wise (Hey, look! MP has completely different gameplay!).

/sigh. Another reason I don't like the modern storyline too much...

f vv[/FONT]

Anywhom, side note. Is Revelations your first Assassin's Creed game? (Not meaning to attribute any negative connotations to the question, just curious.)

The entire series is spent devoted fighting the Templars, and we see quite a bit of them.

AC1: The Templars are the targets you must kill, and ideologically very similar to the Assassin's, yet fight like knights or soldiers.

AC2: The Templars are difficult to spot, but we know that many people, such as the Pope, the Pazzi family and some members of the Barbarigo family, are Templars. It's also slightly implied that some guards are secretly Templars. None of them act much like Assassins.

ACB: The Borgia and almost all of the guards are Templars. They act pretty much the same as Assassin's Creed II Templars.

ACR: The Byzantine remnants are Templars. You know all those guys with Eagles on their armor? Those are the Templars. They act, like, well, guards.

Anyways, we've seen them before, and they do not act much like Assassins. I think I'd go with Scystab's opinion on why they are acting like Assassins (Besides, of course, having a MP mode that plays the same as SP.)

SaintPerkele
04-13-2012, 09:47 PM
Anywhom, side note. Is Revelations your first Assassin's Creed game? (Not meaning to attribute any negative connotations to the question, just curious.)

The entire series is spent devoted fighting the Templars, and we see quite a bit of them.

AC1: The Templars are the targets you must kill, and ideologically very similar to the Assassin's, yet fight like knights or soldiers.

AC2: The Templars are difficult to spot, but we know that many people, such as the Pope, the Pazzi family and some members of the Barbarigo family, are Templars. It's also slightly implied that some guards are secretly Templars. None of them act much like Assassins.

ACB: The Borgia and almost all of the guards are Templars. They act pretty much the same as Assassin's Creed II Templars.

ACR: The Byzantine remnants are Templars. You know all those guys with Eagles on their armor? Those are the Templars. They act, like, well, guards.

Anyways, we've seen them before, and they do not act much like Assassins. I think I'd go with Scystab's opinion on why they are acting like Assassins (Besides, of course, having a MP mode that plays the same as SP.)
That's what the guy was saying.. Vali Cel-Tradat was one of the only Templars who behaved similar to an Assassin, killing people using stealth and so on. And I tjhink he's right, at least I can't recall any particular one, aside from the multiplayer characters in Project Legacy of course.

TrueStoic
04-13-2012, 09:56 PM
Yeah, that seemed weird to me too, but for a different reason. Unless they are going to fight at some point in the past (which, due to various limitations regarding space-time, is impossible), it would be more practical for Abstergo to use their resources to train with more modern tactics (more like Hitman, than Assassin's Creed), but that wouldn't make much sense, gameplay wise (Hey, look! MP has completely different gameplay!).

Here is my explanation to the way Abstergo today train their recruits;
Ofcourse they need a lot of people to find and kill the assassins , but inn order to do so, they need to be highly trained people.
Now with all the resources Abstero has, it would not be a question of how well they would prepare their men for the assassins ( like a military base here and there)
BUT even Abstergo is not true to the public, they are at least as secretive as the assassins, thus al those high profile preps and trainings , for what? an enemy they cant even point out? ( to the public and their sponsors and miscalenous "contacts" at least) Thus they took advantage of the researc done with the animus subjects, seeing that the bleeding effect is actuaaly possible, they do that on a massive scale under a suposedly very big office building, thus keeping their other face hidden to the public WHILE stil training their men for tha assassin hunts.

SixKeys
04-13-2012, 10:01 PM
It's not surprising some Templars would use the assassins' technology for their own purposes. They've probably caught and killed quite a few of them across the centuries and found the hidden blade a useful weapon, so they stole the designs and made some modifications. (The hidden blades in the ACR MP retract more like a switchblade during the kill animations, not like the classic assassin blade. Also, in ACB Lia de Russo's hidden blade is on top of her wrist instead of on the underside and Il Lupo's hidden blade expands upon impact to do more damage to the victim's internal organs.)

