PDA

View Full Version : Ported LOL

toadzila
04-11-2012, 01:44 AM
Been gaming since counter strike. I have never played a good ported game. So drop the ball again. UBI, you make games that could be so good. But you release them and put out no patches. Take my money, promise me a great game and then give no support. You need support for people to run there own servers. This was your biggest mistake in rainbow 6 Vegas. Great game no servers killed it. You think after all these years making games you would get better at it. Alot of you here will think im *****ing. But I think after all my years of gaming and buying crap I should be heard and im not the only one who thinks this. I will be watching this one close. Hope its good UBI. I want to buy it. Please make it good. For I will never buy another UBI game because you just disappoint. Sorry to have been rude but its what i feel. Thanks to everyone who read this.

skywarp00
04-11-2012, 03:27 AM
rainbow six didn't have servers....it was p2p hosting.

ricey1966
04-11-2012, 03:43 AM
rainbow six didn't have servers....it was p2p hosting. Actually it is worse than that, the only part that could be P2P related is the custom head , the rest goes via the ubisoft server in Canada , so when that is offline or has one of it's frequent brain wind you cannot play online

skywarp00
04-11-2012, 04:20 AM
odear hahaha well I'm sure the infrastructure of ghost recon fs is improved since rainbow six days so there will be stable connections. From footage of seen of players in france/euro all seems fine.

ricey1966
04-12-2012, 12:47 AM
I will believe that when i see it, the game is a port so how can that be improved on ? having to go via the server in Canada in particular from the uk is always going to give you a high ping regardless of ISP or how the connection is configured, unless you have lots of money to spend on a special grade of connection that those who trade real-time on the stock markets use, and then only see a minimum reduction in the latency 70ms is around the lowest from the uk , some European countries may see lower but not by a lot, but how they can sell their games globally is beyond me, think of those in Asia

gameshoes
04-12-2012, 02:33 AM
Well, even though there's only one PC image posted, the graphics upgrade is impressive.
At least that shows that Ubi is putting at least 5x more effort than other developers when it comes down to porting.

GuZZ33
04-12-2012, 09:44 AM
All video games (as far as i know) are developed on the PC. In my honest opinion, it's not so much the way of thinking that ..."hey the game is a port so it is bound to be rubbish ", but, imho, it is what the developers can add to the game that takes full advantage for the windows platform. We have been given some information on the PC details for Ghost Recon Future Soldier and it sounds good to me. Gameplay is gameplay imho, i mean, it's a game and you play it :), but certain specific features may or may not be what everyone is hoping for.

RaginDude
04-13-2012, 02:04 AM
Yeah right, Rainbow Six Vegas sounded nice at first too, see how it turned out... I almost puked when I saw the city in the background of the "press start" menu. Voluntary ignoring things won't make them go away.

Look at those PC screenshots, http://www.gamesradar.com/pc/tom-clancys-ghost-recon-future-soldier/slideshow/#screenshot/453957, they're terribly bland.