PDA

View Full Version : Now I know where the idea of Connor using tomahawk and knife came from!

creed of killer
04-12-2012, 09:20 PM
As the title says, I think I know where Ubisoft got the idea of having Connor fight with both a tomahawk and a knife. ;)

Think they got the idea from the movie The Patriot (2000), setted in the American Revolution, where the main character duel wield a tomahawk and a knife at the same time. This main char also kills alot of redcoats by himself, check for yourself
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbtA0TIyoI8

The battle reminds of the battle Connor is fighting with the redcoats alone at night time in the reveal trailer. We can even see in the vid (Patriot) that the lead char uses the tomahawk to both throw (witch I suspect Connor will be able to do looking at the trailer, where he retrieves his tomahawk from an enemy) and parrys rifles.

If THIS isn't enough... gues where this battle takes place, in the frontier!

So what do you guys/girls think? might this movie lay behind much of the combat-style and may it also be WHY Ubisoft choosed to use the American Revolution?

I am eager to hear/read your thoughts :)

notafanboy
04-12-2012, 09:23 PM
just no...

rileypoole1234
04-12-2012, 09:32 PM
So what if he uses a knife and a tomahawk? Ubi didn't use the Patriot as a guidline for ideas. They thought of it themselves.

JCearlyyears
04-12-2012, 09:39 PM
You can read my thoughts? O.o If he can throw the tomahawk, interesting. I think that if the combat is like in this video, it will be fun.

tH3PatRi0Tx1776
04-12-2012, 10:50 PM
So what if he uses a knife and a tomahawk? Ubi didn't use the Patriot as a guidline for ideas. They thought of it themselves.

It's not that they copied them, more like they saw it a long time ago and when they started working on the game, they were like "remember that movie by Mel Gibson 'The Patriot'? The combat looked really cool with the dual wielding and the tomahawk and knife. Let's try something like that!"

I mean, you can't say that they came up with the idea of it all by themselves either, since it is an actual Native American fighting style. One that Mel Gibson portrayed pretty awesomely. Ever since I saw that movie I thought it would be cool for a game to be set in that period and with that combat system. Why not someone from Ubi?

pacmanate
04-12-2012, 10:54 PM
Ive gotta watch that movie!