PDA

View Full Version : Would you like this as a new replay system?

pacmanate
04-12-2012, 11:49 AM
I just read a thread about some guy saying how he wanted to start a new game carrying over everything he had from his previous game save, armour/weapons etc. The only solution for him would be to replay every single mission in sequence, and I find this really annoying. Mostly because you have to keep entering the loading animus screen where Ezio just stands there between every mission.

I was thinking, would you rather start a new game carrying over all of your armour/weapons?

I personally would because it would relieve me of frustration of entering a single mission, finishing it in around 6 minutes, then running around in the animus, then going to the DNA screen, then going to select the mission, then running around in the animus some more, repeat.

OriginalMiles
04-12-2012, 04:19 PM
Like a new game+ feature?
If so, no, it suits some games but I wouldn't like it in AC.

Sushiglutton
04-12-2012, 04:56 PM
Hutchinson has said that he is trying to get a NG+ feature into the game, but it's not decided yet. Arkham City had it, but imho I don't think it added much. But I suppose it's fairly cheap to do, so why not?

SixKeys
04-12-2012, 05:29 PM
No. Having all your equipment at the beginning of the game just makes it ten times easier and takes the fun out of collecting them again.

Serrachio
04-12-2012, 05:48 PM
No. Having all your equipment at the beginning of the game just makes it ten times easier and takes the fun out of collecting them again.

I suppose Revelations would have been a little more fun when it came to collecting stuff if everything in the shops wasn't so overpriced.

LadyGahan2010
04-12-2012, 05:58 PM
NG+ system in AC does not appeal to me either. Prefer the old DNA, I have no problems waiting for upgrades, and honestly, starting the game with full armor and all weapons would make it really boring. I don't mind having 3 difficulties levels but without carrying over all upgrades from finished game.

SolidSage
04-12-2012, 06:03 PM
Sure, why not? Playing earlier missions with previously unlocked weapons would alter things a bit, increasing diversity. Especially like it if it increases difficulty also. And if it's like BAC, it's always an option, not mandatory. I can't see how this would be a negative at all.

Captain Tomatoz
04-12-2012, 06:14 PM
I suppose Revelations would have been a little more fun when it came to collecting stuff if everything in the shops wasn't so overpriced.

I think the reason why the shops were over priced was because people complained about there being to much money in the previous games so you could just get everything really early on. I liked the fact things were over priced because it made it more of a challenge :D.

Someone mentioned in another thread that if the guards were stronger when playing new game + it would make it more of a challenge, rather than playing though the easy enemies early on with the best armour/weapons. If done right then I'm okay with it. It won't work well for the story though.

SixKeys
04-12-2012, 06:16 PM
I would see it as negative because it would render some scenes completely nonsensical. Imagine if in AC2 you started off with two hidden blades right from the start. It would make the scene where Leonardo gives you the first one look silly and unnecessary. Then when he later on gives you the second one (and the poison blade, and your new assassination techniques), those cut scenes would be entirely pointless. It would ruin the carefully constructed narrative.

SolidSage
04-12-2012, 06:37 PM
^ Yes, but it wouldn't make the scenes nonsensical because you would choose not to play Newgame+, and instead just start a new game where all the scenes make perfect sense. Then for me, newgame+ scenes wouldn't detract because I would skip them anyway.
More options are almost always a good thing.

pacmanate
04-12-2012, 06:44 PM
I just mean to have an OPTION. They have it in Resident Evil 5. I don't really see what the difference is. Replaying a sequence after you finished the game will mean that you will have all your weapons and armour anyway. So NG+ wouldn't matter because its just like you are playing ALL of the sequences in order, minus the loading screens everytime you finish a mission

Serrachio
04-12-2012, 07:42 PM
I think the reason why the shops were over priced was because people complained about there being to much money in the previous games so you could just get everything really early on. I liked the fact things were over priced because it made it more of a challenge :D.

Someone mentioned in another thread that if the guards were stronger when playing new game + it would make it more of a challenge, rather than playing though the easy enemies early on with the best armour/weapons. If done right then I'm okay with it. It won't work well for the story though.

But here's the thing. I completed the game way before I renovated everything and got every weapon and armor, but I didn't need to buy any weapons and armor because the best stuff was unlockable through doing the Master Assassin missions and finding Ishak Pasha's Memoir Pages.

I hated the fact that I had to keep wondering "When is the bank going to update?", all because I barely got enough money when it did and because the stuff I wanted to buy costed way more than it needed to be. Coupled with renovating the city (which didn't exactly help the city or improve its appearance at all), and that Mediterranean Defense costed a crapton to build Dens and invest there as well, it felt too strict on what it was giving me.

And here's the thing. Constantinople was supposed to be this big bustling metropolis back then, so shouldn't that have been reflected in the amount of money that Ezio received from his cut in the shops and landmarks he had purchased shares in (or outright purchased)?

Yeah, people can complain that they had too much money in Brotherhood, but most of the ones who did had completed everything, and the amount they had was through collecting their money time and time again after they had nothing left to buy. When it came to Revelations, you weren't given enough cash from the start and they then decided to put too many moneysinks into the game, which took considerable chunks out of the Akce that you had from what you collected and saved.

All it kind of boils down to is this: They gave you far too little money to buy stuff, because they made anything and everything cost too much. The renovations had no overarching effect on the city, and they nullified the point in purchasing weapons and armor by making it pitifully easy to earn the unbreakable armors and full-statistic weapons.

JCearlyyears
04-12-2012, 09:44 PM
I say yes, even though it wouldn't make sense in some parts. I like new game+, I like options. If you don't want to, you shouldn't have to.

Animuses
04-13-2012, 01:35 AM
No thank you.