Potato54321
04-13-2012, 10:12 PM
That's what the guy was saying.. Vali Cel-Tradat was one of the only Templars who behaved similar to an Assassin, killing people using stealth and so on. And I tjhink he's right, at least I can't recall any particular one, aside from the multiplayer characters in Project Legacy of course.

Ah, okay. I misunderstood what he was saying. Sorry about that OP.

Though, friendly suggestion to the OP:
Try to improve your grammar and spelling next time, it's sort of difficult to read. It's legible, but some commas would go a long way to making it easily read.

Here is my explanation to the way Abstergo today train their recruits;
Ofcourse they need a lot of people to find and kill the assassins , but inn order to do so, they need to be highly trained people.
Now with all the resources Abstero has, it would not be a question of how well they would prepare their men for the assassins ( like a military base here and there)
BUT even Abstergo is not true to the public, they are at least as secretive as the assassins, thus al those high profile preps and trainings , for what? an enemy they cant even point out? ( to the public and their sponsors and miscalenous "contacts" at least) Thus they took advantage of the researc done with the animus subjects, seeing that the bleeding effect is actuaaly possible, they do that on a massive scale under a suposedly very big office building, thus keeping their other face hidden to the public WHILE stil training their men for tha assassin hunts.

Hmm...I guess. Still seems kinda implausible. What's the use of training with a hidden blade, when you could use the technology to make modern environments that they will actually fight in, and train using modern equipment? They could still be using Assassin tactics, but without the wasted energy spent on learning to use hidden blades.

DavisP92
04-13-2012, 10:24 PM
yea, the templars actually do train in the ways of the assassin. Well the 2012 templars do, but what's stupid is that they are training by reliving the lives of their ancestors who are some how trained in the way of the assassins but in SP, which is suppose to correspond to the MP, they don't fight like assassins. I would like to see more challenging templars, seeing how they know that assassins are coming after them, i feel like they would be training day in and day out just to be ready for when an assassin does come after them

dxsxhxcx
04-13-2012, 10:37 PM
they use hidden blades because they want the multiplayer to provide a similar experience the SP does, simple, the background they created to justify the Multiplayer is just something that they made to make it sound cooler...

DavisP92
04-13-2012, 11:08 PM
they use hidden blades because they want the multiplayer to provide a similar experience the SP does, simple, the background they created to justify the Multiplayer is just something that they made to make it sound cooler...

yea that makes sense, but they aren't using the iconic assassin hidden blade. It's their altered templar blade. but i'm really hoping they have some coop story/gameplay (playing as assassins)

Serrachio
04-13-2012, 11:46 PM
In Project Legacy, Fiora Cavazza and Baltasar de Silva observed an Assassin kill an official and made notes about how the Assassins dressed and what their impression of the Hidden Blade worked like. It was because of this that the Prowler, Il Lupo, was taught how to act and kill just like them, with his "Hidden" Switchblade.

How the Smuggler, Lia de Russo, got her Inverted Hidden Blade is unknown, but it could have been due to the experimentation of trying to find out how they could get closer to the Assassin design, as could also be said by the Hidden Blade in ACR's MP.

One thing you need to know is that they are not playing as "Ancestors", they are playing as "Personas". This is probably done by using stored data collected with the DDS (Data Dump Scanner) and implemented into the Animus to impart the skills needed to the employees at Abstergo that are taking part in the Animi Training Program.

By having weapons close to the Assassins and owning the skills that they use, the Templars could hopefully infiltrate the Assassins easier and sow discord within their ranks through mimicking their killing techniques and assassinating people that aren't the Assassins' true targets, or more valuable individuals that are linked to the Assassin Order.

frogger504
04-14-2012, 05:26 AM
Templars actually started using a variation of Hidden Blades and by the end of Revelations, or rather a few years after, they have had working poison blades.

SaintPerkele
04-14-2012, 01:05 PM
Templars actually started using a variation of Hidden Blades and by the end of Revelations, or rather a few years after, they have had working poison blades.
Source on that? I always thought I was pretty good when it comes to AC knowledge, but that's new to me :P